CA CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As always CBS News8's Investigative Producer supplies further info, an excellent video, and interviews with Maya's family.

Maya Millete: Search continues for missing Chula Vista mother | cbs8.com
Author: David Gotfredson (Investigative Producer)
Published: 7:23 PM PST January 12, 2021
Updated: 7:23 PM PST January 12, 2021

"The sister confirmed reports that Millete had gotten into an argument with her husband before she went missing."

"However, Chula Vista police said they have no evidence of a crime and the husband is fully cooperating. Investigators currently are treating the woman’s disappearance as a missing persons case."

"Family members said the possibility of suicide is simply unthinkable."

“My sister is a very strong woman. She wouldn't do anything to harm herself, especially thinking about the kids. The kids, they're very small. She's not likely to leave her kids that way,” said Drouaillet.

[...]

"An effort was underway to find surveillance video from neighboring homes, but so far, no video evidence has been located, according to the sister."

Find May/Maya Millete | Facebook
From the "Find..." FB page : An interesting comment from an FQM two days ago. :(
Imo.

Ugh Ugh Ugh

Maybe she was WINE TASTING???

WTH.
Agreed.
A bit of an 'off' statement.
But if they had fought before and she left for a few days --this is normal ?
Maya seemed to be quite devoted to her kids in her FB pages.
I looked but I didn't find any pics of hubby. :(
Imo.

Eta : Pics are on the "Find Maya.." FB page.
Thanks, @Curious Me !

Maya is an attractive woman and looks younger than her years.
I am saying that -- as I wonder if she had a stalker from work or around in the neighborhood ??
MOO

Last edited:
In some sense, you’re pretty much saying the same thing. “In danger”. There is reason to believe (which has and will not be revealed to the general public) that something or many things are pointing to a probable cause for evidence to exist in the home.

Keep in mind, search warrants are not commonly leveraged against family members. And are typically issued expediently and without warning in order to insure scene integrity.

@JakeB911
Would you say that with the info that we’re working with, plus length of time that has passed, that she could be elevated to endgered and thus the warrant at the place of her last confirmed sighting? I think that someone could make a compelling argument that this would all be enough for a warrant..
Or does it have to be more substantive than we already have? I am hoping they don’t have too much to go on and that she still might come home safe.

Eta : Pics are on the "Find Maya.." FB page. Thanks, @Curious Me !

Hey Hi There @LietKynes. Do you remember how guilty the bf/DH seemed in the Heidi Broussard case and it turned out to be her best friend? So, I'm trying to remind myself to stay open minded in this case. BTW, I enjoyed being on that thread with you.

animated-dividing-line-image-0163.gif

To many sleuthing members here, you might recall how-- we saw the neighbor's camera capture Chris Watts loading up his crimes. We saw Gannon's stepmother caught in a lie on the neighbor's camera. Here's hoping something turns up as a break in this case.

This is interesting

on the day maya was reported missing, there was a fire 3 miles from her last known location

Fire Crews Battle Brush Fire in Chula Vista

fire on Jan 7th

map attached showing location of fire (as per article) and location where maya last seen (approximately)

Attachments

• 9A5EA7B2-7042-4819-B6B4-ADAA54140B57.jpeg
    9A5EA7B2-7042-4819-B6B4-ADAA54140B57.jpeg
    195.4 KB · Views: 31
This is interesting

on the day maya was reported missing, there was a fire 3 miles from her last known location

Fire Crews Battle Brush Fire in Chula Vista

fire on Jan 7th

map attached showing location of fire (as per article) and location where maya last seen (approximately)

Interesting, all right! A coincidence—or something else?

It says the fire “started around 10:30 a.m” on Jan 7 ( Thursday).

But it’s been reported Maya was last seen Thursday evening, so I don’t know...

Our poster @InSoCal was just saying how Proctor Valley Road should be looked at, calling it the “scariest road around”.
CA - CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021

Has it been said whether May's sister actually spoke to her about the argument, or whether it was via text? I don't think we have been told the date or time May was last seen by anyone other than LM, have we? I'm starting to feel more confident that LE is all over this.

Don't know if this has been posted yet, but the article says the warrant search of the home was 7 hours and involved dogs and luminol, etc.
https://www.10news.com/news/local-n...s-to-search-home-of-missing-chula-vista-woman

Thanks for this. From that link:

Police say they won’t discuss the direction of the investigation or reveal any leads.
I’m remembering that a cbs8 article had said “her husband was not the focus of the warrant.” Is that carefully worded language to convey that the search was of the house dwelling areas vs the search of a person?

Search warrant is served at home of missing Chula Vista mother | cbs8.com

He says he last saw her on January 7 at their Chula Vista home.
So, the question again is, when did the girls last see her? My recollection is that he previously said he left the girls at home on Friday 1/8 for Maya to “homeschool” them, when he took his son out someplace.

Last edited:
Search intensifies for missing California woman as police serve search warrant at her Chula Vista home
Throughout the day, the family tried to get in touch with May, her husband Larry, and even the couple’s three children, but were unsuccessful.
I thought this was notable, from the link. Why didn’t LM and even the kids answer or reply?
Maricris told Dateline their brother, who lives in the San Diego area, went to the house to check on May. Her husband said she was in her bedroom and the door was locked. Maricris said their brother knocked on the door, heard nothing, so assumed May was sleeping.
Our poster @Elhe thought it was referring to LM in our earlier discussion, but here it says it was Maya’s brother who knocked on her door (I think on Sat, 1/8).

Don't know if this has been posted yet, but the article says the warrant search of the home was 7 hours and involved dogs and luminol, etc.
https://www.10news.com/news/local-n...s-to-search-home-of-missing-chula-vista-woman

Now, I feel some kind of relief that a thorough investigation is being conducted. They even had the dogs there. It seems everything is being done to find May. I feel it is up to LE to figure this out now.

However, I am worried for the children living in the midst of this and not knowing what happened to their mother. I'm sure they're sensing a great deal. There has been speculations swirling around this case. It's not a healthy environment and there's no way to provide normalcy with this going on. Keeping the children in my prayers.

Police use K9s, forensic lights to search home of missing Chula Vista woman (10news.com)
Posted at 6:52 PM, Jan 25, 2021
and last updated 8:29 PM, Jan 25, 2021

"SAN DIEGO (KGTV) -- Police used K9s and forensic lights to search the home of a missing Chula Vista woman Saturday, the family tells 10News."

"Maya Millete’s family says authorities searched the home for nearly seven hours."

Search intensifies for missing California woman as police serve search warrant at her Chula Vista home

I thought this was notable, from the link. Why didn’t LM and even the kids answer or reply?

Our poster @Elhe thought it was referring to LM in our earlier discussion, but here it says it was Maya’s brother who knocked on her door (I think on Sat, 1/8).

The brother, who lives in San Diego, knocked on May's bedroom door on Friday, Jan. 8, 2021. That was the day after she was last seen (which was Thursday, Jan. 7, 2021). The husband said that she was in her bedroom. The bedroom door was locked. May did not respond to her brother as he knocked on the door. Her brother thought that May must be sleeping. This would be a logical assumption, since Larry (the husband of May) said she was in the bedroom.

May's parents came to her home on Saturday, Jan. 9, 2021.

It is possible that when May's family was trying to reach her, they were calling/texting her phone. She wasn't "available" to answer or reply. I doubt that the children have cell phones (maybe I'm wrong). So May's family couldn't reach any of the children on cell phone(s). Husband's phone could have been in the "ignore" mode -- that is to say, he wasn't "available" to answer or reply to anyone.

If they have a land line at the house, perhaps the ringer was "inadvertently" turned off. Hence, the children would not hear it ringing if the family was calling the land line.

(IMO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member