CA CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This can only mean one thing. That what he (LM) already said/stated to the press and LE, the lawyer deemed as a disadvantage for the future.

And/or some of the evidence from the search of the house has come back and it's incriminating...

I hope the kids are safe. Aren't they still with him? Josh Powell comes to mind, unfortunately. I cannot imagine the worry of Maya's dear siblings. Heartbreaking.

Oh, wow, you never know, though. I remember in Hannah Graham’s case (missing UVA student), she was missing for I think about a month when skeletal remains were found. Turned out to be her, sadly.

Also skeletal remains is a vague term. I wish they would be more specific and say fully skeletonized, badly decomposed, decomposed, or just a corpse. It really would give people a better idea of what they was found.

All the far flung scenarios, are usually, just that. Far flung theories.
Creating red herrings.
Defence attorneys LOVE far flung theories.
Usually the obvious, with data backup from the history of many murders investigated before...lead to the truth.
In regards to this subject, if you've never watched the true crime series "I survived" it is now available on Amazon Prime, if you are a member, for free.
This is a documentary series about people who survived crime, from all over the USA.
Very eye opening. Not for the faint of heart.
I personally learned a lot from these victims and their stories.
I highly recommend watching this.
MOO
Thank you for noting that Kali! I’ll definitely be watching it.

And/or some of the evidence from the search of the house has come back and it's incriminating...

I hope the kids are safe. Aren't they still with him? Josh Powell comes to mind, unfortunately. I cannot imagine the worry of Maya's dear siblings. Heartbreaking.

This is of great concern to me...the children. I hope that LE or the other relatives were able to speak with the children before LM lawyered up.

I worry about them being basically "locked in" the house with him. I hope he doesn't influence their memories or coerce them in anyway. LM is under a lot of stress right now, which often makes parenting more difficult anyway. Hopefully he'll allow someone to help care for the children while he deals with legal meetings, etc. An 11-year-old shouldn't be burdened with the care of her siblings, especially now.

Basically, this is a hot mess. And, I don't think anyone will intervene without cause...UGH!

Does LM work? I don't think I've seen that information anywhere.

Is his family being supportive and helping him?

Missing Chula Vista Mom: Husband Retains Attorney, No Longer Answering Police Questions (fox5sandiego.com)
"CHULA VISTA, Calif. – The husband of a missing Chula Vista woman has retained an attorney and no longer is answering police questions, authorities said Wednesday.”
Bingo IMO
Let's just call it what it is - LM admitted there was an argument prior to Maya's mysterious disappearance. He did not report her missing, nor did he attend vigils or searches. He chose to minimize and deflect her absence, "maybe she's wine-tasting in Temecula". He offered excuses, which fall flat in contrast to the gravity of his wife of 20+ years suddenly disappearing.

Had it not been for Maya's family advocating for her from the onset, this case would have been a couple lines in a news story which quickly faded. LM is no longer cooperating with the investigation, that tells me all I need to know. I'm looking forward to hearing from Marichris and her husband, hopefully they choose to speak out now as it seems the charade is over. Just MOO.

what's the husband's state with police (is he a POI or suspect)?
Asking in order to know the boundaries of conversation.

Needless to say it's not looking good at all.
Lawyering up tells me nothing to be honest, but adding that with not cooperating with police really does.
Why would you not

what's the husband's state with police (is he a POI or suspect)?
Asking in order to know the boundaries of conversation.

Needless to say it's not looking good at all.
Lawyering up tells me nothing to be honest, but adding that with not cooperating with police really does.
Why would you not
Status still the same as far as I can tell.
LE are obligated to rake him over the coals to see if he discloses any info that would imply involvement in Maya's disappearance. It makes perfect sense that he would secure an attorney (and should), and should communicate through that attorney. If he has stopped responding altogether (through his attorney or otherwise), I agree that would be wrong....unless they are asking for information that doesn't pertain to the case.

From my perspective, he still doesn't fit the profile of a murderer, but then again, many don't. I remain open minded. This poor family. Ugh.

Amateur opinion and speculation

https://www.10news.com/news/local-n...and-of-missing-chula-vista-mom-retains-lawyer

He told ABC 10News that he retained an attorney based on the advice from family and is grateful for the investigator's efforts and the community to help find Maya, adding that he would like the focus to remain on finding Maya.

Paraphrasing here: ABC10 also said they learned from Maya’s sister that the police department called her family Wednesday, and asked to meet with them. She said they were told LM had hired an attorney. She said she was surprised and hurt by this news.

My thoughts: this poor family. I’m imagining the feeling the sister felt when the police finally asked to have a meeting with them. My mind would have been reeling with apprehensive thoughts on what they were about to tell me. And, as others have been pointing out—what of the three children? This is all so terrible.

Still no POI named but the investigation seems to be headed in a particular direction.

Clearly it was important to LE to have a meeting with the family to advise them that LM had retained a Lawyer.

Interesting that the Family didn't know already. So LM didn't feel it important to let his inlaws know what he was doing. It doesn't appear that he's communicating with his wife's family if they had to have LE break this news to them.

Amateur Speculation and MOO

I'm not sure what the laws are there regarding children being interviewed by police. I surmise that a parent must be present and/or an attorney. If the children piped up and said something when LE was in the vicinity, I'm sure it was noted. If the spouse isn't talking, I seriously doubt the children are talking. Now, if the children are separated and placed with a therapist for treatment, then those notes would likely be presented via a guardian ad litem or some such procedure. JMO but that seems the most logical way to get info from the children, naturally or organically, rather than actually interview them.

I'm not sure what the laws are there regarding children being interviewed by police. I surmise that a parent must be present and/or an attorney. If the children piped up and said something when LE was in the vicinity, I'm sure it was noted. If the spouse isn't talking, I seriously doubt the children are talking. Now, if the children are separated and placed with a therapist for treatment, then those notes would likely be presented via a guardian ad litem or some such procedure. JMO but that seems the most logical way to get info from the children, naturally or organically, rather than actually interview them.

TBH I have always thought that the 11 year old might hold the key to a lot of things. Although she's only 11 she knows what's going on in that house. What is normal and what is not. Mom goes to her room and locks herself in a lot or not. Fights between parents. Anything physical. She may even have heard what they have fought about.

What happened between the fight on Thursday night and then what went on all day Friday are extremely important. The children will know some of it.

It's a VERY delicate situation. No child wants to be in this position.

Boy oh boy. What a mess.

MOO

Let's just call it what it is - LM admitted there was an argument prior to Maya's mysterious disappearance. He did not report her missing, nor did he attend vigils or searches. He chose to minimize and deflect her absence, "maybe she's wine-tasting in Temecula". He offered excuses, which fall flat in contrast to the gravity of his wife of 20+ years suddenly disappearing.

Had it not been for Maya's family advocating for her from the onset, this case would have been a couple lines in a news story which quickly faded. LM is no longer cooperating with the investigation, that tells me all I need to know. I'm looking forward to hearing from Marichris and her husband, hopefully they choose to speak out now as it seems the charade is over. Just MOO.

Exactly!
From what I read and saw on her social media...she is clear about what is important to her. Her children , who she takes everywhere...from the sand dunes to the Eiffel Tower. Her family...she’s hugging her mom, she confides in her sister..her BILaw is crying buckets on the news. Her friends adore her.
She so wanted that Jeep forever...she finally got one and it takes her & the kids to amazing places. She states this on SM. She joined a Jeep club. She takes tons of pics/videos with her phone. She holds down a stellar job, balances it all ...presents herself as extremely accountable.
So WHY would she leave these very important things?
Leave them ALL suddenly. No communication? No instructions?
No apologies? No money withdraws? No phone pings? No Jeep? Nothing.
The only thing she was possibly leaving - was him.
And THAT is the most dangerous time for “the leaver” IMO.

MOO and personal experience.

TBH I have always thought that the 11 year old might hold the key to a lot of things. Although she's only 11 she knows what's going on in that house....
Husband of missing Chula Vista mom retains lawyer, police say (10news.com)

Great observations and thoughts.
One minute you're a kid about to have a birthday party ...
It's painful to even think about what the 11 yr. old is going through.

Maya's family has been gracious in the news concerning LM. They made light of his odd behavior, and his comments about Maya, and his not being at the vigil. Now, it sounds like he didn't tell them about retaining an attorney. That news made even me have an anxiety attack. MOO, no I don't trust him, I think he's slicker than some realize, and I'm worried the children are in the middle of all this tension. This must be incredibly hard for Maya's family, but I think their hands are tied for now. Keeping them in my prayers.

Exactly!
From what I read and saw on her social media...she is clear about what is important to her. Her children , who she takes everywhere...from the sand dunes to the Eiffel Tower. Her family...she’s hugging her mom, she confides in her sister..her BILaw is crying buckets on the news. Her friends adore her.
She so wanted that Jeep forever...she finally got one and it takes her & the kids to amazing places. She states this on SM. She joined a Jeep club. She takes tons of pics/videos with her phone. She holds down a stellar job, balances it all ...presents herself as extremely accountable.
So WHY would she leave these very important things?
Leave them ALL suddenly. No communication? No instructions?
No apologies? No money withdraws? No phone pings? No Jeep? Nothing.
The only thing she was possibly leaving - was him.
And THAT is the most dangerous time for “the leaver” IMO.

MOO and personal experience.
^^^^^^^^THIS!

Well, I guess he can forget the "private person" stuff because he just made the NY Post! I bet he didn't see that coming....
Lawyering up is one thing (and actually a good thing to do), but not cooperating to help find your spouse, the mother of your children, is unconscionable. Step up buddy!

Amateur opinion and speculation

Search Continues for Missing Chula Vista Mom

“It’s tough, because he is our family,” said Drouaillet, who added that Larry Millete has been “distancing” himself and his children from Maya’s side of the family in recent weeks.

“We can’t imagine him doing anything to our sister,” said Drouaillet who said the situation has been hard on everyone.

Drouaillet said if she could speak to Larry she would ask him to help the rest of the family find Maya. “Show that you do care for my sister. Show that you do love her. That’s all I’m asking.”

The family has plastered posters of Maya’s face all across Chula Vista and organized several searches on the hills near her home near Mt. San Miguel Park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper