CA CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has it been said whether May's sister actually spoke to her about the argument, or whether it was via text? I don't think we have been told the date or time May was last seen by anyone other than LM, have we? I'm starting to feel more confident that LE is all over this.
Ita.
Speculation : And a text would be easier to 'fake' than the spoken word, obviously.
Thinking about Kelsey Berreth and those 'texts' P. Frazee sent from her phone.
MOO

BBM
What???!!

Yep.

"Maricris told Dateline their brother, who lives in the San Diego area, went to the house to check on May. Her husband said she was in her bedroom and the door was locked. Maricris said their brother knocked on the door, heard nothing, so assumed May was sleeping."

"[O]n Saturday, Maricris said their father went to her house where May’s husband was able to unlock the bedroom door. May was not in the bedroom."

Why didn't husband unlock the door when the brother was outside her bedroom door trying to check on her on Friday, Jan. 8, 2021? But, the following day, on Sat., Jan. 9, 2021, husband was able to unlock the door for May's father. IMO, he knew where the key was on Friday, and could have unlocked the door then had he wanted to do so. [Note: In the "Phone Call with Husband of Missing Chula Vista Mom, Maya Millete", at min. 2:06, the husband states that he was able to find the key that enabled him to unlock Maya's bedroom door on Sat., when her father came to her house. Here's the link: Phone call with husband of missing Chula Vista mom, Maya Millete - ABC 10NEWS San Diego - Omny.fm]

Search intensifies for missing California woman as police serve search warrant at her Chula Vista home

Last edited:
"But when there was still no word from May on Saturday [Jan. 9, 2021], Maricris [May's sister] said their father went to her house where May’s husband was able to unlock the bedroom door. May was not in the bedroom."

Search intensifies for missing California woman as police serve search warrant at her Chula Vista home
This key issue.....I'm not clear on why the husband would think or claim Maya was asleep in her locked room.
If Maya was locked in her room, how is it that a key would be outside the room? Wouldn't the key be inside her room? Since she locked her door, why would there be a 2nd key that husband had access to?

About Maya supposedly being in her locked room from Fri. to Sat. when her father came over... didn't she use the bathroom or get something to eat ?
When did her children see her last ?

I realize that some people have different lives and if they were used to separate bedrooms and basically living separate lives ; the children still needed contact and care.
So the husband would've still spoken with Maya on a daily basis, if only to arrange childcare responsibilities.
Maya appeared from her FB pages to be a devoted mom !
This makes no sense at all for her to vanish.

IF she left with someone else, it hopefully would show up on someone's security cams.
LE don't seem to believe this, according to their actions. :(
Imo.

Even if Maya left in fear, which would be a logical possibility after that argument with her husband, she would still have contacted her family by now. LE is looking for her very close to home, it seems.

The husband hasn't made a statement to Dateline yet? He didn't make a statement about the search warrant to Fox5 News the other night either. These are opportunities for him to show his concern and ask the public for help. All we have is that phone interview, and he's thanked everyone graciously, but since then, no reaching out to Maya as in "if you can hear this, please come home", and no reaching out to the public with a personal statement to look for his wife of 21 yrs. With all due respect for her husband, a private person, I am only stating the facts.

Her sister and brother in law know Maya wouldn't just take off and leave her children. They don't even live in the San Diego or Chula Vista area, but managed to sound a big alarm and keep this in the news.

No way do I believe she left while planning a birthday party at Big Bear for her first born 11 yr. old daughter. She adored those children. I can't see her being gone voluntarily. All MOO.

Does anyone know if the car the husband drives is parked outside or in a garage? This is a critical detail as it relates to observing his coming and goings....and what (if anything) he had with him.

There is alot of speculations about what Maya would or would not do. Only her closest family members and BFF know the reality of what she might do, and even they don't know her mind or all her motivations.
This certainly isn't looking good as it relates to any happy ending. Let's just pray that whatever happened didn't involve another close family member that would cause more destruction in the lives of the children. Let's pray that isn't so.

I'm doing my best to remain open minded, as these type of cases are hardly ever straight forward or what they seem to be.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Don't want to post these links without a reminder to any newbies that don't know all the rules yet that we can't start quoting, repeating, and discussing social media comments.

Just pointing to the 1/21 post from a former colleague of Maya's to give you a sense of how responsible and what a leader Maya is. She plays guitar and has a lovely voice. Quite a remarkable woman.

Find May/Maya Millete - Posts | Facebook

Maya Millete | Facebook

Miss her daughter's birthday?... no, I can't see her deciding to do that. You can tell how much she enjoyed sharing so many wonderous adventures, and even travels with her children.

Does anyone know if the car the husband drives is parked outside or in a garage? This is a critical detail as it relates to observing his coming and goings....and what (if anything) he had with him.
As you can see from posts over last weekend, it was possibly the husband's vehicle I saw with the vanity plates. If so, that would make it way too easy. Here's my post again from the weekend:

Family and friends hold vigil for missing Chula Vista mother | cbs8.com (see video please)

At the 01:43 minute mark in the video, I see a vehicle, I think it's the Lexus, with a license plate that spells out "Millete". Surprised me. Now, I'm way too much of a private person to have my last name posted on my license plate right in front of my house. That would really make it easy for a stalker.

@Mitch1 helped me figure out which vehicle it was, and it wasn't Maya's Lexus.
Nah-that’s a Toyota truck which isn’t reported as 1 of Maya’s and if that is LM’s then that to me, makes me question the whole “I’m a private person” statement he made.
I thought I saw the Lexus without that license plate, but figured another vehicle with the last name on the license plate, well, it couldn't be Larry's vehicle because "he's such a private person". Maybe Not!

BBM

As you can see from posts over last weekend, it was possibly the husband's vehicle I saw with the vanity plates. If so, that would make it way too easy. Here's my post again from the weekend:

Family and friends hold vigil for missing Chula Vista mother | cbs8.com (see video please)

At the 01:43 minute mark in the video, I see a vehicle, I think it's the Lexus, with a license plate that spells out "Millete". Surprised me. Now, I'm way too much of a private person to have my last name posted on my license plate right in front of my house. That would really make it easy for a stalker.

BBM
That’s a Toyota I believe. It could just as easily be her sisters or?

That’s a Toyota I believe. It could just as easily be her sisters or?
It is a Toyota as @Mitch1 replied to me. Watch the video and I think you can see the sister and brother in law in front of what may be their vehicle. Besides, why would her sister or any in Maya's family have vanity plates with the last name "Millete"... that's not their last name. Larry's side of the family has that last name.

It is a Toyota as @Mitch1 replied to me. Watch the video and I think you can see the sister and brother in law in front of what may be their vehicle. Besides, why would her sister or any in Maya's family have vanity plates with the last name "Millete"... that's not their last name. Larry's side of the family has that last name.
Yes, we’ve not heard anything of Larry’s side of the family. Does he have family members on his family’s side that are supporting him throughout this? It may be possible the vanity plate car belongs to a relative on his side.

Ok. Yes, makes sense.

BBM

Yes, we’ve not heard anything of Larry’s side of the family. Does he have family members on his family’s side that are supporting him throughout this? It may be possible the vanity plate car belongs to a relative on his side.

Family and friends hold vigil for missing Chula Vista mother | cbs8.com
Good question. Are those the husband's vanity license plates or one of his family members there to support him in these difficult times? I hope they aren't his plates with the family's last name announced right outside the home. It's not safe to me. Why make it easy for any stalker or pedophile to know the last name of who lives in that house? I guess I'm more of a private person. JMO though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo