Found Deceased CA - Maricela Garcia, 26, Reseda, 12 Jan 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Been following here but hadn't had time to put my thoughts together. The one positive thing I'm seeing in this case is that, IMO, LE does not believe there has been foul play. Not because that's what they said, but because if they believed something nefarious was going on, they would tell the family to stop releasing these details /info immediately. LE would want more control over what is released to the media, and to the public in general. For example, Danielle Stislicki. It is an extreme example I know, but compare the information flow between these two cases and they are nothing alike.
It seems like Maricela was abducted based on everything we know, but this case isn't being treated as such. Maybe this is just me being hopeful that Maricela isn't being held against her will...

The weird thing to me, is that if she thought she was being followed for the past week, and was afraid of someone, WHY would she go out to the parking lot all alone to smoke?

The weird thing to me, is that if she thought she was being followed for the past week, and was afraid of someone, WHY would she go out to the parking lot all alone to smoke?

Maybe she didn't think she had anything to worry about in a public setting, especially with surveillance cameras present. I know when my ex was stalking me I was more afraid in the "safety" of my home than I was out in public where there are witnesses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel like if she was hurrying, it was to meet someone quickly so that her sister wouldn't begin to question the cigarette excuse for stepping out. I think she was meeting someone for an exchange (return of a personal item? A purchase owed to her?) or quick conversation, and intended to be right back without alarming her sister....but it didn't turn out as she expected :(.

In her pictures she seems to like dark, heavy lipstick. Was she wearing makeup that day? Does she ever go out without colored lipstick?

She went out to smoke, there were butts on the ground by the car. How many? Did they all have the same ends? Were they all smoked down to the same level? Did they all have lipstick?

To me it seems like she was not thinking clearly. Something made her walk down to that church. Was it her own thoughts? I feel that if she had been scared she would have gone back into the goodwill, alerted her sister, and either called police or make her sister go with her. I don't think fear is what made her leave the area.

I also do not think she intended to abandon her sister, or her belongings. Someone lured her over, and things went sideways from there.

The two men that approached the sister are the key. IMO

I would also like to hear more from the nuns, and the every single thing about what went on at that church.

Maybe she didn't think she had anything to worry about in a public setting, especially with surveillance cameras present. I know when my ex was stalking me I was more afraid in the "safety" of my home than I was out in public where there are witnesses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. I'm the same way. I tend to feel safer when I'm in a public setting verse just being home alone. So it could be plausible that she felt it was safe to go for a smoke because she was in a busy shopping center.

Looking at the church website, Confessions take place on Thursdays from 7:15pm-8:15pm. http://www.catherineofsienaparish.org/

Maricela would have been in the church during the church's confession time, according to the timeline given. ("Approximately 8:15 PM: Sarah goes into the chapel of Catherine of Siena Catholic Church. The two women in there tell her they saw Maricela approximately 25 - 30 minutes prior.")
So, that means the two women say Maricela was at the church around 7:45, which is within the hour Confessions are heard by the priest.
Was Maricela Catholic?
Did the priest report hearing confession from the young woman? Although, thinking on it I believe Catholic priests cannot reveal anything they've heard during confession, and usually it is heard in a booth with a screen for anonymity so it could be he wouldn't know it was her, anyway.

Just an angle of thought.

I think it was mentioned she went out the backdoor? Was she parked in the back of the store or in the front where she would have access to go into the other stores? After looking at the youtube video it looks like the front door?

attachment.php

If you watch the video you can see the stores address on the window. If you zoom in on google maps you can see the address. It looks like she must have gone out the front??

Attachments

• Goodwill.jpg
    Goodwill.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 407
Is it possible that she had her ID in her pocket because of her job? If she had to pick up a package and drop it somewhere, she may have had to show her ID. Not sure how that works, but it makes sense to me.

Yes, Maricela was Catholic. I brought the confession angle up to the family...maybe she wanted to tell SOMEONE her secret and felt like that was a safe way to do it. He said it's possible. They have NOT talked again to the church ladies or the priest. If they have not done that by Saturday, I am going to tackle the church.
Sarah felt like Maricela ran into the church and AWAY from the "safety" of GW to keep her (Sarah) safe. She said Mari was fiercely protective and if someone had been watching Maricela, she never would have wanted anyone to know that her sister was inside the store. She also would not have wanted to worry Sarah by telling her someone was after her.
She was not wearing lipstick that day, only light eyeshadow. Sarah thinks there were two cigarette butts but she said there might have been more. It was raining and at that point, she did not realize how important those cigarettes would become. American Spirit butts are on my list of things to look for on Saturday but unfortunately, it's rained numerous days since she went missing :(
The going out alone is also confusing. I am pretty much in the camp of initially meeting someone voluntary and getting taken from there. Breaks my heart.
HI SKIBS!!!! So nice to see you! Awesome code4SAR posted pictures of the general area. I wanted people to get a feel for just how far she walked in the dark rain to get to the church. Maybe if we could know what else was around the area that might have cameras...or unlit parking lots, apartment complexes, etc? I'm not sure where the 711 is either. IDK if that would be helpful or not. I will take pictures of the area Saturday.

Hi Moctiy! We have her on camera going out the front of Goodwill. We are unsure which exit she went through to the church. It looks like they have one that opens into the other end of the GW parking lot and one that opens into a smaller, darker lot BEHIND the strip mall.
Good point, FlossyMay about the ID. Wonder if I know any PM drivers that could answer that.

She exited the Goodwill the direction of Sherman Way, you can see the numbers on the top of the door in the surveillance footage.

Front door (facing Sherman Way): Screen Shot 2017-01-19 at 11.46.25 AM.jpg

Back door (facing Wyandotte St.): Screen Shot 2017-01-19 at 12.05.45 PM.jpg

attachment.php

Posting another picture from google maps that also shows the 7Eleven where it was reported that the sister was picked up.

Attachments

• Goodwill2.JPG
    Goodwill2.JPG
    134.9 KB · Views: 417
This seems likely

Is it possible that she had her ID in her pocket because of her job? If she had to pick up a package and drop it somewhere, she may have had to show her ID. Not sure how that works, but it makes sense to me.

Can I borrow that picture mocity, for the FB group, please?

Thank you. Can you add the 711? The two men were in that general vicinity. Although seeing these maps, I need to clarify their location with the family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste