CA CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021 #4 *husband arrested*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Further to my earlier post, #108:

I'm curious as to why Maricris and Richard organized a search of the golf course near the Millete home for this past weekend, May 22, 23, with plans to search it again next weekend, May 29, 30.

It has already been searched by LE, using dogs.

Snipped from link, below:

...Weekend search team will be looking for personal belongings, as opposed to a body..."

and

“...We're just looking for something that Maya would have been wearing. Maybe part of a purse, bracelet, ID cards, maybe a broken cell phone or something,” said Richard Drouaillet, Maya’s brother-in-law..."

IMO, it's unlikely someone who harmed Maya would have purposively discarded any of her personal belongings on the golf course, although of course it's possible.

Perhaps there's a belief that Maya could have left the home voluntarily, and, particularly if it's known to have been her habit to walk on the 'abandoned' golf course, the search could be an attempt to verify that's what she did on the day she went missing.

Even if items of hers have been, or are found, I'm thinking it'd be impossible to prove they were left there on a particular day, back in January, rather than on an earlier walk she may have taken.

So, why the search for her personal belongings on the golf course?

I'm entertaining the idea that Maya left the house of her own accord on the day she went missing, whatever date that might have been, and consider a possible scenario where she was harmed/murdered/abducted on the golf course, hence the search for items which could have fallen during a struggle.

There appears to be a consensus amongst us that LM caused Maya's disappearance by a heinous physical act against her, and therefore fears have been expressed for the safety of the children who continue to be in his care. Some have wondered why LE has allowed them to remain in the house, but without a cause to arrest their father, I imagine their hands are tied.

I sense it will be an unpopular suggestion, but IMO, although LM's behaviours may have driven her from the home, it's possible neither he, nor other family members, physically harmed Maya.

Family searches for Maya Millete near her Chula Vista home | cbs8.com

Heard on FOX 5 San Diego: News about San Diego, California, the USA and the world

Heard on the Fox5 News at 4 p.m. that a woman's body has been found in Chula Vista, :eek: and my heart stopped, but it does not sound like Maya. They said the woman was determined to be a homeless woman, and didn't even hint at the idea it'd be Maya. That horrible feeling came over me though, and makes me realize it's going to hit hard even though we all think we're ready for it.

At the current time also happening in Chula Vista, a young 14 yr. old girl is missing.
Chula Vista family asking for help to find 14-year-old daughter (10news.com)

Heard on FOX 5 San Diego: News about San Diego, California, the USA and the world

Heard on the Fox5 News at 4 p.m. that a woman's body has been found in Chula Vista, :eek: and my heart stopped, but it does not sound like Maya. They said the woman was determined to be a homeless woman, and didn't even hint at the idea it'd be Maya. That horrible feeling came over me though, and makes me realize it's going to hit hard even though we all think we're ready for it.

At the current time also happening in Chula Vista, a young 14 yr. old girl is missing.
Chula Vista family asking for help to find 14-year-old daughter (10news.com)

FYI-I started a thread on that case this morning:

CA Alexis Mia Collins,14, Chula Vista, 21 May 2021

Snipped for focused reply and BBM

Hi, @Curious Me,

In the link you provided, I couldn't find anything about it "was determined to be a homeless woman."

Rather, what I read is "Chula Vista police say the woman is known to them."

I wonder if there's an assumption a person known to the police is living without a home.

I've always thought "known to the police" meant the person has a history of trouble with the law.

Now, I'm pondering if a person who has been reported as missing could also be described as "known to the police", because, at least by name, he/she is known to the police.

Snipped for focused reply and BBM

Hi, @Curious Me,

In the link you provided, I couldn't find anything about it "was determined to be a homeless woman."

Rather, what I read is "Chula Vista police say the woman is known to them."

I wonder if there's an assumption a person known to the police is living without a home.

I've always thought "known to the police" meant the person has a history of trouble with the law.

Now, I'm pondering if a person who has been reported as missing could also be described as "known to the police", because, at least by name, he/she is known to the police.

It's a source of frustration for me that I hear so much local news, and then hunt for the news articles, and they aren't posted yet as printed articles.

Yes, I see where it says "known to the police". She was found in a utility building with no door. (older bldg. and it looks like it hasn't been used by the utility co. recently) I believe I heard she was homeless on several news stations.

LE probably become familiar with many homeless people as they are out there on the streets, sidewalks, and encampments on the sides of freeways and in the canyons. LE runs into them more because they aren't inside a cozy home like we are. It's really a sad problem we have here, so many homeless and such high rents. :( It seems like an insurmountable problem sometimes, but the right programs make a difference. The video / pics make me want to cry.
Homeless crisis visible once again on the streets of San Diego - (kusi.com)

National City homeless camp set to be dismantled by Caltrans - (kusi.com)

I'm sure LE, media, and concerned citizens thought of Maya, and also Alexis the young woman that just went missing near there. It's not Maya or Alexis though, just judging by the way it was reported.

Woman found dead near South Bay interstate | FOX 5 San Diego

...I'm entertaining the idea that Maya left the house of her own accord on the day she went missing, whatever date that might have been, and consider a possible scenario where she
was harmed /murdered /abducted on the golf course, hence the search for items which could have fallen during a struggle.
I respect your thinking outside the box. I think you have a legitimate question as to why Maya's searchers would look for her belonging on the golf course when LE just searched there.

Please, with all due respect, I must give MOO. I would be happy to entertain the idea that Maya was not harmed by anyone she knew, but how do you explain her own husband of 21 yrs. saying and doing all that we've seen? How do you explain it?

If she went off hiking at the golf course after their fight, and LM was concerned in anyway that his wife was missing, he'd have made more attempts to find her, attend her vigil, plead over the media, keep good with Maya's family, let the kids be with them, etc.,

I won't go into all the many ways he made himself look guilty, but put all together it's pretty hard to ignore and hard to give him a pass as just reacting differently or being a private person. IMO, he lied about hearing her on Friday night which means he tampered with the timeline. Gun shots, the freezer, the guns and the relatives... maybe it's all a coincidence? He went to her work place, he tried to hire a hit man apparently jealous of some guy.

I do recognize that LM has not been named a suspect. Please know this is MOO, and all just my own humble opinion. If LM is innocent of all wrong doing, then he's been his own worst enemy.
This post requires a MOO cow.
animated-cow-image-0284.gif

I respect your thinking outside the box. I think you have a legitimate question as to why Maya's searchers would look for her belonging on the golf course when LE just searched there.

Please, with all due respect, I must give MOO. I would be happy to entertain the idea that Maya was not harmed by anyone she knew, but how do you explain her own husband of 21 yrs. saying and doing all that we've seen? How do you explain it?

If she went off hiking at the golf course after their fight, and LM was concerned in anyway that his wife was missing, he'd have made more attempts to find her, attend her vigil, plead over the media, keep good with Maya's family, let the kids be with them, etc.,

I won't go into all the many ways he made himself look guilty, but put all together it's pretty hard to ignore and hard to give him a pass as just reacting differently or being a private person. IMO, he lied about hearing her on Friday night which means he tampered with the timeline. Gun shots, the freezer, the guns and the relatives... maybe it's all a coincidence? He went to her work place, he tried to hire a hit man apparently jealous of some guy.

I do recognize that LM has not been named a suspect. Please know this is MOO, and all just my own humble opinion. If LM is innocent of all wrong doing, then he's been his own worst enemy.
This post requires a MOO cow.
animated-cow-image-0284.gif

I'm not Puzzles, but what if you are both right? Could Maya have left on her own accord? Could she have followed by someone known to her? Could she have dropped/tossed personal item? Could those personal items have been snatched/smacked from her hand? That could explain why the family wants to search the golf course. Could she have been forcibly led back to the house? (IMOO, Maya is no longer with us and IMOO, her demise happened at the house but I'm always willing to consider alternative theories.)

<modsnip - quoted post removed>

I’ve always known you to give a spouse the benefit of the doubt on every thread…and I mean that as a compliment @rosesfromangels. You never leap to a conclusion of guilt until you have to, and I appreciate that about you. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve always known you to give a spouse the benefit of the doubt on every thread…and I mean that as a compliment @rosesfromangels. You never leap to a conclusion of guilt until you have to, and I appreciate that about you. :)
That is a great compliment Lilibet, many thanks.
We sometimes get jaded by all the crime we read about on these threads, but I try to remember that murderers represent a very small fraction of society. I will admit I get disturbed when I see online posse's shredding a spouse when no evidence has been put forth. It's just cruel, and not what this forum is about.

<modsnip>

Amateur opinion and speculation

<modsnip - quoted post removed>
If I was such a private person, I think I’d buy a silencer for one of my many guns. But that’s just me. Going out to look for your wife is too “public”, but firing a gun repeatedly (allegedly, by whomever the private person might be), in your own home in a residential neighborhood...nah, that’s not calling attention to yourself at all...JMO, thinking out loud...

If I was such a private person, I think I’d buy a silencer for one of my many guns. But that’s just me. Going out to look for your wife is too “public”, but firing a gun repeatedly (allegedly, by whomever the private person might be), in your own home in a residential neighborhood...nah, that’s not calling attention to yourself at all...JMO, thinking out loud...
I know, there are so many little things that don’t seem to fully add up, LE has their work cut out for them.
I’m daily just deeply disturbed by this case.
They used luminol testing as well as the advanced measuring instruments so I would bet they have strong evidence that the scene was within the home, especially given the gun shots.
The golf course could be a focus right now because of a tip- maybe the suv was seen on video during or in the weeks after? Or internal car gps? Or later phone pings? Maya’s phone pings?

jmo

Hi, @Curious Me,In the link you provided, I couldn't find anything about it "was determined to be a homeless woman."
Real quick, I wanted to provide this about the woman found in that utility bldg. in CV. She "apparently had been using the outbuilding as a makeshift shelter". Saying a prayer for her.
Woman, 54, found dead in building off I-5 | FOX 5 San Diego

animated-dividing-line-image-0181.gif

When will Maya be found? I tried to imagine that she did take off, maybe with a lover to start a new life. No way, IMO. Look at her sister searching for months. She knows that's not the case.

IMO, even if you disregard all of LM's behavior, it still stands out that Maya has not been found in any areas close to the house where she might of been attacked or hurt if she took off for a hike.

MOO, there's no way she
would voluntarily plan to leave her children and her parents, and loving close family. She didn't take her car or her jeep. The important facts have to be taken into consideration-- she disappeared after an argument with her husband, after making a divorce attorney appt., after voicing her concern of her safety... then vanished and missed her daughter's birthday celebration that she was planning.
All JMO.

Real quick, I wanted to provide this about the woman found in that utility bldg. in CV. She "apparently had been using the outbuilding as a makeshift shelter". Saying a prayer for her.
Woman, 54, found dead in building off I-5 | FOX 5 San Diego

When will Maya be found? I tried to imagine that she did take off, maybe with a lover to start a new life. No way, IMO. Look at her sister searching for months. She knows that's not the case.

IMO, even if you disregard all of LM's behavior, it still stands out that Maya has not been found in any areas close to the house where she might of been attacked or hurt if she took off for a hike.

MOO, there's no way she
would voluntarily plan to leave her children and her parents, and loving close family. She didn't take her car or her jeep. The important facts have to be taken into consideration-- she disappeared after an argument with her husband, after making a divorce attorney appt., after voicing her concern of her safety... then vanished and missed her daughter's birthday celebration that she was planning.
All JMO.
Add all your good points to the fact that 8 gun shots were heard in the vicinity of Maya's home, and that video surveillance showed someone coming to the home in the wee hours of the morning....and so forth.

I think LE has a mountain of evidence, and they are assembling their case for arrest and a high probability of conviction without a body.

Alleged only; amateur opinion and speculation

Pretty quiet these days after a flurry of activity a few weeks ago.

We’ve seen several big lingering cases pick up steam with arrests over the past month.

Here’s hoping we won’t have wait much longer for an arrest here.

its been over 2.5 weeks since the 2nd search warrant. Wondering if LE even found any type of evidence since they used im assuming luminol or other testing procedures. I'm assuming if it was something big, they'd bring LM for questioning or any movement in taking the kids out the house. It's been quiet. Quiet before the storm, perhaps.

LM says he's a quiet private person. Doesnt say much about his wife being, months later. Just keeps his mouth shut and no statements... Yet, he gives a lengthy explanation to the news about his rights to bear arms and that his rights have been violated.

MOO

Pretty quiet these days after a flurry of activity a few weeks ago.

We’ve seen several big lingering cases pick up steam with arrests over the past month.

Here’s hoping we won’t have wait much longer for an arrest here.

When there is a "no body" case, it takes quite a while for LE and the prosecuting attorney to create a case that will stand up in a criminal murder trial. It took 8 months in the Jennifer Dulos case. It has taken almost a year in the Suzanne Morphew case for lesser charges to be brought. Others who have been active on the forum for longer than I have will have many more that can be mentioned.

It's so frustrating, but hopefully LE is constructing evidence and charges that hold up under a jury's scrutiny.

I just worry about the kiddos...often.

When there is a "no body" case, it takes quite a while for LE and the prosecuting attorney to create a case that will stand up in a criminal murder trial. It took 8 months in the Jennifer Dulos case. It has taken almost a year in the Suzanne Morphew case for lesser charges to be brought. Others who have been active on the forum for longer than I have will have many more that can be mentioned.

It's so frustrating, but hopefully LE is constructing evidence and charges that hold up under a jury's scrutiny.

I just worry about the kiddos...often.

I was learning about coercive control yesterday. Many of the points mentioned were alarmingly similar to things that seemed to be going on in Maya's relationship with Larry. And we already know that he's continuing to do similar things to the children by keeping them from Maya's family. I worry about their safety now and I hope they get therapy as soon as possible too.

MOO

The only thing that gives me hope is the recent arrest of Barry Morphew, in the case of his missing wife, Susanne. IMO, these 2 cases are very similar. And Barry seemed like he was going to walk free. LE was being so silent, even after the search warrants, etc.

But he was finally arrested and I look forward to reading the AA soon. Hopefully we will see the same thing soon in this tragic case.

<modsnip>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members