CA CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't find any La Mesa missing person reports. Though of course, person may not be from La Mesa at all. Are there any homeless encampments in the area?

There are pretty much encampments all over San Diego these days. :(

Places like along the San Diego River, the beach areas, some of the canyons, downtown, etc. they are much more common though.

I knew LM went to Solana Beach, but didn't realize he left so early and got home so late. It's only 30 miles from Chula Vista, that's a long day for a four-year-old? Had his phone off so he couldn't be tracked? The older girls who might be able to recount details about the trip were left at home. This stuff just doesn't add up, IMO.

Google Maps

On the leaving early part Friday..I guess if you had a body loaded in your car you would be inclined to (for sure )head out away from said house when the sun came up.
. With the phone turned off (or left behind)and bringing a 4 yr old ..who prob slept on the ride for several hours if they left 6;30am ...You could get out there and do what you had to do...

MOO

On the leaving early part Friday..I guess if you had a body loaded in your car you would be inclined to (for sure )head out away from said house when the sun came up.
. With the phone turned off (or left behind)and bringing a 4 yr old ..who prob slept on the ride for several hours if they left 6;30am ...You could get out there and do what you had to do...

MOO
images
Agree!!

MOO
I thought they checked the cars? DNA? I have an issue with him taking ONLY his son on a beach trip and leaving the other 2 home apparently alone. WHO DOES THAT? I have 2 kids and if I did something like that... Well, I wouldn't. IMO

It's not like the beach is a block away.

Maybe they share cars. In my household, we have 2 cars, but neither car is mine or dh’s—we use either. (But, then, we are retired.) Is my dh and I weird in this way?
Maybe the child car seat was already in the Lexus, so that’s why he took that one.
My husband drives "his" car to work, but my car on the weekends. He just started doing that recently (after he got a new car), and I have no idea why. I like that he refills the gas, as needed, but it bugs me when he messes with my lights, stereo, and AC settings

Car seat in Lexus makes sense

... 5. If this case is potentially deemed as a homicide, what options do the Chula Vista Police Department have?
- in these situations, CDP can request additional support from the FBI to work towards a “no-homicide” indictment. In this situation, FBI would provide guideline and legal support, helping the prosecutors optimize the evidence and legal strength of the charge. “investigators must invalidate any fabricated alibis. A concise timeline, forensic evidence, and behavioral analysis help link offenders to the crime scene and wipe away any false illusions” (Yoder/FBI, 2016)

- in other words, if a body is never found, a suspect can still be charged and found guilty. As an alternative to finding a body, prosecutor just needs to prove that “the loss sustained is felt and known”.
Thank You @JakeB911. Just my own thoughts, guesses and some opinions here. I get the feeling CVPD just doesn't have enough to make their move. I don't think they can do anything yet to get those children away. LE must want to find the body and have a solid case beforehand. IMO, it seems like they believe they can accomplish that. That's just MOO though. What do you think?

Having to unload a body is not something I ever had to do in reality. I wouldn't want to take a chance of having a fluke accident or getting stopped by police while I had a body in my car. Unload it fast and then spend the whole day driving a diversionary route? I don't know, seems like innocence can be rehearsed. Sometimes people are slicker than they appear and you can't determine when you're being played. Just wondering if any info of truth leaked out or if somebody was pointing in one direction to just mislead us. It's a month now. Is CVPD building a solid case or are they scrambling?

It sounds like the children are shutting down...don't like the sound of this -- isolating them...
Since retaining a lawyer, Larry has only let Maricris and members of her family see the three children once, this past Monday.

'Larry has not been, again, responding to our text messages or answering our phone calls,' Maricris said. 'So we got worried... Me and my sister-in-law went to go check on the kids Monday and to make sure that they were ok and that was a lot.'

38964794-9231885-image-a-232_1612643228235.jpg

+12
May 'Maya' Millete was last seen at her Chula Vista home by family on January 7 at around 5pm

Maricris shared that the pair mostly chatted with Larry's father and with the children, who acted 'distant.'

'It was awkward and it was weird,' she said. 'The kids they were very distant. They used to be excited to see us. Especially the young one, her four year old. He would be excited and give me a hug and come running to me to give me a hug. We were calling each other our bff.

'But this time they just kind of looked and didn't give me a hug.'
Mother-of-three who's been missing for a month had 'no positive communication' with her husband | Daily Mail Online

There was the search warrant. I wonder if it could be determined if any floor carpets, bedding material, tarps, containers, etc were missing. Children might not know unless it was obvious.
IF a body was wrapped up and soon enough, there may be no cadaverine evidence in the vehicle.
Dear Lord, now thinking about dumpsters.....anywhere, out of the area.

...snipped to reply...
Dear Lord, now thinking about dumpsters.....anywhere, out of the area.
You should see this one apt. building dumpster I can see from my balcony. It gets constant "dumpster divers", I guess people collecting soda cans and plastic. Yuck, I'd hate to dig in that dumpster. There is also "dumpster dumpers" that drive up and unload. Yikes, now you got me thinking of dumpsters.

I thought they checked the cars? DNA? I have an issue with him taking ONLY his son on a beach trip and leaving the other 2 home apparently alone. WHO DOES THAT? I have 2 kids and if I did something like that... Well, I wouldn't. IMO
It's not like the beach is a block away.
LE impounded her Lexus, but not until Jan. 23rd. (Wonder where he drove it on Jan. 8th. I asked that before I found out about the beach trip.) There were two searches of the home before the formal search warrant was served. I don't know how much attention LE paid to the vehicles or if they were able to bring dogs before that Jan. 23th search warrant event. However, I know they had dogs with them on Jan. 23rd.

Family and friends hold vigil for missing Chula Vista mother | cbs8.com (video shows vehicles and vanity plate "Millete")

Search warrant is served at home of missing Chula Vista mother | cbs8.com

Family of missing Chula Vista mother gather to look for answers | cbs8.com

"Since Maya went missing on January 7, there has been some movement in the case. On January 23, detectives served a search warrant on her home. During the search, computers were taken from the home as evidence. Officers also impounded her Lexus SUV that had a custom license plate that read “MAYLANI.”'

"Millete’s husband was believed to be driving the vehicle on January 8, the day after his wife disappeared."

Last edited:
This really could be Maya guys.

Body Recovered From Lake Murray, Investigation Underway

Authorities in San Diego are investigating after lifeguards pulled the body of a woman out of Lake Murray on Sunday.

The San Diego Police Department said they were notified of the body just before 1 p.m. and responded to the 5500 block of Kiowa Drive. Witnesses called authorities to report a body in the water.

The San Diego County's Department of the Medical Examiner has taken possession of the body. Details on an identity or cause of death were not immediately available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henrypaul