CA CA - Matthew Weaver, 21, Santa Monica Mountains, 10 Aug 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All of these are good points however everybody keeps talking about Snapchat. You know you can take a picture and post it later on on your Snapchat. So maybe somebody else had his phone and posted that picture from his gallery? To really screw things up and throw people off?
Welcome to Matthew’s thread, Tallulah.

Good point. However, if the picture came from the Camera Roll on your phone, the Snap would have a white frame around it a time stamp showing when it was taken.

Also, even if they picture came from your “Memories” within the app, the Snap would indicate that’s where the picture came from (e.g., “3 days ago from Memories”), unless the picture was taken in the last 24 hours.

If I am wrong about any of the above, please someone let me know!

According to the case timeline, the Snap was posted some time between 6:24 and 6:57am. Since it doesn’t say the picture came from Memories or Camera Roll, it is safe to assume the photo was taken right before it was sent, IMO.

Attachments

• 08F6E1F4-6525-45D7-B60A-2EBC61678FFA.jpeg
    08F6E1F4-6525-45D7-B60A-2EBC61678FFA.jpeg
    39.4 KB · Views: 48
And maybe they sent a photo from his Snapchat and the strange messages, or made the 911 call kind of as a clue, feeling remorse, not wanting to go to jail, but also not wanting their friend's family to think that he just vanished into thin air.
RSBM for focus

One might indeed try to justify his/her criminal (IMO) actions by doing those types of things (giving Matthew’s family clues in a way).

If something like that did happen, where would Matthew be? Would the guilty party(ies) bother taking him to the same area where his car was found, so that (in their mind) he would be found relatively quick? Or would they leave him where something might have happened to him?

ETA: In this particular scenario, the latter is what I am afraid might have happened to Matthew.

@inmyhumbleopinion - my daughter said that she can turn off the location and information on a picture in her gallery and still post it on Snapchat as current. I'm very unfamiliar with the app myself, she's a teenager so pretty well schooled, lol
Also she said something and I'm not sure if the terms right, about a private or secret snap?
@joeconejo - has the mystery woman been asked about the discrepancy in the timeline? As to why, when, or how long they were separated that evening before meeting up again at roughly 2 a.m.ish? Maybe you can't comment on that, but it seems to me there's four and a half hours between the time he supposedly picked her up and the time that they met up that are unaccounted for and could be crucial.
I wish only the best for you and your family during this time! Thank you for taking time to talk and accommodate us in your difficult situation.

Attachments

• 20181026_101411.jpg
    20181026_101411.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 67
  • 20181026_101117.jpg
    20181026_101117.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 57
@inmyhumbleopinion - my daughter said that she can turn off the location and information on a picture in her gallery and still post it on Snapchat as current. I'm very unfamiliar with the app myself, she's a teenager so pretty well schooled, lol
Also she said something and I'm not sure if the terms right, about a private or secret snap?
@joeconejo - has the mystery woman been asked about the discrepancy in the timeline? As to why, when, or how long they were separated that evening before meeting up again at roughly 2 a.m.ish? Maybe you can't comment on that, but it seems to me there's four and a half hours between the time he supposedly picked her up and the time that they met up that are unaccounted for and could be crucial.
I wish only the best for you and your family during this time! Thank you for taking time to talk and accommodate us in your difficult situation.
What your daughter said makes perfect sense (why didn’t I think to “consult with” ;) my teenagers before I posted)!

While she may not be directly involved in Matthew’s disappearance, I do suspect the mystery woman hasn’t told LE or the PI everything she knows. My hope is that LE has been able to gather enough evidence to show probable cause to obtain a search warrant for her phone records to investigate her whereabouts for the relevant time period.

I am also still curious as to whether she and Matthew were at Rosas Overlook at any point overnight (Thursday to Friday). Or is this just a rumor?

@joeconejo Since it's been brought up several times. Do you know where Matt and the female went that night? Also according to text they parted ways at some point. Any info on that?

I'm sorry but I have no further info at this point. Hopefully later this week. Thank you for your continued help and concern.

What your daughter said makes perfect sense (why didn’t I think to “consult with” ;) my teenagers before I posted)!

While she may not be directly involved in Matthew’s disappearance, I do suspect the mystery woman hasn’t told LE or the PI everything she knows. My hope is that LE has been able to gather enough evidence to show probable cause to obtain a search warrant for her phone records to investigate her whereabouts for the relevant time period.

I am also still curious as to whether she and Matthew were at Rosas Overlook at any point overnight (Thursday to Friday). Or is this just a rumor?
I understand. I'm 60. I married a millennial engineer just because of Windows 8. :)

People talk about how badly the car was damaged because the "bumper was ripped off".
Technically, the bumper is still on the car. What came off is the front bumper cover which is really just a pretty plastic covering over the ugly structural part of the bumper that is still there in the picture. The bumper cover is usually held on with plastic rivets, in fact on many cars if you really wanted to you could go out and rip it off the car with your bare hands. It probably caught and ripped off when the car went through a dip or over something sticking up in the road. The car never had to hit something to be damaged like that, just the rough road would do it, especially travelling at greater speed.

People talk about how badly the car was damaged because the "bumper was ripped off".
Technically, the bumper is still on the car. What came off is the front bumper cover which is really just a pretty plastic covering over the ugly structural part of the bumper that is still there in the picture. The bumper cover is usually held on with plastic rivets, in fact on many cars if you really wanted to you could go out and rip it off the car with your bare hands. It probably caught and ripped off when the car went through a dip or over something sticking up in the road. The car never had to hit something to be damaged like that, just the rough road would do it, especially travelling at greater speed.

Oh you're right, I didn't notice that. Good eye!

I've pulled that part off my car just backing up in deep snow.

Any news? I hope the PI really hounds Matthew's "new friends" and the person he was with the night he disappeared. He felt comfortable texting her at 11am, she had to know who he was with and what they were doing. Why else would he text her instead of his family, long time ex, sister?

If they won't cooperate or are hiding things from LE, the PI should go to the press. Name names. Someone knows something. I don't want to see this go cold and quiet like too many other young people who fell in with bad "friends." I hope this does not end up being something like Jenna van Gelderen where her sketchy "friends" know so much more than they're saying. We are still waiting to find Jenna and get justice for her as well.

Any news? I hope the PI really hounds Matthew's "new friends" and the person he was with the night he disappeared. He felt comfortable texting her at 11am, she had to know who he was with and what they were doing. Why else would he text her instead of his family, long time ex, sister?

If they won't cooperate or are hiding things from LE, the PI should go to the press. Name names. Someone knows something. I don't want to see this go cold and quiet like too many other young people who fell in with bad "friends." I hope this does not end up being something like Jenna van Gelderen where her sketchy "friends" know so much more than they're saying. We are still waiting to find Jenna and get justice for her as well.

The weird thing is, that parking lot would always have cars in it all hours of the night. Most of them looked like cars with racer kits on them. Tonight I had to drive that way and not a single car was in that lot on a Saturday night. Either the sheriffs are keeping people out or nobody is there for other reasons.

The girl he was with doesnt appear to be a new friend at all. I believe shes an old friend.
All i know is if Matthew was still somewhere near the outlook then i fear that he will never be recovered with these raging fires were dealing with now.

The girl he was with doesnt appear to be a new friend at all. I believe shes an old friend.
All i know is if Matthew was still somewhere near the outlook then i fear that he will never be recovered with these raging fires were dealing with now.

There has been instances of fires like these uncovering remains. It's not what we want to of happened to him, but it's a possibility of discovery.

There has been instances of fires like these uncovering remains. It's not what we want to of happened to him, but it's a possibility of discovery.

I didn't realise this was in the area if the fires urgh. While it may uncover remains, it surely destroys evidence. So many remains must be out there too.

I hadn't read this thread for a while, coming on tonight and seein that trail his car was found on, there's surely no way he would do that himself. But i suppose we don't know much about his 'last' night so...

Always hope for the best, so unlikely though

Yesterday there was an update on the page - they were out searching again, posted photos, mentioned a few new leads that didn't pan out.

Not sure how that specific area has been affected by the fires.

Those photos must be pre fire. I'm sure once the family is able to they may do another. With brush being cleared it may make things easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member