CA CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I shared an opinion very early on about CVPD’s limited experience with homicide cases. And obviously it was a statement of relativity. Chula’s 2-3 last year vs LA’s 350.

Let’s also take the Chris Watts investigation. The lead investigator wasn’t from the small town of Frederic Colorado but a special agent from the Colorado bureau of investigation who had 30 years and 170 homicides under his belt.

Who’s the lead investigator for May’s case? Lt. Fox and her team. Even though Fox has been with Chula for 22 years, it wasn’t until this past year she started with the investigative unit. And the team is very likely a rotation of beat cops into this special unit. Which means. At most a 3-5 homicide investigations at most since fox started. 80 at best in the past 22 years. Now that is if Fox was an investigator for 2 decades. Let me remind you. She wasn’t.

So what on earth is my point? My opinion is that the investigators could have put more pressure on would be suspects and persons of interest. I’m intentionally not calling out certain individuals. You can imagine that for yourself.

but back to my point. If you had more experienced investigators. They would have been able to achieve more from the time that May went missing to the point that Larry got smart and lawyered up.

the Chris watts investigator was so darn clever. Ended up having watts take a lie detector and admit to the murder within 24 hours of stepping foot into that police interrogation room.

I’ll stand by my opinion that was removed early on. Experience can be the difference between a “case closed” and a life long murder mystery. Part of me is terribly upset and disappointed that the investigators didn’t uncover more early on. Enough to publicly disclose even a POI. It’s heartbreaking. And I feel this case may truly be a mystery for some time.

not intending to bash or belittle their experience. Just stating their limited exposure to homicide and criminal endangerment investigations.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
the Chris watts investigator was so darn clever, the guy took a lie detector and was charged within 24 hours of stepping foot into that police interrogation room.
I respect that you know how it works and see this with a professional eye. I find all you have to say interesting. Thank You for sharing your thoughts.

I do agree they didn't apply enough pressure sooner before he got legal protection. They didn't impound the car for two and a half weeks, and the last one to see her actually drove her Lexus the entire next day on some mysterious beach trip after she went missing. Why didn't they impound the car sooner? They had Red Flags to investigate early on said the sister. Lord, I hope they collected some evidence that leads the way. Could've called for a helper, and that trip was just a distraction for LE. I care. Maya was a beautiful, vibrant woman. If someone harmed her, then I want that person caught and behind bars.

This is just MOO.
Well, the pressure on Chris Watts started quickly and kept increasing fast. You said yourself the public can help solve crimes. Nickole, the woman who dropped off Shanann Watts from their trip that night was outstanding in calling attention to him that very next morning. She sounded the alarm immediately. Chris was not able to get away with a thing right from the start. She was right on the phone to police the next morning when she sensed something. There was I think one sheet in the trash when LE was searching the house and that must have tipped them off some. The man next door who had a video of Chris loading his crimes in his truck can be heard telling the police officer “He is not acting right,” the day Chris Watts' wife and daughters went missing. We all watched Chris squirm watching that video. Gosh, he squirmed with such guilt there and the neighbor told LE he's not acting right. Then. you had the mistress talking to LE. The interrogation was perfect too, and yes, it all fell into place with LE's continued pressure, but I say thanks to that woman neighbor they started a strong investigation right away.

Do they not have a home security from the inside or out?

btw I’m a newbie
Good morning and welcome to WS. I don’t have an answer for you but we’re glad you’re here.

The Facebook group “Missing Maya Millete Discussion & Theories” was founded just days after Millete was reported missing to the Chula Vista Police Department. It operates similarly to a neighborhood watch, spanning the nation and now hosting nearly 4,000 members.

“These cases and these faces — they’re not going to stay alive,” said Laura Patterson, one of the administrators of the page. “I don’t think there will ever be closure. The case won’t be solved without the media’s help.”

Patterson’s friend, Jess Lynn, was the founder of the page, as well as a larger true crime forum on Facebook, “Crime Lounge.” Starting from there, Lynn and Patterson help run several other pages like Millete’s, specific to individual cases.

“I started the group to be able to provide a safe place for the family to look for support and discuss any kind of plausible theory as to where May could be,” Lynn said, “but, ultimately, our mission was to help any way we possible can to help bring Maya home.”
Missing Chula Vista Mom: Facebook Group With National Reach Joins Search For Maya Millete

Do they not have a home security from the inside or out?
btw I’m a newbie
Welcome @Lynnie619. :) (I'm a 619 too.) I don't remember ever hearing anything one way or the other about a home security system. I don't think it was divulged. There's 45 pages of news articles and discussion here, but if we can help you catch up please let us know.

Thank you!

Welcome @Lynnie619. :) (I'm a 619 too.) I don't remember ever hearing anything one way or the other about a home security system. I don't think it was divulged. There's 45 pages of news articles and discussion here, but if we can help you catch up please let us know.

btw I’m a newbie
Oh, how cute your avatar is! I love it. I'll post some links. Hope you'll chime in and share your thoughts as you get more comfortable. There's some great people here. Well, it's late, I'm going to turn in now. Good Night.

Find May/Maya Millete | Facebook

Maya Millete | Facebook

Listen here:
Phone call with husband of missing Chula Vista mom, Maya Millete - ABC 10NEWS San Diego - Omny.fm

Mother-of-three who's been missing for a month had 'no positive communication' with her husband | Daily Mail Online

This eerily reminds me of Bellamy Gamboa the pleading family of the missing ...the silence of the spouse ...the leaving the kids not knowing of the missing whereabouts really sends a chill!!! we are all praying for you beautiful !!!

Edit to add the Oldest girls had to know that something was wrong when they didn’t leave for their trip wonder what excuses was given and it’s boggles me that Lm says he heard her in the kitchen but no references as to how ready she was for the trip surely she would’ve had bags packed at the door I travel and for such a trip I would’ve been prepared wondering if they inquired about luggage & such

Last edited:
Hey Y’all! I have been reading WS for awhile now, but just joined! I have been following May’s disappearance since day 1. And like most of u, I have tried to give LM the benefit of the doubt. It is not just 1 comment or 1 action(or lack there of)that makes him sus...it’s the totality of it all. If it was me or my spouse, OMG, we would be front and center desperately looking for the other! There is no excuse to why LM is not participating in looking for his WIFE AND MOTHER OF HIS CHILDREN!!! He lawyered up because he felt pressured?! How about feeling “PRESSURED” to find your wife! Those poor, sweet, innocent babies!!! They need their mommy back!!! We just need to find her already!!! LARRY, WHERE IS MAY???

Sometimes investigators spend too much time trying to find evidence to prove something happened vs spending time trying to dis-prove something ever happened.

Let’s just imagine there are cameras both inside and outside the house. We know for a fact there is a camera in the front of the house pointing downwards towards the driveway.

instead of trying to view the camera footage to search for evidence. Investigators should (amd they may have) view the frequency of footage before and after the time that the camera was “off”. This in itself can prove that an action was deliberate. Eg. Camera is on 99.9% of the time except for the period of time that the individual went missing. In other words, the investigators should focus on the inverse to prove a crime was indeed committed or at a minimum, allow them to formalize a “point” of interest if not person of interest.

and come to think of it, it may have been the probable cause required for the search warrant. It’s just bugging me that so much more could have been done to establish a formal party of interest and interrogate the hale out of them.

I shared an opinion very early on about CVPD’s limited experience with homicide cases. And obviously it was a statement of relativity. Chula’s 2-3 last year vs LA’s 350.

Let’s also take the Chris Watts investigation. The lead investigator wasn’t from the small town of Frederic Colorado but a special agent from the Colorado bureau of investigation who had 30 years and 170 homicides under his belt.

Who’s the lead investigator for May’s case? Lt. Fox and her team. Even though Fox has been with Chula for 22 years, it wasn’t until this past year she started with the investigative unit. And the team is very likely a rotation of beat cops into this special unit. Which means. At most a 3-5 homicide investigations at most since fox started. 80 at best in the past 22 years. Now that is if Fox was an investigator for 2 decades. Let me remind you. She wasn’t.

So what on earth is my point? My opinion is that the investigators could have put more pressure on would be suspects and persons of interest. I’m intentionally not calling out certain individuals. You can imagine that for yourself.

but back to my point. If you had more experienced investigators. They would have been able to achieve more from the time that May went missing to the point that Larry got smart and lawyered up.

the Chris watts investigator was so darn clever. Ended up having watts take a lie detector and admit to the murder within 24 hours of stepping foot into that police interrogation room.

I’ll stand by my opinion that was removed early on. Experience can be the difference between a “case closed” and a life long murder mystery. Part of me is terribly upset and disappointed that the investigators didn’t uncover more early on. Enough to publicly disclose even a POI. It’s heartbreaking. And I feel this case may truly be a mystery for some time.

not intending to bash or belittle their experience. Just stating their limited exposure to homicide and criminal endangerment investigations.

<modsnip>
In MOO, San Diego Sheriff is also probably working this, probably more SD municipal LE agencies too. Just a guess based on San Diego LE jurisdiction. The neighborhood is next to unincorporated areas of San Diego, and just moving around in SD county takes you through multiple jurisdictions. Without any info, I'd bet the Sheriff on this too.

Hey Y’all! I have been reading WS for awhile now, but just joined! I have been following May’s disappearance since day 1. And like most of u, I have tried to give LM the benefit of the doubt. It is not just 1 comment or 1 action(or lack there of)that makes him sus...it’s the totality of it all. If it was me or my spouse, OMG, we would be front and center desperately looking for the other! There is no excuse to why LM is not participating in looking for his WIFE AND MOTHER OF HIS CHILDREN!!! He lawyered up because he felt pressured?! How about feeling “PRESSURED” to find your wife! Those poor, sweet, innocent babies!!! They need their mommy back!!! We just need to find her already!!! LARRY, WHERE IS MAY???
IMO, I think we need to be cautious about assuming the husband is a POI, when LE hasn’t named one. They have all the forensics to determine that. I wait patiently for their report.

In the interim, I only care about the kids. Sadly, it would seem May’s earthly concerns are over,
and she has most likely departed. But until the husband is cleared by LE, those young kids should be removed to stay at relatives. Hurry up LE!

amateur opinion and speculation

Great post! ...and Welcome!!!
I would probably get arrested as I would be camped-out
all up in my Son-in-laws’s cool-aide. Mama Bear pressure 24/7 .

MOO

Appreciate your willingness to hold out for LM, however, it has been a month since May has been gone. A woman who does not participate in the seedier side of life. A woman who lives for her babies. A professional. An upstanding member of community. So, IMO, it really doesn’t leave alot of possibilities to what might have happened to May. If LM were to show up, let’s say like Scott Hollingsworth did when his wife Stephanie went missing, maybe “the husband”would not be so suspect. I was waiting to see him at a search or ralley. No shows. My goodness, I would feel relieved it he actually showed some support. Sometimes silence can be so deafening.

Appreciate your willingness to hold out for LM, however, it has been a month since May has been gone. A woman who does not participate in the seedier side of life. A woman who lives for her babies. A professional. An upstanding member of community. So, IMO, it really doesn’t leave alot of possibilities to what might have happened to May. If LM were to show up, let’s say like Scott Hollingsworth did when his wife Stephanie went missing, maybe “the husband”would not be so suspect. I was waiting to see him at a search or ralley. No shows. My goodness, I would feel relieved it he actually showed some support. Sometimes silence can be so deafening.
I agree @Baby2Baby. Maya’s case reminds me of another case many of us have been following here on WS, the Suzanne Morphew case. Suzanne went missing in Chaffee County, CO last May on Mother’s Day, 5/10/20, and there’s alot of similarities in Maya’s case and Suzanne’s-
Beautiful, vibrant, loving wife and Mother, upstanding member of community, low risk victim etc., who vanished without a trace, and a suspicious husband who didn’t/doesn’t show up for her. Suzanne’s husband of 26 years also didn’t participate in or attend organized searches, vigils, no pleas for his wife via MSM etc., etc. Unfortunately, Suzanne still hasn’t been found. :(
Don’t want to derail Maya’s thread, just pointing out some of the uncanny similarities in the 2 cases.

You’re so right, the silence can be deafening. I sure hope Maya is found soon, and that we’re not here 9 months later, 50+ threads deep, discussing her possible fate and wondering when/if someone will be held accountable.

My heart goes out to Maya’s children, her family, friends, and all those who love her.

IMHO

Last edited:
What? 8 hours in Solana Beach from 630 in the morning - so early, especially the day after a big argument. That's when he dumped the body for sure. The youngest was taken as an alibi, too young to know what's going on. January is not beach weather in San Diego, been cold and rainy lately too - I'm curious what the weather was on that day. Just my opinions, but he is looking real shady.

it was 67 on 1/8 thats not too bad. january is usually fine for the beach, maybe not to swim but a lot of ppl go there. surfers especially go early too but if that was the case here what was the 4 year old doing? so probably not that and im not disagreeing that if he did something to her, the rest of your speculation is spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hyacintha