CA CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would you not want your kids to know you're working from home? I don't understand what a big house has to do with it?
Recently, there are days I’d give anything if the kid didn’t know I was working from home. You can’t even imagine the interruptions if it’s not your reality. My house is too small to get away with it. I can totally see a locked room for this reason, except according to LM, the girls were being homeschooled by Maya.

For those of you on the fence, or precariously hanging off the edge :) What is your theory other than the husband did it? How did she leave the house? I'm genuinely curious and open minded, but I can only see one thing, and I need some brainstorming ideas here.

Sorry, took a short break. I posted earlier in this thread (#202) about what I think are the most likely scenarios (copied and pasted below). Since then, I entertained several VERY unlikely scenarios that I won't even bother to repeat.

From my earlier post:

Looking at the most likely scenario I also focused on the three most likely possibilities and I've placed them in the order of how likely I believe they are:
1) Harmed/remains hidden by an angry family member
2) Harmed/remains hidden by a secret love interest who was angered because she refused to leave her family
3) Harmed/remains hidden by a random stranger

Like others on this thread, I've recognized red flags triggered by LM. However, I feel like there is a lack of compelling evidence against LM that would cause me to fall off the fence.

Due to the admitted distance in their marriage and separate interests and hobbies, I do believe that #2 above should not be discounted. Unless there is a camera at their home or a neighbors home, she could have easily been picked up by someone. I'm not judging her or even saying for sure she had a love interest, however I also can't say that she didn't...so it remains a possibility for me.

If something doesn't sit right, doesn't make sense, and seems hinky... then take note of it.

I happen to hear Dr. Phil say on his show "that even though he was taught to give people the benefit of the doubt, he thinks that’s “insane.” “I don’t think you give people benefit of the doubt,” he explains. “I think what you have to do is don’t be pessimistic, don’t be paranoid, but you just go at it and collect data.”

Thank You for telling us about having two profiles on one phone and one could be a VPN work related phone line. I believe that is what Maya had, one phone, with an ability to access her work phone line. Her husband and her sister made me think that by saying she was always on her phone, and husband implied for work, too, or so I thought.

Interesting, I didn't know if it was a work phone if she could use it as a personal phone too. Two phones seemed too inconvenient.

Soo... Do you think it would make it easier or harder for LE to track and trace her phone if it did have VPN apps? Maya worked as a Defense Contractor. I don't know if it would make any difference, but it seems her work phone would have more security measures and location capabilities.

I'm not sure if it would prove any more difficult, but I do believe there would be more apps to get warrants for, so in addition to her personal apps, they would (I assume) have to get additional warrants for the work apps. Unless her employer chooses to give that access to LE (as her employer most likely does have access to any activity on her work profile) they would have to get warrants. IMOO

ETA I have the option to turn my work profile off and on. So if I'm going on vacation, I can turn it off to avoid constant notifications or being able to be called through my work phone number, which rings to my cell phone if the profile is turned on. If I have the work profile off, I can't access work sites, email, etc.

Last edited:
Thank You for telling us about having two profiles on one phone and one could be a VPN work related phone line. I believe that is what Maya had, one phone, with an ability to access her work phone line. Her husband and her sister made me think that by saying she was always on her phone, and husband implied for work, too, or so I thought.

Interesting, I didn't know if it was a work phone if she could use it as a personal phone too. Two phones seemed too inconvenient.

Soo... Do you think it would make it easier or harder for LE to track and trace her phone if it did have VPN apps? Maya worked as a Defense Contractor. I don't know if it would make any difference, but it seems her work phone would have more security measures and location capabilities.

I thought about the work phone, because the husband called her boss and he confirmed she did not log in. So he already knew she wasn't coming in. From the information there is, it did not like look her boss asked where she was. So either she had contact through her work phone, or through the different profiles. Or someone else did...

If she does not show up for work, at least her boss would call the husband, right? Why was it the other way around?

If she does not show up for work, at least her boss would call the husband, right? Why was it the other way around?
True, so many times in following crime stories we hear how the boss or coworkers were concerned enough to call if the person didn't show up for work. I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing that Maya was able to work from home sometimes. With schools closed out here, it's become common for a parent to work from home. It's possible she was not driving into work every day. Her boss saying that she didn't log in may mean just that. Whatever husband says I take with a grain of salt. He never seemed to give the important details in his phone interview, IMO, but lots of confusing stuff.

That was on Monday he talked to Maya's boss, but what about Friday? She didn't work Friday and she wasn't at home either on Friday, except for LM wanting us to think she was. Fact-- she didn't work Friday or we would've heard about it from her sister or in news articles. As it stands now it seems no one heard from her on Friday nor saw her.

Side thought-- I wondered if it's possible Maya told her employer she was taking Friday off to plan the trip to Big Bear for her daughter's birthday. Again, if she was working from home then she wouldn't have logged in that day either.

I'm sure she had some friends from work that could probably fill us in on missing details. If they are also working more from home due to Covid they might not notice when she logged in or not. Hope I made some sense as it's late at night now. Good Night.

I'm surprised the children are still in the care of LM. LE conducted a search in the home to find evidence of something nefarious and yet they haven't named LM a POI.

The wheels are turning in the background I'm sure.

moo

I'm surprised the children are still in the care of LM. LE conducted a search in the home to find evidence of something nefarious and yet they haven't named LM a POI.

The wheels are turning in the background I'm sure.

moo
Would LE leave children with LM if they suspected he was involved in criminal activity (Maya disappearance)?

amateur opinion and speculation

Would LE leave children with LM if they suspected he was involved in criminal activity (Maya disappearance)?

amateur opinion and speculation

I don't think they have a choice at this point. If they suspect him but have no proof, the children can't be removed.

Have LE even asked for help searching for Mya? Are they searching themselves?

MOO

If they suspect him but have no proof, the children can't be removed.
MOO
Snipped and BBM for focused response.
Unless the tests are still pending, it's been awhile since the search of the cars/home. If LE detected obvious signs of a criminal act such as blood (via luminal) they would have arrested him IWT? Leaving him with children would open them up for significant legal exposure if he snapped and hurt those kids. *If* he felt he was going to "go down", a criminal might be that desperate.

I point this out because it seems to reinforce (unless the tests aren't back), that no verifiable signs of a criminal act have been found that can be associated to the husband. Luminal would have tipped them off immediately, and testing any blood residue against May's profile wouldn't have taken long at all, IMO.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Snipped and BBM for focused response.
Unless the tests are still pending, it's been awhile since the search of the cars/home. If LE detected obvious signs of a criminal act such as blood (via luminal) they would have arrested him IWT? Leaving him with children would open them up for significant legal exposure if he snapped and hurt those kids. *If* he felt he was going to "go down", a criminal might be that desperate.

I point this out because it seems to reinforce (unless the tests aren't back), that no verifiable signs of a criminal act have been found that can be associated to the husband. Luminal would have tipped them off immediately, and testing any blood residue against May's profile wouldn't have taken long at all, IMO.

Amateur opinion and speculation
I’m not sure how it works, but I remember the Michelle Parker case, and even though the husband was named a suspect, he moved out of state with their twins and NEVER lets Michelle’s family see them.
Sadly, she still hasn’t been found, and he hasn’t been arrested. :(

I’m not sure how it works, but I remember the Michelle Parker case, and even though the husband was named a suspect, he moved out of state with their twins and NEVER lets Michelle’s family see them.

This is the case that got me sucked into MP cases. I still constantly check-in on that case to see if anything comes to light. I feel so bad for Michele's family!

There should be prohibition to move out of State from that point onwards, if there was, it'd be kidnapping and crossing Federal lines so they could charge them easily.
Anyhow, taking the kids and isolate them from their deceeased/missing mom's family, guilty or not is a very low move.

JMO.

If LE detected obvious signs of a criminal act such as blood (via luminal) they would have arrested him IWT? Leaving him with children would open them up for significant legal exposure if he snapped and hurt those kids. *If* he felt he was going to "go down", a criminal might be that desperate.

So if it isn't obvious, I've always been on one side of the fence. I agree. If they found blood with luminal, then LE would have arrested him. But it seems they haven't found blood and as @Tealgrove pointed out, there's probably no proof to immediately remove the kids. To me, this only narrows down the method to which LM may have harmed MM. No blood was shed assuming the luminal tests were all negative. It's clear the LE is holding their cards close to their chest.

Does anyone know why Glamis was searched right away? In MOO, law enforcement must know or suspect that Glamis was a possibility or they wouldn't have searched there. There must be some connection other than MM likes jeeps.

Report of Glamis search:

Search continues for missing Chula Vista mother of 3

"On Jan. 13, more than 100 people searched trails at Mount San Miguel Park for any sign of Millete. In an interview with Court TV, her brother-in-law said searchers had also looked in the Glamis area in Imperial County without success."

Seems like they had a theory about the Glamis area. Maybe that is a spot she liked to go to with her Jeep. SPECULATION - Perhaps it was to get particle samples of dirt to use as a control for the air filter tests they did on LM's truck? Either way they seem to be done with whatever they were doing out there.

There should be prohibition to move out of State from that point onwards, if there was, it'd be kidnapping and crossing Federal lines so they could charge them easily.
Anyhow, taking the kids and isolate them from their deceeased/missing mom's family, guilty or not is a very low move.

JMO.
ITA! I think it’s horrible to do that to the kids and their family members. MOO

I'm surprised you had no problem driving back into the US without a Passport. I haven't gone across in a long time, but I thought I had to have Passport to get back into the US. It must be your friendly, innocent face. :p

What Do I Need to Cross the Border From Tijuana to San Diego? (usatoday.com)
What to Bring
Have your passport or a valid photo ID ready when entering the border crossing. U.S. citizens must have a valid, unexpired passport or an Enhanced Driver's License to come back into the U.S. Resident aliens must have a valid green card. Children under the age of 16 can show an original or certified copy of a birth certificate when arriving into the U.S. via land. However, a passport is always the best option when traveling in and out of the U.S. Be sure your passport is valid for at least one month past your travel date and have a blank page for any stamps.

its usually me, my husband and at least two of the kids if not 6 lol. they advise you to have it but driving back its never been an issue. FOR SURE you do need one for flying into or arriving by cruise ship. and probably by bus or train.

Last edited:
Yes, and when LM came back home, surely the daughters would express some concern that their mother never emerged from her room. The first thing most spouses (or even ex-spouses) would do would be open the door for a welfare check! We know LM was able to locate the key because he found it later when May's dad showed up. So he must have had a strong reason to refuse to unlock the door.

IMO, the daughters would have certainly begged their father to open the door UNLESS
  1. their mom shutting them out and ignoring them for long stretches of time was a regular occurrence so it didn't seem unusual to them, or
  2. they were too afraid to ask their father anything about their mom due to known strife and tension between LM & Maya.
I feel #2 is much more likely than #1. The kids HAD to have known their parents did not get along and I can't see how there wasn't a lot of tension in the house on an everyday basis. Feeling constant tension and perhaps witnessing arguments or worse between their parents would be quite upsetting and frightening for the children, and they may have learned the best way to deal with it was to avoid asking questions or talking about it with their dad. Maybe they quietly & secretly communicated their concerns to trusted members of Maya's side of the family, and that's why May's brother and later father showed up so quickly to check on her.

I suspect something of interest to the investigation was locked in Maya's room until some point on Friday/early Sat morning. Whether any remnants or clues remained by the time investigators came with the search warrant is the big question.

#2 seems likely. i was thinking that. the older two girls may know that mom and dad are on bad terms and dont want to call attn of one to the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en