CA CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Been following this case since the very beginning, it haunts me, I hope she is just ''taking a break'', a long one but one can hope, please God bring Maya home to her beautiful children. 2 months missing today. We will not give up Maya. Justice will prevail, I hope the investigators have something under their vest. Praying for your safe return, godspeed. ✌

I wonder more and more if Larry has a part in this. It just doesn’t make any sense. If he thought she left willingly why wouldn’t he have shown more concern after, say a week? Even if they were near divorce, he seemed to still care for her in his own way just by saying “she wanted space, I didn’t need space.”

Once it was clear that this was more serious and it got to the point that there were large scale searches going on, human behaviour would kick you into gear. As in, ok she’s actually missing, I have to do something because my wife is missing and that trumps marital problems!

Frankly it sounds like someone gave Maya her space.

With finality.

JMO
Agree this is looking very grim. However, I am forcing myself to keep an open mind. I’ve been flabbergasted by unexpected outcomes before. Time will tell.

Praying for a conclusion to this case soon!

amateur opinion and speculation

Oops and sorry. I just remembered that we aren’t supposed to bring quotes over from private FB groups, so I shouldn’t have answered the question about it. Also, for future reference. for the official public Maya group we can paraphrase, not quote, comments by admins only. Per TOS and m0d instructions.

A
Oops and sorry. I just remembered that we aren’t supposed to bring quotes over from private FB groups, so I shouldn’t have answered the question about it. Also, for future reference. for the official public Maya group we can paraphrase, not quote, comments by admins only. Per TOS and m0d instructions.

Oh! I thought it was ok to quote comments by Admin of a group support page run by family. Am I misunderstanding the following?

“Posts by an owner or admin may be copied, quoted, or paraphrased. This refers primarily to posts or tweets by MSM reporters, announcements by law enforcement, the admin of a group support page (a page run by family)”

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/social-media-facebook-twitter-etc.291123/

(Man, is this site running super slow? Hard for me to post!)

A

Oh! I thought it was ok to quote comments by Admin of a group support page run by family. Am I misunderstanding the following?

“Posts by an owner or admin may be copied, quoted, or paraphrased. This refers primarily to posts or tweets by MSM reporters, announcements by law enforcement, the admin of a group support page (a page run by family)”

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/social-media-facebook-twitter-etc.291123/

You’re right and I should have looked up the TOS instead of going by my admittedly wonky memory. Thanks for the correction. But the site I replied to was a private member-only site, so even just paraphrasing posts from there was not according to TOS, as I understand it, and certainly not cut and paste.

Yes! Super slow.

A
I've been having a bit of trouble all day too. Thanks for copying the social media rule regarding Facebook admin posts, tvscum is within TOS.

Find May/Maya Millete

Above is the link to the only WS-approved, official MM missing Public Facebook page. This is a community page, requires no login to view, and updated by authorized admin for MM family.

Private FB groups mean exactly what they say - private, and cannot be discussed on the main thread.

There have been several posts about which "FB group" to join and these private groups/pages should not be confused with the public link above.

Last edited:
Just posting some links with areas searched. And the family has drones now:

Bones found during search for missing mom appear to be animal | cbs8.com

" Sunday February 28, 2021 ...

...The volunteer reported finding the [animal] bones in the grass near Dehesa Rd and Sloane Canyon Road in Dehesa, a community east of El Cajon.

...Volunteers conducted three organized searches on Sunday
...One search began at 8 a.m. Sunday at the Elfin Forest Recreational Reserve.
...The second search started at 1 p.m. at Lake Hodges near the parking lot on Lake Drive.

...A separate search began at 1 p.m. on Sunday at the Otay Valley Regional Park, which is closer to the home where Millete lived with her husband Larry and three children. ..."

Maya Millete: Sunday marks 2 months since Chula Vista mom's disappearance

"Sunday March 7, 2021

...A prayer rally and March were held at 3:30 p.m. following another search at 9 a.m.

...“We got drones now. We’re looking into getting maybe some water drones,” Richard [Drouaillet] said.

Sunday’s search took place in Upper Otay Lakes. ..."

In looking at an aerial map it appears their is a waste water plant in that area, and the Otay Lakes County Park then extends and becomes the Otay Mountain Wilderness region. That region borders Mexico, and is likely heavily patrolled. If any Perp was dumb enough to venture that far in, they might have been captured on some border surveillance.

Amateur opinion and speculation

its also close to the TJ airport.

They don't even stop you on the way in by car, unless they think you seem suspicious. Getting back out though requires showing a passport and it's all videotaped and ran through computer systems, so not likely anyone would risk that.

*edited to change pronouns*

you dont need a passport to drive back in. we go periodically and just use our DL and birth cert. but it takes a very long wait to get back across and of course LE would know if he did.

I was wondering if anybody has seen confirmation of the identity of the body found yesterday on Coronado Beach? Reports Ive read from news stations just said “a body”. It did not list if it was male or female. Maybe they couldn’t tell? MOO. It was reported that there were no visible signs of foul play. ARE there visible signs if one was strangled? MOO

if it was a body that had been dead for an extended period, it would be too decomposed to tell but generally strangulation breaks your hyoid bone so thats how they usually tell during an autopsy.

D
aily Beast article:
A Cali Mom Vanished Months Ago. Her Husband Has Gone Silent.

—-
By Saturday, however, when May hadn’t contacted anyone, her family took matters into their own hands. They demanded her husband open the bedroom door.
“The room was empty. There were no signs that anyone had left the room through a window either,” Drouaillet said,”

—-
Larry Millete, who has never been named a suspect in the disappearance of his wife, said in a text message to The Daily Beast that the ordeal “has been difficult for everyone.”

However, he declined to say why he’d stopped cooperating with police. “Everything I say or do seems to be misconstrued or conveyed differently,” he wrote, adding that some media coverage had “manipulated the public’s opinion.”

My kids and I are coping as best as we can,” he wrote. “I keep them busy, which in turn keeps me busy.”
—-

I had wondered if the locked room had another door that one could exit from, but I’m thinking there must only be a window, since that’s what the BIL mentioned.

Good article with more bits of facts that haven’t been in other articles (that I’m aware of), worthy of discussion.

bbm
I didn't know there were FB comments by the admins from the missing FB pages for Maya ?
But thanks for clarifying.
Poor Maya... Where is she ???
Hoping for a break soon.
LE do not seem to be looking outward at all. :(
I WISH the husband would cooperate with LE if only in order to clear himself !
If I was this person, I'd be front and center cooperating and holding pressers and basically bothering the heck out of LE, by begging them for updates and any leads.
Not to mention out searching.

Finding Maya should be the only thing that matters --- not what anyone is saying or thinking about her husband.
Imo.

bbm
I didn't know there were FB comments by the admins from the missing FB pages for Maya ?
But thanks for clarifying.
Poor Maya... Where is she ???
Hoping for a break soon.
LE do not seem to be looking outward at all. :(
I WISH the husband would cooperate with LE if only in order to clear himself !
If I was this person, I'd be front and center cooperating and holding pressers and basically bothering the heck out of LE, by begging them for updates and any leads.
Not to mention out searching.

Finding Maya should be the only thing that matters --- not what anyone is saying or thinking about her husband.
Imo.

I’m not sure if I clarified or not. ;) See posts by Slowpoke and Seattle for more clarity. The admin posts often have the name of the page, rather than their personal FB page, but not always, so don’t take anything I say as gospel. :D

Daily Beast article:
A Cali Mom Vanished Months Ago. Her Husband Has Gone Silent.

—-
By Saturday, however, when May hadn’t contacted anyone, her family took matters into their own hands. They demanded her husband open the bedroom door.
“The room was empty. There were no signs that anyone had left the room through a window either,” Drouaillet said,”

—-
Larry Millete, who has never been named a suspect in the disappearance of his wife, said in a text message to The Daily Beast that the ordeal “has been difficult for everyone.”

However, he declined to say why he’d stopped cooperating with police. “Everything I say or do seems to be misconstrued or conveyed differently,” he wrote, adding that some media coverage had “manipulated the public’s opinion.”

My kids and I are coping as best as we can,” he wrote. “I keep them busy, which in turn keeps me busy.”
—-

I had wondered if the locked room had another door that one could exit from, but I’m thinking there must only be a window, since that’s what the BIL mentioned.

Good article with more bits of facts that haven’t been in other articles (that I’m aware of), worthy of discussion.
i wonder what he means by keeping busy. Just try and forget whats going on and try to live a normal life again? MOO . Missing loved one means fight mode, not flight mode. is LM communicating with LE for updates everyday? Oh wait, i forgot, he cut all ties with LE. So, im wondering, what he's doing to keep himself busy.

MOO

i wonder what he means by keeping busy. Just try and forget whats going on and try to live a normal life again? MOO . Missing loved one means fight mode, not flight mode. is LM communicating with LE for updates everyday? Oh wait, i forgot, he cut all ties with LE. So, im wondering, what he's doing to keep himself busy.

MOO
That is indeed an odd statement.
I'd be a wreck !
And if I had young children I might have to have some outside help from extended family and in-laws, as they'd (the children) be missing their parent, too !
Not to mention how badly their daily lives would be upended. :(
MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads