Found Deceased CA - Maricela Garcia, 26, Reseda, 12 Jan 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I can't stand not knowing what's going on with this storage thing. I'm seriously ready to take a few days off and find a way to wherever that is and do whatever needs to be done to find out what the noises are. If it's legit, the owner won't mind opening it. Right?

Im curious as to what family member....given the inconsistencies from the get go, I have often wondered if there was someone close the Maricela that was trying to divert attention from people finding her.

Im curious as to what family member....given the inconsistencies from the get go, I have often wondered if there was someone close the Maricela that was trying to divert attention from people finding her.
Yep
That certainly is possible given the circumstances with this one.

I can't stand not knowing what's going on with this storage thing. I'm seriously ready to take a few days off and find a way to wherever that is and do whatever needs to be done to find out what the noises are. If it's legit, the owner won't mind opening it. Right?

I agree and think the tip should be taken seriously even though it may be far-fetched. Even if it's not Maricela inside.

If it's legit, the owner won't have much of a choice. Each renter usually supplies their own lock, therefore the office doesn't have keys. But it's a law that cats, dogs, humans can not be stored in those units. So any patrol officer will be able to command the property manager to cut the lock if they hear a sign of life. All of these places have bolt cutters in the office (they need to get in once the renters stop paying the monthly bill)

If this guy was that adamant that he hears someone and also claims to see someone, maybe he should begin to record what he's seeing and hearing just in case he is correct.

The good news is that even though this may not be fruitful, at least people are actively looking for her.

Question for those who feel MG is alive-

Do you think that once she's recovered alive that it will be one of those cases that we'll never get the real story? Example- we'll read an article saying she's found safe but yet never get the explanation of where she's been or what happened?

If she is recovered alive, I doubt the family will give us any information. They'll probably just continue to be silent.

I know we have no way of really knowing what the future will bring, I'm just asking opinions and making conversation to keep this case going. Otherwise it'll fall a few pages back and be forgotten. With no news and no real way of knowing what is truth and what is fiction, sadly this case may be forgotten by many.

Do you think that once she's recovered alive that it will be one of those cases that we'll never get the real story? Example- we'll read an article saying she's found safe but yet never get the explanation of where she's been or what happened?

If she is recovered alive, I doubt the family will give us any information. They'll probably just continue to be silent.

I know we have no way of really knowing what the future will bring, I'm just asking opinions and making conversation to keep this case going. Otherwise it'll fall a few pages back and be forgotten. With no news and no real way of knowing what is truth and what is fiction, sadly this case may be forgotten by many.

I totally agree. No way to sort out fact from fiction and all the inconsistencies. I hope shes safe where ever she is.

If this sort of thing is going on in a storage facility, I find it highly improbable that the owners of the facilities have no knowledge. In fact, I would find it more likely that they are either actively in on it, or receiving a monetary kickback to turn a blind eye. If LE was there, they heard noises but did not follow up "just in case", that raises deeper questions. Whether it be a human, a cat, or a rat, a full on raid of the place is in order, complete with bloodhounds and cadaver dogs. What will it take to get every single unit inspected? If anyone at any time was living in any unit, even if they clear it out and stage legit stuff in there (or rearrange it so it appears unused), real investigative efforts would reveal that. What is the freakin' delay and what can people who reside no where near there do something to spark interest and action? Nancy Grace?

Gigtu- I agree and think dogs should be brought there next time search teams are out and about with dogs if this person continues to hear noises there. What would it hurt to investigate it a little further at this point ( especially if crews are already going to be out in that area searching anyway. Of course I have no idea if they are searching that immediate area or not, I'm just saying that it couldn't hurt if they where already out and about anyway)

This might be a stupid thing to say but wouldn't any old pet dog show an interest if there was something worth smelling and alive in a storage unit? Just saying this in case you can't get hold of the special dogs... maybe just take A dog and see what happens. Pretty sure my dog would get his sniff on if there was a woman in a box. He doesn't live in CA otherwise I'd offer his services.

It is private property, I'm assuming. Can't just walk your dog in there, or probably be in there if you don't have cause.

Viewing the area with google maps, and reviewing the facts, it seems to me that she was captured after she left the store to retrieve her cigarettes. However, the amount of store fronts facing east would of been a deterrent to a snatch and grab tactic. What if the suspect(s) had parked their vehicle near the west side wall of the Goodwill in the CVS back parking lot. Has CVS been interviewed about her disappearance? That whole backside area of CVS is large and allows for easy escape onto Cantlay St and Sherman Way. Had she wandered over to CVS to purchase a lighter? I could be completely off the mark, but that back area is way to ill lighted and vast to ignore.

Ya never know. Honestly, I think it will depend on the circumstances she is found and the suspected perp.

I think knowing what we know up to this point and seeing the behavior of the family I would not at all be surprised that if and when MG is found alive...we never know what happened. Now, I have never been close to a person who has gone missing so I don't know how overwhelming it is to deal with such a thing. I also don't know what kind of people they are working with who may be telling them to lay low. What I do know, is if my child or family member went missing I would handle things differently. I am not saying the way that they have handled things is incorrect. I just think that I would have more of a presence in the investigation and I would want to continue to keep the situation as relevant as possible. But again...I have no idea what is actually occurring behind the scenes. From an outsiders perspective it seems that Mistivon is more active in this investigation as well as some of us sleuthers then her own family.

phew...kinda went off topic there. But! I truly believe MG is alive. And I hope that when she is found we know what happened. I do not think that will happen though unless Mistivon can clue us in.

Reminds me of Sarah Dunsey....all this media about a missing trafficked girl. She's found and now....crickets.

I think there is a slim to no chance we will ever get a factual explanation as to what happened and who was involved. I believe this to be true if MG is found alive or not.

If this sort of thing is going on in a storage facility, I find it highly improbable that the owners of the facilities have no knowledge. In fact, I would find it more likely that they are either actively in on it, or receiving a monetary kickback to turn a blind eye. If LE was there, they heard noises but did not follow up "just in case", that raises deeper questions. Whether it be a human, a cat, or a rat, a full on raid of the place is in order, complete with bloodhounds and cadaver dogs. What will it take to get every single unit inspected? If anyone at any time was living in any unit, even if they clear it out and stage legit stuff in there (or rearrange it so it appears unused), real investigative efforts would reveal that. What is the freakin' delay and what can people who reside no where near there do something to spark interest and action? Nancy Grace?

I agree with this and particularly the part about the owners having atleast some knowledge of what was going on. If LE heard something why wasn't it followed up on? I cant imagine that a LE would not actively investigate a situation where there is a tip that someone is being held against their will but because they did not specifically respond to the LE when called out, that they would just drop the case. Also, if the tipster got the information from someone on the street - who told him? How did they know?

I agree with this and particularly the part about the owners having atleast some knowledge of what was going on. If LE heard something why wasn't it followed up on? I cant imagine that a LE would not actively investigate a situation where there is a tip that someone is being held against their will but because they did not specifically respond to the LE when called out, that they would just drop the case. Also, if the tipster got the information from someone on the street - who told him? How did they know?

Waiting..... Waiting....... Waiting....
I'm anxious to see if these remains are Maricela or Elaine park

I can't even WS today. The stress...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members