CA CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I truly hope LM wasn't involved.. I can't help but think if he was, did he listen to "97 Bonnie and Clyde" (Eminem) on his drive to the beach that morning.... MOO
I really hope he wasn’t involved as well. I remain open minded, waiting for facts.

amateur opinion and speculation

The fact that Maya’s car is still there is a big read flag to me. It rules out a Carolyn Killaby type situation. Fact she didnt have a child with her rules out a Heidi Broussard type situation too.

He didn't. He took her Lexus which also had vanity plates "MAYLANI".

Human remains in East County appear unrelated to missing mom | cbs8.com
Published: 6:54 PM PST February 4, 2021 / Updated: 6:54 PM PST February 4, 2021

Officers also impounded a black Lexus SUV, which the husband was believed to be driving on Friday, January 8, the day after Millete was last seen, according to family members. The SUV had a personalized license plate, MAYLANI.

Larry Millete told officers he drove his four-year-old son to the beach in the Lexus on that Friday, according to family members, who also said they tried unsuccessfully that day to reach the husband on his cell phone.

“They left at 6:30 a.m. in the morning to go to Solana Beach and they didn't come back until about 5 p.m. in the afternoon,” Drouaillet said.
that timeline seems to fit with a boat rental. Boat rentals start at 8 am that explains the need to leave so early.

the time he was gone seems to suggest he went far away. I wouldn't be surprised if he went as far as big bear or lake arrowhead
Agreed. He mentions Temecula several times during his interview, and he would likely pass through on his way to Big Bear. Makes me wonder if she would be there, or Big Bear making it seem like she actually ended up going for her daughters birthday but stopped for a hike and got lost/hurt.

I've always leaned towards a fast late Thursday night trip, freaking out after the argument, close by. However, from all reports it might have to be early Friday morning quick unloading in the CV surrounding area, then up north to Solana Beach, maybe Temecula area, either as a ruse or to hide her phone. Sometimes I get lost in this case though because we have so few facts to sleuth on.

So you're not leaning towards any help? The Panel seems to think he did have help, and they specifically warned this unknown person to call CVPD and give up what they know, if they were involved in helping.

MOO, I agree LM moved evidence locally to a location he’s familiar with, we are all creatures of habit. He , LM I believe disposed of evidence Thursday at or near a familiar location, the Friday trip was a misdirection, ploy, he was riddled with guilt, and surrounded by a potential crime (his house ), it would be “ mind numbing “ as he as he put it. Friday was a, let me get a clear head day so he stayed away, and see what I need to do next, if the police or family come to house, I won’t be home, so I don’t have to deal them, my speculation. CVPD is an excellent LE agency this case is priority, I’m sure it’s being briefed, debriefed several times a day and every possibility, angle, piece of technology is being used, a break will come soon.

Agreed. He mentions Temecula several times during his interview, and he would likely pass through on his way to Big Bear. Makes me wonder if she would be there, or Big Bear making it seem like she actually ended up going for her daughters birthday but stopped for a hike and got lost/hurt.
problem with hiding her on land though is how would Larry did a hole and fill it without the 4 year old noticing. It would be interesting to see what the 4 year said Larry did with that time.

Last edited:
problem with hiding her on land though is how would Larry did a hole and fill it without the 4 year old noticing. It would be interesting to see what the 4 year said Larry did with that time.
To kind of jump off of this, I wondered if there was a spot that was close to a beach where he could leave his son to play in the sand or keep him distracted enough to leave him to do something with the body. I'm not sure that would work either, for fear the child would get hurt or try to find him while in the process. I just thought-his son is distracted, playing in some sand (see we were at the beach) and he could do something with her without being seen and still have the beach alibi. Hopefully that makes sense. Moo

To kind of jump off of this, I wondered if there was a spot that was close to a beach where he could leave his son to play in the sand or keep him distracted enough to leave him to do something with the body. I'm not sure that would work either, for fear the child would get hurt or try to find him while in the process. I just thought-his son is distracted, playing in some sand (see we were at the beach) and he could do something with her without being seen and still have the beach alibi. Hopefully that makes sense. Moo
Hiding the body in the ocean or near that beach would be too easy to find, I dont think it would be that simple.

Kids often fall asleep in rides in cars. I suspect LM did something with her while his son was sleeping.

If a child were present, they could be given child Benadryl to sleep.
If a body dump transpired outdoors, I agree the remains would have been dumped down a steep embankment; not buried.

We do not know who is responsible, or if a crime took place. However, all possibilities should be considered.

If a child were present, they could be given child Benadryl to sleep.
If a body dump transpired outdoors, I agree the remains would have been dumped down a steep embankment; not buried.

We do not know who is responsible, or if a crime took place. However, all possibilities should be considered.

Yeah something quick like thrown off a boat or buried in a trash can, thrown off an embankment. Embankments that are not heavily populated are kinda hard to come by in socal though

Last edited:

This has me wondering about someone meeting him at the beach and watching the kid for him while he goes to "run an errand".... idk. Big Bear trip bugs me too because they should have been getting ready, all signs point to him knowing they wouldn't be going. :rolleyes: not sure what kind of terrain her SUV would hold up to, but out east/south would make sense to me. Especially south, where you're getting closer to the border. There are still open spaces that are not populated. UGH. Where is Maya? :(

A 4 year old can be bamboozled. A 4 year old wouldn't wonder what was in a tote or duffle bag or roll of carpet. A 4 year old could be told to wait in a (locked) car for a really long time, and not even in a distress. A 4 year old COULD remember being near a lake.

I'd be really interested to know what the girls were told or believed. Did they think Maya was locked in her room, altogether silent and unresponsive, or did they believe and/or think Maya was gone, especially since her car was gone? Perhaps they believed/assumed mom, dad and brother were off somewhere and were comfortable with that...

May LE get the evidence they need to find Maya and arrest the person who made her gone.

JMO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members