CA CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was a proper investigation ever done in the house, with a search warrant? Or does a homeowner need to be a POI first?
I don't remember.

Gun shots, holes in the walls, she made an appt. with a divorce attorney that day, the freezer being moved just when the wife goes missing, not to mention all the oddities in behavior of someone with texts, emails, her boss, witnesses, and the gruesome looking shrines to back up a year of unbalance within the marriage. LE must have noticed. How I wish Maya could be found. Those children have been influenced for three months by whatever they're being told.

No Person of Interest yet. Really?

All MOO and thoughts.

Was a proper investigation ever done in the house, with a search warrant? Or does a homeowner need to be a POI first?
I don't remember.

Yes, LE did a couple of walk throughs in the beginning, but I guess had to wait three weeks to get a search warrant. They had questioned LM extensively that week... well, it was termed LM helping LE find his wife, but that weekend after the questioning the search warrant was served. They used dogs then, and luminol, and finally impounded the Lexus LM took to the beach.

However, LE missed so much blood evidence in the case I have mentioned several times where Elizabeth Sullivan was "missing" in a freezer for two years before she showed up in the San Diego Bay. Her Navy husband got sentenced this year. That's the case LM might have known about more.

Search warrant is served at home of missing Chula Vista mother | cbs8.com
Published: 8:39 AM PST January 24, 2021

Missing Chula Vista Mom: Search Warrant Served At Maya Millete's Home (fox5sandiego.com)

Chula Vista family hires investigator to help in search for missing mom (10news.com)
"ABC 10News spoke to her husband on Thursday. He said he spent hours Wednesday night with detectives from Chula Vista Police trying to find his wife. He tells ABC 10News he is grateful for all of the search efforts."

News 8 obtained an audio recording of the gunshots, which already has been turned over to Chula Vista Police.

The neighbor who provided News 8 the recording wanted to remain anonymous and did not want the video portion aired on TV because it identifies their house.

It was recorded around 10 p.m. on Thursday, January 7, the same night Maya went missing and the same night her husband, Larry Millete, reportedly had an argument with his wife.

News 8 caught up Thursday afternoon with Larry Millete's father, Benito, walking to the park with two of his grandchildren.

Investigative producer David Gotfredson asked him about all the speculation swirling around the missing person case.

“The speculation is, Maya say... go by herself, OK? Just like the first statement, right?” the grandfather said.

News 8 also asked Benito Millete about the ongoing search for Maya.

“The family of Maya is looking for a dead body. We're still waiting,” he said.
6 bangs, sounding like gunshots heard night Maya Millete missing | cbs8.com
Holy sh$/

where there is smoke there is fire. Where there is gunshots...

this is so sad. The kids!!!! They were heard on surveillance 30 minutes after the gunshots playing in the backyard. So my speculation is that they were told to go outside and play while things were cleaned up/taken care of inside. Omg dreadful

MOO - shooting occurs at 10, and kids outside at 1030 - did the shots wake them up? Maybe they were told to go play outside while the body was moved. Doesn’t explain why he pretends to hear her Friday when MM was “cooking dinner” for herself. These poor children. The pressure is on, but I am getting nervous about these “leaks”. Feels like tipping their hand to the defense team.

6 loud bangs the night MM went missing, just posted 35minutes ago on youtube. any confirmation if this is legit? (Video below)
I feel speechless right now. The shots are chilling. I hear something between 2-3 seconds. Anyone else hear it? Do you think it’s the dog whining?
I hear a ping like a bullet hit metal, then there's a dog, maybe the only one paying attention to the big noise happening on the block. You'd think neighbors would be gawking out their windows and calling LE. It almost sounds like someone target practicing. I just can't believe no neighbors in got the Police there immediately. Those sound like gun shots not fireworks.

I have to respect that LE has kept all these details close to the vest and have kept the integrity of their investigation a priority. They are moving towards a goal.

I hear a ping like a bullet hit metal, then there's a dog, maybe the only one on the block noticing the noise. It sounds like someone target practicing. I just can't believe no neighbors in got the Police there immediately. Those sound like gun shots not fireworks.

I have to respect that LE has kept all these details close to the vest and have kept the integrity of their investigation a priority. They are moving towards a goal.

I don’t know, I picture a nail gun...or some sort of tool in the garage. Def sounds like a tool dropping. This could have also have been the sound of breaking into the room. So disturbing.

MOO - shooting occurs at 10, and kids outside at 1030 - did the shots wake them up? Maybe they were told to go play outside while the body was moved. Doesn’t explain why he pretends to hear her Friday when MM was “cooking dinner” for herself. These poor children. The pressure is on, but I am getting nervous about these “leaks”. Feels like tipping their hand to the defense team.
It's easy to get confused, but shots happened on Thursday night. LM heard her rustling in the kitchen on Friday night.

Some cities use ShotSpotter to detect gunshots. This technology can determine the location of gunshots and distinguish actual gunshots from fireworks. ShotSpotter Technology - ShotSpotter
If Chula Vista’s Ring/Neighbor app is anything like LA’s, there would have been at least one post asking if anyone else heard gunshots or fireworks. I hope other neighbors confirmed hearing those shots. The grandpa may not have heard them, but as loud as they were, someone else should be able to confirm.

I can’t believe all the info that’s come out the last few days. It’s more and more surprising to me that there isn’t at least a person of interest. Poi doesn’t necessarily equate to suspect, I wonder why LM wasn’t one and ruled out from the start, or why he isn’t one now. Especially since he was the last one to interact with her according to the timeline.

I picture a nail gun...or some sort of tool in the garage.
Interesting thoughts. Does a nail gun make that much noise though? Trying to picture what happened. It's 10 p.m. they're arguing, he found out about the divorce attorney appt., she huffs off and locks herself in the bedroom...

If LM did lose it, I always thought choking not using a gun. Six bullets would be like over kill. No way could you go to the beach the next day just locking the door because Saturday the family shows up. Who else was in the house other than the girls on Friday during the day? All my own thoughts here, just wondering if someone helped in some way. MOO

Last edited:
I think the only reason LM indicated he heard Maya cooking dinner was to give himself more leeway in the time line. MOO

If Chula Vista’s Ring/Neighbor app is anything like LA’s, there would have been at least one post asking if anyone else heard gunshots or fireworks. I hope other neighbors confirmed hearing those shots. The grandpa may not have heard them, but as loud as they were, someone else should be able to confirm.

I can’t believe all the info that’s come out the last few days. It’s more and more surprising to me that there isn’t at least a person of interest. Poi doesn’t necessarily equate to suspect, I wonder why LM wasn’t one and ruled out from the start, or why he isn’t one now. Especially since he was the last one to interact with her according to the timeline.
Do we know if Grandpa Millette was at the home prior to Maya going missing? Or did LM’s family come afterward to help with the children etc? My memory is awful. Just curious. Obviously if he wasn’t at the home, he couldn’t have heard gunshots. Curiosity and speculation only.

Interesting thoughts. Does a nail gun make that much noise though? Trying to picture what happened. It's 10 p.m. they arguing, he found out about the divorce attorney appt., she huffs off and locks herself in the bedroom...

If LM did lose it, I always thought choking not using a gun. Six bullets would be like over kill. No way could you go to the beach the next day just locking the door because Saturday the family shows up. Who else was in the house other than the girls on Friday during the day?
I also thought strangling; crime of passion, and, imo, it’s a very personal way to hurt someone. As soon as this became a big news story, I’d hope the other neighbors (like the one with the video) would have mentioned the sound to police too.

I also thought strangling; crime of passion, and, imo, it’s a very personal way to hurt someone. As soon as this became a big news story, I’d hope the other neighbors (like the one with the video) would have mentioned the sound to police too.
The news story linked says police have had this surveillance video for almost 3 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth