CA - Massive fire at Oakland warehouse party, 36 dead, 2 Dec 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MSNBC coverage just used the word "criminal", which is exactly what I'd been thinking.

Maybe its just the way the world has been lately but lets say some thoughts crossed my mind when his family was staying at a hotel??

Just speculation of course - but who goes to a hotel where they live??

Not saying they live in the place on fire -- but why would you get a hotel room in your home city??

just a thought.

One would think with some of the survivors by now they would have some idea of how many people were there no??

I wonder if there was any social media promoting this 'dance party' and this band's 'tour.' If so, they can also be in legal trouble, if there were no permits. Hard to believe a band would set up in such a precarious place as a 2nd floor made up of a staircase of pallets placed haphazardly as has been described.

There is a page on FB for Golden Donna and also the Golden Donna 100% Silk 2016 West Coast Tour. I've been watching the comments all day. A few trolls of course but mostly well wishers and people talking about unaccounted for friends and family. So sad.

The fire was one of the deadliest single-structure fires in the history of Oakland,[SUP][4][/SUP] the worst fire in the city since the 1991 Oakland firestorm,[SUP][5][/SUP] and the deadliest tragedy in Oakland since the 1989 Loma Prieta earthquake.[SUP][6]

It took four to five hours for 52 firefighters to extinguish the blaze. The effort involved 11 fire engines and three fire trucks.

Drone aircraft were deployed to search for survivors using thermal imaging, but none were found.[SUP][9]

[/SUP]The stairway was instantly incinerated in the blaze, trapping victims inside.[SUP][10]

[/SUP]Few serious but non-lethal injuries were reported;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Oakland_warehouse_fire[/SUP]

Maybe its just the way the world has been lately but lets say some thoughts crossed my mind when his family was staying at a hotel??

Just speculation of course - but who goes to a hotel where they live??

Not saying they live in the place on fire -- but why would you get a hotel room in your home city??

just a thought.

Because they had young children. Thank Goodness they were responsible enough parents not to want their young kids to attend a rave in their house. That is a disaster waiting to happen imo. Even without a potential for fire.

Here is the owner. I shall say nothing more

[video=youtube;73_YszF0V7U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73_YszF0V7U[/video]

more -- WTH - I smoke ciggs (very many!)- but in here he is talking about cleaning himself while smoking !!!!!!!

I am referring to ciggs!!

[video=youtube;35RHugrfL94]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35RHugrfL94[/video]

The man who I believe rented this space and turned it into an art collective said this...

"Confirmed. Everything I worked so hard for is gone. Blessed that my children and Micah were at a hotel safe and sound... it's as if I have awoken from a dream filled with opulence and hope.... to be standing now in poverty of self worth."

Absolutely sickening. No regard for the people that lost their lives. All he is concerned with is $$$. I hope they are able to press criminal charges in some way.

http://www.eastbaytimes.com/2016/12...ader-of-artist-collective-sparks-controversy/

Here is the owner. I shall say nothing more

[video=youtube;73_YszF0V7U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73_YszF0V7U[/video]

.Granted I'd not put up a video of myself in that condition, but his post, just 18 hours ago, on his FB is, well, more indicative of his nature (to me anyway).

Because they had young children. Thank Goodness they were responsible enough parents not to want their young kids to attend a rave in their house. That is a disaster waiting to happen imo. Even without a potential for fire.

Sometimes parents are forced by others to be responsible. I will say no more. :mad:

more -- WTH - I smoke- but in here he is talking about cleaning himself while smoking !!!!!!!!!!

He is very much like a million Northern Cali stoner artist hipsters that I grew up with. :nuts:

Oh Gitana it is on my news 3000 miles away.'
How are you? We are here for you and all
It must be everyones worse thoughts.
:grouphug:

The man who I believe rented this space and turned it into an art collective said this...

"Confirmed. Everything I worked so hard for is gone. Blessed that my children and Micah were at a hotel safe and sound... it's as if I have awoken from a dream filled with opulence and hope.... to be standing now in poverty of self worth."

Absolutely sickening. No regard for the people that lost their lives. All he is concerned with is $$$. I hope they are able to press criminal charges in some way.

This was off his Facebook page. I would link it but I'm not sure that's allowed here.

FB not allowed...yet...but I expect there will be an arrest at some point...and then we can. I can't wait. This is a terrible tragedy and he is the main person responsible...more than the owner of the building or the city IMO.

more -- WTH - I smoke- but in here he is talking about cleaning himself while smoking !!!!!!!!!!

Oooookayyyy, I too have been known to partake, however, these folks are on something far more than just ganja... A gummy bear temple?

He is very much like a million Northern Cali stoner artist hipsters that I grew up with. :nuts:

I've lived a pretty colorful life and this screams "burnout" (not from smoking only pot either).

FB not allowed...yet...but I expect there will be an arrest at some point...and then we can. I can't wait. This is a terrible tragedy and he is the main person responsible...more than the owner of the building or the city IMO.

Yeah, but the owner is responsible for keeping the building up to code, and who they rent to. I think the owner's daughter is in coverup mode.

Oh Gitana it is on my news 3000 miles away.'
How are you? We are here for you and all
It must be everyones worse thoughts.
:grouphug:

At last report she was flying up here to help her brother. I'm sure she'll check in when she can in the next day or two...

http://www.eastbaytimes.com/2016/12...ader-of-artist-collective-sparks-controversy/

I also found this appalling. If someone can (don't do FB) can you see what time this was posted--it was reasonably early in the story that it was known this was not going to have a good outcome- makes it more nauseating if it was already all over the airwaves of fatalities and this dude is complaining about losing some junk.

rIts strange, but I am starting to think they know more than they are revealing in terms of numbers, but I do not know why that feeling came over me.

I really hope this is not arson........................................

I also found this appalling. If someone can (dont do FB) can you see what time this was posted--it was reasonably early in the story that it was known this was not going to have a good outcome- makes it more nauseating if it was already all over the airwaves of fatalities and this dude is complaining about losing some junk.
FB lists it as 18 hours ago. So if it was 18 hours from now, that'd be 2:30a.m. last night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member