CA - Malibu Creek State Park Shooting, Tristan Beaudette, 35, 22 June 2018 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found it. Seems some locals are nervous.
I would be too. When we had the freeway shooter over here my close friend's daughter was the 2nd car to get hit. Luckily nobody was killed but there were so many cars that would randomly get hit with bullets and some people were injured. It was terrifying. I was afraid to take my daughter to her soccer games that were right off that particular freeway.

Shotgun might explain the ambiguity about the location of the fatal wound. If it was shot rather than a slug, and he took the brunt of the shot in the upper torso, it would have been a lot easier to overlook a single pellet to the head.

The dates of the various shootings makes me think it might be a person home from college. They're all summer, except for one in January and that could have been winter break.

I found it. Seems some locals are nervous.

I am glad you found it! Still trying to figure out how to link items here! :) Did you notice on the Call to the Wall FB page that 1) the dates had been changed and 2) they were promoting huge crowds with little parking?
Did you note the time of the 2017 Call of the Wild shooting?

Shotgun might explain the ambiguity about the location of the fatal wound. If it was shot rather than a slug, and he took the brunt of the shot in the upper torso, it would have been a lot easier to overlook a single pellet to the head.

The dates of the various shootings makes me think it might be a person home from college. They're all summer, except for one in January and that could have been winter break.

I agree in the sense that it does have the feel of a younger person. It's always early morning. I wonder who could be out and about at that time so often with a weapon and nobody paying attention to it in the close circle. Definitely someone knowing the area well and seems to be staying around that same corridor right around the camping area. I do think the intent is to kill though, it's not just foolish behavior leading to injury. It seems like it's more than that and escalating as mentioned.

On another note there is also the summer camps (Camp Gillmore) that are run right next to Tapia Park, just a little south western of David Gonzalez Camp School. Looks like this summer camp has a street leading right into Tapia Park. I would estimate from the map maybe 800 feet to Tapia Park entrance. Walkable.... One of the activities shown on their homepage is Air Rifle. The Salvation Army Camp Mt. Crags and Camp Gilmore | CAMP ACTIVITIES

Last edited:
I agree in the sense that it does have the feel of a younger person. It's always early morning. I wonder who could be out and about at that time so often with a weapon and nobody paying attention to it in the close circle. Definitely someone knowing the area well and seems to be staying around that same corridor right around the camping area. I do think the intent is to kill though, it's not just foolish behavior leading to injury. It seems like it's more than that and escalating as mentioned.

On another note there is also the summer camps (Camp Gillmore) that are run right next to Tapia Park, just a little south western of David Gonzalez Camp School. Looks like this summer camp has a street leading right into Tapia Park. I would estimate from the map maybe 800 feet to Tapia Park entrance. Walkable.... One of the activities shown on their homepage is Air Rifle. The Salvation Army Camp Mt. Crags and Camp Gilmore | CAMP ACTIVITIES
I lot of older people don't sleep well at night. If it is a shotgun, I somehow imagine an older man who knows the area well but possibly stays off the grid as much as possible. Possibly someone who resents the intrusion of modern facilities.

I do not understand why the day areas are open to hike but the camp grounds are closed. If all these past events are connected then wouldn't hikers be in danger as well. The sp(s) targeted both cars and humans. Basically everything is a target

The reviewers are correct... the map for Malibu Creek State Park is terrible. What I did determine though is that the campsites are very close to the road. I drove this route all the time and never realized the campsites were so close. They're about the same distance as the naturalist said he was from the road when he was shot.

I'm starting to think someone was parked along the road and could make a quick getaway at that hour. (I haven't looked at the white car yet that someone posted).

I lot of older people don't sleep well at night. If it is a shotgun, I somehow imagine an older man who knows the area well but possibly stays off the grid as much as possible. Possibly someone who resents the intrusion of modern facilities.

You are right...the shotgun does indeed make it feel like an older person!

Eight confirmed shootings. TB is one. Seven other dates listed below.

7 Other Unsolved Shootings Around Malibu Creek State Park Where Father Was Killed

Four of the shootings were in the California State Park jurisdiction. Those occurred on:

Nov. 3, 2016- Thurs
Nov. 9, 2016-Wed
Jan. 7, 2017-Sat
July 30, 2017-Sun

The other three were in the sheriff’s department jurisdiction.

June 6, 2017 -Tues
July 22, 2017 -Sat
June 18, 2018- Mon

Added days of the week to see if there was a pattern. Nothing on Fridays so far but that seems to be it.

Another thing. I used to drive this route around 5:30am. While it wasn't busy, there were other cars on the road. I'd guess maybe a rate of 50-100 cars in a 30 minute period. While 4:45 would have been a lot fewer, somebody had to see something.

They're smart to hand out fliers during rush hour. It's likely that someone returning home may have taken the same route to go to work at that time of the morning.

I do not understand why the day areas are open to hike but the camp grounds are closed. If all these past events are connected then wouldn't hikers be in danger as well. The sp(s) targeted both cars and humans. Basically everything is a target

Yeah, but it's all near the highway and the campgrounds. The only person who was actively hiking was camping, not hiking, when he was shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur