CA CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What?!!!!!
Oh boy, can this be true?

Go to the True Crime Daily video at the 17:00 minute mark. They're saying that it was Larry who had the initial into type appt. with the divorce attorney set prior for the Tuesday after Maya went missing. When it was first reported the news just said Millete had an appt. Wow, this requires some adjustment
to how to view their situation. Was Larry wanting out of the marriage?

I’d be curious to know if he kept that appt with the divorce attorney. If so, who watched the kids?

Larry messing around with his missing wife's Facebook page is very telling to me.
It reminds me a lot of previous cases where the husband started trying to delete their wives footprints. Scott Peterson comes to mind immediately. Selling his wife's Range Rover, changing the expected baby's room into a storage room and attempting to sell their home. Quickly after she went missing.
There are more red flags here then at an Indy car race. MOO

Thanks for posting this news article full of both info and emotion. You can feel the love and emotion from Maya's heartbroken family. What are they suppose to think?

Missing Chula Vista Mom May “Maya” Millet – NBC 7 San Diego (nbcsandiego.com)

"Chula Vista police have explicitly said Larry is not considered to be a suspect in their investigation. However, Lt. Miriam Fox, a spokeswoman for the department, added that he is no longer cooperating with their investigation and has not had a role in the search parties tasked with finding his missing wife."

"Larry declined to comment for this story. His uncooperative actions, Maricris said, have been another hard blow to the already strained family."

“I felt heartbroken, in a way,” Maricris said. “It’s more painful because: Why is he not willing to cooperate to find my sister?”

"Fox said Maya was reported missing to Chula Vista police by her sister, Maricris, late on Jan. 9, 2021, just after 11 p.m. Police arrived at the Millete home after 1 a.m., the time earlier cited in the media for the report of a missing person."

Maricris and Richard told NBC 7 recently that after Maya’s disappearance, Larry accessed Maya’s Facebook page and began removing photos and videos from her account. Other family members said it’s one reason they have been trying to archive every image or video of Maya and her children for their memories.

What?!!!!!
Oh boy, can this be true?

Go to the True Crime Daily video at the 17:00 minute mark. They're saying that it was Larry who had the initial into type appt. with the divorce attorney set prior for the Tuesday after Maya went missing. When it was first reported the news just said Millete had an appt. Wow, this requires some adjustment
to how to view their situation. Was Larry wanting out of the marriage?

Thanks for the info, Curious Me.
Maybe the husband found out he stood to lose a great deal ?
Yes, both parties lose usually in divorce. Was he the one that made an appt. with the divorce attorney??? I went back to try to find the news articles that just said Millete had an appt.with a divorce lawyer. I found this-- LM's (cough cough) plea to his missing spouse when she first went missing.

Missing Chula Vista Mom: Husband Retains Attorney, No Longer Answering Police Questions (fox5sandiego.com)
Posted: Feb 3, 2021 / 07:54 PM PST
Updated: Feb 4, 2021 / 07:32 AM PST

"Larry Millete previously told FOX 5 he thought his wife may have left Jan. 8 to have some alone time."

“Initially, that’s what I thought,” he said last month. “But as the days go by, it’s very unlikely that that’s it, because she wouldn’t be gone this long. I’m still very hopeful that will all this media coverage, she’ll turn up and say, ‘Hey, I’m okay.’”

"He added, “I love you honey, just come back home.”

Last edited:
I’d be curious to know if he kept that appt with the divorce attorney. If so, who watched the kids?
No, I believe the appt. was made before that Thursday night for the following Tuesday. I doubt he went to a divorce attorney with her missing on the news. I feel I need to get a straight story on who actually made the appt. To me, it makes more sense she did. She wanted a divorce as in her space.

Did you mean as a cover he kept the appt.? LE had him in their sights and it would not bode well with them. According to him, he was suppose to be the one that didn't need his space! His father has been reported in the Daily Mail article to be at the house when Maricris tried to see the kids, and probably both parents are helping with the children.

^ didn't Maya actually tell her sister she wanted a divorce? or am I mixed up?
Who actually reported that the attorney appt was for Maya?
animated-question-mark-sign-image-0016.gif
I don't know. Maya may have said that, but who found out there was an appt.? We need to back track to find out who actually knew and said there was an attorney appt.

Here's that Daily Mail article that mentions LM's father being at the house. It says Maya wanted out of the relationship. It makes more sense to me that she made the divorce attorney appointment, let it drop in their argument, and ...
Could he have made that divorce attorney appt. before that Thursday night? I just can't see it. JMO tho'. Perhaps the True Crime Daily and Daily Mail guy on the show got it wrong?

Mother-of-three who's been missing for a month had 'no positive communication' with her husband | Daily Mail Online

Richard added: 'You would think that they would have ridden together but that never happened. The relationship was done. She wanted to get out of the relationship."

It sounds like it was Maya that set up that appointment, which doesn’t automatically mean that her husband wasn’t expected to go.

Maybe she told him about it and wanted him to go with her. It doesn’t quite make sense for him to be the one setting it up though.

Moderator. Can we post links? Family Searches for Answers 40 Days After Disappearance of Chula Vista Mom May ‘Maya' Millete

at around
the 4 minute mark. The anchor asks marichris and the husband what they think happened to Maya.

it’s very clear they believe Larry has answers. Their response, “it would be nice to know which direction Larry’s car went on Friday”

How do you all interpret that response?
Honestly, they are SO polite and civil. I would be serving some knuckle sandwiches to certain people and throwing certain people under the bus very publicly if I was in their shoes. Bless their hearts, Maya is lucky to have them on her corner.

Agree. I looked with satellite at the route there and the area. No good place to conceal a body.

The canyon behind the house would be. Perhaps drawing attention away from there?

Odd...in his taped interview, he mentioned that to hike in the canyon, she would drive to the entrance. But there's an entranceway to the park right from their street. A walkway that goes between 2 houses. (I found that with google)

I have hiked that area numerous times. Their are certain trailheads that are better than others depending on what part of the mountain or trail you want to check out. Some are more isolated than others.

... The canyon behind the house would be. Perhaps drawing attention away from there?

I have hiked that area numerous times. Their are certain trailheads that are better than others depending on what part of the mountain or trail you want to check out. Some are more isolated than others.
How much trouble did someone go through to maybe hide a body? Did they drive far? Or were they lax and stayed in the general area. There's a search tomorrow, Sunday 2/21/21 in Spring Valley area which is only ten miles away from Chula Vista. They're looking for searchers to join in.

Find May/Maya Millete | Facebook

Honestly, they are SO polite and civil. I would be serving some knuckle sandwiches to certain people and throwing certain people under the bus very publicly if I was in their shoes. Bless their hearts, Maya is lucky to have them on her corner.
Her poor family !
They must be terrified for Maya, and and are prob. already grieving if they suspect the worst. :(

Last edited:
How much trouble did someone go through to maybe hide a body? Did they drive far? Or were they lax and stayed in the general area. There's a search tomorrow, Sunday 2/21/21 in Spring Valley area which is only ten miles away from Chula Vista. They're looking for searchers to join in.

Find May/Maya Millete | Facebook

If I ever go missing ...I hope you guys sleuth the heck out of what is presented as fact ...❤️

https://www.10news.com/news/local-n...ars-for-missing-chula-vista-wife-mom-of-three

Jan 12, 2021

CHULA VISTA, Calif. (KGTV) — Maya and Larry Millete are high school sweethearts married for 21 years with three children — ages 4, 9, and 11.

Maya has been missing from her Chula Vista home since last week. Millete says they had argued the night before.

Audio interview with husband Larry at News10 link above.

Search warrant is served at home of missing Chula Vista mother | cbs8.com

Jan 24, 2021

CHULA VISTA, Calif. — The Chula Vista Police Department served a search warrant Saturday at the home of Maya "May" Millete on Paseo Los Gatos in Chula Vista, according to a press release from the police department.

Millete’s husband, Larry, told News 8 investigators seized property before leaving around 1 a.m. Sunday morning. Neighbors told her family they saw police using what appeared to be "forensic lights" although police would not confirm details about their actions.

"The focus of the search warrant is to locate any evidence or any clues as to her whereabouts. Obviously, we’re concerned that she is still missing," said Lt. Miriam Foxx with the Criminal Investigations Division. “I can’t give any details as to the investigation but I will say we’ve been actively investigating this case and we’re at the point now where we’re trying to get as much evidence and any clues that we have that it’s possible to find where May is."

Family Searches for Answers 40 Days After Disappearance of Chula Vista Mom May ‘Maya' Millete

Feb 18, 2021

Chula Vista police have explicitly said Larry is not considered to be a suspect in their investigation. However, Lt. Miriam Fox, a spokeswoman for the department, added that he [husband Larry] is no longer cooperating with their investigation and has not had a role in the search parties tasked with finding his missing wife.

Larry declined to comment for this story. His uncooperative actions, Maricris said, have been another hard blow to the already strained family.

“I felt heartbroken, in a way,” Maricris said. “It’s more painful because: Why is he not willing to cooperate to find my sister?”

Fox said Maya was reported missing to Chula Vista police by her sister, Maricris, late on Jan. 9, 2021, just after 11 p.m. Police arrived at the Millete home after 1 a.m., the time earlier cited in the media for the report of a missing person.

Maricris and Richard told NBC 7 recently that after Maya’s disappearance, Larry accessed Maya’s Facebook page and began removing photos and videos from her account. Other family members said it’s one reason they have been trying to archive every image or video of Maya and her children for their memories.

Reportedly, the family celebrated the new year holiday with a family camping
trip where they described things between the husband and missing wife as tense-- and her family last saw Maya alive on Jan 3, 2021.

Husband Larry reported he last physically saw Maya on Thursday, Jan 7, 2021. In his own words, he was reluctant to report his wife missing and stated he was embarrassed (and why her sister reported Maya missing late night Jan 9).

Reportedly, Maya went missing from her home but did not take her vehicle. There's no report to date that Maya left her home with a friend, family, or other.

Within weeks of Maya reported missing to police, a Judge agreed with and signed a search warrant for Maya's residence based on an affidavit of probable cause by CVPD detectives. CVPD detectives had to have evidence to believe that criminal activity is occurring at the place to be searched or that evidence of a crime may be found there.

The public should be wise to understand not naming the husband a suspect does not take away from the fact that Maya is not voluntarily missing without taking her own vehicle.

I believe Maya's family continues to do right by keeping her name in the public that she's missing while police continue to investigate the probable.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member