CA - Malibu Creek State Park Shooting, Tristan Beaudette, 35, 22 June 2018 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He has x-rayed and whatever. The article says the autopsy has been done, it's just being transcribed before release.

"Winter said further details of the medical examiner’s findings would be available once a full medical report is transcribed." Father killed at Malibu campground was shot in head, coroner says
Right. What do you think the meaning of "I don't believe there were multiple gunshots"? I take it since the report is pending, he is qualifying his statement, and means wounds.

Wait- re-reading that quote from the Coroner, " I don't believe there were multiple gunshots". If he was quoted correctly and a recent quote, that CAN'T mean gunshot wounds. Coroner would have xrayed or MRId the body an already known how many gunshot wounds. Perhaps there is more info he knows via LE about hearing one shot only?
The autopsy report stated "gunshot wound to the head" only.

I just thought of this story that happened where I used to live, when I lived there around 2010. Took me a bit to find an official msm article.

Shooter Fires at Vehicles on Highway in Waxahachie

I called police with the speculation that it was the schizophrenic son of my neighbor who had again gone off his meds. We had a dry creek bed behind our houses that afforded him the opportunity to walk unseen to the highway and hide in the culvert and shoot at cars then stash the weapon on the way back and not be seen. The police agreed and said they were thinking the same thing but couldn’t get the evidence together to prove it. No weapon. Initial reports thought the shooter had fled in a white truck, when they ruled that out there weren’t any signs of footprints. I can’t tell from the satellite views if there are large culverts for a shooter to hide in.

This guy used darkness and walked in and out just to randomly shoot at vehicles.

Pretty sure his dad thought the same thing and had him committed for a bit again to get him back on his meds. It all sort of came to a head when the son went off his meds again and ended up pointing a gun at his father who then proceeded to shoot the son in the *advertiser censored* on his way out the door. We had life flight and swat show up which terrorized the horses.

Right. What do you think the meaning of "I don't believe there were multiple gunshots"? I take it since the report is pending, he is qualifying his statement, and means wounds.

I think it means exactly what it says. He believes that to be true but doesn't necessarily know whether shots that missed the body were fired.

Looks like they pulled the report off the website. I just tried and it says it is unavailable
They sure did. I went in there to buy the full report if available. Nope, no result shows up.

It states 'Cases where Next of Kin have not been notified or cases on Security Hold will not be displayed.'

They sure did. I went in there to buy the full report if available. Nope, no result shows up.

It states 'Cases where Next of Kin have not been notified or cases on Security Hold will not be displayed.'

I believe someone upstream copied the verbiage from the report and posted it. I'll see what I can find.

I saved the text:

Case Number:
2018-04753
Name:
TRISTAN BEAUDETTE
Date of Birth:
11/19/1982
Ethnicity:
CAUCASIAN
Date of Death:
06/22/2018
Place of Death:
PARK
Manner:
HOMICIDE
Cause A:
GUNSHOT WOUND TO THE HEAD
Cause B:
N/A
Cause C:
N/A
Cause D:
N/A
Other Significant Causes:
N/A
Investigator:
MOSES
Deputy Medical Examiner:
DR. ORTIZ
Case Status:
CLOSED
Body Status:
READY

For more case information, please call the Records unit number: 323-343-0695.

Deferred = Pending additional investigation.

Cases on security hold will not be displayed in the search results.

Coroner Case information displayed or populated on this website is public record and is subject to disclosure by the California Public Records Act.

I just thought of this story that happened where I used to live, when I lived there around 2010. Took me a bit to find an official msm article.

Shooter Fires at Vehicles on Highway in Waxahachie

I called police with the speculation that it was the schizophrenic son of my neighbor who had again gone off his meds. We had a dry creek bed behind our houses that afforded him the opportunity to walk unseen to the highway and hide in the culvert and shoot at cars then stash the weapon on the way back and not be seen. The police agreed and said they were thinking the same thing but couldn’t get the evidence together to prove it. No weapon. Initial reports thought the shooter had fled in a white truck, when they ruled that out there weren’t any signs of footprints. I can’t tell from the satellite views if there are large culverts for a shooter to hide in.

This guy used darkness and walked in and out just to randomly shoot at vehicles.

Pretty sure his dad thought the same thing and had him committed for a bit again to get him back on his meds. It all sort of came to a head when the son went off his meds again and ended up pointing a gun at his father who then proceeded to shoot the son in the *advertiser censored* on his way out the door. We had life flight and swat show up which terrorized the horses.
Good gosh that's scary! Did the shootings stop after that?

Good gosh that's scary! Did the shootings stop after that?
We moved out not too long after the life flight/swat thing (because our company was purchased, not because of the neighbors). Last I heard they were both in custody and I’m not sure how it all played out. I don’t know if there have been more random shootings or not.

Although if memory serves, the sons mother lived in CA. If I can remember their names I’ll try to find the article where they talked about their family life.

I saved the text:

Case Number:
2018-04753
Name:
TRISTAN BEAUDETTE
Date of Birth:
11/19/1982
Ethnicity:
CAUCASIAN
Date of Death:
06/22/2018
Place of Death:
PARK
Manner:
HOMICIDE
Cause A:
Cause B:
N/A
Cause C:
N/A
Cause D:
N/A
N/A
Investigator:
MOSES
Deputy Medical Examiner:
DR. ORTIZ
Case Status:
CLOSED
Body Status:
READY

Coroner Case information displayed or populated on this website is public record and is subject to disclosure by the California Public Records Act.
Thank you so much!! :D
I still want to purchase a full detailed report when available.

I'm surfacing from my long time lurker status to ask a question of people who know more about guns than I do: I live a few minutes away from Malibu Creek State Park and we are plagued all year long with people lighting firecrackers and shooting guns into the air at all hours of the night, especially around holidays. Is it possible to shoot a gun upward into the sky and have the bullet hit someone sleeping in a tent?

I'm surfacing from my long time lurker status to ask a question of people who know more about guns than I do: I live a few minutes away from Malibu Creek State Park and we are plagued all year long with people lighting firecrackers and shooting guns into the air at all hours of the night, especially around holidays. Is it possible to shoot a gun upward into the sky and have the bullet hit someone sleeping in a tent?

I linked an article a ways back about a bullet shot into the air and killing a man standing in his back yard. I’ll find it again but yes I believe it’s possible.

Definitely! It's gotta come down somewhere. That's why shooting into the air is so dangerous. Now...the odds of it happening the way this did are probably astronomical. But it could happen.

I saved the text:

Case Number:
2018-04753
Name:
TRISTAN BEAUDETTE
Date of Birth:
11/19/1982
Ethnicity:
CAUCASIAN
Date of Death:
06/22/2018
Place of Death:
PARK
Manner:
HOMICIDE
Cause A:
Cause B:
N/A
Cause C:
N/A
Cause D:
N/A
N/A
Investigator:
MOSES
Deputy Medical Examiner:
DR. ORTIZ
Case Status:
CLOSED
Body Status:
READY

Thanks, Carbuff!

They actually made a law after a girl was killed from a stray bullet from someone firing their gun up into the air.
Shannon's law - Wikipedia

We moved out not too long after the life flight/swat thing (because our company was purchased, not because of the neighbors). Last I heard they were both in custody and I’m not sure how it all played out. I don’t know if there have been more random shootings or not.

Although if memory serves, the sons mother lived in CA. If I can remember their names I’ll try to find the article where they talked about their family life.
Is it creepily selfish to ask you to let me know if you find something? I'm hooked now lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rythmico