CA CA - Matthew Weaver, 21, Santa Monica Mountains, 10 Aug 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So sorry for all that your family is and has been going through. I cannot even fathom how hard it all must be to have so many unknowns. Is the thought still that he is most likely somewhere in the canyon/around the trails or have other scenarios come up that he might have been taken elsewhere? Also how close did the Malibu fire come to these canyons?

Thank you so much. It is struggle everyday for us. Yes we do still have some thoughts he is in the canyon. The canyon is extremely dense and hard to even walk into. The area where matthew’s Car was found did not get burned at all. It did burn around Las Virgenes though.

Glad to see one new local news article about this, from ABC7

Redirect Notice

“Now, Matthew's family has released almost 800 aerial photographs taken by a drone high above the Santa Monica Mountain wilderness area.

They are high-resolution images tied to GPS locations and his family is hoping someone out there can spot something that will lead to Matthew's location.

They're offering a $50,000 reward to information leading to his whereabouts.”

Also included in the article is a link to the photos.

I was wondering......the dogs followed MW's scent from his car to a spot where the trail divides and ends there. Could it be he went back to his car via the same path? Would the dogs have picked that up that he back tracked his steps back to his car? That's the only logical thing I can think of and would explain why his scent stopped in the middle of the trail. (Because he stopped there before returning to his car?)

last night when I was looking at the pictures I went to google earth to see what area the pictures where taken and I had an idea if google earth could take a recent picture of Rosas Overlook. I couldn’t find if that was possible but I did find a google link that let me put in the coordinates and it will send me a text when they update the images in the area. I wonder if enough people ask for that area to be updated if it will happen or if there is a way to contact google to see if they will take new pictures.

Nvm. Think I was seeing optical illusion on first photo.

Last edited:
It's been a long time since I last posted in this thread.
What is this (blue tarp makeshift house)?

aHsxmkG.jpg

55w808r.jpg

4AL5rgR.jpg

This looks like some sort of weird encampment not far from where the boy's car was found.

Here is a far fetched scenario based on absolutely no evidence and I am sorry to the family who reads this: some psychopathic vagrant lives in the hills here and perhaps kidnapped Matt and took him to this encampment.

Additionally (this has probably already been posted here) Anthony Rauda was linked with the killing of the father camping with his 2 daughters in the park in Calabasas (https://heavy.com/news/2019/01/anthony-rauda/). Rauda had been living in the hills for years and has been linked with multiple random shootings and burglaries in the area. He would just walk through the mountains with his gun and shoot randomly-definitely a guy who was not all there mentally. Could this accused(and likely) murderer be responsible for Matt's disappearance?

Last edited:
It's been a long time since I last posted in this thread.
What is this (blue tarp makeshift house)?

aHsxmkG.jpg

55w808r.jpg

4AL5rgR.jpg

This looks like some sort of weird encampment not far from where the boy's car was found.
RSBM for focus

Are you talking about the blue dot south of Saddle Peak RD in the first photo?

RSBM for focus

Are you talking about the blue dot south of Saddle Peak RD in the first photo?

Not familiar with the acronym RSBM.

Correct, the blue dot south of the road. If you pull it up on google maps you can explore it yourself. I tried to post zoomed in screenshots. It just seemed out of place... Perhaps just a dumping ground/junk yard?

Not familiar with the acronym RSBM.

Correct, the blue dot south of the road. If you pull it up on google maps you can explore it yourself. I tried to post zoomed in screenshots. It just seemed out of place... Perhaps just a dumping ground/junk yard?
I’m sorry! RSBM: Respectfully Snipped by Me.

Or perhaps a construction site?

I've found what looks like a body. I've submitted this to the tips site as well, but thought I'd post here too. It's in image 14.

Attachments

• 20181104-SearchScan1-014_closeup.jpg
    20181104-SearchScan1-014_closeup.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 903
  • 20181104-SearchScan1-014_far.jpg
    20181104-SearchScan1-014_far.jpg
    565.1 KB · Views: 891
I've found what looks like a body. I've submitted this to the tips site as well, but thought I'd post here too. It's in image 14.
It certainly looks like something in human form in that pic. Great dedication on your part to find this! Please let us know if you hear anything back regarding this tip.

Wow that is really close to where his car was. My heart dropped when I saw that. It does resemble someone :(

Attachments

• 300CAED2-A3B5-4952-B387-32091ECF2ADF.jpeg
    300CAED2-A3B5-4952-B387-32091ECF2ADF.jpeg
    167.3 KB · Views: 125
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics