CA CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He also has not gotten on camera to reach out for Maya's return.

Thought I should post the links to the Jan. 12th news article and the husband's vocal interview here for anyone that catching up on this case.

Husband fears for missing Chula Vista wife, mom of three (10news.com)

Listen here:
Phone call with husband of missing Chula Vista mom, Maya Millete - ABC 10NEWS San Diego - Omny.fm

Phone call:
IMO He spends an enormous about of energy placing her in scenarios away from the house with extended & open times and geographical locations.
Also, the majority of the scenarios he states would include her taking her jeep.
Her FB has her with her jeep in most if not all recent photos.
He over explains ...which I think *can* mean deception.

MOO

Last edited:
Phone call:
IMO He spends an enormous about of energy placing her in scenarios away from the house with extended & open times and geographical locations.
Also, the majority of the scenarios he states would include her taking her jeep.
Her FB has her with her jeep in most if not all recent photos.
He over explains ...which I think *can* mean deception.

MOO
I believe he said she belonged to a jeep club. That could easily be found to be true or not.
The parts of this story that have my ears perked are that he admits they've been having problems for the last year or so and that they had an argument Thursday night. He admits that she wanted her distance, not him.
Again, if true, others would know. My question is why. They have 3 children together, married 20 plus years (?)
What happened if true to cause this?
They had and argument and she disappears? That is very suspicious in and of itself.
However, in his interview he did not speak of her in past tense, which is hard to do if one has knowledge of another no longer being with us.
moo

Something that's not clear to me: Officially missing the 9th, last heard the 8th, last seen (by lm & kids, purportedly) the 7th. Last communication with other family a group text a few days before that. MOO, she's been missing for longer than "a few days before that." Unless someone did see her. Group text response could be done by anyone. Kids can be made confused about days & and time. Pure speculation, of course.

Something that's not clear to me: Officially missing the 9th, last heard the 8th, last seen (by lm & kids, purportedly) the 7th. Last communication with other family a group text a few days before that. MOO, she's been missing for longer than "a few days before that." Unless someone did see her. Group text response could be done by anyone. Kids can be made confused about days & and time. Pure speculation, of course.
Personally, I don't think an 11 year old could be made confused.
If she had been gone multiple days I would think the children would be asking about her.
If she were gone Thursday night who home schooled the kids Friday? Who fed them?
The kids know the last time they saw their mom imo.

I think it’s bizarre that her husband didn’t attend the vigil. Why not?
Gonna give my unpopular opinion here. If my husband went missing, I think the last thing I would want to do is attend a vigil for him. Personally, I don't see the point. I would be too upset, I hate crowds, I don't like attention and everyone would be focused on trying to make me feel better and ugh, I would hate the whole thing. Yeah, this is making it all about me, but I'm just saying that I would feel very very uncomfortable going to a vigil when I would be a complete wreck about the whole thing. I could go to a vigil of someone other than a close family member, but hopefully someone will understand what I'm trying to say.

Personally, I don't think an 11 year old could be made confused.
If she had been gone multiple days I would think the children would be asking about her.
If she were gone Thursday night who home schooled the kids Friday? Who fed them?
The kids know the last time they saw their mom imo.
If not for covid, schools being closed, regular schedules off, I'd agree. I get confused about days these days. I could easily confuse an 11 year old about what day it is, or how many days since they saw their mom, especially if she is, or was, so independent/gone regularly.

I am very familiar with the area since the 70s. The searches seem to be focused on the trails up mt miguel, and ignoring the, since the 1970s, scariest road around, proctor valley road - pvr. If you look at a map, check were sr 125 and pvr intersect. Pvr to sunnyside is one of the only ways out of that neighborhood without going through chula vista and hundreds of cameras. Pvr starts up again and goes east to jamul. Lots of space.

Gonna give my unpopular opinion here. If my husband went missing, I think the last thing I would want to do is attend a vigil for him. Personally, I don't see the point. I would be too upset, I hate crowds, I don't like attention and everyone would be focused on trying to make me feel better and ugh, I would hate the whole thing. Yeah, this is making it all about me, but I'm just saying that I would feel very very uncomfortable going to a vigil when I would be a complete wreck about the whole thing. I could go to a vigil of someone other than a close family member, but hopefully someone will understand what I'm trying to say.
damned if you do, damned if you don't!
he seemed pretty casual and relaxed in his phone interview... wine tasting :rolleyes:

ADMIN NOTE:

There are no officially named POIs or suspects in this case, so a timely reminder about Websleuths "victim friendly" policy is in order.

Excerpt from The Rules: Etiquette & Information

VICTIM FRIENDLY

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way, and only when such behavior is known to be relevant to the case.

The "victim friendly" rule extends to the family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, and others who have not been designated as suspects is not allowed. Don't make random accusations, suggest their involvement, nor bash and attack them. Posting their personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public -- is not allowed. That does not mean, however, that statements made by family members and other third parties cannot come into discussion as the facts of the case are reported in the media.

Please post accordingly.

Anxiously awaiting more news updates on Maya. But, in the meantime, just ruminating some things:

I walk and do short hikes a lot (daily), and I think my husband would be able to guess where I was, if I hadn’t mentioned it to him. He would guess by what would be missing from the house, as I always wear specific things when I go out for this. For example, I’d be wearing my trail runners, wide brim hat, FlipBelt, pedometer, and my little backpack—so they’d be missing from my house.

I say all this because Maya is said to be an avid hiker and outdoorsy person. Surely, she has certain items of clothing she always wears or takes with her when she hikes. I don’t believe it been stated one way or the other that her hiking things were missing (that I can recall).

So, I wonder if family or LE was able to ascertain anything by the absence of any specific clothing items.

Just my ponderings.

Last edited:
damned if you do, damned if you don't!
he seemed pretty casual and relaxed in his phone interview... wine tasting :rolleyes:
Totally agree with you. After reading so many of these cases, I’ve become so jaded. I know what my gut says, but I’m fence straddling until we get a little more information.

It’s so hard for me to believe that she would walk away from her kids without letting someone know that she just needed a break. I hope that’s what this is, but, once again, my gut says otherwise.
JMO.

@JakeB911
Would you say that with the info that we’re working with, plus length of time that has passed, that she could be elevated to endgered and thus the warrant at the place of her last confirmed sighting? I think that someone could make a compelling argument that this would all be enough for a warrant..
Or does it have to be more substantive than we already have? I am hoping they don’t have too much to go on and that she still might come home safe.

Following.
That search warrant has my hinky meter up a bit.

Hoping she left in a huff and just needs time away.
Or Maya wanted a new life ?
The fact that they have children makes it seem unlikely, though .

I'm just popping in and will read from the first page later.

That happened with a mom who was on the news several years ago now--- she looked very thin after she resurfaced, and her hair was either white or blonde; and her family thought maybe she'd passed away.
Very sad case, but it happens.
Children describe shock, anger at discovery of missing mom 11 years later - CBS News

I want for Maya and her family to have a happy ending !
Imo.

Last edited:
Her sister, Maricris Drouaillet, told Dateline they realized something was wrong when they didn’t hear from her the next day. She explained the six siblings were on a group text and when the question about the pending trip was asked, everyone responded -- except May.

“It was odd -- she was always the first to answer, and this trip was for her daughter’s birthday,” Maricris said. “Something didn't seem right.”

More at Search intensifies for missing California woman as police serve search warrant at her Chula Vista home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnnemarieNL