GUILTY CA - Marysa Nichols, 14, found murdered, Red Bluff, 26 Feb 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The thing that blows in a case like this is everyone wants justice, the swifter the better. The community can breath a sigh of relief when the killer is found and caught and go back to their normal routines and not be worried. This guy Bealer will likely be in and out of jail the rest of his life ( sorry to assume but yaknow) but that does not mean pinning a murder on him is doing anyone a service !!!!!!!! Because if he is NOT the perp, then the perp is free and the community is still in danger and a child murderer is still at large. The only thing that can make Marysa's story even worse is if an innocent man goes down for it and HER killer is not caught!

Godspeed LE and DA ! Do the right thing !

I would sorely like to know if the unknown male DNA from Marysa's body was tested against the two good samaritan/friends of Mr. Bealer.

If it does match the owner of the clothing items Bealer had borrowed form said friends, the argument could be made either way.

The defense could argue that it introduces reasonable doubt as to his guilt

The pros could argue that the DNA was on the clothing Bealer was wearing because it was borrowed clothing and attempt to use that as further evidence that places Bealer with Marysa, in close proximity to her remains.

This could be a very interesting trial to watch play out. I am still concerned about the coincidences involved in this case.

http://www.redbluffdailynews.com/news/ci_26179391/marysa-nichols-father-suing-red-bluff-joint-union

The biological father of Marysa Nichols has filed a wrongful death lawsuit against the Red Bluff Joint Union High School District. The complaint was filed in Tehama County Superior Court March 18.

A case management conference is scheduled for Aug. 25 — two days before Quentin Bealer, charged with murdering the 14-year-old Nichols, will have a motion for change of venue hearing held...

"Red Bluff Joint Union High School District and its employees failed to implement reasonable safety and security measures to prevent adults from entering the school's premises without school authorization, by failing to supervise and intervene when decedent Marysa Nichols was engaged with an adult male later identified to be Quentin Ray Bealer while in Brickyard Creek, and by failing to implement reasonable safety and security measures to protect students from foreseeable dangers when entering Brickyard Creek," the complaint says.

um, correct me if I am wrong but didn't this happen when she left the school grounds and was walking her usual route home? It's been a while since this happened and maybe I misremember but I thought she had left the school grounds and was walking home via the shortcut frequented by she and her friends (the route that takes you by the creek which runs near but not on school grounds).

"(Nichols) acted in willful and reckless disregard for her own safety and the safety of others, and such action proximately causes and contributed to the injuries and damages complain of," the complaint says.
The complaint also says Ricky Nichols has failed, neglected and refused to exercise a reasonable effort to mitigate damages.

http://www.redbluffdailynews.com/news/ci_26179391/marysa-nichols-father-suing-red-bluff-joint-union

Much as I am horrified at what happened to Marysa, I tend to agree with the school's answer. While Ricky Nichols did not have physical custody of his daughter and lived in another town, the school's argument is valid IMO. This is a middle school, not a daycare or a preschool. The student body is teens. I think to make schools now responsible for the safety students who walk to and from school is not reasonable. The parents' job is to see to their teens safety when not on school grounds. If the area (route) where Marysa and her peers regularly walked to and from the school was one that was known to be dangerous to citizens in town, why did those same citizen parents not tell their teens not to use it? And if those parents/citizens did tell their teens not to be there and the teens continued to do so anyway, why exactly is that the school's fault? Why not sue the town because it failed to address the criminal activity that area was allegedly known for? Why not sue the police for failing to keep the criminals off the street? Where does it end?

Sorry JMO

wish we would get some sort of update on this case.

http://www.krcrtv.com/man-accused-of-killing-14yearold-girl-causes-scene-in-courtroom/29786724

Quentin Bealer, the man accused of killing a 14-year-old girl in Red Bluff last year, was in a Tehama County courtroom today for a change of venue hearing...

As Northam and the judge were discussing where the trial should take place, Bealer expressed his frustration by standing up and yelling at the District Attorney and the judge.

Bealer said he has already served enough time, and told the court that they have the wrong guy in this case.

Quentin Bealer’s attorney Shon Northam tells Action News Now he needs more time to analyze new evidence and the trial has been moved to February 8, 2016 in Sacramento. It is the fourth time the trial date has been pushed back.
[...]
The delay means the trial will not begin until nearly three years after the body of 14-year-old Red Bluff High School student Marysa Nichols was found in a field next to the school.

http://www.actionnewsnow.com/news/trial-delayed-for-man-charged-in-red-bluff-teen-s-death/

People vs. Quentin Ray Bealer, Murder
Brief history: The Defendant was arrested and charged with the murder of a 14 year old victim who had been reported missing when she never returned home from school. Officers located the victim’s body two days later.
Status Conference: December 14, at 1:30 pm in Department 27 (Sacramento)
Trial Readiness Conference: January 8, 2016 at 9 am in Department 27 (Sacramento)
First Day of Trial: Rulings on Motions-in-Limine/Jury Selection, February 8, 2016 at 9 am in Department 27 (Sacramento)
First Day of Evidence: February 22, 2016 at 9:00 am in Department 27 (Sacramento)

http://www.redbluffdailynews.com/article/ND/20151211/NEWS/151219950

''Northam said he filed motions to dismiss the case and remove the Tehama County District Attorney's Office based on the prosecution withholding hundreds of pages of potentially exculpatory information. The District Attorney's Office released those documents to him just two weeks ago, on Jan. 25.
''
This concerns me quite a bit. Why withhold the info from the defense? Why ? I sure hope they have the right guy here. This case is one that bugs me. No greater injustice to poor Marysa than to " NOT" get the right perp. I am not saying this guy is innocent but there are a lot of questions.

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/opening-arguments-start-in-quentin-bealer-murder-trial/39248294

Opening arguments started in the Quentin Bealer murder trial Wednesday afternoon in a Sacramento County courtroom...

Daily told jurors they would hear information from autopsy reports that explained how Nichols died of strangulation from a yellow tank top she was wearing the last time she was seen alive...

Bealer's defense attorney, Shon Northam, then made his opening argument, telling the jury that there is more to the story... He concluded by telling jurors that this is the Tehama County version of the Netflix docuseries "Making A Murder." When Northam sat down, he put his arm around his client and passed him a box of tissues.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur
Back