CA CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologize if you read my post to mean that LM's self-preservation more important than the health and welfare of the children.

To be clear, that is not the intent of my quoted post.

Oh no, I didn’t really. I was just thinking about the balance of risk they’ll have to consider. No apology required at all! :)

I expect the decision-making on that will come down to whether or not the children are safe and nothing else. They won’t balance it against the risk of LM hurting himself. Again, they have to have the proper justification for doing so.

I worry that as the net closes he’ll think he has nothing left to lose and react in the worst way. He sounds like he’s controlling - and that he has been unravelling for some time. People may just be possessions.
He hasn't been named a suspect, but I find it interesting CVPD along with the FBI are working with the District Attorney. That wouldn't be necessary if this was just a missing person's case.

He's had to try to hold it together for
these last three months. Gee, he thought it was embarrassing when Maya first went missing, now all eyes are on him... well, he's hiding, but the world is watching. We all know way too much about him now. What will happen if they find her, if LE closes in on him? Are the children safe?

I was trying to decide if having his parents around would keep him from harming the children if and when the net closes in on him. Who knows, he could do in his parents or relatives too. None of us can rest easy after what we've seen following cases especially one case where the children didn't make it out alive. So, yes, we have reason to worry about his mental state, IMO.

Absolutely my own opinions and thoughts.

It's my understanding the parents/grandparents are no longer living in the Millete residence.

I'm not certain which MSM was interviewing MM's sister recently where she confirmed that the house was somewhat in disarray around the time MM reported missing because LM's parents had been living with the Millete family and his parents were packing to relocate to Texas.

ETA: add link - NG crime stories podcast

Maya Millete: Husband was ‘very nervous’ & ‘shaky’ a day before mom-of-3’s reported disappearance, family says [EXCLUSIVE]

Last edited:
the kids are definitely being fed probably false info.. every day in seclusion by LM.
BiL mentions, during the nancy grace episode, that when MM's brother visited the house on friday to check on his sister.. eldest daughter just blurts out that their mom hasnt been seen for 11 hours (very specific) . MM's brother found it odd because he didnt even ask her anything.

MOO

Maya Millete: Husband was ‘very nervous’ & ‘shaky’ a day before mom-of-3’s reported disappearance, family says [EXCLUSIVE]

It's my understanding the parents/grandparents are no longer living in the Millete residence.

I'm not certain which MSM was interviewing MM's sister recently where she confirmed that the house was somewhat in disarray around the time MM reported missing because LM's parents had been living with the Millete family and his parents were packing to relocate to Texas.

ETA: add link - NG crime stories podcast

Did Maya's Brother or Father notice the freshly repaired hole in the door? Little said he saw it later when he went to the home. My point, potentially there are multiple witnesses who can testify to what they saw at the home.

ETM- to remove incorrect dates.

Last edited:
It's my understanding the parents/grandparents are no longer living in the Millete residence...
In the In the Daily Mail article LM's father was back at the house when Maricris went to check on the children back at the end of Jan. or start of February. I imagine his parents might be expecting a shoe to drop. I think they might be staying there, but not a fact but just my opinion. Somebody must be helping with the children... gosh, I hope so!

Mother-of-three who's been missing for a month had 'no positive communication' with her husband | Daily Mail Online
UPDATED: 05:30 EDT, 7 February 2021
"Maricris shared that the pair mostly chatted with Larry's father and with the children, who acted 'distant.' "

Did Maya's Father notice the freshly repaired hole in the door on January 8th? IIRC, Little said he saw it on the 9th. My point, multiple witnesses who can testify to what they saw at the home.
I don't recall any MSM reporting on what MM's brother or father saw at the Millete residence. To be clear, wasn't the brother at the home on Friday, Jan 8, her parents on Jan 9, and Little conducting a walk-through on Monday, Jan 11?

the kids are definitely being fed probably false info.. every day in seclusion by LM.
BiL mentions, during the nancy grace episode, that when MM's brother visited the house on friday to check on his sister.. eldest daughter just blurts out that their mom hasnt been seen for 11 hours (very specific) . MM's brother found it odd because he didnt even ask her anything.

MOO

I don't recall any MSM reporting on what MM's brother or father saw at the Millete residence. To be clear, wasn't the brother at the home on Friday, Jan 8, her parents on Jan 9, and Little conducting a walk-through on Monday, Jan 11?
Larry Millete reportedly claimed he didn’t realize his wife was missing until January 8, when her father came to the home.

You may be right on the dates, I posted after reading the CO link. My point- regardless of what has not been reported, others likely saw what Little did.

Last edited:
brother was definity there on friday, and her father stopped by on saturday, stuck around until the afternoon.. then sister and husband later on the night. LIttle did mention that when he arrived, LM was in the middle of cleaning.

There was also a youtuber lady (i'd have to find the link again), that did a phone interview with the brother. But she never played it, but posted it on her patreon for her listeners. I wish i couldve heard that interview.

brother was definity there on friday, and her father stopped by on saturday, stuck around until the afternoon.. then sister and husband later on the night. LIttle did mention that when he arrived, LM was in the middle of cleaning.

There was also a youtuber lady (i'd have to find the link again), that did a phone interview with the brother. But she never played it, but posted it on her patreon for her listeners. I wish i couldve heard that interview.
Thanks, @digdug6.

I sure wish @Tricia would interview MM's family on her YT too.

There is evidence then. They're working with the DA, so... MOO, it's only a matter of time. El Pollo Loco in Chula Vista and Bonita are raising funds for Maya's family to help in the search.

Restaurant holds fundraiser to aid in search for Maya Millete (fox5sandiego.com)
"Detectives are working with the FBI and San Diego County District Attorney’s Office in their efforts to find and analyze evidence in the case. They said every resource is being utilized in the search."

also

"Cases like this can hinge on the smallest piece of information which may lead to a break in the investigation. Due to the sensitivity of this case, we will not share details and compromise this investigation.”

Direct link to CVPD news release pdf now available. Easier to read than the image previously posted. ..

https://www.chulavistaca.gov/home/showpublisheddocument?id=22510
It is easier to read. This is exactly what I heard on the news report I mentioned.

• Interviews of 47 family members, friends, neighbors and witnesses.
• Written 12 search warrants to include residences, vehicles, cellular and electronic devices, call detail records, financial records, social media and cloud data. One of these warrants was for May’s home, which was searched on 01/23/2021.
• Reviewed over 40 tips on May’s possible location and reason for disappearance. These tips have come from the local community and from around the country.

and

"...Starting today, the Chula Vista Police Department will be updating this release every two weeks until significant information or a break in the case occurs in the investigation. These updates will include any changes in the investigative numbers listed above."

How is justice served if a suspect arrested before there is solid evidence to convict them at trial?

Important to remember that both the US Constitution and California Code of Criminal Procedure provides for only a set amount of time between the defendant's arraignment and their trial to begin.

It's equally important to remember that while circumstantial evidence may satisfy probable cause required for an arrest warrant, it does not necessarily satisfy evidentiary proof beyond a reasonable doubt that's required to prosecute a case (i.e, a much higher standard than called for at a preliminary hearing, which is just a strong suspicion of guilt).

Earlier in the case thread, somebody referenced the similarities between MM and the 2017 case of 38-year-old Maria Elena Guzman-Cordova of Vista, CA. She too was reported missing after failing to return from a walk, following an argument with her husband.

Maria's husband, arrested on suspicion of her murder, also reported that his wife took no personal items with her. According to investigators, she too was getting ready to leave her husband.

More than a year after reported missing, Maria's body was located near Palomar Mountain. Given the dated decomposition of her body, the Medical Examiner was unable to determine Maria's cause of death.

After Maria's husband was arrested, Judge Simmons explained his reasoning for denying bail:

“She informed others that she wanted to leave the relationship and made those thoughts clear to others, and the people (prosecutors) believe that may have been a motive in for this incident.”

At the husband's trial, the prosecution presented all its circumstantial evidence (very similar to alleged evidence found in MM's case) and rested its case. At this time, the Judge dismissed the case against the husband because the prosecution failed to provide evidence that was proof beyond a reasonable doubt.

Prosecutors constantly remind us that they only get one bite at the apple, and this should serve as a reminder for this case too.

To Maria's family, dismissing the circumstantial case means Maria and her family will never ever see justice for her murder. Her husband cannot be retried for murder in the death of Maria, who was his wife of 20 years and mother of their three daughters.

Double jeopardy prevents prosecutors from again charging him with the same crime, even if the husband confesses or new evidence later surfaces.

Please, no rotten apples for Maya or her family.

MOO

Found Deceased - CA - Maria Guzman-Cordova, 38, San Diego, 13 Oct 2017 *Arrest*

I wouldn't want them to arrest him without enough evidence, I was thinking along the lines of arrest on other charges to keep him away from the kids. For example the murder hire charges. MOO

I don’t think this case is any different than other similar cases where the spouse is obviously the main suspect, but LE keeps saying “no evidence of a crime, no suspects”.

Same thing regarding the children staying under their father’s care. If there is no obvious signs of violence towards the children, then they’re staying until something else happens legally, like an arrest, for example.

It is concerning and I am also very impatient but this is how things usually go. I don’t have a bad feeling about Chula Vista LE, I think they’re just playing it slow and steady and trying to not antagonize LM.

I don’t think this case is any different than other similar cases where the spouse is obviously the main suspect, but LE keeps saying “no evidence of a crime, no suspects”.

Same thing regarding the children staying under their father’s care. If there is no obvious signs of violence towards the children, then they’re staying until something else happens legally, like an arrest, for example.

It is concerning and I am also very impatient but this is how things usually go. I don’t have a bad feeling about Chula Vista LE, I think they’re just playing it slow and steady and trying to not antagonize LM.
Your post is balanced, and wise.
When it comes to the safety of kids, it's hard for me to take a subjective view. I want to parachute in and get those kids out now! Where's Superman when you need him!

Amateur opinion and speculation

Your post is balanced, and wise.
When it comes to the safety of kids, it's hard for me to take a subjective view. I want to parachute in and get those kids out now! Where's Superman when you need him!

Amateur opinion and speculation
I'm VERY impatient and I want to see the case moving so the kids can get out of there and be safe. But LE is doing their best, I believe them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Morgy1