CA CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting! And scary. Doesn’t that contradict the Billy Little, Jr. account, though?

““When I went to the bedroom, I immediately noticed a hole – probably 10 inches long by about 6 to 8 inches tall – rectangular shaped; that had been freshly repaired. It was right by the handle. There was a lock on the inside of the door,” recalled Little. (Bolded by me)

“Let’s say the door is locked and you wanted to break in the door or get through the door. You could punch through that hole, reach through the other side, and unlock the door from the other side,” he said.”

Attorney describes walk-through of Maya Millete’s South Bay house | cbs8.com
If MM was locked in the bedroom, did he remove her electronic devices and could the children hear her calling out?

I believe the comment about the master bedroom door was misunderstood. Sure, it locked from the outside with a key but the interior door was most likely operable with a doorknob and manual, keyless lock.

Mr. Little described the hole in the door as a typical break-in when the key is missing and the door unlocked from the inside.

Yes, I agree it was misunderstood as well. I took that statement to mean that he had the key, so it could be locked from outside or inside.

IMO, the perp broke in with her inside, then something happened to her. Once she was removed from the room, the perp ransacked the room looking for the key and afterwards patched the hole, locking the door from the outside. Moo

Yes, I agree it was misunderstood as well. I took that statement to mean that he had the key, so it could be locked from outside or inside.

IMO, the perp broke in with her inside, then something happened to her. Once she was removed from the room, the perp ransacked the room looking for the key and afterwards patched the hole, locking the door from the outside. Moo
Mr. Little also described another hole punch/repaired hole in one of the walls within the room. Smh how toxic that relationship was.

MOO

Her family members are SAINTS for being civil and respectful to him for so long, even though they knew all of this stuff. They must be so, so, so worried for the children.
Ita.
Their patience has to be wearing thin, though; and fear for the children must be uppermost in their minds !
My patience and civility would've worn out long ago.
I get it that they are walking a 'tightrope' in regards to the little ones' safety.
Ugh.
Imo.

one excerpt that was new to me was - During Tuesday’s “Crime Stories” episode, it was revealed that the door to the room Larry Millete claimed his wife locked herself in could only be locked from the outside.

wow, obvious red flag. Hopefully that was true and CVPD followed up on that major tidbit.

MOO
BBM-
I caught that too, but what made me catch it, is that just a few days ago, I read the articles from the Attorney/ PI and he said that her door can only be locked from the INSIDE.

So, not sure about who has the incorrect/Correct detail but IMO, it does make a difference. Might be a small difference, but still makes a difference at least to me.

I just can't believe CVPD wouldn't see all these red flags from Day 1.
I think all this new info came out intentionally with the knowledge and support of LE. Perhaps they need to put pressure on that relative hoping for a confession etc.
The house was clearly cleaned, tidied, patched up and aired before alerting LE. All neighbors and relatives told LE from day 1 what they knew and what we are only hearing about now. I'm sure LE was hoping they'd find her body by now but I think they are getting ready for a no body arrest.
Just my hopes and opinion

I don't think LE supported the info being shared. In MOO, it potentially amplifies the risk to the children. I do agree that there will be a no body arrest....soon we hope.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Regardless of going the extra mile here to make themselves look incompetent, I believe that LE knows that MM is most likely deceased, and their first priority is the safety and welfare of the three minor children currently in the care of their father, LM.

CVPD knows where LM is --and the last thing they want is for him to up and leave with the children.

IMO, both the recent presser by the Police Chief and the immediate press release were prepared as if talking directly to LM... At the risk of being bashed by the public, they're telling (LM) us there's no evidence of foul play, no suspect, no leads on areas to search, etc. (In LM's words, they're hoping MM is needing her space, taking time to cool off).

This is not CVPD's first rodeo and all should take comfort knowing that CVPD also has the power of the FBI and San Diego County District Attorney’s Office behind them. -- Every resource that understands what is necessary to successfully prosecute a case is being utilized.

MOO

https://www.chulavistaca.gov/home/showpublisheddocument?id=22498

Last edited:
Regardless of going the extra mile here to make themselves look incompetent, I believe that LE knows that MM is most likely deceased, and their first priority is the safety and welfare of the three minor children currently in the care of their father, LM.

CVPD knows where LM is --and the last thing they want is for him to up and leave with the children.

IMO, both the recent presser by the Police Chief and the immediate press release were prepared as if talking directly to LM... At the risk of being bashed by the public, they're telling (LM) us there's no evidence of foul play, no suspect, no leads on areas to search, etc. (In LM's words, they're hoping MM is needing her space, taking time to cool off).

This is not CVPD's first rodeo and all should take comfort knowing that CVPD also has the power of the FBI and San Diego County District Attorney’s Office behind them. -- Every resource that understands what is necessary to successfully prosecute a case is being utilized.

MOO

https://www.chulavistaca.gov/home/showpublisheddocument?id=22498
I am a staunch supporter of LE, so I appreciate your remarks. I would agree that LE's communications are thoughtful and strategic.

Like many have expressed, I am concerned about the children in the care of LM given what we think we know. How nice it would be if all this concern about LM is unfounded, and unnecessary. But with three little kids are in the eye of the storm; I am gravely concerned for them because it is unclear how stable LM is. For all I know he's a rock. All I've seen are seemingly concerning shrine pictures, and stories of alleged hit for hire queries. As such, I'm concerned.

I am not LE, nor am I a child welfare expert who has managed these type of scenarios in the past. But as a caring observer, I say in my amateur opinion and speculation....the children should be removed from that home immediately, until LM is cleared of any concern related to the disappearance of his wife, and has explained his comments and actions.

Amateur opinion and speculation

How is justice served if a suspect arrested before there is solid evidence to convict them at trial?

Important to remember that both the US Constitution and California Code of Criminal Procedure provides for only a set amount of time between the defendant's arraignment and their trial to begin.

It's equally important to remember that while circumstantial evidence may satisfy probable cause required for an arrest warrant, it does not necessarily satisfy evidentiary proof beyond a reasonable doubt that's required to prosecute a case (i.e, a much higher standard than called for at a preliminary hearing, which is just a strong suspicion of guilt).

Earlier in the case thread, somebody referenced the similarities between MM and the 2017 case of 38-year-old Maria Elena Guzman-Cordova of Vista, CA. She too was reported missing after failing to return from a walk, following an argument with her husband.

Maria's husband, arrested on suspicion of her murder, also reported that his wife took no personal items with her. According to investigators, she too was getting ready to leave her husband.

More than a year after reported missing, Maria's body was located near Palomar Mountain. Given the dated decomposition of her body, the Medical Examiner was unable to determine Maria's cause of death.

After Maria's husband was arrested, Judge Simmons explained his reasoning for denying bail:

“She informed others that she wanted to leave the relationship and made those thoughts clear to others, and the people (prosecutors) believe that may have been a motive in for this incident.”

At the husband's trial, the prosecution presented all its circumstantial evidence (very similar to alleged evidence found in MM's case) and rested its case. At this time, the Judge dismissed the case against the husband because the prosecution failed to provide evidence that was proof beyond a reasonable doubt.

Prosecutors constantly remind us that they only get one bite at the apple, and this should serve as a reminder for this case too.

To Maria's family, dismissing the circumstantial case means Maria and her family will never ever see justice for her murder. Her husband cannot be retried for murder in the death of Maria, who was his wife of 20 years and mother of their three daughters.

Double jeopardy prevents prosecutors from again charging him with the same crime, even if the husband confesses or new evidence later surfaces.

Please, no rotten apples for Maya or her family.

MOO

Found Deceased - CA - Maria Guzman-Cordova, 38, San Diego, 13 Oct 2017 *Arrest*

GOOD NEWS I heard on our local Fox5 News at 4 p.m. I was doing something and couldn't listen fully, but the news spend about ten minutes reporting just on this case.

- CVPD is going to start giving updates on a steady basis. Public interest in this case has made this happen, IMO.

- CVPD has asked the FBI for their help now.

- There's been tips. We're going to hear more of what LE is doing, hopefully.

-El Pollo Loco is offering to donate part of customers purchases in honor of Maya and her Family.

It isn't posted as an news article yet, but I'll post it later. You can watch the News Live here: Watch Live | FOX 5 San Diego

GOOD NEWS I heard on Fox5 News at 4 p.m. I was doing something and couldn't listen fully, but the news spend about ten minutes reporting just on this case.

- CVPD is going to start giving updates on a steady basis. Public interest in this case has made this happen, IMO.

- CVPD has asked the FBI for their help now.

- There's been tips. We're going to hear more of what LE is doing, hopefully.

It isn't posted as an news article yet, but I'll post it later. You can watch the News Live here: Watch Live | FOX 5 San Diego
awesome news! So glad to read this, and so happy the FBI have space to come utilize their resources. may this be swift!

How is justice served if a suspect arrested before there is solid evidence to convict them at trial?

Important to remember that both the US Constitution and California Code of Criminal Procedure provides for only a set amount of time between the defendant's arraignment and their trial to begin.

It's equally important to remember that while circumstantial evidence may satisfy probable cause required for an arrest warrant, it does not necessarily satisfy evidentiary proof beyond a reasonable doubt that's required to prosecute a case (i.e, a much higher standard than called for at a preliminary hearing, which is just a strong suspicion of guilt).

Earlier in the case thread, somebody referenced the similarities between MM and the 2017 case of 38-year-old Maria Elena Guzman-Cordova of Vista, CA. She too was reported missing after failing to return from a walk, following an argument with her husband.

Maria's husband, arrested on suspicion of her murder, also reported that his wife took no personal items with her. According to investigators, she too was getting ready to leave her husband.

More than a year after reported missing, Maria's body was located near Palomar Mountain. Given the dated decomposition of her body, the Medical Examiner was unable to determine Maria's cause of death.

After Maria's husband was arrested, Judge Simmons explained his reasoning for denying bail:

“She informed others that she wanted to leave the relationship and made those thoughts clear to others, and the people (prosecutors) believe that may have been a motive in for this incident.”

At the husband's trial, the prosecution presented all its circumstantial evidence (very similar to alleged evidence found in MM's case) and rested its case. At this time, the Judge dismissed the case against the husband because the prosecution failed to provide evidence that was proof beyond a reasonable doubt.

Prosecutors constantly remind us that they only get one bite at the apple, and this should serve as a reminder for this case too.

To Maria's family, dismissing the circumstantial case means Maria and her family will never ever see justice for her murder. Her husband cannot be retried for murder in the death of Maria, who was his wife of 20 years and mother of their three daughters.

Double jeopardy prevents prosecutors from again charging him with the same crime, even if the husband confesses or new evidence later surfaces.

Please, no rotten apples for Maya or her family.

MOO

Found Deceased - CA - Maria Guzman-Cordova, 38, San Diego, 13 Oct 2017 *Arrest*

i believe LM knows of this case too. if he did it he hid her carefully.

Ita.
Their patience has to be wearing thin, though; and fear for the children must be uppermost in their minds !
My patience and civility would've worn out long ago.
I get it that they are walking a 'tightrope' in regards to the little ones' safety.
Ugh.
Imo.

I think LM holds the answers to many questions -- most important being the location of MM.

While there's no doubt the recent info released by Mr. Little was a hit for "inquiring minds," I don't believe there was one thing released that was in the best interest of the minor children.

They've already lost their mother and were reportedly very early becoming protective of their dad -- in the eyes of observing family members.

Although we don't know what's been going on behind the legal scenes of this case, I was hopeful that the grandparents were in the process of using the court (under LE guidance) to seek visitation of the children.

I can't think of anything better than to ease the children away from LM with ones they love and trust.

I don't think the family believes LM would hurt the children. I think they're all LM is living for right now. I also trust there's ongoing surveillance of the family right now.

Personally, I do believe yanking the children from the home today would most likely cause LM to act on self-harm. And that's not in the best interest of the children or the case.

Patience is indeed a virtue!

MOO

ETA: add link for grandparents visitation rights
Visitation Rights of Grandparents - custody_famlaw_selfhelp

Last edited:
New press release by CVPD dated April 7, 2021 marking 3 month anniversary of MM missing not yet available via pdf on police website but it's posted on their Facebook.

Crime of Violence Unit returned to the residence on January 11 -- the day after missing person report filed.

CVPD has conducted 47 interviews with individuals.

CVPD has executed 12 Search Warrants

170018105_4210717228940788_5180212071795061356_n.jpg

170022803_4210717258940785_4563065976221082995_n.jpg

Chula Vista Police Department

Police Department | City of Chula Vista

Last edited:
I think LM holds the answers to many questions -- most important being the location of MM.

While there's no doubt the recent info released by Mr. Little was a hit for "inquiring minds," I don't believe there was one thing released that was in the best interest of the minor children.

They've already lost their mother and were reportedly very early becoming protective of their dad -- in the eyes of observing family members.

Although we don't know what's been going on behind the legal scenes of this case, I was hopeful that the grandparents were in the process of using the court (under LE guidance) to seek visitation of the children.

I can't think of anything better than to ease the children away from LM with ones they love and trust.

I don't think the family believes LM would hurt the children. I think they're all LM is living for right now. I also trust there's ongoing surveillance of the family right now.

Personally, I do believe yanking the children from the home today would most likely cause LM to act on self-harm. And that's not in the best interest of the children or the case.

Patience is indeed a virtue!

MOO

ETA: add link for grandparents visitation rights
Visitation Rights of Grandparents - custody_famlaw_selfhelp

I expect the decision-making on that will come down to whether or not the children are safe and nothing else. They won’t balance it against the risk of LM hurting himself. Again, they have to have the proper justification for doing so.

I worry that as the net closes he’ll think he has nothing left to lose and react in the worst way. He sounds like he’s controlling - and that he has been unravelling for some time. People may just be possessions.

I expect the decision-making on that will come down to whether or not the children are safe and nothing else. They won’t balance it against the risk of LM hurting himself. Again, they have to have the proper justification for doing so.

I worry that as the net closes he’ll think he has nothing left to lose and react in the worst way. He sounds like he’s controlling - and that he has been unravelling for some time. People may just be possessions.
I apologize if you read my post to mean that LM's self-preservation more important than the health and welfare of the children.

To be clear, that is not the intent of my quoted post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne