CA CA - Matthew Weaver, 21, Santa Monica Mountains, 10 Aug 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How far are these remains from where he was last seen?

“Do you know if there is a trail that leads to the location of this body found today? Google says it’s about an 8 hour 40 min hike

https://www.google.com/amp/s/ktla.c...f-malibu-that-burned-during-woolsey-fire/amp/“ (BBM)
CA - CA - Matthew Weaver, 21, Santa Monica Mountains, 10 Aug 2018

“This seems pretty far. IIRC it has been said that he wasn't a hiker. I don't know him though, and don't know anything about hiking. Yes there are trails, but it's a 22-25 mile hike according to Google.“ (BBM)

He would have been left there, IMO.

“Do you know if there is a trail that leads to the location of this body found today? Google says it’s about an 8 hour 40 min hike

https://www.google.com/amp/s/ktla.c...f-malibu-that-burned-during-woolsey-fire/amp/“ (BBM)

“This seems pretty far. IIRC it has been said that he wasn't a hiker. I don't know him though, and don't know anything about hiking. Yes there are trails, but it's a 22-25 mile hike according to Google.“ (BBM)

He would have been left there, IMO.
Oh, I didn’t realize that was the same body as the one in Mistivon’s post. Sure seems unlikely if it’s an 8 hour walk.

Maybe 30 minutes or so...15 miles roughly but of course lots of rough terrain ( I THINK . My map skills suck)
Holy crap could this be Elaine??
Would you say it’s about a half-hour drive? That’s what Google Maps shows, but since I am not a local, I’d better double-check!

9349D3D7-36BB-43FC-B9A4-6A05B1685A09.jpeg

Google Maps

ETA: I’m sorry! I just saw the “Maybe 30 minutes or so ...” in your post!!

I'm so sorry, I quit following Matthew's case awhile back...can anyone tell me how long after he went missing were these drone photos taken? Like should I be looking for a body or more skelotonized remains omg so sorry but I don't know how else to ask.

It is fine how you asked I would rather you ask then not to at all. The drone photos were taken 11/4/18. Matthew has been missing 5 months I’m not sure how fast a body can decompose I would say both of them.

Wildcats821.... I have been up there 3 times this week.... the terrain off the road is trecherous to say the least. I have a couple questions I hope you can answer. As far as the location where is car was found. I know the road it was on, was it found in the spot where theres a large boulder on the left and a drop off on the right? That seems about as far as anyone could navigate a car however there is a spot just south of that where part of the road washed away and could be tough to navigate. Also I believe it was stated that dogs picked up his scent and traced it for about 100 yards. Was that headed south back to the main road or was that headed north around the front of the lookout? As far as the cries for help that were heard, was that south of the car as well where the road splits into two? was it on the east or west side of the road? Can you please describe where those yells were heard from and what the family makes of those? I can easily see how someone could get lost and trapped down the side of the hill, it is very hard to climb your way out of there. Thank you and I hope Matt is found soon

Depending on the day, it can get very hot up there in August. Maybe given his late night activities he became dehydrated and/or disoriented and couldn't find his way back to a road...But still. that would be a long distance to cover over challenging terrain. wouldn't he have had to walk almost directly to that point to make it in 8.5 hours? Lost people tend to double back, sit down and reassess, listen for cues (like cars zooming) in an attempt to re-orient.

Does anyone know if they ID'd the other post-fire Latigo canyon body found in November? I would assume that if body was Elaine's they would have announced it by now.

so that means yet another person (possibly 2 pending results) went missing very close to these areas...troubling:(

Very sorry Matthew's family has to endure this.

Have their been any updates on the remains that were found? What about the volunteer org claiming to have photo analysis software for the drone footage that posted to FB? Was the couple in the photograph taken at the Rosas Overlook on August 10 identified? To me, they look like regulars to the area or at least fairly familiar with it since they dont have that much with them and are not focused on taking pictures. Its taken at lunch time in the middle of a workday. Perhaps they were employees at one of the area's rehab centers or summer camps or fitness retreats taking a break? Or college students who were back in town for the summer and left shortly after?

I keep thinking how does a young person connected to others via mobile phone, in person and on social media just hours before vanish like that in broad daylight? That is hard to do even if you want to - there are whole podcasts dedicated to the subject!
I know he sent a text but didn't he try to voice call the young woman as well? I don't remember the last time my kids actually phoned someone unless they were very lost driving and couldn't pull over to text safely. This is every parents worst nightmare. Wish there was more regular folks could do to help Matthew's family.

I keep thinking how does a young person connected to others via mobile phone, in person and on social media just hours before vanish like that in broad daylight? That is hard to do even if you want to - there are whole podcasts dedicated to the subject!
I know he sent a text but didn't he try to voice call the young woman as well? I don't remember the last time my kids actually phoned someone unless they were very lost driving and couldn't pull over to text safely. This is every parents worst nightmare. Wish there was more regular folks could do to help Matthew's family.
Yes, phone calls from my child mean something very good or very bad happening. Otherwise a text. I’m hoping for news too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper