CA CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This really could be Maya guys.
Gosh, Maya's family must have been waiting on pins and needles. They must be exhausted. The body is not her. At the very end of this news video, at the 01:38 mark, it says there is no indication the body is Millete, in fact, information shows it's not her.

Lake Murray: Woman's body pulled from the water (fox5sandiego.com)
"Chula Vista Police Department said Sunday evening that there is no indication the remains belong to missing mom of three Maya Millete."

Starts at about 53:55. I am just now watching this myself, so if there's any new info I'll bring it for discussion. This is for anyone who wants to hear/see all the details of Maya's case in one video.

One interesting thing Gray pointed out was how LM said he "let them (LE) search" the house, implying he allowed them to search (it's at about 1:10:14). Why wouldn't you allow them to search for your missing wife? One of the many slips of the tongue, I imagine. Imo.

A second interesting point, when describing what LM thinks has happened to Maya, he says, "well, maybe she was hiking and got into an accident, and if she fell, she'd have her phone right there." (It's along the lines of Barry Morphew and his mountain lion theory he tried so hard to push. That has always made me think that if Suzanne was found, it would be a real mess, and a mt. lion attack could actually be considered. He's setting up a possible scenario for her being found and the condition her body is in.) It's possible that's what LM is doing right here. Are there cliffs in or around the dunes? Or any significant cliffs around any of the areas that have been mentioned? Imo.

Couple of other things: Firstly, he says this is "embarrassing." How about terrifying? Tragic? Worrying? No? (Says so much about the way he thinks!) After that, he says he's "seen enough movies and documentaries about this stuff." Huh, interesting.

(I realize this stuff has been discussed earlier in the thread, it just stuck out to me (and to Gray) while re-listening to his interview.)

Last edited:
“They left at 6:30 a.m. in the morning to go to Solana Beach and they didn't come back until about 5 p.m. in the afternoon,” Drouaillet said.”
Human remains in East County appear unrelated to missing mom | cbs8.com

That's almost twelve hours. What was Larry doing for so long away from home? And how comes he didn't attempt to contact hiswife even once during these almost twelve hours, when there were kids left at home? I get that the situation between himand Maya was tense, but no sane person would vanish from home for such a long time, without making sure the kids are supervised by someone.

Gosh, Maya's family must have been waiting on pins and needles. They must be exhausted. The body is not her. At the very end of this news video, at the 01:38 mark, it says there is no indication the body is Millete, in fact, information shows it's not her.

Lake Murray: Woman's body pulled from the water (fox5sandiego.com)
"Chula Vista Police Department said Sunday evening that there is no indication the remains belong to missing mom of three Maya Millete."

Right!
...police detectives don’t believe it is Millete based on the description of the body.
Body pulled from Lake Murray

Where is Maya?

Last edited:
Over the years I have followed many missing persons cases and "typically" friends and family rally round to help with the children, the husband etc.

Friends on both sides step up. Food is delivered, family moves in temporarily or the children go to relatives while things get sorted out...or not.

This case defies that. LM sounds like he is pulling away from family and almost hunkering down in the family home with the children and doing nothing.

Have we heard from LM's family? LM's friends? Why is just Maya's family and friends that are out there?

For this reason I am concerned for the children. This is not "typical" behaviour for a man who's wife is missing, albeit it does appear they are irretrievably estranged. The children need as much family and familiarity as possible. I'm not sure that's happening but based on comments from Maya's family, LM is not engaging with them at all anymore and that doesn't make sense.

MOO I don't like what's happening with respect to the children. I don't think CPS can do anything because so far as "we know", the children aren't in danger.

If CPS takes the children anytime soon, I think we all know where this will be headed.

ALL MOO

Over the years I have followed many missing persons cases and "typically" friends and family rally round to help with the children, the husband etc.

Friends on both sides step up. Food is delivered, family moves in temporarily or the children go to relatives while things get sorted out...or not.

This case defies that. LM sounds like he is pulling away from family and almost hunkering down in the family home with the children and doing nothing.

Have we heard from LM's family? LM's friends? Why is just Maya's family and friends that are out there?

For this reason I am concerned for the children. This is not "typical" behaviour for a man who's wife is missing, albeit it does appear they are irretrievably estranged. The children need as much family and familiarity as possible. I'm not sure that's happening but based on comments from Maya's family, LM is not engaging with them at all anymore and that doesn't make sense.

MOO I don't like what's happening with respect to the children. I don't think CPS can do anything because so far as "we know", the children aren't in danger.

If CPS takes the children anytime soon, I think we all know where this will be headed.

ALL MOO

I sincerely hope San Diego County can get out of the purple quarantine tier so that the CVESD can reopen.
Going to class will be a much needed outlet for these two young girls.
Hopefully they will have understanding and compassionate teachers to help relieve their stress.
Until then, I wonder if CPS can make a wellness visit????
Perhaps, CPS could make recommendations to LM on how to handle this situation.

I sincerely hope San Diego County can get out of the purple quarantine tier so that the CVESD can reopen.
Going to class will be a much needed outlet for these two young girls.
Hopefully they will have understanding and compassionate teachers to help relieve their stress.
Until then, I wonder if CPS can make a wellness visit????
Perhaps, CPS could make recommendations to LM on how to handle this situation.
I don't want them to wait that long. I'd like to see an emergency court order to remove those children immediately, and until such time as LE clears the father of any wrong doing. We can't "hope" that nothing horrible happens; something horrible has *already* happened! Get those kids out of there *NOW* until the father is cleared by LE.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I don't want them to wait that long. I'd like to see an emergency court order to remove those children immediately, and until such time as LE clears the father of any wrong doing. We can't "hope" that nothing horrible happens; something horrible has *already* happened! Get those kids out of there *NOW* until the father is cleared by LE.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I’m hoping her family is feeling the same sense of protection and urgency.
The BIL said:
“Our main goal has always been to find May, and now to protect the kids," Richard said.”

(Bolded and underlined by me)
‘Her Kids, They Need Their Mom' — Sister of Missing Chula Vista Woman's Tearful Plea

How long did it take for Kelsey Berret’s daughter to be removed from Patrick Frazee’s care? Does anyone remember?

Kaylee was taken into protective custody the day he was arrested then the custody hearings started.

Missing Colorado mom Kelsey Berreth's fiancé Patrick Frazee arrested for murder, solicitation for murder | 11alive.com

“Frazee was advised of his charges Friday afternoon from the Teller County Jail....
The couple’s 1-year-old daughter, who had been with Frazee until Friday morning, has been taken into protective custody.”

Kaylee was taken into protective custody the day he was arrested then the custody hearings started.

Missing Colorado mom Kelsey Berreth's fiancé Patrick Frazee arrested for murder, solicitation for murder | 11alive.com

“Frazee was advised of his charges Friday afternoon from the Teller County Jail....
The couple’s 1-year-old daughter, who had been with Frazee until Friday morning, has been taken into protective custody.”
That’s what I thought, I was under the impression she kept her until his arrest.

That’s what I thought, I was under the impression she kept her until his arrest.

As long as Maya's isn't found, it will take a very strong case to file charges against anyone.
In the interim, would there be any recourse for CPS or through court to require time with Maya's family?
Am sure that family is getting good advice, but personally I know of nothing that can be done without legal action.
The alienation of the children from Maya's family is damaging.
It would be good if a counselor or friend or someone related to their church (if they are affiliated) could advise them about the harm being done if Maya's family is perceived with hostility by LM and his family.

IMO...MOO

Timeline: The Disappearance of Chula Vista Mom May ‘Maya' Millete

Google Maps

Millette is a mother of three. Here are 13 more things about her @ link.
  1. She and her husband Larry Millete argued over a Jeep Wrangler they brought with them on a family camping trip to the Glamis Sand Dunes in California over the 2021 New Year holiday, according to Maricris and her husband Richard Drouaillet. (a)
  2. Her family last saw her at her home on Paseo Los Gatos at around 5:00 p.m. on January 7, 2021. Her husband Larry Millete was the last person known to have seen her before she went missing. (b) (e)
  3. She and her family were supposed to travel to Big Bear Lake, San Bernardino County, California on January 9, 2021 for her daughter’s 11th birthday. (a) (b)
  4. She was 39 years old when she was reported missing at around 1:00 a.m. on January 10, 2021. Her three children were aged 11, 9 and 4. (b)
  5. On January 19, 2021, a page was set up for her. (f)
  6. Larry just stayed at home with their children and did not attend any of the community-led searches or vigils for her. On January 21, 2021, her niece Mikah Tabalanza thanked the community for giving them the strength and sending all those people to help them. (g)
  7. Larry retained a lawyer and was no longer cooperating with the missing person investigation, according to Chula Vista Police Departmentdetectives, Maricris said on February 4, 2021. (h)
  8. On February 8, 2021, she was still missing. Richard said, “It’s unthinkable. It’s agonizing. Every day it’s just a terrible feeling.” (d)
Maya Talabanza Millete biography: 13 things about Chula Vista, California woman
Find May/Maya Millete on Facebook Watch

Last edited:
I'm still not clear on which family members saw MM on 1/7 (Thursday), besides the kids. Also, first calls to PD were 1/9 (Saturday late PM; sorry News, you are unreliable), not Sunday the 10th. That doesn't make sense for a Saturday trip to Big Bear. In other words, by Saturday the 9th late PM when PD was first called, they had already missed the Saturday trip to Big Bear.

Starts at about 53:55. I am just now watching this myself, so if there's any new info I'll bring it for discussion. This is for anyone who wants to hear/see all the details of Maya's case in one video.

One interesting thing Gray pointed out was how LM said he "let them (LE) search" the house, implying he allowed them to search (it's at about 1:10:14). Why wouldn't you allow them to search for your missing wife? One of the many slips of the tongue, I imagine. Imo.

A second interesting point, when describing what LM thinks has happened to Maya, he says, "well, maybe she was hiking and got into an accident, and if she fell, she'd have her phone right there." (It's along the lines of Barry Morphew and his mountain lion theory he tried so hard to push. That has always made me think that if Suzanne was found, it would be a real mess, and a mt. lion attack could actually be considered. He's setting up a possible scenario for her being found and the condition her body is in.) It's possible that's what LM is doing right here. Are there cliffs in or around the dunes? Or any significant cliffs around any of the areas that have been mentioned? Imo.

Couple of other things: Firstly, he says this is "embarrassing." How about terrifying? Tragic? Worrying? No? (Says so much about the way he thinks!) After that, he says he's "seen enough movies and documentaries about this stuff." Huh, interesting.

(I realize this stuff has been discussed earlier in the thread, it just stuck out to me (and to Gray"argued" the night before the wife goes missing. I realize this husband does not sound like Maya's husband as far as his "way of life" however, it still mentions the "argument the night before" which caught my eye... AGAIN,, this happens so much, sadly'
""He told officials that he and his wife had an argument last Wednesday and that she left the home that evening. He said he thought he had to wait 48 hours to file a missing person report.
Found Deceased - NE- Amber Tjaden, 48, Weeping Water, 27 Jan 2021 (websleuths.com)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluestlamb