CA CA - Matthew Weaver, 21, Santa Monica Mountains, 10 Aug 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just up at the Local:

Still Missing in the Mountains: Troubling new details come to light in the disappearance of Matthew Weaver, Jr

Reading this now and hoping for some accuracy. Kudos to the Local for sticking with the story but holy cow, from non-sentences to self-contradictions, the Local's reporting has been all over the shop.

Uh, this is a mess:

Dark Canyon lives up to its name.

white supremacy

Midnight approached, and a new day started with a 911 call and chilling witness accounts of a confrontation at approximately 1:30 a.m., heard deep in the canyon, involving a man and a women screaming about a gun in what appeared to be an altercation.

Matthew Weaver Jr. has been missing over a month now. His car, a late model BMW was found near Stunt and Schueren Rd., up the fire road, where it apparently stopped, where the road met the trail and the vehicle was apparently unable to move any further.

<ModSnip 10% Rule>

The fire dept. helicopter has two capabilities – night sun – NVG
Infrared

Anyone care to make sense of this? I posted it as it is on the site, complete with spaces and dangling phrases.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just up at the Local:

Still Missing in the Mountains: Troubling new details come to light in the disappearance of Matthew Weaver, Jr

Reading this now and hoping for some accuracy. Kudos to the Local for sticking with the story but holy cow, from non-sentences to self-contradictions, the Local's reporting has been all over the shop.

Uh, this is a mess:

white supremacy

Midnight approached, and a new day started with a 911 call and chilling witness accounts of a confrontation at approximately 1:30 a.m., heard deep in the canyon, involving a man and a women screaming about a gun in what appeared to be an altercation.

Matthew Weaver Jr. has been missing over a month now. His car, a late model BMW was found near Stunt and Schueren Rd., up the fire road, where it apparently stopped, where the road met the trail and the vehicle was apparently unable to move any further.

Multiple troubling details Matthew Weaver Jr.’s disappearance, including the state in which his car was found. Trunk was open, with the lock apparently damaged from the inside the questions we are all asking is Could Matthew have been locked in the trunk of his own car

Bondage photography – expression of violence, google it because I’m not willing to put photos here.

Celebration of satanic worship

There is no other way to say this so pardon my French when I tell you that there is some dark **** going on in Dark Canyon.

Every hike you take up there increases your chance of running into unsavory characters and a potentially life threatening situation.

Infrared

Anyone care to make sense of this? I posted it as it is on the site, complete with spaces and dangling phrases.

The link doesn’t work for me :(

Just up at the Local:

Uh, this is a mess:

white supremacy

Multiple troubling details Matthew Weaver Jr.’s disappearance, including the state in which his car was found. Trunk was open, with the lock apparently damaged from the inside the questions we are all asking is Could Matthew have been locked in the trunk of his own car

Bondage photography – expression of violence, google it because I’m not willing to put photos here.

There is no other way to say this so pardon my French when I tell you that there is some dark **** going on in Dark Canyon.

Every hike you take up there increases your chance of running into unsavory characters and a potentially life threatening situation.

Infrared

So this is now a completely different story then what we heard and also throws off the original timeline of calls to 911 being shortly after midnight

I wonder if this was true and meant to be published. Wow! And someone in the truck possibly. Now I’m just really confused and extremely concerned for him. :(

Just up at the Local:

Uh, this is a mess:

white supremacy

Infrared

So this is now a completely different story then what we heard and also throws off the original timeline of calls to 911 being shortly after midnight

I wonder if this was true and meant to be published. Wow! And someone in the trunk possibly. Now I’m just really confused and

This is the part about the trunk of MW's car, which I think is relevant to the case:

If the trunk was found open, that would be significant.

There is unfortunately just too much confused and inaccurate reporting going on here. The Local has blasted another area outlet, The Acorn, for inaccurate reporting but at least that reporter publishes LE quotes with names attached. I don't know how it helps the family to have a swirl of everything from satanists to gunfights floating around the web.

Last edited:
The new Local post doesn't say if the man filed a proper police report. If 911 doesn't return your call, you really should call them back. Or call the non-emergency number when you're safe and file a report.

I hope there's some actual evidence of the call. I can't say I'd trust the Local at this point.

I could not agree more. It wasnt a clear fact on the time he went up there, they knew he was up there at some point that morning because the Snapchat locations but did not know that he was up there the whole day until recently when the video was shown with his car driving up the Topanga Overlook Trail.

Do you know if the front bumper was attached to his car in the video?

Thanks for all the info; you've been a great resource here!

Just up at the Local:

Uh, this is a mess:

white supremacy

<ModSnip 10% Rule>

Infrared

Maybe im crazy but when i clicked on the link you provided above this is what i get...

Attachments

• IMG_8867.PNG
    IMG_8867.PNG
    165.4 KB · Views: 27
There was an update to the about 30 minutes ago. We're not allowed to link but it confirms what MalibuBarbie79 has shared. Video footage shows Matthew's car going onto the trail off Saddle Peak Rd. & Stunt Rd. towards Rosas Overlook on Friday, August 10th at 7:15 am.

Wow, thats super annoying! This is really crazy!!! I really want to read that article!!! Grrrrr!!!! Its gone!!!!

I had asked that a few weeks ago and never got a response but I think you right. That probably means they searched the car.

Thats a pretty drastic way to mark an abandoned vehicle. When i saw the pictures I immediately thought that his car had been vandalized and that the "X" was some sinister message left behind to indicate that something bad had happened to Matthew. Im naive, learn something new everyday. Just never would expect that LE would deface someone's property in such a fashion.

Really am confused by the missing persons case. I hope these searches will continue. I also hope LE and the family dont become

I know! I literally live 5 minutes from there and I had no idea the abundancy of brush!! I hope the searches continue considering how difficult the area looks to comb thru. Thats a massive hurdle for any search effort.

Roxxi is it generally a safe area? I see all the reporting of the recent gun shots but half of them are unconfirmed. Are residents there on edge?

*modsnip* / link not acc TOS / others fb removed

Thank you very much for posting the photos so everyone not local can see the terrain. It’s thick, it’s high, it’s impassible in spots. I wonder if LE was working with a metal detector? While a drone may be useful, (doing something is always better than doing nothing), as you can see the flora is different heights, different diameter, different density. All of which would make it difficult, if not impossible to utilize this equipment to search for MW.

Now you see why this canyon has been a dumping ground for bodies, weapons, evidence, etc. for decades.

Edit: On The Local Malibu’s FB page showing these photos, in the comment section, the family states they have used drones on the searches.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats a pretty drastic way to mark an abandoned vehicle. When i saw the pictures I immediately thought that his car had been vandalized and that the "X" was some sinister message left behind to indicate that something bad had happened to Matthew. Im naive, learn something new everyday. Just never would expect that LE would deface someone's property in such a fashion.
It wears off with time or can be washed off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper