CA CA - Michael Vanzandt, 36, Hermosa Beach, 5 March 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Family And Police Continue Search For Missing Veteran

April 18, 2016 4:55 PM

JACKSON (WWJ) — After more than a month of searching, police and family members say there is still no sign of what happened to a former Jackson, Michigan man, who disappeared after a night out with friends in southern California.

Air Force veteran Mike Vanzandt, 36, was last seen March 5 at a nightclub in Hermosa Beach, California...

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2016/04...e-search-for-missing-former-michigan-veteran/

I didn't see a thread for this Michigan man who went missing in California on March 5. If the case has already been posted, please merge or delete. Thanks. I didn't know about MV until I heard the story on WWJ radio a few times today.

Family continues search for missing local Air Force Veteran

BC30148EB7594FC893DECD755D21F6DF.jpg

The type of person you can count on: that's Air Force veteran Mike Vanzandt."If anyone could survive anything, he could survive it," says Mike's mother Robyn Gretz.

http://www.wilx.com/home/headlines/...edium=social&utm_source=facebook_WILX_News_10

According to the Find Mike Vanzandt Facebook page, Texas Equusearch Search and Recovery (TXEQ), they have agreed to help with the search and would have no problem traveling to Ca to assist. :tyou: TXEQ!!!

This has been researched and the person they thought was him with another group was actually not him in the video. All it shows of Mike is he is wandering around the plaza looking for his friends after he went into the liquor store.

Does anyone know if there have been any organized searches or if there is a FB page dedicated to the search for Michael? He's from my general area. I also don't think he just needed to get away for awhile. I fear something happened to this father of three.

There has been a few organized searches, water, helicopter and metal detectors. Yes, there is a FB page dedicated to him also, however I think they just changed it to "Private" as they were getting unrelated posts on it.

:welcome5: Spartygirl, glad you decided to join us! I know there are many people here who would like nothing better than for Michael to be reunited with his family and friends.

:welcome5: Spartygirl, glad you decided to join us! I know there are many people here who would like nothing better than for Michael to be reunited with his family and friends.

Thanks for the Welcome !!! I was happy to see Michaels info on here and am so glad I joined this group !!!

UPDATE: A Missing Persons organization just called the family and has offered their services. It would include retired and working Private Investigators, Retired police and volunteers to go to Hermosa Beach area and search and Investigate !!! Praying they will find some answers !!

Some points from the article. The bolded one about a fraudulent purchase needs to be fully vetted. That's just way too circumstantial to overlook the possibility that he was robbed and killed.

He and his friends had been waiting in line at American Junkie and he needed to use a restroom.

At 11:27 p.m. on the night of March 5, he is seen walking northwest through the parking lot at The Mermaid. After that he vanished.

Tyler said that his brother liked to swim late at night, after drinking, so his initial gut reaction was that Mike might have gone swimming. It was a rough night, so even though he was an advanced diver, the current could have taken him under.

One email from his bank asking about a fraudulent charge gave her some hope, but it wasn’t him. Someone in Africa had gotten his credit card number and attempted a purchase.

A local search dog with Team Amber tried to follow Mike’s scent a couple of weeks ago, but lost it after the liquor store.

This is right in my neck of the woods and is pretty big news here as we don't get a lot of missing people in the beach cities. The liquor store he went to is right on the corner by the "main street" so maybe someone or some people he pissed off drug him in the van....but even that sounds crazy because at that time of night there's still a ton of people walking around. The police have a big presence right along that area too. Or perhaps he fell off the Hermosa Pier in to the water, hopefully unintentional. This is a strange one and am hoping he's found soon.

**BBBM**
Hi Lucy's Mom...just curious about this van you speak of ??? If someone Pi$$e$ people off, do they get dumped into a van ?? or slip them something in their drinks //(drugged) ??? THIA
We are all still praying for some answers

**BBBM**
Hi Lucy's Mom...just curious about this van you speak of ??? If someone Pi$$e$ people off, do they get dumped into a van ?? or slip them something in their drinks //(drugged) ??? THIA
We are all still praying for some answers

The van thing is quite possibly the least likely thing, the pier is usually pretty populated and someone would have seen that.

I wonder if he wandered inland to maybe find an alley or something to pee in and something happened there.

It's most likely he's in the water, you would think he would have been found, but sometimes it takes months

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatMeryl
Back