CA CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not knowledgeable about Jeep ownership—but you are (your 3rd!), so, may I ask: I guess I thought it was more for off-roading than street driving in town. Not so? So, if she wasn’t intending to do that kind of activity, would she still have driven off in her Jeep?

IF she went somewhere of her own accord, she intended for it to be a very brief activity. I think we all agree it extremely unlikely—I think impossible—of all the options that she has left her old life behind like this intentionally without letting any of her family know. That Big Bear birthday trip for her daughter that she planned convinces me of that. MOO

Jeep Wranglers are just like sedan cars inside & fit for all street & freeway driving. Automatic available too.
Since Jeep came out with the four door Wrangler it became very popular as a family car IMO. I don’t take mine off road tho..
I just haul kids , surfboards & groceries.

MOO

Last edited:
Find May/Maya Millete

We would like to thank all of the volunteers who helped Maya’s family at today’s neighborhood rallies! and also extend a HUGE thank you to the community for all of your support. We heard every honk
1f4e2.png
, saw every heart
1f493.png
, and every prayer
1f64f_1f3fc.png
! We are grateful and we really felt the love today, THANK YOU... We just want to find Maya and bring her home!

144734303_252179912977602_6257817004775371862_n.jpg

Hello all. Again wanted to apologize earlier for making comments that violated TOS, making remarks that were damaging to the victim and also sharing investigative processes without being validated here . However, I will provide some answers to various questions asked by citing public, reputable sources to affirm many of the past statements I’ve made. Moderator, please feel free to object and delete this post if still not appropriate.

1. Why is May’s missing person case unusual and can be deemed a potential homicide or act of criminal endangerment?
- By identifying sudden disruptions in the missing person’s normal routine that have no plausible explanation, investigators can prove the negative: The victim did not plan the departure, and, consequently, the disappearance may be the result of a criminal act or other endangerment. (FBI Behavioral Analysis, BAU 2012)

2. Why would Chula Vista seem to not share as much information with the public?
- The key to most if not all suspicious missing persons cases is to “protect the integrity” of the evidence. Evidence that may and will be used in future legal proceedings.

3. What reasons and general facts would make the CDP consider the husband as a top suspect or person of interest ?
- the evidence, atypical scenario, and investigative reason above, this case has been conducted beyond a simple missing persons case and would then be dual investigated as both a homicide and criminal endangerment case at the same time.
- Objectives of missing adults cases shift from finding a live person to locating a body typically within 7-14 days since the last know alive date. (Gomez/FBI, 2018)
- 93 percent of murdered females was at the hands of a romantic partner. 80% were the current partner, (Center for Disease Control and Prevention - July, 2017)
- Top motive for intimate partner homicide in the US is “Fear of abandonment and loss.” And typically after a spouse is threatened of divorce or separation. ( Forensic Psychologist, Dr Park Dietz, 2017). Maya inquired support from a Divorce and Separations Facebook group in January of 2021.

4. What reason would an intimate partner have to paint a negative picture of a missing person or provide answers irrelevant to the questioning?
- in the investigative world, the official term is called “staging”. A suspect typically paints a picture that removes them as far away from the time, location and place as possible (Eg I’m in a different room) and they create an illusion that the missing person left voluntarily (Eg. We had an argument) or the person may be located in a specific area (Eg she usually goes hiking). “Offenders sometimes believe that the longer a victim is presumed missing and not found, the easier they remove themselves from culpability.” (Yoder/FBI, 2016)

5. If this case is potentially deemed as a homicide, what options do the Chula Vista Police Department have?
- in these situations, CDP can request additional support from the FBI to work towards a “no-homicide” indictment. In this situation, FBI would provide guideline and legal support, helping the prosecutors optimize the evidence and legal strength of the charge. “investigators must invalidate any fabricated alibis. A concise timeline, forensic evidence, and behavioral analysis help link offenders to the crime scene and wipe away any false illusions” (Yoder/FBI, 2016)
- in other words, if a body is never found, a suspect can still be charged and found guilty. As an alternative to finding a body, prosecutor just needs to prove that “the loss sustained is felt and known”.

6. Why would the husband retain a lawyer? This will help the husband avoid making any statements that may implicate him as a suspect. If he is a person of interest, the police primary motive is to dispel truths and invalidate alibis and data. Having a lawyer will insure integrity of information.

No opinions stated above.

Thank you for this valuable info, Jake! Welcome to Websleuths! Please stick around. :)

There has been a fair amount of discussion/posts about Maya's Jeep Wrangler, and the husband's apparent interest in it; and how this vehicle has allegedly been a source of friction between them.

I am a car nut, but not particularly familiar with Jeeps. I was surprised to see that as far as purchase price, they fall in the same range as a Mercedes C300 or a Porsche Macan; not an inexpensive vehicle by any means.

Perhaps this vehicle was a symbol of May's hard work, and perhaps even a symbol of freedom for her, from whatever might have been weighing her down.

Maybe it was the only thing that was hers and hers alone, and she valued that.
Perhaps the husband wanted to drive the vehicle to get closer to his wife by learning more about her off road passion, or less positive, a means to control or take from her what meant so much. Only he would know his motive. Regardless, it was a point of friction between them.

I don't let anyone drive my cars; anyone. I have sports cars that require a fair amount of attention, and driving them properly requires some skill. For anyone who babies their vehicles, they could understand why May didn't want anyone driving her "baby". If it were a symbol of accomplishment or freedom for her, I can understand even more.

Interesting dynamic in this case, and seems to be quite important.

Amateur opinion and speculation

It's about 2 hrs 17 mins from Chula Vista to the dunes. From the dunes to Solana Beach, it's 2 hrs 26 mins. He theoretically could have gone to the beach that day, just after he made a stop (in the opposite direction).
I thought this was brilliant thinking outside the box. Looked at a map and checked timing, and it is possible. LE must be investigating the possibility that he went someplace more than just the beach. What info can LE get from the car's GPS?
I’m on my 3rd Jeep Wrangler.
I can tell from her social media pics - she loved that Jeep. That said (wow)she left the Jeep behind!
What do you think about taking a Lexus to Glamis instead of a jeep? So much sand. It'd show up in a car filtration for sure. You can rent ATV there. It'd make more sense to take a jeep. It's not a good place to take a little boy it seems.
I guess it's always possible that Maya left with him that Friday morning to go "to the beach."
There you go thinking outside the box again. I need those new thoughts. I don't know the Glamis area. To me Glamis seems so inconvenient to take a little kid and find a good spot. However, just seeing what is possible on a map and within that time frame is worth thinking about further. Thank You for helping us see things from other angles.

As I posted upthread a bit, I feel a real sense of urgency with regard to the children. Until matters are sorted out, I feel it’s urgent that they stay with a grandparent or May’s sister.
IIRC, LM’s mother is helping with the children? I feel strongly it would be best to remove them from that environment for the time being.

I’m very concerned about the intent of the beach trip with the little boy.

Its best to air on the side of caution. I hope the grandparents will step in.

Anyone know whether the husband was born in the US or the Philippines? If the latter, and he is a naturalized US citizen, he has or is allowed to have dual citizenship.
Just thinking in advance....

eta...IF it has been stated anywhere in MSM, not allowed to sleuth.

I don’t think I’ve seen it stated anywhere.
But, I did notice in a couple of photos he was posing while doing the Shaka hand sign, so I wondered if he was from Hawaii, originally.

Hi All… Have not commented on this thread, but have been reading along from the beginning. I am sitting on my hands. I think the person that shall remained unnamed has a lot of animosity toward MM. It’s plain to see that there likely was emotional abuse. Based on several interviews, there seems to be lots of criticism and degrading towards MM. Can you imagine what this may have looked like behind closed doors? I have a hard time staying within TOS… so I better stop myself now…

I really do hope that it is not going this way, but am definitely concerned that it will.

Yes. I agree.
That person paints a very macabre vision/outcome of our missing MM.
One could conclude only one reason to go that route.

MOO

As I posted upthread a bit, I feel a real sense of urgency with regard to the children. Until matters are sorted out, I feel it’s urgent that they stay with a grandparent or May’s sister.
IIRC, LM’s mother is helping with the children? I feel strongly it would be best to remove them from that environment for the time being.

Cannot agree strongly enough, too many cases like that have ended in major trajedy (1 is too much and I've been made aware of at least 4 more)
JMO

As I posted upthread a bit, I feel a real sense of urgency with regard to the children.
I, too, am worried about the children and think it's not healthy, or even safe, for them under the circumstances.

I think the children are being kept away from Maya's family. MOO, I doubt LM would agree to let them stay with Maya's family without some kind of legal action. LM is their father and in control of the situation for now. His father was there according to Maricris. Maya was the daughter-in-law for 21 yrs. and the mother of those three children, but according to Maricris they haven't assisted much in the search. Wonder if they contributed any money to hire a PI or anything.

Maricris says the little boy acted more distant towards her. That shouldn't be. MOO, are they being coached? I don't like that LM and his side of the family aren't showing the children more concern and involvement in finding the children's missing mother. His privacy has drawn attention, and I wonder if it's embarrassing to the daughters that he's being like that. All JMO.

Mother-of-three who's been missing for a month had 'no positive communication' with her husband | Daily Mail Online

"Maricris and Richard expressed their grief over Maya's disappearance and the lack of time they have had with the couple's children, their nieces and nephew."

"Since retaining a lawyer, Larry has only let Maricris and members of her family see the three children once, this past Monday."

'Larry has not been, again, responding to our text messages or answering our phone calls,' Maricris said. 'So we got worried... Me and my sister-in-law went to go check on the kids Monday and to make sure that they were ok and that was a lot.'

"Maricris shared that the pair mostly chatted with Larry's father and with the children, who acted 'distant.'"

'It was awkward and it was weird,' she said. 'The kids they were very distant. They used to be excited to see us. Especially the young one, her four year old. He would be excited and give me a hug and come running to me to give me a hug. We were calling each other our bff.

'But this time they just kind of looked and didn't give me a hug.'

"And while they shared that Larry's family hasn't assisted them much in the search for May, they don't have ill feelings towards them."

Sadly he's limiting the family's access to the children by all reports. Dodgy IMO. I'm hopeful LE have him under surveillance.

Now that he has started to keep the children away from Maya's family, I believe the family will rightfully start cornering him. The remarks about everyone, strangers from all over, coming out and looking for Maya while her own husband can't be bothered to show up for the mother of his children, shows exactly that.

I always felt like her family was being civil and understanding because they really couldn't believe he would have any reason to lie or hide things, but also because they didn't want to lose access to the children. Now that they seem to not have access or as much access to the chilren, all bets are off. They don't have anything else to lose at this point. It was a dumb move on his part, another dumb move.

Why is he acting like this if he has nothing to hide? She's the mother of his children, their kids have to be suffering. No matter how broken their marriage was, she loved those kids and those kids will ALWAYS love her. So, why doesn't he show up for her and for his kids? Why doesn't he help searching for her? Why doesn't he release some sort of statement thanking everyone for the help? Why doesn't he ask for help? Why doesn't he ask HER to come home? A private person wouldn't have shared all of those private details, that are honestly not even relevant to her case, right in the very first interview.

MOO, constant bickering escalates, and it can change people and make them feel backed into a corner. They did argue just before she disappeared. Did something unplanned happen? They looked like they had it all, but constant arguing can make you miserable. JMO though.

Mother-of-three who's been missing for a month had 'no positive communication' with her husband | Daily Mail Online
Quoted from the news article:

'For a year or two, it has been kind of rocky relationship,' she said of her sister's marriage with Larry. 'They even tried marriage counseling.'

'When we do have a get together they would be there arguing... and then another time, they would be close again. Like oh ok, they worked it out. So it had been like that for the last year.'

Richard added: 'They argued a lot and it was a little bit uncomfortable. It was weird because Larry was acting different. He wasn't acting like Larry. He was acting different... They were done. The relationship was done. You could just tell.'

Richard describes Larry as 'always quiet' on the trips, typically staying near the camp or with his car 'in his own business.'

'He was always quiet but on this last trip he was having fun and he was having a lot of fun but with her vehicle,' Richard stated.

BOLDED BY ME

:oops: Oh, maybe he didn't actually thank. This was all I could find for now as far as LM thanking searchers after the vigil. Here, he didn't actually thank, but he was overwhelmed.

Family and friends hold vigil for missing Chula Vista mother | cbs8.com

On Thursday, family and friends held a vigil for Maya but Larry didn’t go because he says he's a private person but saw the crowd when he picked up his 11-year-old daughter from the vigil at Mt. San Miguel Park.

“When I got to see a little bit of it and I was overwhelmed with all the support,” said Millete.

At the vigil, each candle was lit to shine hope in finding the 39-year-old woman mother of three.

“It's been a nightmare, painful heartbreaking,” said Maricris Drouaillet, Maya’s sister.

BBM

I'm going to guess this is likely also unrelated, but since it's another out of the blue body discovery, and Lake Murray is very close to the 125, which is the easiest route out of San Miguel Ranch where Maya lived I'm going to add this...

https://twitter.com/sdut/status/1358560434723332096

SDPD was notified of the body that was found about 1 pm in the Kiowa Drive area of Lake Murray.

Lifeguards recovered it and the ME was on scene to collect it.

I'm going to guess this is likely also unrelated, but since it's another out of the blue body discovery, and Lake Murray is very close to the 125, which is the easiest route out of San Miguel Ranch where Maya lived I'm going to add this...

https://twitter.com/sdut/status/1358560434723332096

SDPD was notified of the body that was found about 1 pm in the Kiowa Drive area of Lake Murray.

Lifeguards recovered it and the ME was on scene to collect it.
20 min drive from Chula Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member