CA CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No pleas at all.

I did manage to find this quote. It is a strange half hearted quote. Moo.

,And if Maya is safe somewhere, look at the media coverage and Larry says: “I love you, just go home."

Search for Maya Milette, a missing Chula Vista mom, continues - California News Times

I don’t profess to be a grammar expert, but that whole article seems to have a lot of grammatical errors, doesn’t it? o_O But if the quote is accurate that LM did say: “I love you, just go home,” that is another thing he has said that is unusual to me.

I feel like most would say, “I love you, just come home.”
Perhaps “just go home” is an indicator of just how separate their lives were? That is, she wouldn’t be coming home to him, but back to the house and her independent life. Or, just another example of his awkward phrasing due to anxiety. Or, something else?

Did I hear him right? He left his phone home on Sunday when he took off. He says he took his son to the beach, but wasn't this his daughters birthday??

Why only take his son and no phone??
What! That's new info for me. Do you have a link? I want to hear it. Boy oh boy, that is another odd thing to do, in my opinion. Must be the mind numbing. Yes, what about it being the daughter's birthday?

But it sounds like the sister had talked to her very recently? don't know why he would get on her phone and tell the sister that they were in the middle of a fight..
Sister had said the last time they actually talked on the phone was Jan. 3rd., so I'm guessing they were texting after that. I don't believe there was a text about the fight, but if there was maybe it wasn't Maya texting. One thing LM seemed to want everyone to know was that they'd had a fight and maybe Maya took off. The fight seems crucial to the story. MOO though.

Sister had said the last time they actually talked on the phone was Jan. 3rd., so I'm guessing they were texting after that. I don't believe there was a text about the fight, but if there was maybe it wasn't Maya texting. One thing LM seemed to want everyone to know was that they'd had a fight and maybe Maya took off. The fight seems crucial to the story. MOO though.
I still think he would NOT have texted the sister with her phone about a fight, but felt he had to come forward with that since she did tell someone. Would look sketchy if he didn’t bring it up and it came to light later. If he did something and made up the fight and texted about it pretending to be her, he’s a huge idiot as that right there is the biggest red flag for someone going missing in a domestic situation. Moo!

i
I still think he would NOT have texted the sister with her phone about a fight, but felt he had to come forward with that since she did tell someone. Would look sketchy if he didn’t bring it up and it came to light later. If he did something and made up the fight and texted about it pretending to be her, he’s a huge idiot as that right there is the biggest red flag for someone going missing in a domestic situation. Moo!
In moo, I think it would be smart to lie about something minor happening Thursday if something serious could have happened Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday.

I don’t profess to be a grammar expert, but that whole article seems to have a lot of grammatical errors, doesn’t it? o_O But if the quote is accurate that LM did say: “I love you, just go home,” that is another thing he has said that is unusual to me.

I feel like most would say, “I love you, just come home.”
Perhaps “just go home” is an indicator of just how separate their lives were? That is, she wouldn’t be coming home to him, but back to the house and her independent life. Or, just another example of his awkward phrasing due to anxiety. Or, something else?
If I understand correctly, English is not his first language, or perhaps he speaks “pidgin” English, which could account for the delivery and confusion.

amateur opinion and speculation

i

In moo, I think it would be smart to lie about something minor happening Thursday if something serious could have happened Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday.
I think you're suggesting something could have happened to Maya before Thursday? It would depend on who actually saw her on Thursday. Her 9 yr. old said she saw her in the home on Thursday. I don't know if Maya was in contact with her work, coworkers, or other family members on Thursday. I think the attempt to confuse the timeline saying she was heard in the house on Friday is bad enough. I've been stuck on that from the very beginning. JMO

i

oh okay yes, I see what you're saying!
Still would have been smart if it was NOT relationship related though, seems like a huge risk to peg yourself as a possible antagonist. moo

I get fooled now and again, but fundamentally I still believe most people are good, but they do bad things that surprise even themselves.
I hope this isn’t the case here.

Still holding on to the tiniest shred of hope for an unexpected happy outcome.

amateur opinion and speculation

Last edited:
Don't forget, Larry kept asking family to wait until after 3:30 am to file a missing person’s report because after 3:30am would be unusual. Nobody hearing from her since Thursday would be unusual enough for most people. It was unusual enough for her sister and parents. Not on the fence :-(
Phone call with husband of missing Chula Vista mom, Maya Millete - ABC 10NEWS San Diego - Omny.fm

At the 03:00 minute mark he is saying maybe they should wait to report her missing. He wanted to wait until after 3:30 a.m., but Maya's family was right on it a lot sooner. They found out they had to check hospitals first, they did, and then by 2:30 (was that p.m. or a.m.???) they were able to file the missing person's report. He even says something about them asking neighbors for camera footage right away! It's almost as though the family knew more.

I guess he was dreading the LE process which is understandable, especially for a private person.

Is it possible he actually did expect her to come home sometime after 2:30 a.m.? The difference between him and Maya's family in their frantic alarm and his casualness is puzzling and of interest. They came to that house seeming to know something serious had occurred, and he's still not realizing she's missing until they get there Saturday morning. Then, he wants to stall reporting her missing. He throws in her needing her space to the point it becomes his excuse for not even noticing her gone for an entire day and night. Whereas, Maya's family is pulling all the alarms. It's such a blaring difference. :( Without Maya's family, I'm not sure if Maya would've been reported missing by her husband of 21 yrs. at all or for a long time. o_O He explains they were that estranged.

Last edited:
I feel it may be easy to forget they were estranged and essentially already living separately AFAIK, just under the one roof and coparenting. So I wouldn't expect a 'normal' husband reaction.

Sometimes I feel like these splinters are getting uncomfortable, and I am facing one way, but I just still haven't seen what I need to see to fully jump off this fence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackie&Tim