CA CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All this information that is rushing out at us now is new to us but I am sure that it is not new to LE.

I'm just wondering why it's all coming out now. Is someone leaking this info intentionally?

Things are heating up exponentially for the suspect (oh yeah, there is no POI), right.....

Hold onto your hats, we are at the top of the rollercoaster and about to go over the top.

MOO
^^^This!

ETA: got carried away with capslock/bold

Sorry if this has already been posted. In a hurry this morning and can't stay. What really stuck out to me was the husband admitting that he had gun residue on his hands and the neighbor's security camera picking up the sound of 6 gun shots.

Missing California mother's brother-in-law: I've 'lost all faith' in Chula Vista PD, but 'we will not give up'
See as soon as we found out (recently, yes?) that LM suddenly admitted, or LE suddenly released the info (?), that he’d been cleaning guns and shooting guns the weekend Maya went missing, I knew it was to pre-splain why he’d have gunpowder residue on his hands.

But I was super shocked by the “gunshots” coming from the Millette home that night! What the heck went what on?!
I even had the crazy thought that maybe Maya had a gun as well, and she fired off some of those rounds defending herself from her attacker (whomever that might be). The “shot” pattern/timing made me think of it.
Sorry, rambling. All speculation and moo and alphabet soup.

Ugh, hearing the gunshots in the security cam footage. Does anyone else feel like the gunshot sound is amplified compared to other noises heard (or not heard) on the video footage? There's no yelling, no fighting, no audible signs of a struggle aside from what sounds like something falling/breaking partway through, no children's voices (though some upset dogs?).

I feel like the security cam is picking up the gunshot noise so well because its taking place in the Millete's garage (vs somewhere else in their house), where the sound is amplified by the concrete floors, bare walls and general emptiness that is a garage without vehicles in it.

Also doubly upsetting no one thought to post on Nextdoor about the noise? None of the other neighbors discussed hearing it? We get frequent gunshots in my little old Portland, Oregon neighborhood, but I always wake up to messages from neighbor friends asking if I heard it!...MOO.

January 7 is known as Orthodox Christmas - whether or not observed in family's culture unknown....

I don't know if those sounds are gunshots but I did not hear any voices which I think would be expected during a domestic argument.

Also, didn't LM previously tell others he was cleaning his gun during the weekend after having admittedly fired his weapon?

IMO, CBS/8 needs to be put on blast for approaching the Millete family member when minor children were present. That really disgusts me.

This was my first reaction too, how shameful and sickening of them to approach him and interrogate like that while her children were standing right there! Just abhorrent.

As far as the gun shots, unfortunately it's not a common sound around that area, people in the FB groups mention that in the Eastlake NextDoor app chats, if you ask about gun shots, people bully and make fun of you for even asking, so it seems common and unfortunately mostly ignored.

Ugh, hearing the gunshots in the security cam footage. Does anyone else feel like the gunshot sound is amplified compared to other noises heard (or not heard) on the video footage? There's no yelling, no fighting, no audible signs of a struggle aside from what sounds like something falling/breaking partway through, no children's voices (though some upset dogs?).

I feel like the security cam is picking up the gunshot noise so well because its taking place in the Millete's garage (vs somewhere else in their house), where the sound is amplified by the concrete floors, bare walls and general emptiness that is a garage without vehicles in it.

Also doubly upsetting no one thought to post on Nextdoor about the noise? None of the other neighbors discussed hearing it? We get frequent gunshots in my little old Portland, Oregon neighborhood, but I always wake up to messages from neighbor friends asking if I heard it!...MOO.
Great thought about the garage! That didn’t occur to me but it makes sense that would make things noisier. I need to go back and listen to the pattern again.. I just remember there was like a 10 second pause before the last “shot” and it made it sound like that was the kill shot. Does that make sense?

To me it sounds like either two people shooting at each other, or the attacker only shooting, maybe MM got to another room, but her attacker got to her, that’s the longer pause, and then one final shot to make sure the job was accomplished. That’s why to me I pictured the noise coming from separate areas within the home as if going say from room to room?

btw I hated typing every word of that, it hurts.
All speculation and moo

Well, there were holes in the door and wall. We assumed it was punches, but it could have been gunshot holes that LM had attempted to repair.

This news also explains LM's splainin' away his need to clean his guns and the possibility of gunshot residue being on his hands, mere days after his wife went missing.

Today is the day. This man is a clear and present danger to everyone around him. :mad:

That is the conclusion I came to as well, shooting through the wall to reach through and unlock the door, so he wouldn't break his precious hand punching it (also because it would leave marks on his hands that he'd have to explain). Wondering now about that freezer being what was moved that early morning/beach day....

From your link:

I read this as cops and lawyers working diligently together to build an ironclad case

100% this, they are showing the DA's office everything they have and waiting for it to be enough for the charges to stick with or without the body.... so far, the verdict is that it's not enough. Hoping it is enough soon because I am so afraid for those kids!

All this information that is rushing out at us now is new to us but I am sure that it is not new to LE.

I'm just wondering why it's all coming out now. Is someone leaking this info intentionally?

Things are heating up exponentially for the suspect (oh yeah, there is no POI), right.....

Hold onto your hats, we are at the top of the rollercoaster and about to go over the top.

MOO

I am thinking the family is tired of no progress or arrest yet and is trying to force CVPD's hand? Because now the PI they hired is speaking/leaking, they are letting more details out themselves, and now the neighbor has jumped on board and leaked the audio of those shots.... the kids will be the ones to suffer if he is pushed too far, this is very scary. :(

100% this, they are showing the DA's office everything they have and waiting for it to be enough for the charges to stick with or without the body.... so far, the verdict is that it's not enough. Hoping it is enough soon because I am so afraid for those kids!
I wonder why all this info wouldn’t be enough to, at the very least, name him as a poi. Gun shot residue seems like a significant enough reason. Larry’s explanations hold no water especially with his wife suddenly missing.

I wonder why all this info wouldn’t be enough to, at the very least, name him as a poi. Gun shot residue seems like a significant enough reason. Larry’s explanations hold no water especially with his wife suddenly missing.

I absolutely agree. I think they need enough to charge him outright though in order to remove the kids from his care? If he is only named POI, not sure they would be allowed to take the kids away yet, and that opens the door to him running with them or worse.... Trying to keep things calm until they can pounce, I hope. This is so bad. :(

I'm afraid that Richard Drouaillet has been misled by somebody that's not responsible for prosecuting the case.

It's difficult to see vulnerable families taken advantage of when they need support -- not empty promises.

It's truly not enough for an investigator to drop "multiple bombshells" in the media and expect CVPD and/or any LE agency to disclose pertinent information about their investigation-- including interviews of 47 witnesses and 12 executed search warrants.

That's not the way it works... especially when your job is to protect the integrity of the investigation and build a case that can be successfully prosecuted in court.

Again, while circumstantial evidence may satisfy probable cause required for an arrest warrant, it does not necessarily satisfy evidentiary proof beyond a reasonable doubt that's required to prosecute a case (i.e, a much higher standard than called for at a preliminary hearing, which is just a strong suspicion of guilt).

The Prosecutor only gets one bite at the apple.

Please, no rotten apples for Maya.

https://www.chulavistaca.gov/home/showpublisheddocument?id=22510

I'm afraid that Richard Drouaillet has been misled by somebody that's not responsible for prosecuting the case.

It's difficult to see vulnerable families taken advantage of when they need support -- not empty promises.

It's truly not enough for an investigator to drop "multiple bombshells" in the media and expect CVPD and/or any LE agency to disclose pertinent information about their investigation-- including interviews of 47 witnesses and 12 executed search warrants.

That's not the way it works... especially when your job is to protect the integrity of the investigation and build a case that can be successfully prosecuted in court.

Again, while circumstantial evidence may satisfy probable cause required for an arrest warrant, it does not necessarily satisfy evidentiary proof beyond a reasonable doubt that's required to prosecute a case (i.e, a much higher standard than called for at a preliminary hearing, which is just a strong suspicion of guilt).

The Prosecutor only gets one bite at the apple.

Please, no rotten apples for Maya.

https://www.chulavistaca.gov/home/showpublisheddocument?id=22510

I agree wholeheartedly! I am honestly kind of mad at Little for not knowing better or refusing to take part in this. I feel like he more than anyone in the family should know that they need to have enough evidence and they don't want to mess it up, or put the kids in danger. They are doing exactly what they need to! The leaks need to stop. :( Now they're going on Dr. Phil on Monday.... SMH

I agree wholeheartedly! I am honestly kind of mad at Little for not knowing better or refusing to take part in this. I feel like he more than anyone in the family should know that they need to have enough evidence and they don't want to mess it up, or put the kids in danger. They are doing exactly what they need to! The leaks need to stop. :( Now they're going on Dr. Phil on Monday.... SMH
Makes one wonder if self-promotion is more important than justice for Maya (and the best interest of the children). Seriously -- nobody wants another Maria Guzman here!

Found Deceased - CA - Maria Guzman-Cordova, 38, San Diego, 13 Oct 2017 *Arrest*

Maya Millete: Missing Chula Vista mom case nears 3-month mark

“You can get very emotional, especially when people are on you to figure this out,” retired police detective Richard Carlson said.

[..]

“Be patient,” he said. “These are very competent investigators. They know what they are doing. When it’s things that can be incriminating, you’re not going to put it out there because it gives the suspect opportunities to hide it, to destroy it or in any other way conceal it.”

Chula Vista police released a statement Monday saying bringing Millete home safely remains their top priority.

[..]

Detectives are working with the FBI and San Diego County District Attorney’s Office in their efforts to find and analyze evidence in the case. They said every resource is being utilized in the search.

January 8 is known as Orthodox Christmas - whether or not observed in family's culture unknown....

I don't know if those sounds are gunshots but I did not hear any voices which I think would be expected during a domestic argument.

Also, didn't LM previously tell others he was cleaning his gun during the weekend after having admittedly fired his weapon?

IMO, CBS/8 needs to be put on blast for approaching the Millete family member when minor children were present. That really disgusts me.
Right! Anything to get the "Exclusive: you can only get this on CBS news" scoop.. smh
It's easy to get confused, but shots happened on Thursday night. LM heard her rustling in the kitchen on Friday night.
so he says...

I thought not, but I’m also not sure now. Maybe he showed up later in the evening? Someone had to be there with the daughters since LM left early. He claimed to leave Maya with the girls, not the other way around which is a strange way to say that, like the girls were watching her and not mom watching the girls.

I don’t remember where it was mentioned, but it was said there was no evidence she had packed for their Big Bear trip. I wonder why more wasn’t mentioned about the fact that Maya was discussing the trip the same day she went missing and there was no evidence that she’d begun packing, for her or her kids. If she left willingly (take a walk to cool off) there still would’ve been something partly packed or even her toiletries being prepared. Did someone clean up and put her things back? Is her suitcase or travel bag still in the house?
yup. i did mention that in a past post. According to Maricris, when she went to the house, there wasnt anything even prepared/packed.. and LM didnt even mention about the big bear trip. not even once.

Please don't tell me the LM side of the family told the children months ago that their mother committed suicide...and hence grandad's body comment in front of them.
I don't understand this insensitivity....those poor children.
Yes, the poor children indeed.
That said, it appears that the grandfather got a bit ambushed by the Reporter. Sometimes when we are caught off guard we blurt things out, and it appears the reporter might have been counting on that.
Shame on the reporter for this tactic, if in fact it was.

Amateur opinion and speculation

“The family of Maya is looking for a dead body. We're still waiting,” he said.

"Words don't come from a vacuum"

Where does this come from?
Why does he believe this?
Note he doesn't say, "Maya's family believe they are looking for a dead body" so it's not ascribed to them as far as i know, it hasn't come from there. Again, where does it come from.?
Does he believe it himself, if so, why?
Does he have guilty knowledge?
Has he heard LE say it (over heard)
Does it come from MSM?
Could it be the passage of time?
Is she on medication?
What was the climate like when she went "missing".

Q's, Q's Q's......

It's very concerning.

6 bangs, sounding like gunshots heard night Maya Millete missing | cbs8.com
Your point is intriguing, but we need to factor in that english is not the grandfather's first language.

Amateur opinion and speculation

What the what? A hole in the wall near the locked door, gunshots, a missing freezer, a witness saying LM was talking about a hit man, and what else did I forget? That’s a lot of circumstantial evidence.

There has got to be a reason why all of this stuff is being released just now. I’m guessing it’s to let a certain someone know that they have him in their sights.

At least I hope so. I’m an optimist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member