GUILTY CA - Mark & Jacob Iskander, 11 and 9, Killed by Drunk Socialite Rebecca Grossman in Veh vs Ped Hit & Run - Los Angeles, 2020 *GUILTY on all counts*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There’s lots of community support for the victims - hopefully they will be able to make some impact statements that will swag the judge. She deserves the maximum IMO.
Also, RG never took any responsibility, never apologized for at least the reckless speeding, never displayed any sorrow for the two boys, nor the Iskander parents, and tried to blame it all on her lover and friend.
I don't think the judge will take kindly to any of that.

Also, RG never took any responsibility, never apologized for at least the reckless speeding, never displayed any sorrow for the two boys, nor the Iskander parents, and tried to blame it all on her lover and friend.
I don't think the judge will take kindly to any of that.

She never even admitted there was an accident.

She was claiming her car just automatically deployed the airbags and shut off for no apparent reason.

In one of the news clips, the media is hounding Dr Grossman and his kids as they are trying to leave. That’s heartbreaking as well (imo her kids are collateral victims of this).

I would have liked Dr G to stop, express condolences for Mark and Jacob’s families, wish them peace, and then say please provide us privacy for our children. Done. How hard was that…

My understanding is there was a gag order.
Well that is even more reprehensible IMO. I doubt she will face too many consequences though.
Gag orders are rare, so violations of gag orders are even more rare. Ultimately, it is up to the court to decide what will happen if one is violated.
Violators can face warnings, fines and even jail time. This typically will depend on the level of egregiousness, frequency of occurrence and presence of malicious intent.

At any point in time, RG could have pled guilty, accepted her responsibility, and avoided putting the Iskander family in a lengthy legal process.

I wonder what the plea would have involved? It also makes wonder about the ethics of the lawyers involved. RG's lawyers supposedly do the work as directed by the client. Do they minimize the prosecution, in order to make the client feel "better" about their case?

This has been a costly defense. Years of legal fees.

A jury of nine men and three women. Did RG's attorneys think men were more likely to be lenient?

Thank God! Justice worked this time! I was skeptical and thought she would get a slap on the wrist. Horrible person. How can killing 2 kids not destroy you? She never even felt remorse, IMO. I couldn’t live with myself. Mrs. G, have fun with the “ladies” in prison;)

I don't have any respect for the Grossman family or especially for their lawyers.

Grossman should be reprimanded for violating the court process by talking to a reporter as the trial was still on, even though the jury was not in the room. She and her attorneys had clearly planned this to try to interfere with the judge's decision on admission of videos, which in essence is tampering with the jury.

Clearly they will appeal, and I expect more careful posing, modest-librarian acting, more faux science, and generally more abuse because of their wealth.

One should not be crowning her a great humanitarian. The big Foundation they set up is undoubtedly a huge tax advantage and PR machine for his practice. Cynical, yes, but you can see the sense of entitlement and the true lack of humanitarian efforts in her behaviours. I'm sorry for her children. Her daughter seems heavily coached, even to the scream at the verdict. She needs to learn respect for the court, the jurors, and the Iskander family.

I wonder if a civil trial can proceed now, even while an appeal is likely pending. Hopefully the civil trial can finish before her appeal ever gets on the court docket, years from now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DebsDaughter
Back