Found Deceased CA - Maricela Garcia, 26, Reseda, 12 Jan 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. I think her personality and her desire to become a model/playboy bunny, lends itself to her being manipulated and taken advantage of by a trafficker. I read a lot of first hand stories about trafficking when following other MP cases of young women in southern Cali. A lot of the women who were taken had simply attended 'meetings' with 'agents' or gone to a photo shoot or an audition.

I also had a very scary experience. My daughter lives in an upscale, expensive gated apartment complex in Woodland Hills. And a tenant in her building, who she had spoken to in the apt. doggie park a few times, was arrested last month for having several young women being held as prisoners and being forced to be sex workers in Palmdale area. He was a sex trafficker, living down the hall from her. :eek:

He had flirted with her but she never responded in kind---plus she lives with her boyfriend, so that probably made him think twice. But it is still very shocking that she was in such close proximity with someone who was holding women hostage for months.

If my daughter had lived alone, was single and had responded to his requests to go out for coffee, who knows what could have happened?
That's very scary, katydid23. You just never know who people really are....

Meant to thank earlier the user who complied the list of the methadone clinics and homeless shelters. That is such a huge help! I'm going to start there this weekend. Any other suggested places?

Don't go alone to those places! Please!

I don't know how battered women shelters work in Cali but here in Idaho where I am now they will not let anyone know the identities of the women and children they are harboring. I used to donate items to one and I had to be buzzed in to a foyer thru locked doors and all the occupants were told to stay out of sight of the foyer for their own safety when there was someone on the premises.

The only real way to investigate who's in a shelter is to become a resident. That's straight up PI stuff, not for novices.

Don't go alone to those places! Please!

I don't know how battered women shelters work in Cali but here in Idaho where I am now they will not let anyone know the identities of the women and children they are harboring. I used to donate items to one and I had to be buzzed in to a foyer thru locked doors and all the occupants were told to stay out of sight of the foyer for their own safety when there was someone on the premises.

I used to attend a support group for battered women and briefly worked with a shelter. They won't let anyone off the street know anything about who is in the shelter, but they will work with LE and PI's with proper credentials.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to attend a support group for battered women and briefly worked with a shelter. They won't let anyone off the street know anything about who is in the shelter, but they will work with LE and PI's with proper credentials.

Could fliers be mailed with a note asking that they be posted?

I'm pulling forward my earlier post about welfare checks. If someone is voluntarily missing, you should not do anything that a might be considered or interpreted as stalking. You can print information requesting that the missing person contact their family to let them know they're OK and give it to people. But, that's about it. LE and PIs can do more.

This would include:
Friends or relatives providing shelter
Battered Women's Shelters
Homeless Shelters
Drug Treatment Programs
Medical Facilities
and so on...

It's possible that the posters were being removed by someone who was sheltering her. IDK.

BBM
JMO/MOO/IMO
They may have requested a welfare check. That's what I did when my sister disappeared. I called LAPD and they took information from me, I believe, so they could verify my identity and then they put me on hold forever. Eventually (this was the same call) they told me that I should check the homeless shelters in the area but would not give me a list. I live in Northern California so I sat on that information for a bit. I called a cousin that I trusted and asked her to check a specific public park where the homeless hang out during the day. She found my sister there. She asked permission to let me know that she had seen her and my sister said OK. So, I knew she was alive.

Its possible that someone is sheltering her. Makes sense about the posters. I would hope, tho, that someone would contact LAPD or SHE would and just tell them she does not want to be found. She is considered missing under suspicious circumstances. The detective clarified to me they do not consider her voluntary. Go figure.
in the details, you know a lot. That is a great idea about the flyers. Thank you

Yes, of course. But I was assuming the fliers would be posted in case someone in the place recognizes her from elsewhere - another shelter, on the streets, etc.

But what do I know.

jmo

The women's shelter will not allow you to talk with residents ,however you could buzz into office and personally explain the situation and drop flyers. Meth/drug rehab facilities are very different. I've done some work in ones in Mexico ( art related) and even there I had to jump through many hoops to get in. It never hurts to make contact with them personally and explain the situation. Even if she was in one of them it would give them knowledge and in therapy talk discuss with her.

The women's shelter will not allow you to talk with residents ,however you could buzz into office and personally explain the situation and drop flyers. Meth/drug rehab facilities are very different. I've done some work in ones in Mexico ( art related) and even there I had to jump through many hoops to get in. It never hurts to make contact with them personally and explain the situation. Even if she was in one of them it would give them knowledge and in therapy talk discuss with her.

What about mailing the fliers with a note to please post them?

You're welcome. My sister is still missing but I've never changed my phone number in case she decides to contact me.

I still don't find MG listed on NAMUS. It's possible she's there but her name is spelled incorrectly. IDK

NAMUS Search Link
https://namus.gov

The CA DOJ has her missing under "Unknown Circumstances"
http://dojapp.doj.ca.gov/missing/detail.asp?FCN=2741701300043

If she had a medical emergency, anyone treating her would need to respect her privacy.

Its possible that someone is sheltering her. Makes sense about the posters. I would hope, tho, that someone would contact LAPD or SHE would and just tell them she does not want to be found. She is considered missing under suspicious circumstances. The detective clarified to me they do not consider her voluntary. Go figure.
in the details, you know a lot. That is a great idea about the flyers. Thank you

Alan will be doing a podcast on these missing women today.

ETA: Mari is not on Namus

I would agree EXCEPT that I still don't believe that she willingly left Sara there, especially if she knew how sketchy the area was. During the day, maaaaaaaaaaaybe possibly but at night, in the rain ,locked out of the car with a dead phone...I still don't see that too much

Stunning. Still leaves open lots of questions, but this radically alters the probabilities of various alternatives. Some kind of voluntary departure is way more likely if she knew the Church and the area.

I would agree EXCEPT that I still don't believe that she willingly left Sara there, especially if she knew how sketchy the area was. During the day, maaaaaaaaaaaybe possibly but at night, in the rain ,locked out of the car with a dead phone...I still don't see that too much

Right. But it was only 7:30. And there were lots of well lit open stores. And Jons is a huge supermarket. Tarzan is only a few blocks away and there are lots of busses on Sherman Way going right to Tarzana. So I don't really think Sarah was in any danger.

Why would family lie about Maricela knowing the area? Do you still believe Sara's accounting that they "randomly" ended up at this goodwill on a whim? I'm skeptical..

No. I don't believe it was random.
I also don't believe it was voluntary but I certainly see all angles.

Why would family lie about Maricela knowing the area? Do you still believe Sara's accounting that they "randomly" ended up at this goodwill on a whim? I'm skeptical..

Actually, just looked at the map. Tarzana is five miles away, straight up LINDLEY. So Sarah was almost home already.

No. I don't believe it was random.
I also don't believe it was voluntary but I certainly see all angles.

Perhaps a planned meetup (probably involving something illegal) that went bad. But at least we can safely rule out the stranger randomly started following her theories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing-CC