CA CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know if Grandpa Millette was at the home prior to Maya going missing? Or did LM’s family come afterward to help with the children etc? My memory is awful. Just curious. Obviously if he wasn’t at the home, he couldn’t have heard gunshots. Curiosity and speculation only.
I thought not, but I’m also not sure now. Maybe he showed up later in the evening? Someone had to be there with the daughters since LM left early. He claimed to leave Maya with the girls, not the other way around which is a strange way to say that, like the girls were watching her and not mom watching the girls.

I don’t remember where it was mentioned, but it was said there was no evidence she had packed for their Big Bear trip. I wonder why more wasn’t mentioned about the fact that Maya was discussing the trip the same day she went missing and there was no evidence that she’d begun packing, for her or her kids. If she left willingly (take a walk to cool off) there still would’ve been something partly packed or even her toiletries being prepared. Did someone clean up and put her things back? Is her suitcase or travel bag still in the house?

Interesting thoughts. Does a nail gun make that much noise though? Trying to picture what happened. It's 10 p.m. they're arguing, he found out about the divorce attorney appt., she huffs off and locks herself in the bedroom...

If LM did lose it, I always thought choking not using a gun. Six bullets would be like over kill. No way could you go to the beach the next day just locking the door because Saturday the family shows up. Who else was in the house other than the girls on Friday during the day? All my own thoughts here, just wondering if someone helped in some way. MOO

I don’t think they are that loud, and perhaps the sound of a nail gun would be shorter in duration. I agree six bullets is a lot...:(

I think everyone is underestimating what the authorities know and can't prove. The guilty party acted abruptly and without thought of the neighborhood full of cameras. This isn't a case that will benefit from amateur sleuthers...imo. The D.A. just needs enough to hold up in court.

Is the PD the same as the one that "investigated" the Rebecca Zahau case? That was Coronado right? Very close in distance.
Though that was some 10 years ago I think.
Sheriff Gore really got that case wrong, IMO. It may have been ten years ago, but it ain't over yet. Here's the latest developments in Rebecca Zahau case. No, Maya's case is being investigated by the Chula Vista Police Dept. with the help of the FBI. The District Attorney is also involved.

Zahau Family Wins Day in Court vs. Sheriff Gore, Seeking Proof of Murder - Times of San Diego March 23, 2021

Oh god. How is this guy still free?
Ok, let me see if I have this right.
-Wife has appointment with divorce attorney but never makes it; goes missing
-Same timeframe a freezer at the house is given away
-Six loud bangs are heard at Millete home; soon after children are playing in backyard at 10:30 at night

<modsnip: Rumor, no MSM to support>

-LM leaves around 6:00am with son to go to the beach
-LM says he had been shooting his guns
-Grandfather says (in front of children) that May’s family is looking for a dead body, but they(he/LM are waiting)

This could all be wrong; it’s from the various bits and pieces I’ve tried to keep up with in the thread. Feel free to correct if wrong.

This is a macabre circus at this point, with what appears to be a dangerous clown.
Aside from a body, I can’t imagine what else LE needs for an arrest.

amateur opinion and speculation

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t know, I picture a nail gun...or some sort of tool in the garage. Def sounds like a tool dropping. This could have also have been the sound of breaking into the room. So disturbing.

That came to my mind as well. I'm so used to that sound, plus wanting to come to some other reasonable explanation other than gun shots.

I don’t think they are that loud, and perhaps the sound of a nail gun would be shorter in duration. I agree six bullets is a lot...:(
At minimum, making that level of noise at that time of night is highly irregular, and given the circumstances, very suspicious.
Who would be rude enough to disturb the neighbors with a nail gun at 10pm?
Still sounds like shots to me, but I am no expert on that.

amateur opinion and speculation

Well, there were holes in the door and wall. We assumed it was punches, but it could have been gunshot holes that LM had attempted to repair.

This news also explains LM's splainin' away his need to clean his guns and the possibility of gunshot residue being on his hands, mere days after his wife went missing.

Today is the day. This man is a clear and present danger to everyone around him. :mad:

There was a warrant search of the residence on 23 January.
(12 Search Warrants have been executed).

https://www.chulavistaca.gov/home/showpublisheddocument?id=22510
From your link:
As is common in case like this, the Department began working closely with the San Diego County District Attorney’s Office and has been in frequent and consistent consultation with their office since January and continue to do so on a regular basis.
I read this as cops and lawyers working diligently together to build an ironclad case

“The family of Maya is looking for a dead body. We're still waiting,” he said.

"Words don't come from a vacuum"

Where does this come from?
Why does he believe this?
Note he doesn't say, "Maya's family believe they are looking for a dead body" so it's not ascribed to them as far as i know, it hasn't come from there. Again, where does it come from.?
Does he believe it himself, if so, why?
Does he have guilty knowledge?
Has he heard LE say it (over heard)
Does it come from MSM?
Could it be the passage of time?
Is she on medication?
What was the climate like when she went "missing".

Q's, Q's Q's......

It's very concerning.

6 bangs, sounding like gunshots heard night Maya Millete missing | cbs8.com

Last edited:
All this information that is rushing out at us now is new to us but I am sure that it is not new to LE.

I'm just wondering why it's all coming out now. Is someone leaking this info intentionally?

Things are heating up exponentially for the suspect (oh yeah, there is no POI), right.....

Hold onto your hats, we are at the top of the rollercoaster and about to go over the top.

MOO

All this information that is rushing out at us now is new to us but I am sure that it is not new to LE.

I'm just wondering why it's all coming out now. Is someone leaking this info intentionally?

Things are heating up exponentially for the suspect (oh yeah, there is no POI), right.....

Hold onto your hats, we are at the top of the rollercoaster and about to go over the top.

MOO

Yes ! THIS is what I’m thinking also.
Pressure IMO.

Moo as far as grandfather's words on Maya. I honestly believe it is just broken english. I do not read anything into the words. English is just not his first language. Moo

Been a member for a while, but never posted. Originally joined for the Tim Bosma case, and followed a few local stories between then and now. May's case caught my attention as it was shown here on the news in Canada.

Being a Filipino, it definitely is just broken English. What I gather he is trying to say is "her family thinks she is already dead and are looking for her body, but we still have hope and are waiting for her to come home." When he says something like "she is gone on her own" it doesn't reference suicide, but he is reiterating that she left the house on her own.

It is a lot. :(

Also interesting about LM borrowing gun cleaning supplies that weekend...

I just don't see how he could have cleaned up fully ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3