CA CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank You. Yet, I thought LM said home schooled. Was that schedule happening where school was physically back in session? Was it a disrupted schedule due to Covid because as far as I know schools were virtual school only then? (school closed for my GD on other side of Chula Vista) I do remember the Principal said he knew Maya was missing by Sunday night, wasn't it? What a very involved principal. Well, LM is the one suggesting he left the house Friday leaving Maya with the girls to be home schooled.

I do have to agree with you that it doesn't sound like Maricris knows things about Maya's life that I'd expect for close sisters. Maricris said the whole big family got together often, almost every other weekend.

I think Maricris and Richard are doing a wonderful job keeping the missing Maya in the news. They truly love Maya. They are under great stress too, so I don't want to seem critical of them.

I've been looking to Maricris and Richard doing all these interviews to give more details and fill in the blanks. I just wish they could answer these lingering questions as we're still trying to figure basic things out.

What are the true details of that Friday? Were the girls suppose to go physically to school? I realize they can't be sharing lots of stuff with the general public, but so many people are concerned that those girls were left home alone that Friday without a way to contact either parent.

It wasn't a known fact, then, that Maya had a separate bedroom with a locked door. Maricris wasn't aware of it. She seemed to think, wasn't sure, they slept together and it was both their master bedroom.

What about the locked door? Could someone please answer more questions about that door being locked from the outside needing a key LM finally found?
You can see the love that Maricris and her husband have for May. They continue to keep searching and keeping May’s case in the media.

However, I read early on that the plan was to go to Big Bear that Saturday, not that Friday

29:38 - Maricris definitely says that "She's [Maya] not working that day [Friday], cause, you know, they had a plan to go up to Big Bear that Friday, the girls aren't prepared"

That's why I think they were so concerned initially on that Friday evening, because they knew Maya was planning to go up earlier than planned/others.

29:38 - Maricris definitely says that "She's [Maya] not working that day [Friday], cause, you know, they had a plan to go up to Big Bear that Friday, the girls aren't prepared"

That's why I think they were so concerned initially on that Friday evening, because they knew Maya was planning to go up earlier than planned/others.
My next questions would be if Maya's husband was planning to go to Big Bear to celebrate his daughter's 11th birthday, as well? Maricris hasn't mentioned that one way or the other. Maya may have been planning to leave for Big Bear some time that Friday. What LM did was take off early 6:30 a.m. Friday morning with their son and didn't return until 5:00 p.m. Friday night. Wasn't he going to celebrate daughter's birthday too? Did he expect to come home and find Maya and the girls gone off to Big Bear? Oh, they were still there...nothing fazed him one way or the other.

He didn't seem to think he was suppose to leave for Big Bear. Even when he thinks he heard Maya downstairs, he doesn't go ask about this Big Bear trip. When we leaving or when are you leaving? Aren't the girls bugging him, that Maya is not coming out of that locked room, when he gets back from being gone all day. They're suppose to leave for Big Bear! JMO, how not weird that Maya's family is alarmed early on and LM is so unconcerned. MOO and all.

My next questions would be if Maya's husband was planning to go to Big Bear to celebrate his daughter's 11th birthday, as well? Maricris hasn't mentioned that one way or the other. Maya may have been planning to leave for Big Bear some time that Friday. What LM did was take off early 6:30 a.m. Friday morning with their son and didn't return until 5:00 p.m. Friday night. Wasn't he going to celebrate daughter's birthday too? Did he expect to come home and find Maya and the girls gone off to Big Bear? Oh, they were still there...nothing fazed him one way or the other.

He didn't seem to think he was suppose to leave for Big Bear. Even when he thinks he heard Maya downstairs, he doesn't go ask about this Big Bear trip. When we leaving or when are you leaving? Aren't the girls bugging him, that Maya is not coming out of that locked room, when he gets back from being gone all day. They're suppose to leave for Big Bear! JMO, how not weird that Maya's family is alarmed early on and LM is so unconcerned. MOO and all.
If he went to the New Year's trip with Maya's extended family and things were already bad, I can't see how he wasn't going to his daughter's birthday trip. He could've missed the other trip, his daughter's though? It would be strange.

^^^ Why would someone ask Chris McDonough if he knew if the refrigerator door got damaged from collecting evidence from search warrant search of the home? He didn't know. Who would know that other than the residents or LE?
MOO and many question marks.

We don’t actually know the fridge is dented do we? Or have I missed some factual evidence?

We don’t actually know the fridge is dented do we? Or have I missed some factual evidence?
No, please read my question, I didn't ever imply it was dented, That was somebody else. I'm clueless as to why someone asked that question. I understood the question to be about the refrig door being damaged by the search warrant event. See, I thought it was damaged from collecting evidence. The question was on the podcast, but it may be a rumor from another group.

This was my initial question after listening and watching the podcast.
^^^ Why would someone ask Chris McDonough if he knew if the refrigerator door got damaged from collecting evidence from search warrant search of the home? He didn't know. Who would know that other than the residents or LE?

I'd speculate that the dent has a vague resemblance to a head shape and whether it was caused by her head or happened afterwards moo

This all started when someone asked a question at the very end of the podcast. I've bolded what we said here that mentions it. I never said it was dented. Never ever thought that. Then, a member here merely speculated that the door could've been dented. Listen, JMO, if that refrigerator has any strange dents they found during the search warrant being served, you would've have seen or heard that LE took the refrig too.

I have a theory about the rooms. In Larry's interview, he stated that Maya was sleeping downstairs and he was upstairs. They lived like roommates and that he could hear her sleeping with the kids in the other room. Now, according to Maricris, the Master Bedroom is upstairs. So, unless there was a miscommunication between siblings, that means Maya's brother knocked on the wrong door. Why would Larry tell him to knock on the Master bedroom when Maya was sleeping downstairs like he said in his interview? If she wanted "space" like Larry said, why is she sharing the same bedroom with him? Is it possible she was in the house when her brother came looking for her but she didn't answer because she was in the room downstairs? This could have a rational explanation but from what I gather, there's something wrong here. Just my amateur speculation obviously.

I got this information from the McDonough interview with Maricris and Richard as well as Larry's phone interview. Hopefully, posting thoughts based on that information is acceptable here. I'm new here and I'm afraid to break the rules.

MOO but from listening to The interview with Vinnie On Court TV ..I got the impression someone was not happy that his wife was taking all of his kids to Big Bear. Evidently he told Maricris he took his son with him on Friday to keep MM from taking all of his kids to Big Bear without him.He felt he should go.
So. Was it rage? ...like the rage OJ had not being invited to dinner after his kids recital.
2/22/21 The Unsolved Casefile: Where is Maya Millete? - Court TV
Vinnie DID bring up the fact that LM referred to them as “my kids” not “our kids” when talking in interviews .

@LindsayXO I agree there’s definitely some discrepancies with the upstairs vs downstairs bedroom scenarios :)

Yes. And for some reason I just can't let it go. Couples sleeping in separate bedrooms isn't that unusual but I feel like it's significant in this situation.

Another thing that bothered me is Larry saying that the kids were sleeping with Maya downstairs. This could have been just this once, on rare occasions, or all the time. I don't exactly understand how parenting works but relocating 3 kids to a room that is away from the rest sounds like a ton of work to me. This was just an observation and not based in fact so MOO

@LindsayXO I agree there’s definitely some discrepancies with the upstairs vs downstairs bedroom scenarios :)

Yes. And for some reason I just can't let it go. Couples sleeping in separate bedrooms isn't that unusual but I feel like it's significant in this situation.

Another thing that bothered me is Larry saying that the kids were sleeping with Maya downstairs. This could have been just this once, on rare occasions, or all the time. I don't exactly understand how parenting works but relocating 3 kids to a room that is away from the rest sounds like a ton of work to me.

Oops. Accidentally posted this twice and now I don't know how to delete it. I'm sorry!

Seems you’ve taken offence when no offence was intended. It was just a question.
Thanks
No, I didn't take offense. Honest. Just trying to set the record straight right away in my response. I tried hard to pose my initial question after the podcast carefully. I never want to start a rumor here on this site that strives for accuracy.

This all started when someone asked a question at the very end of the podcast. I've bolded what we said here that mentions it. I never said it was dented. Never ever thought that. Then, a member here merely speculated that the door could've been dented. Listen, JMO, if that refrigerator has any strange dents they found during the search warrant being served, you would've have seen or heard that LE took the refrig too.

I also want to know more about that comment. What's the deal with the fridge and why is it significant? That came out of nowhere in the live stream and I've been wondering about it ever since.

MOO but from listening to The interview with Vinnie On Court TV ..I got the impression someone was not happy that his wife was taking all of his kids to Big Bear. Evidently he told Maricris he took his son with him on Friday to keep MM from taking all of his kids to Big Bear without him. He felt he should go.
So. Was it rage? ...like the rage OJ had not being invited to dinner after his kids recital.
Vinnie DID bring up the fact that LM referred to them as “my kids” not “our kids” when talking in interviews .
Thank You for including the link too. Wow, I hadn't heard that explanation before. This puts a different slant on it. At about the 13:50 mark, Maricris says LM told her he didn't want Maya to take all three kids to Big Bear if he wasn't going to be there. My own speculations are he left with son Friday for other reasons, perhaps knowing already there'd be no Maya leaving for the Big Bear trip. That's MOO though.

She also said that it was LM who initially told her about the marriage problems. We know already that they went to marriage counseling and were still arguing. Who made that divorce lawyer appt. for Jan. 12th? Sudden rage or cold planning type rage?

Marital problems and arguments for a year can certainly build up to rage. Early on, the news reported there were no DV or calls to that address in the past however long. It might be LM was planning to go to Big Bear until that argument. Why couldn't he go? I don't think that's been clarified. Maya's family seemed gracious and somewhat loyal to LM as a family member. Heartbreaking for them now that LM has cut them off.

MOO, just MOO, on New Year's weekend LM was there with the whole family, and now he can't seem to talk to any of them, or look them or anybody else in the face.

All MOO

...Another thing that bothered me is Larry saying that the kids were sleeping with Maya downstairs...snipped to reply...
You're right, the last time the daughters ever saw Maya was Thursday. As far as LM describing Friday night, I heard it as LM was upstairs with the children when he heard Maya downstairs rustling around in the kitchen maybe getting something to eat.

Listen here:
Phone call with husband of missing Chula Vista mom, Maya Millete - ABC 10NEWS San Diego - Omny.fm

Was there even a downstairs bedroom?
Maricris went over the bedrooms, but I can't remember if any were downstairs. I know she said the little boy's bedroom was also used for storage. There was a loft. In any case, you're right to be questioning what LM's tale says about that Friday night, but you and I don't have to believe it. JMO

The Interview Room

I agree there’s definitely some discrepancies with the upstairs vs downstairs bedroom scenarios

The most logical explanation would seem to be that the common areas like kitchen, living and dining rooms are on the main floor. The master bedroom and 2 of the other (kids) bedrooms are on the second floor. Then above that would be the loft area.

You're right, the last time the daughters ever saw Maya was Thursday. As far as LM describing Friday night, I heard it as LM was upstairs with the children when he heard Maya downstairs rustling around in the kitchen maybe getting something to eat.

Listen here:
Phone call with husband of missing Chula Vista mom, Maya Millete - ABC 10NEWS San Diego - Omny.fm

Was there even a downstairs bedroom?
Maricris went over the bedrooms, but I can't remember if any were downstairs. I know she said the little boy's bedroom was also used for storage. There was a loft. In any case, you're right to be questioning what LM's tale says about that Friday night, but you and I don't have to believe it. JMO

The Interview Room

Yes! I agree. Red herrings are often created when focusing in the wrong direction. I really don't want to cause any misinformation on this forum so I'm trying to choose my words carefully. It does seem like a strange thing to lie about though which is why I believe both Larry and Maricris to be truthful about their statements regarding the sleeping arrangements. I also did some amateur sleuthing and managed to find out enough information about their house that makes me feel fairly convinced that there is one bedroom downstairs. Nobody should take it as gospel but it does make me feel more certain that Maya was most likely sleeping in a room downstairs. It's creepy how much information is actually on the internet.

Last edited:
MOO but from listening to The interview with Vinnie On Court TV ..I got the impression someone was not happy that his wife was taking all of his kids to Big Bear. Evidently he told Maricris he took his son with him on Friday to keep MM from taking all of his kids to Big Bear without him.He felt he should go.
Great post!

So we know Maya and Larry argued and did not get along on the New Years camping trip to Glamis. Less than a week later Maya has a trip to Big Bear planned to celebrate their daughter's 11th birthday. But Larry isn't invited to join in the celebration. To me, this is clearly a simmering pot just waiting to boil over. I can see how even the smallest of arguments at that point, ignited into a deadly fight. I think Maya was strangled in a heat of passion fight Thursday night. The rest of what happened was disposal and cover-up, MOO.

Maya did not leave her kids, family, or job behind to start a new life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kdillon