CA CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone please confirm which car LM drove to Solana Beach with the young boy? Was it the Jeep? TIA.

It was Maya’s Lexus, according to this report :

“Officers also impounded a black Lexus SUV, which the husband was believed to be driving on Friday, January 8, the day after Millete was last seen, according to family members. The SUV had a personalized license plate, MAYLANI.

Larry Millete told officers he drove his four-year-old son to the beach in the Lexus on that Friday, according to family members, who also said they tried unsuccessfully that day to reach the husband on his cell phone.

“They left at 6:30 a.m. in the morning to go to Solana Beach and they didn't come back until about 5 p.m. in the afternoon,” Drouaillet said.”

Human remains in East County appear unrelated to missing mom | cbs8.com

I'm going to guess this is likely also unrelated, but since it's another out of the blue body discovery, and Lake Murray is very close to the 125, which is the easiest route out of San Miguel Ranch where Maya lived I'm going to add this...

https://twitter.com/sdut/status/1358560434723332096

SDPD was notified of the body that was found about 1 pm in the Kiowa Drive area of Lake Murray.

Lifeguards recovered it and the ME was on scene to collect it.

Oh boy, I go to Lake Murray sometimes, and park near the Kiowa Drive area. I thought of going there lately. I'm more anxious about this one. The route would be handy like you pointed out. I just can't imagine going unnoticed to dump a body there.

He mentioned Maya liked to go to the La Mesa area, and it's in La Mesa.

Oh boy, I go to Lake Murray sometimes, and park near the Kiowa Drive area. I thought of going there lately. I'm more anxious about this one. The route would be handy like you pointed out. I just can't imagine going unnoticed to dump a body there.

Yes, when i saw the first post i felt a knot in my stomach... felt anxiety like you. Now we know it is a female. Anxious about this one as well. Doesn't seem that far-fetched at all...

I am not im CA and not familiar with the area. Is it rural? It is a reservoir?

It was Maya’s Lexus, according to this report :

“Officers also impounded a black Lexus SUV, which the husband was believed to be driving on Friday, January 8, the day after Millete was last seen, according to family members. The SUV had a personalized license plate, MAYLANI.

Larry Millete told officers he drove his four-year-old son to the beach in the Lexus on that Friday, according to family members, who also said they tried unsuccessfully that day to reach the husband on his cell phone.

“They left at 6:30 a.m. in the morning to go to Solana Beach and they didn't come back until about 5 p.m. in the afternoon,” Drouaillet said.”

Human remains in East County appear unrelated to missing mom | cbs8.com
I knew LM went to Solana Beach, but didn't realize he left so early and got home so late. It's only 30 miles from Chula Vista, that's a long day for a four-year-old? Had his phone off so he couldn't be tracked? The older girls who might be able to recount details about the trip were left at home. This stuff just doesn't add up, IMO.

Google Maps

Google maps has it 17 minutes by car, 3 hrs 45 min by foot.

Yes, when i saw the first post i felt a knot in my stomach... felt anxiety like you. Now we know it is a female.... I am not in CA and not familiar with the area. Is it rural? It is a reservoir?
This will give you an idea of Lake Murray. Not rural, there's homes all around and lots of people walk their dogs there daily. Boating, fishing, picnics, kids feeding ducks, etc.,
Murray Reservoir | Reservoirs and Lakes | City of San Diego Official Website
upload_2021-2-7_16-53-48.png
upload_2021-2-7_16-55-6.pngYou can walk all around the lake.upload_2021-2-7_16-56-52.png
Body Recovered From Lake Murray, Investigation Underway – NBC 7 San Diego (nbcsandiego.com)
:eek: Authorities in San Diego are investigating after lifeguards pulled the body of a woman out of Lake Murray on Sunday.

Body Recovered From Lake Murray, Investigation Underway

Authorities in San Diego are investigating after lifeguards pulled the body of a woman out of Lake Murray on Sunday.

The San Diego Police Department said they were notified of the body just before 1 p.m. and responded to the 5500 block of Kiowa Drive. Witnesses called authorities to report a body in the water.

The San Diego County's Department of the Medical Examiner has taken possession of the body. Details on an identity or cause of death were not immediately available.

Last edited:
At the risk of sounding like an alarmist, the extended family needs to get those children our of that house *NOW*

My apologies for sounding so dramatic, I rarely post in this manner.
Amateur opinion and speculation

Agreed. You just have to think that cops are watching him like a hawk.

Seems like it would be hard to dump a body there during the day (assuming that day with the youngest was the day) without being seen? Agreed with @BeachSky ... hopefully there's cameras.

I've spent a lot of time dealing with breaking news events and SD media over many, many years.

This is getting A WHOLE LOT more coverage than the body found the other day...especially for San Diego's typical weekend news response to events (even more notable given it's Superbowl Sunday).

I'm sure traction is increasing given now it's coming out it's a female, but...this is definitely atypical for SD news media on a Sunday evening to have articles out already, every station tweeting/retweeting, sending people.

Family friend of Maya went to Murray Lake to find out what reporters know. No connection, at this point, to the case of the missing Chula Vista mom...

We do know now that it is a female.

Is that a road or a bike path around part of the edge?.....where there are no homes nearby.
There's path all around the lake and the homes are usually off in the distance on a hill. There's a pier that drops off into deeper water, but I always feel people watching at that lake. I only stay in the more populated areas though, where the ducks hang out. You can get a secluded spot for a short while to feed the ducks, but there's no drop off into deeper water enough near the shore, IMO, not to dump a body. I guess you just never know. I'm going to be waiting on pins and needles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henrypaul