Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome back mistivon. I missed you.

Here is a list of California Regional Agencies fighting human trafficking. It's a CA DOJ list so probably is missing some options. Your local women's shelters and abused women's agencies might have some suggestions. A lot of the help for women in danger is "out of sight" so might be difficult to find.

I'm here. Waiting to hear back from code4SAR. I have the family's insight into the January 2016 insight and may give you their version shortly.
I believe margarita was asking about Elise Lam's detective. Her case never went to MPU, it went to Robbery/Homicide.
However, Detective Palmer is/was over Olivia Gonzalez and Brian Fernandez.
No results from yesterday's search and I still think it is odd that flyers are being pulled down as soon as they are put up.
Good points being made on the CI angle. Just not sure it is that as I'm still pretty strongly in the camp that believes HT is to blame.
It could be the other agency is DEA or FBI.
If someone were being trafficked, since there isn't a backpage anymore, where would I begin looking?
Thanks for your continued interest and discussion.

Is it true that a search dog tracked every bit of her movement that boar fruit without the search dog's handler being told information before hand?

Because I heard a search dog tracked her movements to the church and a supermarket and a dumpster area and to a cigarette butt of the kind she smokes to the back of a supermarket and other stuff.

So was the search dog that good?

I'm here. Waiting to hear back from code4SAR. I have the family's insight into the January 2016 insight and may give you their version shortly.
I believe margarita was asking about Elise Lam's detective. Her case never went to MPU, it went to Robbery/Homicide.
However, Detective Palmer is/was over Olivia Gonzalez and Brian Fernandez.
No results from yesterday's search and I still think it is odd that flyers are being pulled down as soon as they are put up.
Good points being made on the CI angle. Just not sure it is that as I'm still pretty strongly in the camp that believes HT is to blame.
It could be the other agency is DEA or FBI.
If someone were being trafficked, since there isn't a backpage anymore, where would I begin looking?
Thanks for your continued interest and discussion.
Try to get ahold of Windie Lazenko (email info@4hernd.org) as I am sure she will be able to help or point you to a good resource.
4herND.org is their website.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

If you wouldn't like to read great article from CBS news about Confident Informants. It's a practice that's going on across the country, largely under the radar -- and in some cases, with tragic consequences.

Confidential Informants http://www.cbsnews.com/news/confidential-informants-60-minutes-lesley-stahl/

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

There's also an even more common practice of police getting people on drug arrests to basically roll over on other people - usually 2-3. They typically want dealers or higher up and the hope is to catch a "big fish". However, in my twenties when I was part of the party scene and knew a lot of people involved in selling drugs I know they took this type of snitching (for lack of a better word) as total betrayal and something that could really get a person who gave names in some horrible trouble if word got out. And with that type of "helping" the police people usually put two and two together and figured it out. Just another example of how people can get seriously hurt when they're caught between the police and the drug world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The search team did not have that information beforehand. We knew about GW and Sara had spoken to two women at the church. They did not have that info and we did not know anything beyond that.

Is it true that a search dog tracked every bit of her movement that boar fruit without the search dog's handler being told information before hand?

Because I heard a search dog tracked her movements to the church and a supermarket and a dumpster area and to a cigarette butt of the kind she smokes to the back of a supermarket and other stuff.

So was the search dog that good?

There's also an even more common practice of police getting people on drug arrests to basically roll over on other people - usually 2-3. They typically want dealers or higher up and the hope is to catch a "big fish". However, in my twenties when I was part of the party scene and knew a lot of people involved in selling drugs I know they took this type of snitching (for lack of a better word) as total betrayal and something that could really get a person who gave names in some horrible trouble if word got out. And with that type of "helping" the police people usually put two and two together and figured it out. Just another example of how people can get seriously hurt when they're caught between the police and the drug world.

When my daughter was a senior in high school, she almost got caught up in a mess like that. One of her friends on her dance team, was coming late to school. She saw the 'canine Drug Dog' being brought to the campus. So she sent out a group text, basically to everyone on her dance team, warning them about the drug dog coming to school.

One of the girls got caught leaving campus with some pot in her backpack, after she read the text. So she was sent to the office, with the Human Resource officers. They took her phone, read the text, and brought in EVERYONE that received the warning text. Then they took those phones and read the recent texts.

They busted a few dealers that way, and thank goodness my kid didn't have anything suspicious on her phone that day. It could have created a huge nightmare.

When my daughter was a senior in high school, she almost got caught up in a mess like that. One of her friends on her dance team, was coming late to school. She saw the 'canine Drug Dog' being brought to the campus. So she sent out a group text, basically to everyone on her dance team, warning them about the drug dog coming to school.

One of the girls got caught leaving campus with some pot in her backpack, after she read the text. So she was sent to the office, with the Human Resource officers. They took her phone, read the text, and brought in EVERYONE that received the warning text. Then they took those phones and read the recent texts.

They busted a few dealers that way, and thank goodness my kid didn't have anything suspicious on her phone that day. It could have created a huge nightmare.
Funny how there wasn't a drug problem until a war on it was started.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Funny how there wasn't a drug problem until a war on it was started.

There has always been drug issues. I feel they have worsened Over the past 20 years and not due to war on drugs but technology. The drug world has seen the rise of new psychoactive substances, mind-altering drugs that have been synthesized in a lab and sold as legal alternatives to illegal drugs like marijuana and cocaine. Some created from scratch for an entire new high. One becomes illegal a new legal form is created. Unfortunately these drugs are a golden path to partake in the heavier. Heavy prescription writing in 90's did not help.. people abused then law enforcement cracked down on prescription pain pills. They shut down many of the pill mills that were operating unethically as well as the doctors who were over-prescribing the medication. Heroin is pure, cheap and with weed being legalized in some states it's supply and demand... Mexico replacing pot with heroin and opiates once prescribed by doctors now get it from heroin.
The drug war is not a war. The DEA knows this. They only hope the connections of busting will shut down the money flowing into other areas ... such as child poronography, HT and many other things that question the integrity of some of the human race. The money is invested in things that would keep you up at night.

Unfortunately you cant believe what you hear on Fox or CNN, it is propaganda. This isn't the forum to outline the history of the war, along with private for profit prisons and the number one cause of death in America being legal prescribed pharmaceuticals which we see advertised on TV every hour. It's a for profit business. If LE doesn't make enough busts they don't get funding for next year's new training or toys. It's a huge for profit industry and the poor and underprivileged suffer from it. It also caused the prices of drugs to skyrocket enabling a market for mass profits that was never there before. In fact since pot was legalized prices have plummeted and it's regulated more than pharmaceuticals or alcohol. Also DUI deaths and violent crimes and robberies have decreased in the states that legalized pot. But there are still people in some states doing life for a dozen plants while our taxes are paying up to 48k a year to incarcerate. And I'm not even going to get into Barry Seal, Ricky Ross, or the Mena Arkansas documentaries which are frightening. The fact we think it's OK for LE armed with deadly weapons and canines to raid a childs school and search and seize phones from minors over a small amount of weed in a stoners backpack is scary. And to use a poor child and scare them into, as posted earlier, dying over a little weed by snitching for profit gains is unacceptable.

Were the arrest records of MG posted on here earlier directly from the LAPD website or LexisNexis?

I believe that information correlated with what I found on the LAPD site and with her ex's.

I believe that information correlated with what I found on the LAPD site and with her ex's.
Ok, so those were booking charges but everything was dropped and no criminal record on file?

Previous post with links to records found.
https://www.localcrimenews.com/welcome/detail/15808233/no
Maricela Garcia

Arrested on: 2016-01-13

Previous Arrest History

Maricela Garcia

Previous Arrest History
Arrested For: By:
Transport/Sell Narcotic Controlled Substance Los Angeles
Possession of Narcotic Controlled Substance Los Angeles

https://www.localcrimenews.com/welcome/detail/15808233/no
Maricela Garcia

Previous Arrest History

Maricela Garcia

Previous Arrest History
Arrested For: By:
Transport/Sell Narcotic Controlled Substance Los Angeles
Possession of Narcotic Controlled Substance Los Angeles

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Ok, so those were booking charges but everything was dropped and no criminal record on file?

I did a record search for MG on Los Angeles Superior Court of California
http://www.lacourt.org/criminalcasesummary/ui/Selection.aspx
It shows a drug charge on June 21, 2012 the charge is 11352(A). According to California Legislative Information Code Section
http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/codes_displaySection.xhtml?sectionNum=11352&lawCode=HSC
The definition for a 11352(A) says:
ARTICLE 1. Offenses Involving Controlled Substances Formerly Classified as Narcotics [11350 - 11356.5]

**( Heading of Article 1 amended by Stats. 1973, Ch. 1078. )
11352.**

Which in layman's terms is selling or transporting certain controlled substances, including:
Cocaine;Heroin;Peyote;LSD, and Commonly prescribed opiates.

On 5/4/16 the charge was dismissed.

Two other co-defendents are named on this drug case. Apparently they both were had court and were guilty/convicted.

I would upload the document but I don't know if it's a violation to do so.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member