Found Deceased CA - Maricela Garcia, 26, Reseda, 12 Jan 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to throw one in for Foxfire and mention the possibility of jurisdictional linkage blindness perhaps playing a role here somehow?

Mistivon has done a wonderful job keeping this case alive and continuing to get the word out. In fact, if it wasn't for her perseverance,I would not have ever heard about this case.

I'm going to throw one in for Foxfire and mention the possibility of jurisdictional linkage blindness perhaps playing a role here somehow?

I would hate it if this happened to be the case here. That would prevent them from looking into things. No stone should be left unturned . :(

Bad people do bad things, and sometimes good people make poor choices that put them in the world of bad people.

In my heart of hearts, I think whoever took her simply took advantage of an opportunity. Wrong place, wrong time for Maricela.

I've tried to keep up on this thread, and really hope the best for Maricela and her family. I'm sure I've missed posts in the meantime.

I worry she met with foul play. Although when I saw the footage of Maricela and Sarah at Goodwill, it didn't really look like they were browsing. I know when I go shopping I drag on and on looking at everything; maybe they had something quite specific in mind and quickly realized nothing there met their requirements. Although 80's type clothes...seem pretty easy to find (look in my closet, LOL).

I really pray she hasn't met with foul play. Mistivon I appreciate your hard work, keep it up.

I just wanted to give a quick update.
The PR/NG show achieved some results. There were three significant tips called in. One of them, the LAPD went out on yesterday. While Maricela was not at that location, the person that lives there is still a viable option.
There are two others that are being looked at today/tomorrow.
Our search efforts for the weekend are being shifted. Because no one knows if Mari is alive or dead, we will still be searching the wash and LA river area and northeast of where she went missing.
As far as looking for a live girl, we are moving further east.
I did not post much yesterday because I was hoping to tell you all that we located her and she was safe. Unfortunately, that did not happen but I wanted to let everyone know that there are still tips that are being investigated.
Thank you for your continued interest in Maricela's case.

ETA: I also want to add that people are being re-interviewed in this case. We recently learned (the day of the podcast) that there is a history of DV in Maricela's prior relationship. I do NOT have links for this either, so mods, please delete if necessary, but I want to confirm that while there is not a named POI, neither has ANYONE been cleared of any involvement.

I just wanted to give a quick update.
The PR/NG show achieved some results. There were three significant tips called in. One of them, the LAPD went out on yesterday. While Maricela was not at that location, the person that lives there is still a viable option.
There are two others that are being looked at today/tomorrow.
Our search efforts for the weekend are being shifted. Because no one knows if Mari is alive or dead, we will still be searching the wash and LA river area and northeast of where she went missing.
As far as looking for a live girl, we are moving further east.
I did not post much yesterday because I was hoping to tell you all that we located her and she was safe. Unfortunately, that did not happen but I wanted to let everyone know that there are still tips that are being investigated.
Thank you for your continued interest in Maricela's case.

ETA: I also want to add that people are being re-interviewed in this case. We recently learned (the day of the podcast) that there is a history of DV in Maricela's prior relationship. I do NOT have links for this either, so mods, please delete if necessary, but I want to confirm that while there is not a named POI, neither has ANYONE been cleared of any involvement.
Thank you for keeping us updated Mistivon. Still hoping Maricella returns home safe...and soon.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Bad people do bad things, and sometimes good people make poor choices that put them in the world of bad people.

In my heart of hearts, I think whoever took her simply took advantage of an opportunity. Wrong place, wrong time for Maricela.
I agree. ...and sometimes bad people feel guilty/have a heart. Good people get caught up with the bad whether their mind frame is altered or not at the time.
Choices get made and I know I have made some bad ones. I think I have learned at my old age to make better choices but it isnt guaranteed I will.

Maricella if you are reading...please come home if you're able.

Imho...Your family is in a situation that is hard for them to choose what is the best choice for you but no matter what...you are loved and will be welcomed home with open arms. Moo

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When MG disappeared before.. boyfriend, drugs ..etc. What was the family informed of? Did she contact them in a day or two? Was there communication with friends? Cell phone used? How is this "time" different?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When MG disappeared before.. boyfriend, drugs ..etc. What was the family informed of? Did she contact them in a day or two? Was there communication with friends? Cell phone used? How is this "time" different?

Great question.

I thought the family had accused the ex-bf of actually kidnapping MG in the past. Although that wasn't mentioned in the press release. So, I'm guessing it's a bit of a gray area. The family may perceive things differently from MG. Going back all the way to the beginning of this case, I remember thinking it was really odd to hear the sister say "It's totally unlike her to do this" and then in the next sentence say "Well she has run away before."

Mistivon thanks for the update.
I continue to believe that she's met with foul play in one form or another. I don't care if she's run off before, I still can't see her leaving her car, pills and purse and smokes, just to run off.
I feel like she could've been very vulnerable and easy prey for anyone wanting to bring her harm.

I thought the family had accused the ex-bf of actually kidnapping MG in the past. Although that wasn't mentioned in the press release. So, I'm guessing it's a bit of a gray area. The family may perceive things differently from MG. Going back all the way to the beginning of this case, I remember thinking it was really odd to hear the sister say "It's totally unlike her to do this" and then in the next sentence say "Well she has run away before."

True. Was a gray area. If kidnapped, volunteer or just plain confused. What did the days or weeks after her not being with them look like? How did they know she was kidnapped? Missing? Principle of attitude consistency—lead us to make predictions that wouldn’t otherwise be that obvious. Ones own denial of wanting to believe what goes against their hopes can be a major barrier.

Mari has always maintained some sort of contact with her family. The previous time, after a few days of no contact, they suspected something was not right. They tracked her down and brought her home. Apparently, it was plain that she was not in that position willingly although I can't elaborate on how.
This time, that person was not in the picture so it wasn't an option to march over there and demand to see her.
When she was in her addiction, apparently no matter how bad, she still stayed in touch. She never pretended to be kidnapped or something, she just left.
Does that help at all? Did I miss something?

Mari has always maintained some sort of contact with her family. The previous time, after a few days of no contact, they suspected something was not right. They tracked her down and brought her home. Apparently, it was plain that she was not in that position willingly although I can't elaborate on how.
This time, that person was not in the picture so it wasn't an option to march over there and demand to see her.
When she was in her addiction, apparently no matter how bad, she still stayed in touch. She never pretended to be kidnapped or something, she just left.

That does and much more worrisome.

Ah, so the person that sort of kidnapped her the last time is not the same person as the ex-boyfriend described in the press release. I missed that distinction before.

Are we talking about the time she went missing before in 2014 and she was "returned to the home by this man"( ex bf) almost dead from an overdose in which she required hospitalization?
https://art19.com/shows/crime-stories-with-nancy-grace/episodes/64a52022-ca0e-4141-8071-5f4ae5a66301
Or is there a different time? How many times has he kidnapped her in the past? The one mentioned on the podcast says that it took place in 2014 and she was returned to the home by the man. Then above there is a time where the family went to get her after not hearing from her?
If I'm understanding this correctly, It's extremely troubling if this is a reoccurring theme. Hopefully they will be able to personally interview everyone necessary.

Ah, so the person that sort of kidnapped her the last time is not the same person as the ex-boyfriend described in the press release. I missed that distinction before.

OK this makes more sense now. I wasn't aware that there was two different men that have taken her ( or drugged her up enough so she couldn't leave possibly) I assumed it was the same person.

I'm sorry. I don't mean to be confusing.
Same man. Two occasions. Once she was dropped off. Once they went and got her. Both in 2014.

ETA: I said they could not "march over there and get her" not because it was a different person but because he is no longer local.

Are we talking about the time she went missing before in 2014 and she was "returned to the home by this man"( ex bf) almost dead from an overdose in which she required hospitalization?
https://art19.com/shows/crime-stories-with-nancy-grace/episodes/64a52022-ca0e-4141-8071-5f4ae5a66301
Or is there a different time? How many times has he kidnapped her in the past? The one mentioned on the podcast says that it took place in 2014 and she was returned to the home by the man. Then above there is a time where the family went to get her after not hearing from her?
If I'm understanding this correctly, It's extremely troubling if this is a reoccurring theme. Hopefully they will be able to personally interview everyone necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en