CA CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021 #4 *husband arrested*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing that gives me hope is the recent arrest of Barry Morphew, in the case of his missing wife, Suzanne. IMO, these 2 cases are very similar. And Barry seemed like he was going to walk free. LE was being so silent, even after the search warrants, etc.

But he was finally arrested and I look forwards to reading the AA soon. Hopefully we will see the same thing soon in this tragic case.

re: the golf course search

It's pretty common for searchers to go back over areas that have been previously searched, sometimes several times, especially if they have reason to think it's more likely than other areas. Depending on the size of their group, it could take many weeks to search the entire area. And an abandoned golf course seems like a pretty good place to throw away small items that you don't want to be found. Nobody is likely to stumble onto them for a long time, and it could be hard to prove they were Maya's.

Family searches for Maya Millete near her Chula Vista home | cbs8.com

According to the article:

The golf course is gated and fenced off from street traffic. Surveillance cameras also keep an eye on the entrance. So, it seems unlikely Maya's remains could have been transported via vehicle onto the property.

There is a 3/4 mile hiking trail, however, leading to the abandoned golf course from the neighborhood where Maya lived with her husband Larry Millete and their three children.

CHULA VISTA, Calif. — The parents of Maya Millete have filed a family court petition to force visitation with the missing mother's three children.

More at Parents of missing Maya Millete file petition to visit grand kids | cbs8.com
I'm glad they filed this. The court can also order evaluations and I hope it will. This can be time consuming so I hope the court orders visitation asap, at least temporary until further ruling. It is in the best interest of the children. moo

Uh, did that reporter just say Larry couldn't look for his missing wife bc he is "babysitting" his kids? Nah, pops, it doesn't work like that. Imo, when you are a parent taking care of your kids, it's not called "babysitting", it's just being a decent PARENT who shows up for your kids. And if you were even a marginally upstanding parent, you would be out looking for the mom of your little ones, AND you would let them see their aunts, uncles, cousins and grandparents, especially right now! :mad::mad::mad:

I've about had it with this case (or at least one person connected to it). It's very frustrating and just heartbreaking. I cannot stop thinking about those kids, and how scary and traumatizing this must be for them. :(:(:(

CHULA VISTA, Calif. — The parents of Maya Millete have filed a family court petition to force visitation with the missing mother's three children.

More at Parents of missing Maya Millete file petition to visit grand kids | cbs8.com
From your link:

Parents of missing Maya Millete file petition to visit grand kids | cbs8.com

>>>snip

Asked by a reporter for a response to loud bangs sounding like gunshots recorded in the neighborhood on the night Maya went missing, (Larry Millete’s attorney, Bonita) Martinez said her client "had nothing to do with gunshots."

<<<snip

Oh, good.

Uh, did that reporter just say Larry couldn't look for his missing wife bc he is "babysitting" his kids? Nah, pops, it doesn't work like that. Imo, when you are a parent taking care of your kids, it's not called "babysitting", it's just being a decent PARENT who shows up for your kids. And if you were even a marginally upstanding parent, you would be out looking for the mom of your little ones, AND you would let them see their aunts, uncles, cousins and grandparents, especially right now! :mad::mad::mad:

I've about had it with this case (or at least one person connected to it). It's very frustrating and just heartbreaking. I cannot stop thinking about those kids, and how scary and traumatizing this must be for them. :(:(:(
I think, and im paraphrasing, he said that he considers him a single father/parent now. working and taking care of his kids.. smh
Like, wow.

Imo, i dont think he is even persistent in getting updates from LE, as oppose to MM's family. Concerned about getting back to work, while the her sister and BIL had to quit their jobs just to focus all efforts in finding Maya. They dont even reside in SD.
Prayers to the family.

-MOO

Glad this petition finally filed as I think the petition should have been priority #1 within the one-month requirement of MM missing. Clearly, both the maternal & paternal grandparents have been very active/present in the children's lives since birth. California has very good rights for grandparents for those willing to act:

Under California law, a grandparent can ask the court for reasonable visitation with a grandchild. To give a grandparent reasonable visitation with a grandchild, the court has to:

1. Find that there was a pre-existing relationship between grandparent and grandchild that has “engendered a bond.” This means that there is such a bond between grandparent and grandchild that visitation is in best interest of the grandchild.

AND

2. Balance the best interest of the child in having visitation with a grandparent with the rights of the parents to make decisions about their child.
In general, grandparents cannot file for visitation rights while the grandchild’s parents are married. But there are exceptions, like:

• The parents are living separately;
  • A parent’s whereabouts are unknown (and have been for at least a month);
  • One of the parents joins the grandparent’s petition for visitation;
  • The child does not live with either of his or her parents; or
  • The grandchild has been adopted by a stepparent.

If a grandparent has visitation through the courts, and things change and none of these exceptions apply any more, one or both parents can ask the court to end the grandparent’s visitation and the court must then end the grandparent’s visitation rights at that time.

Read California Family Code sections 3100-3105 to read the law about a grandparent’s rights to visitation. This code section also details other situations the court must consider before giving visitation to a grandparent. Make sure you read it carefully and get legal advice from a lawyer if you think they may apply to your case.

Visitation Rights of Grandparents - custody_famlaw_selfhelp

Last edited:
Glad this petition finally filed as I think the petition should have been priority #1 within the one-month requirement of MM missing. Clearly, both the maternal & paternal grandparents have been very active/present in the children's lives since birth. California has very good rights for grandparents for those willing to act:

Under California law, a grandparent can ask the court for reasonable visitation with a grandchild. To give a grandparent reasonable visitation with a grandchild, the court has to:

1. Find that there was a pre-existing relationship between grandparent and grandchild that has “engendered a bond.” This means that there is such a bond between grandparent and grandchild that visitation is in best interest of the grandchild.

AND

2. Balance the best interest of the child in having visitation with a grandparent with the rights of the parents to make decisions about their child.
In general, grandparents cannot file for visitation rights while the grandchild’s parents are married. But there are exceptions, like:

• The parents are living separately;
  • A parent’s whereabouts are unknown (and have been for at least a month);
  • One of the parents joins the grandparent’s petition for visitation;
  • The child does not live with either of his or her parents; or
  • The grandchild has been adopted by a stepparent.

If a grandparent has visitation through the courts, and things change and none of these exceptions apply any more, one or both parents can ask the court to end the grandparent’s visitation and the court must then end the grandparent’s visitation rights at that time.

Read California Family Code sections 3100-3105 to read the law about a grandparent’s rights to visitation. This code section also details other situations the court must consider before giving visitation to a grandparent. Make sure you read it carefully and get legal advice from a lawyer if you think they may apply to your case.

Visitation Rights of Grandparents - custody_famlaw_selfhelp
While I do agree with you...
Im extremely worried that judgmental grandparents (maternal, and I'm saying from his perspective) prying the children out of his greedy and controlling arms is a terrible idea.

What if the children know or remember things from that night? <modsnip>
Im so afraid for everyone around him :(

Last edited by a moderator:
From the video:

Larry Millete's attorney Bonita Martinez said, in a phone interview with News 8, that her client is "a decent loving man" and "he's not a suspect, not even a person of interest". She also said Maya Millete "may be alive" and "she is probably in Hawaii".
Yep, Maya just ran off and left her three kids, family, and job. She's in Hawaii, sipping on a mai tai in a hollowed out pineapple with a cute lil umbrella- watching the heart-wrenching interviews of her sister and bil on TV.

Makes total sense to me o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members