CA CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not much new, but Maya's family is keeping her search in the news:
Family Searches for Answers 40 Days After Disappearance of Chula Vista Mom May ‘Maya' Millete
From the article:
From the moment you hear the first notes of May “Maya” Millete’s guitar ring out and the pitch of her voice, you immediately understand why her mother gave her the nickname Maya.

Born in the Philippines, Maya -- the 39-year-old sister, wife and mother of three -- was nicknamed after the Eurasian tree sparrows that fill the skies and ears of Filipinos living in their home country. Now her family's yearning to hear her songs in person again.
Thanks for posting this news article full of both info and emotion. You can feel the love and emotion from Maya's heartbroken family. What are they suppose to think?

Missing Chula Vista Mom May “Maya” Millet – NBC 7 San Diego (nbcsandiego.com)

"Chula Vista police have explicitly said Larry is not considered to be a suspect in their investigation. However, Lt. Miriam Fox, a spokeswoman for the department, added that he is no longer cooperating with their investigation and has not had a role in the search parties tasked with finding his missing wife."

"Larry declined to comment for this story. His uncooperative actions, Maricris said, have been another hard blow to the already strained family."

“I felt heartbroken, in a way,” Maricris said. “It’s more painful because: Why is he not willing to cooperate to find my sister?”

"Fox said Maya was reported missing to Chula Vista police by her sister, Maricris, late on Jan. 9, 2021, just after 11 p.m. Police arrived at the Millete home after 1 a.m., the time earlier cited in the media for the report of a missing person."

Maricris and Richard told NBC 7 recently that after Maya’s disappearance, Larry accessed Maya’s Facebook page and began removing photos and videos from her account. Other family members said it’s one reason they have been trying to archive every image or video of Maya and her children for their memories.

Find May/Maya Millete | Facebook

I'm excited to hear there will be a search in Spring Valley on Sunday 2/21. IIRC, I mentioned that area before. They'll be searching more near the SV Swap Meet under the 125 bridges. (per Find May /Maya FB page)

I've pictured another area in Spring Valley, close but more east, more near the Sweetwater Reservoir. I was searching on google maps and look what I found:
upload_2021-2-18_23-52-9.png

Maricris and Richard told NBC 7 recently that after Maya’s disappearance, Larry accessed Maya’s Facebook page and began removing photos and videos from her account. Other family members said it’s one reason they have been trying to archive every image or video of Maya and her children for their memories.

Why does he have her Facebook password, and why would he be removing stuff? He is looking more sus each day.

I wonder what exactly LE removed from the home at the search and do they have any results by now?
How marvelous it would be if she had a secret diary!

By now LE should have checked all neighbors cameras to rule out running away imo, whether she left the house on foot or got in a car. They would have footage of LM comings and goings.
Hopefully they have Social media messages as well to see if she was seeing someone or perhaps was threatened by someone.

All speculation and moo and quack

Thanks, very informative!

I think he misheard something though, He keeps saying the sister said that the brother actually heard something on Friday from the bedroom.
I thought he didn't hear anything and that's why he believed husband that she was sleeping?

Hmm...I have not gotten to watch yet, as I've been super busy and away from WS today. Will watch as soon as I can, and come back to discuss! I just wanted to post it for y'all bc it popped up in my Youtube notifications. :)

Just got notification for this one, too, True Crime Daily + Daily Mail Tv, and they discuss Maya @17:02. (LOVE that they time stamp it in the description! Helpful!)

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this news article full of both info and emotion. You can feel the love and emotion from Maya's heartbroken family. What are they suppose to think?

Missing Chula Vista Mom May “Maya” Millet – NBC 7 San Diego (nbcsandiego.com)

"Chula Vista police have explicitly said Larry is not considered to be a suspect in their investigation. However, Lt. Miriam Fox, a spokeswoman for the department, added that he is no longer cooperating with their investigation and has not had a role in the search parties tasked with finding his missing wife."

"Larry declined to comment for this story. His uncooperative actions, Maricris said, have been another hard blow to the already strained family."

“I felt heartbroken, in a way,” Maricris said. “It’s more painful because: Why is he not willing to cooperate to find my sister?”

"Fox said Maya was reported missing to Chula Vista police by her sister, Maricris, late on Jan. 9, 2021, just after 11 p.m. Police arrived at the Millete home after 1 a.m., the time earlier cited in the media for the report of a missing person."

I think it's obvious who is blocking family and friends from Maya's Facebook page.

Yes @LietKynes for your avatar! Always mad respect for Tom lol. As far as Maya, MOO is that whatever happened to her, happened on Thursday night. That’s when her communication on social and group txt stopped. I am curious to what her coworkers/work family had to say to police. Just assumption they spoke with her coworkers already, but I can’t imagine they haven’t by now. Most people can’t help but share things that are going on at home.

Yes @LietKynes for your avatar! Always mad respect for Tom lol. As far as Maya, MOO is that whatever happened to her, happened on Thursday night. That’s when her communication on social and group txt stopped. I am curious to what her coworkers/work family had to say to police. Just assumption they spoke with her coworkers already, but I can’t imagine they haven’t by now. Most people can’t help but share things that are going on at home.
Sorry just changed it.
Maya's children must be missing their mom.
Wonder what they've communicated to LE --assuming LE have been able to speak to them without the husband, Larry, present ?
Imo.

They almost always say that “so-and-so” is not a suspect, until they’re ready to arrest.
Ita.
Once someone is declared a suspect the clock starts ticking and the pressure is on.
So LE wait and build their case.
Following LE's lead... it looks like this is shaping up to be a 'no body' investigation.
Still hoping Maya can be recovered for her families' sake.
MOO

It's incredibly important to find Maya Millete for her children's sake and for her family, and to see this case move forward and a suspect named if foul play was involved. Keeping the faith that she'll be found soon.

Two women missing, Rosario Garcia and Erika Lloyd, were finally found in the desert areas after seven months. I'm posting this article because it talks about the organizations that helped find this woman. File this away, in case you ever need them.

How they found Rosario:

Rosario Garcia located after seven months • Idyllwild Town Crier
"One of those resources was WSAS. The team of four pilots came down from Utah and flew four drones from Jan. 22 to 24 taking thousands of images — 4,000 to be exact. The images were handed over to FOF." 

"Tarr said, “By the evening of Jan. 24 we had images, and on a couple of images, with no doubt we could see it was Ms. Garcia. She was about 500 feet from her car down a steep embankment with her purse and identification inside of it.”

The Fowler-O’Sullivan Foundation (FOF) was founded in 2017 when it started searching for David O’Sullivan and Kris Fowler, two hikers who went missing while hiking the Pacific Crest Trail and have yet to be located. O’Sullivan was last seen in Idyllwild in 2017. The FOF became an official nonprofit in March 2020. While the organization has worked many search and recovery cases in the western United States, locating Garcia was its first recovery since becoming incorporated. 
The Western States Aerial Search (WSAS), located in Utah, is a charity-based organization made up of professional drone pilots who focus on search and recovery.

They almost always say that “so-and-so” is not a suspect, until they’re ready to arrest.
Yes, the "so-and-so" in the Suzanne Morphew case is also not a suspect :)
Obviously, this case has different players, geography, & circumstances. But is reminding me more and more of Suzanne and her disappearance.

Just got notification for this one, too, True Crime Daily + Daily Mail Tv, and they discuss Maya @17:02. (LOVE that they time stamp it in the description! Helpful!)

What?!!!!!
Oh boy, can this be true?

Go to the True Crime Daily video at the 17:00 minute mark. They're saying that it was Larry who had the initial into type appt. with the divorce attorney set prior for the Tuesday after Maya went missing. When it was first reported the news just said Millete had an appt. Wow, this requires some adjustment
to how to view their situation. Was Larry wanting out of the marriage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove