CA CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
upload_2021-2-17_15-22-57.png
Investigators said the couple has marital problems. However, they had no leads of foul play.

Millete's family spent last weekend searching for her in the dunes in Glamis by helicopter and ATV but did not come up with any leads. Her family said Millete loved going to Glamis to ride quads and her dirt bike.

Millete's sister, Maricris, tells ABC 10 News, " We just want to keep on searching and searching we don't want any stones unturned, it's one of those, it's a shooting in the sky type of thing." She adds, "We always say we can move mountains and we believe in miracles."

The family has hired a private investigator.
Family of Chula Vista missing mom searches Glamis by helicopter - KYMA

Does she have a fitbit? This kept coming up in Gannon's case although from a different angle but if she had one and is not at home, can that be tracked? Moo
We haven't received an answer to questions concerning a Fitbit. I know she posted her hiking accomplishments, so I'd assume she had one. This is MOO, Maya didn't leave that house voluntarily wearing her Fitbit that Thursday night.

I’ve been trolling some FB Groups and there seems to be a prevailing mood that CVPD is in over their heads on this case, inexperienced, understaffed, etc., etc. Not a whole lot of love for the local PD...
A woman Chief of Police, a woman Lead Investigator, a woman Mayor... maybe there's some misogynist people driving those complaints to some extent. I don't know what people expect when there's been no body found. The family is somewhat impatient with CVPD perhaps. They went ahead and asked for funding to hire a PI, but for what? I doubt the PI will find out anything of value this early. I know the family has to do what they can though.

Sure I thought they should've moved on that search warrant sooner, mainly to impound the vehicles and bring cadaver dogs in early to see if they hit on anything. My own thoughts are that choking / strangling doesn't leave as much evidence in a house as a bloody crime scene.

A woman Chief of Police, a woman Lead Investigator, a woman Mayor... maybe there's some misogynist people driving those complaints to some extent. I don't know what people expect when there's been no body found. The family is somewhat impatient with CVPD perhaps. They went ahead and asked for funding to hire a PI, but for what? I doubt the PI will find out anything of value this early. I know the family has to do what they can though.

Sure I thought they should've moved on that search warrant sooner, mainly to impound the vehicles and bring cadaver dogs in early to see if they hit on anything. My own thoughts are that choking / strangling doesn't leave as much evidence in a house as a bloody crime scene.
I am a huge LE supporter and I've bit my tongue on this LE crew. But since you brought it up....

I'm comparing the Chula LE to what is going on in Cal City with the two missing tots. The Chula LE gets A+ for expressing empathy, but what we need is command and control. Perhaps it's going on behind the scenes, and not expressed outwardly.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Does she have a fitbit? This kept coming up in Gannon's case although from a different angle but if she had one and is not at home, can that be tracked? Moo

It’s not 100% clear but in Maya’s Ed Sheran cover you can see she was wearing bracelets and some kind of black watch on her left wrist. Looks like it has a silver clasp, so more akin to a Fitbit.

Attachments

• 3A1B90D3-334B-4C53-BF02-1A41B4861359.jpeg
    3A1B90D3-334B-4C53-BF02-1A41B4861359.jpeg
    75 KB · Views: 88
I am a huge LE supporter and I've bit my tongue on this LE crew. But since you brought it up....

I'm comparing the Chula LE to what is going on in Cal City with the two missing tots. The Chula LE gets A+ for expressing empathy, but what we need is command and control. Perhaps it's going on behind the scenes, and not expressed outwardly.

Amateur opinion and speculation
Respectfully, by all accounts, it seems to me there's a reason to focus on one person known to LE (and that stopped cooperating). I don't think this type of evidence warrants "outward" expression by LE but an investigation where things should remain behind the scenes.

Josh Powell comes to mind-- and the safety and welfare of the children still in the home.

MOO

Respectfully, by all accounts, it seems to me there's a reason to focus on one person known to LE (and that stopped cooperating). I don't think this type of evidence warrants "outward" expression by LE but an investigation where things should remain behind the scenes.

Josh Powell comes to mind-- and the safety and welfare of the children still in the home.

MOO
I don’t disagree with anything you said. My commentary was on presentment, “command and control”, instilling confidence in the community. As I said, they get an A+ for empathy, which certainly is important.

amateur opinion and speculation

I don’t disagree with anything you said. My commentary was on presentment, “command and control”, instilling confidence in the community. As I said, they get an A+ for empathy, which certainly is important.

amateur opinion and speculation
I guess I don't understand what it is about this "LE crew" that causes OP to bite their tongue... :eek:

I also don't think LE owes the public anything but to locate the missing woman and protect the integrity of the investigation.

I do not believe MM voluntarily disappeared or that this is a random abduction. I think CVPD knows what/who they are dealing with. They've not lost my confidence.

MOO

Please note that they had gone to marriage counseling. It sounds like they kept trying, probably for the sake of the children.

Timeline: The Disappearance of Chula Vista Mom May ‘Maya' Millete

Published February 8, 2021
Updated on February 16, 2021 at 1:34 pm

"NBC 7 anchor Mark Mullen spoke with Maya’s sister and brother-in-law, Maricris and Richard Drouaillet about the last time they saw Maya."

"We were actually out camping, right there at the Glamis Dunes – Glamis Dunes Imperial Valley – last new year. So, Jan. 3 was the last time that we did – we saw her,” Maricris Drouaillet said."

"Maricris Drouaillet said it was tough to see her sister and Larry Millete on that trip, knowing “they had been having marital problems for the last year.”

“They tried to work it out,” she told NBC 7. “They did have, you know, marriage counseling, and we did try to kind of help them out to work out their relationship. But it’s been on and off, on and off.”

"Maricris Drouaillet said on that camping trip, they saw “a lot of arguments” between the Milletes."

“We felt sometimes uncomfortable about it, too,” Maricris Drouaillet said. “But you know, we were just praying and hoping they would be able to work it out. We didn’t see this coming, you know, after that.”

Chula Vista Police to Give Updates on Missing Mom Maya Millete – NBC 7 San Diego (nbcsandiego.com)
I guess this was the update

Feb. 16, 2021
NBC 7 reached out to the CVPD for any possible updates on Maya's case. Foxx said, at this point, there were no known suspects in the disappearance of Maya.

Foxx said Larry Millete was still not cooperating with police, nor was he helping with the search parties.

I guess I don't understand what it is about this "LE crew" that causes OP to bite their tongue... :eek:

I also don't think LE owes the public anything but to locate the missing woman and protect the integrity of the investigation.

I do not believe MM voluntarily disappeared or that this is a random abduction. I think CVPD knows what/who they are dealing with. They've not lost my confidence.

MOO

I haven't been here in awhile, sad that there are still no updates about Maya. As far as CVPD, I hope they're able to handle this case, there is no place for ego and pride. Police and Sheriffs can apply for promotions after a certain amount of years on the job, it doesn't mean they'll be good at it, and it doesn't mean they're experienced to take on any type of investigation. It's not unheard of that their station might not have the requisite experience and if that's the case, I fully support getting help from another agency.

Investigators have to be able to do the job well and make sure to "get the right suspect" so-to-speak. If an investigation is out of your league then you can, and should, request assistance and I really have to wonder if this might be out of their league. How many interviews have they conducted, how many cctv videos watched, how many searches, yet there are no leads? That doesn't make sense. Not one lead from the day she went missing 5-6 weeks ago? Have they even asked the public if they've seen anything on certain days around when she disappeared? Look over Ring cams or security? Nothing?

I understand Larry getting a lawyer, I do not understand ending cooperation completely. I hoped that him doing that meant they were close to something and he lawyered up as preparation, but nothing's happened. I really hope he doesn't abscond to the Philippines or something.

I haven't been here in awhile, sad that there are still no updates about Maya. As far as CVPD, I hope they're able to handle this case, there is no place for ego and pride. Police and Sheriffs can apply for promotions after a certain amount of years on the job, it doesn't mean they'll be good at it, and it doesn't mean they're experienced to take on any type of investigation. It's not unheard of that their station might not have the requisite experience and if that's the case, I fully support getting help from another agency.

Investigators have to be able to do the job well and make sure to "get the right suspect" so-to-speak. If an investigation is out of your league then you can, and should, request assistance and I really have to wonder if this might be out of their league. How many interviews have they conducted, how many cctv videos watched, how many searches, yet there are no leads? That doesn't make sense. Not one lead from the day she went missing 5-6 weeks ago? Have they even asked the public if they've seen anything on certain days around when she disappeared? Look over Ring cams or security? Nothing?

I understand Larry getting a lawyer, I do not understand ending cooperation completely. I hoped that him doing that meant they were close to something and he lawyered up as preparation, but nothing's happened. I really hope he doesn't abscond to the Philippines or something.

I'm thinking about missing Colorado mother Suzanne Morphew where no info has been released by the local Sheriff, CBI, or FBI, and the LE did not want the public's help during searches led by LE. And there's only been one press conference in nine months. It doesn't mean the investigation is not ongoing.

What evidence does OP have that there's not been one lead from the day MM went missing?

The public will always want for information about an investigation but that doesn't mean the public will receive or should receive any information! There's also the safety of other individuals to consider.

LE may very well not need or desire the publics' help here.

I don't think MM voluntarily disappeared, and I think LE's focus is clear whether spoken or not.

MM's family is doing the right thing and that's to keep her name front and center with media and a constant reminder that MM is missing.

Until there's an arrest, recovery of the missing person, I think the wanting public needs to cool their jets, and let investigators do their job without jeopardizing the investigation. Why risk clouding justice for MM?

The investigation team and its partners have a duty to deliver a stellar package to the district attorney's office where they only get one bite at the apple.

The public has a right to disclosure during the preliminary hearing. Until then, they owe the public nothing.

MOO

Feb 5, 2021 Press Conference.

I'm thinking about missing Colorado mother Suzanne Morphew where no info has been released by the local Sheriff, CBI, or FBI, and the LE did not want the public's help during searches led by LE. And there's only been one press conference in nine months. It doesn't mean the investigation is not ongoing.

What evidence does OP have that there's not been one lead from the day MM went missing?

The public will always want for information about an investigation but that doesn't mean the public will receive or should receive any information! There's also the safety of other individuals to consider.

I don't think MM voluntarily disappeared, and I think LE's focus is clear whether spoken or not.

MM's family is doing the right thing and that's to keep her name front and center with media and a constant reminder that MM is missing.

Until there's an arrest, recovery of the missing person, I think the wanting public needs to cool their jets, and let investigators do their job without jeopardizing the investigation. Why risk clouding justice for MM?

The investigation team and its partners have a duty to deliver a stellar package to the district attorney's office where they only get one bite at the apple.

The public has a right to disclosure during the preliminary hearing. Until then, they owe the public nothing.

MOO

Very well said @Seattle1 !

MOO

The statement I made about no leads came from the sister and her husband. I don’t know if it’s from day 1 but she mentioned there being no leads.

While I understand that cvpd is doing all they can, I still think they’re out of their depth. If there’s been a crime, a word of caution to the local community (and because of the kids) would be helpful. If there hasn’t, a word of encouragement to the local community that they don’t believe there is a general threat. Also, no mention of public sightings, no mention of attire she might have worn. I know agencies can’t, and won’t, always give out information, but a missing persons case like this usually includes at least a byline of what she may have been wearing, or possible sighting on cctv or neighbor’s Ring, or literally anything that would aid the investigation. If this is a woman gone of her own volition, something like that might have, and maybe should’ve have, been mentioned.

It was said here that Maya may have been the breadwinner, but I’d disagree. I think it was equal between them, not so sure about now (because Covid), but just based on the 3 cars-Jeep, Lexus, and Toyota truck or suv, all on the more expensive side, plus 3 kids, and her hobbies, I’d bet he was at least as well paid.

This is just my opinion. Have patience and faith that this case will move along to an arrest if at all possible. In many cases LE works behind the scenes, especially if they have already figured out who they need to investigate further. I don't expect them to share info that would jeopardize the investigation. I've watched trials, and I have learned what is needed to get a conviction. LE needs to collect solid evidence. Not always, but finding a body before the arrest is often how it goes. My own thoughts and opinions and prayers.

This is just my opinion. Have patience and faith that this case will move along to an arrest if at all possible. In many cases LE works behind the scenes, especially if they have already figured out who they need to investigate further. I don't expect them to share info that would jeopardize the investigation. I've watched trials, and I have learned what is needed to get a conviction. LE needs to collect solid evidence. Not always, but finding a body before the arrest is often how it goes. My own thoughts and opinions and prayers.

Agree patience!
I pray for them the wisdom to unravel this...

JMO

But Maya is a civilian contractor and her husband is ex-military. Surely NCIS jurisdiction is limited only to Navy business, and no further.

There's no reason why civilian police can't conduct the investigation that results in the perpetrator being brought to justice in this case IMO.

Military family here. NCIS may not prosecute, but they won't stop until they find out what happened to their contractor.

Not much new, but Maya's family is keeping her search in the news:
Family Searches for Answers 40 Days After Disappearance of Chula Vista Mom May ‘Maya' Millete
From the article:
From the moment you hear the first notes of May “Maya” Millete’s guitar ring out and the pitch of her voice, you immediately understand why her mother gave her the nickname Maya.

Born in the Philippines, Maya -- the 39-year-old sister, wife and mother of three -- was nicknamed after the Eurasian tree sparrows that fill the skies and ears of Filipinos living in their home country. Now her family's yearning to hear her songs in person again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beaverton