CA CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am very much thinking security footage evidence is what led to a search warrant. Moo

Yes, it'd be a blessing to have a neighbor's or even some street camera footage to help solve this frustrating mystery. Where's Maya?!!

I just realized it doesn't look like LE took any of the vehicles right away. I don't know about as of now. I hope they had the dogs sniff out the vehicles and all the property. Do you think LE left all the vehicles there even now?

As you can see from posts over last weekend, it was possibly the husband's vehicle I saw with the vanity plates. If so, that would make it way too easy. Here's my post again from the weekend:

Family and friends hold vigil for missing Chula Vista mother | cbs8.com (see video please)

At the 01:43 minute mark in the video, I see a vehicle, I think it's the Lexus, with a license plate that spells out "Millete". Surprised me. Now, I'm way too much of a private person to have my last name posted on my license plate right in front of my house. That would really make it easy for a stalker.

@Mitch1 helped me figure out which vehicle it was, and it wasn't Maya's Lexus.

BBM

Thanks. I see the Millete personal plate.
Good observe!

Whether his or a relative's the plate could be related to a business that includes the family name and is used as a form of advertisement. (i.e. Millette Plumbing, Millette Tax Services, etc. - just made up as examples). There could be additional advertising on the side or back of that vehicle.

MOO

This locked bedroom door business keeps playing around in my head. As the story is being told, it just doesn't make sense to me.

What's the purpose of locking your bedroom door if your estranged husband has a key to get in?

What if one of your children needed you in the night? How would they get to you?

Knocking on the locked bedroom door and then assuming she's sleeping is weird to me. Knock long and hard so she wakes up. Why just walk away and assume she's asleep?

I almost get the feeling that the locked bedroom door was to keep someone IN rather than keeping others OUT.

I am befuddled by the locked door.

ETA: I am curious as to when the bedroom door started being locked. Also, was a lock added to the door as opposed to just using an existing lock.

MOO

Last edited:
This locked bedroom door business keeps playing around in my head. As the story is being told, it just doesn't make sense to me.

What's the purpose of locking your bedroom door if your estranged husband has a key to get in?

What if one of your children needed you in the night? How would they get to you?

Knocking on the locked bedroom door and then assuming she's sleeping is weird to me. Knock long and hard so she wakes up. Why just walk away and assume she's asleep?

I almost get the feeling that the locked bedroom door was to keep someone IN rather than keeping others OUT.

ETA: I am curious as to when the bedroom door started being locked. Also, was a lock added to the door as opposed to just using an existing lock.

MOO
I don't think she was there at the time of the door knocking. I think it was just a set up so that others thought she was sleeping or needing her privacy for whatever reason. I think it was locked from the outside. moo

Putting what pieces we do have together just makes this story look more and more suspicious.
Personally I don't think this will turn out well at all.
I can't help but wonder if she is across the border somewhere. However, I'm sure there are cameras at the border so maybe not.

Are we to believe when Maya's brother came over Thursday she ignored him? Why not bring the key out then? Makes me think there was something that needed to be straightened up or hidden in there, until Friday when someone left the house for a few hours.

Wrong timeline stated in this post, corrected below-

Last edited:

MOO

I don't think she was there at the time of the door knocking. I think it was just a set up so that others thought she was sleeping or needing her privacy for whatever reason. I think it was locked from the outside. moo

There is a member who posted a link upthread. It said when her father arrived, the husband dug around till he found a key to open it.

When I read that I thought "what nice play acting."

Are we to believe when Maya's brother came over Thursday she ignored him? Why not bring the key out then? Makes me think there was something that needed to be straightened up or hidden in there, until Friday when someone left the house for a few hours.
Did the brother come Thursday? I thought it was Friday and then the parents on Saturday and then they called the police.

Did the brother come Thursday? I thought it was Friday and then the parents on Saturday and then they called the police.
Crumbs, just read the link again. Yes, he came on Saturday.

(Edit: as others are saying. The principle is still the same. Could the bedroom been cleaned on Friday.)

After reading the link again, I want to know why it was her family that filed a missing persons report with the Chula Vista Police Department and an investigation was launched. Why didn't her husband??

Last edited:
So possibly something happened Thursday or Friday so when the brother was knocking on door, something had already happened. Bedroom cleaned up later Friday then re locked. Dad comes Saturday, door unlocked, missing report filed.

Does that theory work with the details we know? Was Friday the day of the argument?

So possibly something happened Thursday or Friday so when the brother was knocking on door, something had already happened. Bedroom cleaned up later Friday then re locked. Dad comes Saturday, door unlocked, missing report filed.

Does that theory work with the details we know? Was Friday the day of the argument?
Millete was reported missing on Jan. 10.

Millete was last seen by her family at her home on Jan. 7 around 5 p.m.

Search warrant is served at home of missing Chula Vista mother | cbs8.com

Oh shoot, sorry. I screwed up the timeline.

The argument between Larry & Maya was Thursday. Brother came to check on her Friday, no answer and thought she needed her space. Maya's Dad came Saturday and Larry produced a key and opened the door.

Many have noted having access to the key as odd. I wonder if that key was Maya's, or did someone have a key made that she wasn't aware of?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo