CA CA - Matthew Weaver, 21, Santa Monica Mountains, 10 Aug 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I learned about Matthew Weaver on Lordan arts channel Searchlight. I just watched the episode that was aired few months ago. I’m curious how other WSleuthers have learned about him.
I had learned about Matthews case from following Elaine parks case. A girl the same age who went missing in the same vicinity as him.

Same here StarEyes

It’s captivated me from the first time I read about it. The thing that I’m most fixated on is his screams in the night. IF indeed that was him screaming. Was he injured from a fall...injured from a nefarious person...out of his mind for unknown reasons...just plain scared? I hope he’s found soon. I think about it quite often. jmo

I learned about Matthew Weaver on Lordan arts channel Searchlight. I just watched the episode that was aired few months ago. I’m curious how other WSleuthers have learned about him.

I learned about him when reading about the string of random shootings in the Malibu area. My family and friends spend a lot of time up there camping, biking, etc. so we were all very on edge while that was happening. They have the alleged shooter in custody now, but I think they’ve decided that Matthew’s disappearance isn’t related.

Quick question for the Family:
I was up at the lookout yesterday for the first time and noticed a couple things. Lots of beer bottles in the bushes, and graffiti and spray cans everywhere! The smell of fresh paint was evident when we got to the top!
I mean this with all respect, but is it possible Matthew went up there to tag or do graffiti? A lot of males his age are into that stuff. Do you have any indication that he was into it? Any spray cans in his car? Any photos of tagging on his social medias? If so, do you know of any name or design that was his signature tag?
Also, as far his "red shoes". What brand were they?
Also, what brand of cigarette did he smoke?
Thank you and I hope he is found soon!

Been reading all about this lately. Have tried thinking through the logic if different theories. Talked to my bf about it and he had some interesting ideas. Just ideas, no truth, don't know this missing young man.

My boyfriend did a lot of crazy stuff at Matthew's age (8 years ago) and thinks maybe he went up to the mountains to "day trip" he calls it.
He says he sounds like he was tripping, drove his car over some rocks, and maybe wandered off.
The last texts were kind of confusing, like maybe his phone was dying and he was lost.
Looking at the timeline, sounds like a lot of time passed since he became lost, if that's what happened.

How far could a young fit guy wander in this kind of area? My boyfriend seems to think if it were him, he could make it at least a couple miles in, what, like 12 hours? How long between him getting out of his car, to the beginning of the search?

Also, don't know at all how that type of terrain is. The drone pics show a lot of brush but from above it's hard to tell the angle of the ground. A low flying video from a drone might reveal a jacket or shoe of his, showing what direction he went.
Just thinking, just a theory.

Also. There are a lot of paths, a creek....Lots and lots of vegetation. I really hope he can be found, it's already been too long.
Here are some photos I find interesting to look at. It's a screenshot of a screenshot, so sorry for the quality. I'm not from the area so I was trying to get a good visual. Google does a good job showing the terrain in 3D!

Attachments

• mw route and map.png
    mw route and map.png
    859.5 KB · Views: 60
Also. There are a lot of paths, a creek....Lots and lots of vegetation. I really hope he can be found, it's already been too long.
Here are some photos I find interesting to look at. It's a screenshot of a screenshot, so sorry for the quality. I'm not from the area so I was trying to get a good visual. Google does a good job showing the terrain in 3D!

Do you know if there is a trail that leads to the location of this body found today? Google says it’s about an 8 hour 40 min hike

https://www.google.com/amp/s/ktla.c...f-malibu-that-burned-during-woolsey-fire/amp/

I agree on notifying the Malibu local, I think they have the connections to get someone out there ASAP and investigate. Really hoping that the last few days of heavy rain and mudslides didn't change the location of the findings.
We have a an area on the website to place a tip and we go out to look at it. It is not necessary to call the police or to call the local Malibu.

Quick question for the Family:
I was up at the lookout yesterday for the first time and noticed a couple things. Lots of beer bottles in the bushes, and graffiti and spray cans everywhere! The smell of fresh paint was evident when we got to the top!
I mean this with all respect, but is it possible Matthew went up there to tag or do graffiti? A lot of males his age are into that stuff. Do you have any indication that he was into it? Any spray cans in his car? Any photos of tagging on his social medias? If so, do you know of any name or design that was his signature tag?
Also, as far his "red shoes". What brand were they?
Also, what brand of cigarette did he smoke?
Thank you and I hope he is found soon!
No Matthew did not tag or do graffiti and he was not into it. His red shoes were Nike and he smoked Marlboro reds. Thank you for going out there.

Been reading all about this lately. Have tried thinking through the logic if different theories. Talked to my bf about it and he had some interesting ideas. Just ideas, no truth, don't know this missing young man.

My boyfriend did a lot of crazy stuff at Matthew's age (8 years ago) and thinks maybe he went up to the mountains to "day trip" he calls it.
He says he sounds like he was tripping, drove his car over some rocks, and maybe wandered off.
The last texts were kind of confusing, like maybe his phone was dying and he was lost.
Looking at the timeline, sounds like a lot of time passed since he became lost, if that's what happened.

How far could a young fit guy wander in this kind of area? My boyfriend seems to think if it were him, he could make it at least a couple miles in, what, like 12 hours? How long between him getting out of his car, to the beginning of the search?

Also, don't know at all how that type of terrain is. The drone pics show a lot of brush but from above it's hard to tell the angle of the ground. A low flying video from a drone might reveal a jacket or shoe of his, showing what direction he went.

It depends if Matthew walked down the hill onto the backbone trail or walked out onto stunt and saddle peak. You can go 3 completely different ways on the roads. His last ping was around 11:45am on Friday and highway patrol got the call around midnight. Yes it has so much brush and it is very dense. It is a hard area to get through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paperoliver