CA CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he was telling the truth that Little misrepresented himself since he did mention NCIS coming by first in his only in person interview. I do think he could have made a mistake by letting Little in without verifying who he was because he was in a paranoid headspace about appearing innocent
Great points. He did mention NCIS. I was wondering why he'd let Little in, and have to consider Little "kind of" misrepresented himself in some way to get in the door. LM made the mistake of letting him in and giving him the tour due to trying to appear innocent and helpful, his high anxiety, and his over-confidence. Little seems like a honest, credible person so I don't know if he'd actually misrepresent himself though.

All MOO and thoughts.

MM was reported missing on January 10, and CVP Department served a search warrant at the Millete home on January 23.

Given the latest information that Attorney/PI Billy Little Jr. conducted a walk-through of the Millete residence with Larry on Monday, January 11, -- possibly under false pretense, I'm very concerned about spoiled evidence.

Did Little present himself to CVP as a witness after he entered the Millete home on Jan 11? Did CVP rely on Little's "witness statement" when seeking a search warrant?

While I'm sure that Attorney/PI Little shares MM's family's frustration that MM has not been located and/or recovered, I'm concerned his purpose for speaking out now is motivated in part by some degree of self-preservation/protection.

Important to recognize that Mr. Little does not have subpoena or warrant powers to collect evidence. It's easy to understand why CVP would ask Mr. Little not to have contact with LM (or his family).

For CVP to obtain a search warrant for the residence, they had to satisfy certain criteria to justify the issuance of a search warrant.

The purpose of having a judge issue the warrant…instead of the police or a prosecutor…is to ensure that a neutral, detached individual evaluates the circumstances of the criminal investigation.

But before the judge can sign off, two requirements must be met: the judge must reasonably believe (1) that a misdemeanor or felony has been committed,
and (2) that evidence of that criminal case is likely to be found in the place(s) described in the search warrant.

If the facts presented in the warrant application are convincing, the judge must sign and issue the search warrant.

But before a judge issues a search warrant, he/she must have probable cause to do so.

Probable cause

“Probable cause” is a legal phrase. It refers to a “reasonable” belief that criminal activity is taking (or has taken) place. So before a judge issues a search warrant, he/she must have a reasonable belief that the person /property specifically described in the warrant application (otherwise known as an “affidavit”) will be found in the searched location.

Before finding that probable cause exists, the judge may question (under oath)
  • the officer,
  • prosecutor, or
  • state investigator who applied for the warrant, and
  • any witnesses that the requesting individual relied on to determine that a warrant was necessary.
These affidavits may be written or oral, and presented in person, via the telephone, by fax, or even e-mail. They also must contain the facts that establish the grounds for the application or the probable cause for believing that they exist. Affidavits are under penalty of perjury.

Although Mr. Little alleges Larry consented to his walking through the house and garage, LM texted the following to CBS/8 News.

News 8 reached out to the husband, Larry Millete, and he texted us the following messages regarding Little’s walk-through of his house on January 11 and other claims made by Little:

“He lied and presented himself as NCIS to gain access into my home. He misrepresented himself to gain access to my family’s home as well. Claiming to be NCIS. He lies and misrepresents himself. Posing to be law enforcement

Also I am not quite sure if impersonating NCIS is a crime, but it should be.

More lies, implications and speculations. I do not hate anyone, and just hope people can stop spreading lies and making our lives into entertainment in the media. We are already going through difficult times.

He’s been untruthful from the start and seems to be willing to do anything including manipulating the situation.

My wife is a good woman and she’s missing. Everything else is just noise.”

Little, the attorney, denied that he posed as a law enforcement officer or NCIS to gain access to the Millete home.

Attorney describes walk-through of Maya Millete’s South Bay house | cbs8.com

https://www.shouselaw.com/ca/defense/warrants/search-warrants/

I want to post LM’s most recent statement to the media from Attorney describes walk-through of Maya Millete’s South Bay house | cbs8.com

He lied and presented himself as NCIS to gain access into my home. He misrepresented himself to gain access to my family’s home as well. Claiming to be NCIS. He lies and misrepresents himself. Posing to be law enforcement

Also I am not quite sure if impersonating NCIS is a crime, but it should be.

More lies, implications and speculations. I do not hate anyone, and just hope people can stop spreading lies and making our lives into entertainment in the media. We are already going through difficult times.

He’s been untruthful from the start and seems to be willing to do anything including manipulating the situation.

IMO the last sentence LM says was a statement he felt obliged to give based on the feedback he read online from his first interview. He added in a present tense is and a compliment to his wife purposely IMO. Why is his atty not speaking for him anyway? Wouldn’t that be the safer route?
Also, what does he mean, “I don’t hate anyone”?? Whom is he referring to?

underline and bold applied by me. Moo

LM says that now after bad mouthing her to the world? What a hypocrite, to say the very least, but that's just my own opinion. :rolleyes: He had to quickly retain a defense attorney, so I suspect he's more worried about "the noise" than he is willing to admit.

All these details coming out now apply the pressure and poke at LM, but it does seem to put the children in further danger. Worried. ...MOO...

I keep wondering why the children aren’t at least temporarily removed from the home. Unbelievable not to side on caution in regards to the children.
Legally speaking, how could that be done? I'm seriously asking the question? Maybe a family member could call CPS and ask for a welfare check, but what if the kids seem to be doing ok and LM doesn't act sketchy? He hasn't been named or charged in Maya's disappearance. I shudder to think of a comparison to JP, but it's a serious possibility as the pressure begins to ramp up. Frightening ...

Thank you! Wow, lot's more details in the extended version.

• Larry said Maya punched the hole in the door :rolleyes:
  • There was also a hole in the bedroom wall, which had been repaired with same material as the door, but wasn't recent.
  • That weekend LM asked someone to borrow their gun cleaning equipment so he could clean his gun. He told the attorney he had been out firing his guns.
  • CVPD asked the attorney not to talk to LM any further, he didn't want to interfere with investigation so he never went back.
  • Garage had been cleaned, it was spotless. Someone told him the freezer was missing, he knew LM would lie about it so he did not ask him about it. The attorney told CVPD about the freezer, "at that point they were still accepting information from me, but they took no action. So I went to one of LM's relative's house and interviewed him. Inspected and took a photo of freezer. Relative told him he had been planning on taking that freezer for a long time. It was a coincidence that it happened within 24-30 hours of Maya going missing. The freezer was moved on Saturday, the 9th of January, not sure but thinks relative said in the morning".
  • LM would send text messages, sometimes numbering 100/day. Attorney feels LM was obsessed with Maya having an affair. He became more desperate as Maya moved toward a divorce. He used religion with family members and Maya through the beginning of 2020 through September, when it was not working with Maya, he tried to force her to read the bible, he read the bible to her on long trips and it would just annoy her. It was a way he tried to control her and try to get her to stay in the marriage. He tried to get her family and Pastor to talk to her and pressure her to stay.
  • Larry locked Maya out of the bank accounts, so she has to ask family for money to pay a divorce attorney. He changed the safe combo in the house. Even though she is the primary breadwinner in the marriage, she had no control over the money, LM did.
  • Maya filled out the divorce paperwork intake form on the Thursday she went missing. An appointment was scheduled for the following Tuesday. Maya had a three-way call with friends later that day around 5:30 and that was the last time anyone heard from her.
  • Attorney says LM had a conversation with an unnamed witness on December 25th, saying he wanted to kill Maya and her boyfriend, but he had to plan it well. Fast forward a week, on January 4th, he has another conversation with a person and asks if they would help him hire someone to kill Maya's for boyfriend for $20k. Three or four days later she goes missing.
  • Put that together with the way he tried to stall the family in reporting her missing. LM says he goes to the beach for 12 hours on Friday, leaving his phone at home. It's a strong circumstantial case when everything is put together.
Poor Maya. When you put it all in writing like that, its clear that LM's mental health was growing progressively worse. IMO. She must have been terrified.

I believe it was LM that first told the public he and his wife were having marital problems for about a year. I think it was after LM made these statements to several media sources that MM's family/sister - confirmed there was tension between the couple during the last family outing.

I think the family has been doing their best to wait LM out but I think something has happened behind the scenes for MM's sister to speak up about the divorce appointment, and MM needing a large sum of money.

In other words, we are now hearing about a motive for MM to go missing without a trace.

LM's controlling actions, marital problems, and now the probable motive regarding a divorce, seem to lead towards MM disappearing.
What further circumstantial evidence is required for an arrest : Cadaver evidence in the freezer, now at a relatives home.
MOO.

animated-easter-bunny-image-0009.gif
Have a pleasant Easter Sunday 2021 Everyone.

South Bay News (10news.com)
Can't find it in print, but heard it on the local news that some of Maya's family is in Hawaii this week. Maya was suppose to be there, too, and I imagine with the children.
Everything has changed for those poor children. Keeping them in my prayers.

I don't think the kids have been back to school physically yet, but CV schools will reopen April 12th. Parents will have the option to have their children remain on online learning.
Chula Vista elementary schools reopening: CVESD sets date for in-person classes (fox5sandiego.com)
Bet the girls will be anxious to go back to school. Will they be allowed to do so? Will LM allow them to have that normalcy? (He's stated before he's just trying to "protect" his family. Keep things normal "with" them, not for them.) Is keeping the kids away from Maya's family protecting them?) The community seems very involved in this case. The school principal knew Maya was missing that weekend, and you can imagine the girl's teachers may be even more worried about them than we are.

Here I am talking like the kids are prisoners, but it's also possible they don't want the police to come take their Daddy away. Everything has changed and it's not in a good way for those children, IMO.

Just my own take on the situation and MOO.

So now we know he had guns that he fired in the days around her going'missing', he cleaned everything and he was airing the house on an industrial level. He gave the freezer to relatives. There's the holes on door and wall too.
I honestly just thought he perhaps strangled her in the heat of an argument but all these point to seriously assaulting and shooting her imo.

So if her body was put in freezer straight away and all blood cleaned up, would the dogs alert to cadaver?

Also, I'm assuming that the body was put in the freezer and then taken 'to the beach' or taken with the freezer and then disposed of.
All my speculation only

I don’t know why, but I keep thinking about all the bodies that have been found over the years in Joshua Tree.
But having said that... I think it’s more likely she’s buried on private property. I support the theory that there are accomplices.

So now we know he had guns that he fired in the days around her going'missing', he cleaned everything and he was airing the house on an industrial level. He gave the freezer to relatives. There's the holes on door and wall too.
I honestly just thought he perhaps strangled her in the heat of an argument but all these point to seriously assaulting and shooting her imo.

So if her body was put in freezer straight away and all blood cleaned up, would the dogs alert to cadaver?

Also, I'm assuming that the body was put in the freezer and then taken 'to the beach' or taken with the freezer and then disposed of.
All my speculation only
Amateur opinion...*If* Maya was murdered with blood loss, and she ended up transported in the freezer, dogs detecting the scent might be deterred by bleach cleaning and the seal on the freezer.
However, even with deep cleaning, luminal should detect even minute blood traces.

If A gun were used, IWT neighbors would have heard a shot? (Unless a silencer was used?)

All speculation; we don’t even know if a crime took place...but it’s not looking good.
I am beginning to think the children know exactly what happened...all amateur opinion and speculation only.

I am worried for their safety.

amateur opinion and speculation

Doesn't it make more sense that the freezer was used for overnight storage? Then her body could've been disposed of that day. At a dumpster anywhere along that route..... or in a wide open area to give her all the space she needed.

The rustling in the kitchen may have been the sounds from wrapping her.

Or alternately, the rustling COULD HAVE been Maya herself, making a snack, just from much earlier in the day, like around the time she walked outside, on the phone.

If her body was only in the freezer for temporary storage AND not for transport, it'd be nothing but an empty freezer after that.

Then relative comes to get it.... freshly bleached, as one would do, before rehoming it...

JMO

Am also thinking about the bank accounts. Did she open up a new one, perhaps changed her bank details with employer? If she did that in early January then she wouldn't have got her salary until end of month perhaps.
Also, she could get cash daily from their joint account with her card, wouldn't she? Or did he stop her card as well? What is the max amount in US to take out daily through ATMmachines? (I think it's£400 in UK.)

How can someone block a joint account alone, don't you need both signatures for something like this?

Thank you! Wow, lot's more details in the extended version.

• Larry said Maya punched the hole in the door :rolleyes:
  • There was also a hole in the bedroom wall, which had been repaired with same material as the door, but wasn't recent.
  • That weekend LM asked someone to borrow their gun cleaning equipment so he could clean his gun. He told the attorney he had been out firing his guns.
  • CVPD asked the attorney not to talk to LM any further, he didn't want to interfere with investigation so he never went back.
  • Garage had been cleaned, it was spotless. Someone told him the freezer was missing, he knew LM would lie about it so he did not ask him about it. The attorney told CVPD about the freezer, "at that point they were still accepting information from me, but they took no action. So I went to one of LM's relative's house and interviewed him. Inspected and took a photo of freezer. Relative told him he had been planning on taking that freezer for a long time. It was a coincidence that it happened within 24-30 hours of Maya going missing. The freezer was moved on Saturday, the 9th of January, not sure but thinks relative said in the morning".
  • LM would send text messages, sometimes numbering 100/day. Attorney feels LM was obsessed with Maya having an affair. He became more desperate as Maya moved toward a divorce. He used religion with family members and Maya through the beginning of 2020 through September, when it was not working with Maya, he tried to force her to read the bible, he read the bible to her on long trips and it would just annoy her. It was a way he tried to control her and try to get her to stay in the marriage. He tried to get her family and Pastor to talk to her and pressure her to stay.
  • Larry locked Maya out of the bank accounts, so she has to ask family for money to pay a divorce attorney. He changed the safe combo in the house. Even though she is the primary breadwinner in the marriage, she had no control over the money, LM did.
  • Maya filled out the divorce paperwork intake form on the Thursday she went missing. An appointment was scheduled for the following Tuesday. Maya had a three-way call with friends later that day around 5:30 and that was the last time anyone heard from her.
  • Attorney says LM had a conversation with an unnamed witness on December 25th, saying he wanted to kill Maya and her boyfriend, but he had to plan it well. Fast forward a week, on January 4th, he has another conversation with a person and asks if they would help him hire someone to kill Maya's boyfriend for $20k. Three or four days later she goes missing.
  • Put that together with the way he tried to stall the family in reporting her missing. LM says he goes to the beach for 12 hours on Friday, leaving his phone at home. It's a strong circumstantial case when everything is put together.
WOWZERS. just wow. Hopefully CVPD is/was on top of this. wondering if LE even contacted the relative with the freezer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx