Found Deceased CA - Maricela Garcia, 26, Reseda, 12 Jan 2017 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just can't shake the feeling that what really happened has got to be something more obvious to the facts, like a disappearance. Disappearing can be very hard and so is the temptation to pick up the phone and call your family. There have been stories over the years about how hard it is for people in witness protection to remain hidden, even with all the resources that are provided to them by the government.

I honestly think this is an abduction and who ever took her is hiding her so that there aren't any sightings. If she left on her own and is completely all alone having to take care of herself (food, shelter, etc.) she would either have to drastically change her appearance because of all the media coverage in that part of CA, get far away from CA fast, or both. I could be wrong, but that's just my gut instinct based on what is known.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been wondering if she is far away by this point too. What is the MO for HT? I'm guessing they take the victims out of state?? IDK.

I really don't have a strong theory at this point. The overflowing creek/river has been on the back of my mind, though we haven't discussed it much. I am hanging on to hope that she is somewhere alive and she will come home, maybe even on her own. But....IDK.

This is just my opinion-
She's lived on her own before because Sarah States" she's not on drugs, she hasn't been since we've lived together for the past year" in a news article. ( I don't have the link I'm on my cell) anyway, if Maricela didn't want to live with her family any longer, it seems as though she could've just left. If she was planning on some elaborate escape then why go through driving all the way to Venice, doing post mates runs and goodwill shopping? Why not just say I'm going out for cigarettes and run off.
She's 26 not 16 so could've left whenever she wanted.
If she had all this money to run off and start a new life without taking her possessions then why was she doing five dollar post mates runs? It costs a lot of money to start a new life and I don't think she had lots of money. Her car was very old and she was shopping at a GW. ( I'm not knocking her at all, I've been there and done that myself. My first car was a Plymouth that the doors swung open when I turned. I am certainly not making fun of her or anyone else. I'm just stating my opinion)
It just seems rather unlikely that a pretty young girl who likes make-up and fashion would run away without taking anything with her.

I have been wondering if she is far away by this point too. What is the MO for HT? I'm guessing they take the victims out of state?? IDK.

I really don't have a strong theory at this point. The overflowing creek/river has been on the back of my mind, though we haven't discussed it much. I am hanging on to hope that she is somewhere alive and she will come home, maybe even on her own. But....IDK.

HT have been known to have either have HT rings or connections all over the country. A person abducted for the purpose of HT can be across the country in a week and they do that on purpose - to get the away from where they will be looked for as quickly as possible.

Maricela going into the church, going in and out of every room there, sitting at a pew for a long time, then suddenly bolting out with a look of fear or sick on her face is the key to this whole mystery.

Maricela going into the church, going in and out of every room there, sitting at a pew for a long time, then suddenly bolting out with a look of fear or sick on her face is the key to this whole mystery.

I believe your right.

In my mind , I'm picturing her looking thru rooms trying to see if there was a safe hiding spot.

I think you're right. Just wish we knew what her time there meant!

I think she was out back of Jons smoking, maybe met someone there, and they started following her from there. She came back through Jons and made a beeline to that church. From there we know the path, ending at the Kaiser dumpsters.

When talking about her behavior in the church, remember that the dogs tracked her scent into multiple rooms there. Was she looking to hide, or hide "something"? I just feel like her SIM card (or some other clue) is in that church somewhere.

could it have been that she was looking for a particular person in the church, she waited and then left?

With superbowl only a few days away, it wouldn't shock me to learn that Maricela was taken and sold for HT purposes. It's entirely possible her modeling interests led to meeting unsavory characters. The timing is right...

I still have a feeling she was in over her head with the modeling. She owed someone something and if she didn't pay her sister would be next. I know HT term is over used in many cases. This case it seems plausible. I believe she met someone before the church. They said she needed to pay her dues or her sister would... ran to church to hide then realized sister in danger so ran out.. then the chase began. They took her. I do feel she is alive.

It does sound like an abduction imo and sadly there's no news coverage about her here in CA lately.

Flyers, checking the shelters and clinics needs to keep going so she can be found.

Poor girl [emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm still not ruling out the ex-boyfriend or a current jealous type. The phone blowing up with music makes me think that's a strong possibility. He could have texted where is she, she could have said going to goodwill in reseda with my sister, he could have then told her he was coming to talk to her. Sister would never be ok with that, so she says she is going to smoke.

The ladies at the church never said she was going in an out of rooms. I think if she was, someone would have asked her what she was doing or if she needed help. People cant just walk in and out of rooms in a church without it being odd. IF that actually happened, it sounds more like mental health or relapse, to me.

I am trying not to rely solely on the dog track. The first case that brought me to WS was Terrilyn Monette. She was a teacher in New Orleans who went missing. We watched video of her car turn left at a light into city park. People went through her path with a fine toothed comb. A couple of months later, her car was found in the bayou the OTHER way! Now they say the car on video might have been a car like hers, but not actually hers. I learned then to not close your mind off to facts that exist a little outside of the facts. Sometimes, the "facts" are a little off.

I'm still not ruling out the ex-boyfriend or a current jealous type. The phone blowing up with music makes me think that's a strong possibility. He could have texted where is she, she could have said going to goodwill in reseda with my sister, he could have then told her he was coming to talk to her. Sister would never be ok with that, so she says she is going to smoke.

The ladies at the church never said she was going in an out of rooms. I think if she was, someone would have asked her what she was doing or if she needed help. People cant just walk in and out of rooms in a church without it being odd. IF that actually happened, it sounds more like mental health or relapse, to me.

I am trying not to rely solely on the dog track. The first case that brought me to WS was Terrilyn Monette. She was a teacher in New Orleans who went missing. We watched video of her car turn left at a light into city park. People went through her path with a fine toothed comb. A couple of months later, her car was found in the bayou the OTHER way! Now they say the car on video might have been a car like hers, but not actually hers. I learned then to not close your mind off to facts that exist a little outside of the facts. Sometimes, the "facts" are a little off.

Yes!!! I am with you on this one @Mpnola.....now with what has occurred this week (new FB page, them wanting to start fresh) I get it. Sometimes starting over with a new perspective can be beneficial & it ends up taking you in a direction that you least expected.

@Mistivon hang in there & hugs go out to you, a lot of us are not giving up and support you! My question to you is..... do you know if they are no longer using the MP fliers used originally? I do believe that keeping her name & picture is so vital in her search.

And I understand the family's wishes with regard to omitting the previous info. I believe the family did not like the NG shows (especially the last podcast) since they were not included on the new FB page along with the few selected media info, I totally get it & respect that.

I too feel that she is still alive.....this case has touched me as a mom & because I live local.....prayers go out to all involved.

As far as I know, those flyers are still being distributed. HOWEVER, because I see the PI has mad e new one with the reward information, my guess is those are the ones they would like put out.

@Mistivon hang in there & hugs go out to you, a lot of us are not giving up and support you! My question to you is..... do you know if they are no longer using the MP fliers used originally? I do believe that keeping her name & picture is so vital in her search.

And I understand the family's wishes with regard to omitting the previous info. I believe the family did not like the NG shows (especially the last podcast) since they were not included on the new FB page along with the few selected media info, I totally get it & respect that.

I too feel that she is still alive.....this case has touched me as a mom & because I live local.....prayers go out to all involved.

Ok, I'm sorry. No No No No to page 2 [of the missing forum].
FYI, my PI has been working the Sarah Stern case. RIP Sarah.
Meant to thank earlier the user who complied the list of the methadone clinics and homeless shelters. That is such a huge help! I'm going to start there this weekend. Any other suggested places?

Meant to thank earlier the user who complied the list of the methadone clinics and homeless shelters. That is such a huge help! I'm going to start there this weekend. Any other suggested places?

Poor Sarah. That case is especially heartbreaking for me because I live in NJ. The photo of her prom , standing with the perp made my hair stand up: (

ADMIN NOTE: This thread is about Maricela, not her family. Any attempt to derail this thread will be smacked down pronto. You might've noticed that several posts have been removed, and I'm not done. Leave the FB drama on FB. It's off limits here.

Bessie
WS ADMINISTRATOR

:bump:

Discussion of FB page 1 vs. FB page 2 has no place here.

Discuss the case, not Facebook.

Thank you

Possibly battered women shelters? It might be a bit of a stretch, but maybe that's the secret she was keeping. Just an idea. Anything at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members