CA - Malibu Creek State Park Shooting, Tristan Beaudette, 35, 22 June 2018 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is hunting allowed in surrounding areas of the park?

Anyone live in the surrounding mountains of the park?

Also, any farms in the area?

At that early in the morning, it may have been a hunter.

My sister owns 2 houses that are maybe a mile away. I’ve spent a lot of time there.

No, hunting is not allowed.

There are a lot of people who own horses, goats, mini donkeys, chickens, etc., but they are pets. There are no farms that I am aware of.

“The theory we are working with is he was shot inside the tent,” Lt. Rodney Moore told the Los Angeles Times on Sunday. “The children were inside the tent, too.”
California man fatally shot in his tent while camping with two young daughters, police say
-------------------------------------------------
Hmmm..
Tristan was shot inside the tent vs Tristan was inside the tent when the shot came from outside. What do you think?

He was inside the tent when he was shot. Hence "the children were inside the tent too".

What's the main form of wildlife in that area (the park itself)?

"Lions and tigers and bears - oh my!" -The Wizard of Oz
Well, one out of three ain't bad, but it's a junior lion, the mountain lion, that roams here. Here's what else you may find:
Reptiles & amphibians: salamanders, newts, toads, frogs, turtles, lizards and snakes including the Southern Pacific Rattlesnake
Birds: loons, boobies, cormorants, herons, egrets, vultures, geese, ducks, hawks, eagles, falcons, quails, terns, hummingbirds, woodpeckers, owls, ravens, larks, sparrows, cranes, thrush, bluebirds, wrens and swallows
Mammals: bats, raccoons, skunks, badgers, coyotes, foxes, bobcats, mountain lions, squirrels, chipmunks, gophers, mice, voles, rabbits and deer.

Nature

I thought I should add a little more insight into the area for those of you who are not familiar with it.

This is an affluent area to live in. Property is not cheap.

If you continue West past the campgrounds you encounter a 2 lane windy mountain road that ends with a gorgeous view of the ocean at Pacific Coast Highway (Pepperdine University on your right). If you take it East, you will see more residential areas, a school, then a small shopping center just before you hit the 405 freeway.

Larger wildlife that you see often are deer, coyotes, and an occasional mountain lion.

Does the landscape have such a point available with clear line-of-sight?

I know a few others posted maps, but here is a link to a view of the campsite. The specific campsite is only slightly beyond the "pin" for where the google maps 'Malibu Creek Campground' is. If you look in 3D, you will see there are hills to the southeast that are quite close.

Google Maps

Is the small building, just to the southeast of the pin, and the Beaudette's campsite, a washroom facility? Could Tristan have just returned from the bathroom and still and the flashlight on in the tent?

(I'm saying this, while in my heart, I think he was targeted by someone he knew.)

Police reported the firearm used to kill Tristan Beaudette has NOT been found. Also, that the killing is being investigated as a homicide at this point. Will be interesting to read the autopsy report when that becomes available. Also, Malibu Creek is closed until further notice. Police are still reporting that the shot appears to be done from INSIDE the tent.

Also, Allergan has a medical device office in SF Bay Area- Pleasanton.

Is there a link to this statement? This is key. I've not read it in a news article yet.

I know a few others posted maps, but here is a link to a view of the campsite. The specific campsite is only slightly beyond the "pin" for where the google maps 'Malibu Creek Campground' is. If you look in 3D, you will see there are hills to the southeast that are quite close.

Google Maps

Is the small building, just to the southeast of the pin, and the Beaudette's campsite, a washroom facility? Could Tristan have just returned from the bathroom and still and the flashlight on in the tent?

(I'm saying this, while in my heart, I think he was targeted by someone he knew.)

With two small kids he'd probably pee outside the tent rather than drag them through the dark to the bathroom. That's not safe in mountain lion country.

Sounds more like someone was creeping around the campsite. But he may indeed have had a light on in there. Checking his phone or flashlight looking for something.

Last edited:
Are we off on the timing of the other 'shooting'? I thought it was the previous Monday. I'm pretty sure the park has been closed down since TB's killing.

Okay, I thought it was the Monday after, i.e. yesterday. I could be wrong.

It's in the Washington Post article, which has been linked several times.

"“The theory we are working with is he was shot inside the tent,” Lt. Rodney Moore told the Los Angeles Times on Sunday. “The children were inside the tent, too.”"

California man fatally shot in his tent while camping with two young daughters, police say

Yes, HE was inside his tent, but it's not clear that the shooter was inside the tent. The poster said that the was shot 'FROM inside the tent'. Big difference. I'm not sure we know which it is and I don't want us to be presuming.

It could’ve just been a crazy camper that got upset at TB for some simple reason. I had a terrifying experience while camping with my husband and bulldogs one year. It was four in the morning and this camper came to our tent and started screaming at me to wake my husband up and shut him up because she couldn’t sleep from his snoring. It had actually been my English bulldogs snoring but regardless, this lady was pissed. She said she had to wake up early and I needed to do something about it. We ended up putting our dogs in our car with the AC running so she could sleep. I wonder if he’s a snorer. Sounds crazy but you never know!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member