CA CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The more I think about it, I think that locked door was to keep the kids from "bothering" Maya. I just cannot imagine what he told those precious kids all day Friday and into Saturday about where Mom was, especially the 2 that were home alone! Maybe he told them Mom was working behind that door and not to bother her, and locked that door so they couldn't get in there to see if she was there or not. (Absolute monster imo).

And maybe his explanation of the "rustling" around was also in case the kids heard rustling, when either whatever went down in that house happened, or when he was loading the car to get her out of there.

It's so unsettling.

Imo.

yes, i believe also that the reason the door was locked.. is just an excuse for the kids not to "bother" her.

The more I think about it, I think that locked door was to keep the kids from "bothering" Maya. I just cannot imagine what he told those precious kids all day Friday and into Saturday about where Mom was, especially the 2 that were home alone! Maybe he told them Mom was working behind that door and not to bother her, and locked that door so they couldn't get in there to see if she was there or not. (Absolute monster imo).

And maybe his explanation of the "rustling" around was also in case the kids heard rustling, when either whatever went down in that house happened, or when he was loading the car to get her out of there.

It's so unsettling.

Imo.

yes, i believe also that the reason the door was locked.. is just an excuse for the kids not to "bother" her.

I do not have FB, so if there is any new updates posted there, would somebody please share, Thanks in advance! Also, I do not know why, but it’s bugging me that we don’t know Larry’s occupation. It’s odd to me that it hasn’t been mentioned. Soooo, was May the only one working? No judgement on stay at home dads, just considering the possibility that he was about to be in a bind if May was planning on leaving the marriage. Maybe a motive? Pure speculation and MOO
i thought he was a stay at home dad.. but heard he works in an optometrist ofc on base and former navy . but i do believe MM was the breadwinner.

But is that what they actually meant? When did they get blocked?

Were they blocked from Maya’s account, so they can’t see her profile and its contents?

They did somehow have access to her Facebook account by having her login information and that information was changed, thus they no longer have that access?

Or, where they blocked for the Missing page and now can’t post anymore on there?

They were blocked from her FB profile. Annnnd, based on my own observation, someone (I think we can all assume who) checked her in to Corona,CA on January 20, 2021.

Last edited:
Some posts have been removed.

All members need to familiarize themselves with The Rules that they agreed to upon joining Websleuths.

The Rules are available on the main forum, and also linked in my signature line. Pay particular attention to those titled Etiquette & Information, and Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc.

If you have a question about any of those rules, please private message a Moderator or Administrator and we will try to clarify.

They were blocked from her FB profile. Annnnd, based on my own observation, someone (I think we can all assume who) checked her in to Corona,CA on January 20, 2021. I took a screenshot, I couldn’t believe it. I don’t know how I would post it here...can I? Do I have to reference it?

Huh. Well, isn't that interesting. Wonder if that's where Maya will eventually be found. That's about a 1 hr 45 min drive from Chula Vista, and you could pass right by Solana Beach. Imo.

What does that mean "someone checked her in to Corona, CA on January 20, 2021" ? someone made a reservation for her ? not understanding.

That's a couple of weeks after Maya went missing.

Right...exactly what you said. Users check into FB with their location when they visit specific places. Someone checked her location into Corona, CA weeks after she went missing. Now her FB is private and her check in’s can’t be seen. The point is, someone is messing with her account.MOO

Right...exactly what you said. Users check into FB with their location when they visit specific places. Someone checked her location into Corona, CA weeks after she went missing. Now her FB is private and her check in’s can’t be seen. The point is, someone is messing with her account.MOO

Thanks.

I looked at her FB, and didn't see that, nor a lot of pictures and posts that were there before.
So presumably someone wanted to make it appear that she was alive and well in Corona on Jan. 20.

Either she never logged out of FB, or "someone" had or found her password.
(personally I always log out of FB, safer from hacking.)
I also keep a file with a list of all my passwords and if I'm out of town, I lock that file in a filing cabinet.
It is possible that Maya kept a list of all passwords somewhere in their home, in her bedroom/office, and "someone" found it after going through all her private papers.

Last edited:
Could be a fake account someone has set up as well.

amateur opinion and speculation

Thanks.

I looked at her FB, and didn't see that, nor a lot of pictures and posts that were there before.
So presumably someone wanted to make it appear that she was alive and well in Corona on Jan. 20.

Either she never logged out of FB, or "someone" had or found her password.
(personally I always log out of FB, safer from hacking.)
I also keep a file with a list of all my passwords and if I'm out of town, I lock that file in a filing cabinet.
It is possible that Maya kept a list of all passwords somewhere in their home, in her bedroom/office, and "someone" found it after going through all her private papers.
If her phone had been turned off (since the day/night) she went missing, it would have had to of been turned back on (obviously),when family members were blocked and certain photos were removed. I’m sure LE is monitoring any activity and location of cell towers where phone is pinging from and also any movement LM is making to see if they are the same??

If her phone had been turned off (since the day/night) she went missing, it would have had to of been turned back on (obviously),when family members were blocked and certain photos were removed. I’m sure LE is monitoring any activity and location of cell towers where phone is pinging from and also any movement LM is making to see if they are the same??

Or someone else has her account details and has logged into her FB on their own device. Imo.

This may not be the case in this instance, but a similar thing happened in the Suzanne Morphew case, but showed her checked in somewhere in Indiana. A friend had tagged her in an old photo that she had “checked in” at a location in Indiana. I’ve had the same thing happen to me when a friend “checked in” at the beach and tagged me on the photo.

MOO

DRONES....they need to use drones!
Amateur opinion and speculation
In the last two days I have been able to watch two searches in challenging terrains. The Glamis search for Maya with a helicopter was fine, but required constant attention. Then, you suggested drones. You're right, drones are handy for searches. Oddly, I got a chance to see another search with a drone right away in a case I'm following.

The 2nd search I watched, both in the same day, was for another missing woman, used a drone on steep, rugged cliffs in Arizona. That drone captured very clear images and got closer than a helicopter could.

The Investigative Producer in the video has also reported on Maya's case, as well, He's known for digging up interesting facts on the cases he investigates. Hopefully, Maya's family might consider using drones. Here, take a look at this news video that came out last night of the search using a drone.
Search continues for Dia Abrams, woman missing from Idyllwild, CA | cbs8.com
Author: David Gotfredson (Investigative Producer)
Published: 11:21 PM PST February 16, 2021
Updated: 11:21 PM PST February 16, 2021

Websleuths thread for Lydia "Dia" Abrams
CA - CA - Lydia "Dia" Abrams, 65, Idyllwild, 6 Jun 2020 | Page 23 (websleuths.com)

Huh. Well, isn't that interesting. Wonder if that's where Maya will eventually be found. That's about a 1 hr 45 min drive from Chula Vista, and you could pass right by Solana Beach. Imo.
ETA-- How embarrassing, :oops: I thought everyone was talking about Coronado, but :confused: it was Corona. Please accept my apologies for going on about Coronado, but it is fairly close to Chula Vista. Sorry, a later night mistake... Good Night now.

Coronado, CA is not someplace I would think to hide a body. That's where the wealthy mansion is from the Rebecca Zahau case. There's the Hotel del Coronado where some very famous people have stayed. There's too many eyes there and probably too many cameras to be hiding a body. No secluded spots.
del-coronado.jpg

I've lived here awhile now, and when I first moved to San Diego, they didn't have the Coronado Bridge and you had to drive your car onto a ferry to get to Coronado.

Worth noting, there is the North Island Navy Base there. The Navy connection is of interest. There is a way to get there from Chula Vista if you first go down to Imperial Beach first and take the Silver Strand there.
See map:
upload_2021-2-17_2-9-23.png
It is good news that the FBI will be offering their tools and techniques to this case. If someone is tampering with her FB acct. or missing phone, they must be, JMO, really fearlessly stupid.

MOO and also my :oops: mistake. It was Corona, not Coronado.

Last edited:
I’ve been trolling some FB Groups and there seems to be a prevailing mood that CVPD is in over their heads on this case, inexperienced, understaffed, etc., etc. Not a whole lot of love for the local PD.

Any locals here that could comment on this? Is inexperience possibly an issue?

I’ve always been concerned about how long it took to search the house but I do understand waiting for warrants etc. Just seems like a lost opportunity to gather evidence.

TIA

I’ve been trolling some FB Groups and there seems to be a prevailing mood that CVPD is in over their heads on this case, inexperienced, understaffed, etc., etc. Not a whole lot of love for the local PD.

Any locals here that could comment on this? Is inexperience possibly an issue?

I’ve always been concerned about how long it took to search the house but I do understand waiting for warrants etc. Just seems like a lost opportunity to gather evidence.

TIA
I think similar complaints are typical whenever there's an adult reported missing-- and not necessarily reflective of CVPD. Without blatant evidence of foul play involved at the residence (i.e., fans, wet carpet, bleach smell, etc.,), a search warrant will not be immediate. It's not a crime for an adult to voluntarily disappear.

Hoping today is the day MM is recovered. Continued wishes for strength, comfort, and support for MM's family and friends.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member