GUILTY CA - Michelle Hoang Thi Le, 26, Hayward, 27 May 2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"A team of 35 investigators scoured about 30 square miles of canyons, fields and hills in southeastern Alameda County on Friday, but came up empty-handed in a search for missing nursing student Michelle Le."

http://www.contracostatimes.com/bay-area-news/ci_18251351

Another article about the search. FWIW, I think you would have to have specific knowledge to find a body in the canyon, it has roads and residences, but it's still very wild, woodsy, rocky, and steep.
http://unioncity.patch.com/articles...-for-michelle-les-body-with-no-luck?ncid=M255

No new news on my end except I did read about them searching the canyon. That canyon is very big. I was glad to hear they were using dogs though.

The car issue does have me confused also. Why would they park her car back by Kaiser? Especially if there was blood in it. Surely they knew those streets closeby would be searched. Very puzzling. I would think they would try to get rid if the car. Very strange.

And I read yesterday that Hayward has a crime rating of 20 across the nation ( with 100 being the best)

Scary statistics and I think LE is stretched thin for resources.

I am guessing the searches are based on cell phone pings? I can't imagine what else is leading them to canyons, etc...

I am guessing the searches are based on cell phone pings? I can't imagine what else is leading them to canyons, etc...

I would imagine. I believe they had pings from that area - Union City and Fremont I think. I'll have to re-check. That canyon would be a most likely place someone would go if they were trying to hide Michelle.

I'm thinking that the cell phone pings are what the police are going by. It's good to see they are searching for her. Especially the fact that they had 35 investigators look for her. That's a lot of help. 30 square miles is a lot to comb through considering it's a lot of woody areas. I'm sure eventually they'll find her.

I remember the story of James Kim who was my coworker back then at CNET. They found his family alive because of their cell phone pings. It would've been a different story if they didn't try to use their cell phone. Thankfully that technology is around to help pinpoint where people might be.

I'm thinking that the cell phone pings are what the police are going by. It's good to see they are searching for her. Especially the fact that they had 35 investigators look for her. That's a lot of help. 30 square miles is a lot to comb through considering it's a lot of woody areas. I'm sure eventually they'll find her.

Michelle’s car was found the next day about a half-mile from the hospital on Ponderosa Court. Police said there was no sign of forced entry and her car appeared to have been left in a manner that someone cared about the car.

Michelle’s cell phone, which witnesses say she had with her, was not found in her car. Her family put up flyers in the area where her car was found in hopes of jogging someone’s memory.

Police say they did try tracking her phone. The phone pinged in Oakland, Union City, and Fremont but police say the information found was not helpful.

This is getting more mysterious by the day. So originally LE said there was no evidence in car...at the beginning they say "appears to have been left in a manner that someone cared about the car" then that turns to "there was blood in the car" later on...

And they also said the cell phone pings were not helpful - well maybe they wern't at the beginning. I just don't know.

Tommorow there will be a mass flyer give-out. I scouted a couple spots for the brother here in Hayward and got permission from a couple big parking lot managers for them to use....just doing what I can. The brother doesn't know Hayward so this will help the family hopefully. With everything else they have to handle I can't imagine.

The more I read the more I have hopes Michelle is alive.

Michelle’s car was found the next day about a half-mile from the hospital on Ponderosa Court. Police said there was no sign of forced entry and her car appeared to have been left in a manner that someone cared about the car.

Michelle’s cell phone, which witnesses say she had with her, was not found in her car. Her family put up flyers in the area where her car was found in hopes of jogging someone’s memory.

Police say they did try tracking her phone. The phone pinged in Oakland, Union City, and Fremont but police say the information found was not helpful.

This is getting more mysterious by the day. So originally LE said there was no evidence in car...at the beginning they say "appears to have been left in a manner that someone cared about the car" then that turns to "there was blood in the car" later on...

And they also said the cell phone pings were not helpful - well maybe they wern't at the beginning. I just don't know.

Tommorow there will be a mass flyer give-out. I scouted a couple spots for the brother here in Hayward and got permission from a couple big parking lot managers for them to use....just doing what I can. The brother doesn't know Hayward so this will help the family hopefully. With everything else they have to handle I can't imagine.

The more I read the more I have hopes Michelle is alive.

bolded by me.

Did LE actually state that there was blood evidence found in the car? Thanks.

bolded by me.

What evidence led them to believe she is dead, I wonder, I just can't get past this, it is so seldom that LE calls a missing person a "homicide" unless there is obvious and massive signs of violence or a confession.

bolded by me.

Yes they say it here:

Police say a combination of factors led them to believe Le was killed, even though they have yet to find her body. They include blood evidence found in Le's car, cell phone records and video surveillance from the Kaiser Hospital garage where she disappeared, which has images of cars besides Le's that may play a role in the case.

When I go in Mon to work I'm going to ask the housekeepers about that blood they cleaned up in the parking garage. If it wasn't much then how can they say she was murdered??? I don't know how the LE make a determination like that but it seems premature to me. IMHO.

What evidence led them to believe she is dead, I wonder, I just can't get past this, it is so seldom that LE calls a missing person a "homicide" unless there is obvious and massive signs of violence or a confession.

And then, doesn't LE usually tell the family something specific? In this case they haven't, so there must be some special reason why they can't do that. I can't imagine what that reason might be.

Yes they say it here:

Police say a combination of factors led them to believe Le was killed, even though they have yet to find her body. They include blood evidence found in Le's car, cell phone records and video surveillance from the Kaiser Hospital garage where she disappeared, which has images of cars besides Le's that may play a role in the case.

When I go in Mon to work I'm going to ask the housekeepers about that blood they cleaned up in the parking garage. If it wasn't much then how can they say she was murdered??? I don't know how the LE make a determination like that but it seems premature to me. IMHO.

bolded by me.

Thanks for finding that quote about the blood evidence, DLynn!

As for the part I bolded: I hope you can find out something. It will be interesting--maybe they've been told not to talk about it.

And then, doesn't LE usually tell the family something specific? In this case they haven't, so there must be some special reason why they can't do that. I can't imagine what that reason might be.

What is stranger is them saying that part of their belief stems from cell phone and I believe video evidence...and yet they have no formal suspect? What on earth did they see on video, or determine from phones, that could point to her being dead, but not to who did it? I wonder if the spoke too soon, calling it a homicide and now don't dare say otherwise, as she may, in fact, be dead after all this time...

DLynn, I think it is wonderful the way you are helping ML's family. Thank you for doing all that you are doing for them. You are so good-hearted.

I also have been wondering like the rest of you how the blood evidence has led police to believe with strong conviction that ML is no longer alive.

I mean, even if they have determined that blood left at the scene belonged to ML, why couldn't it mean she could be alive, yet injured?

There must be a lot more that they aren't telling us, I guess...?

I've seen cases where LE has determined death would have resulted from the amount of blood at scene. I am very interested to hear what, if anything, DLynn can find out about the amount of blood that was found in the garage by the housekeepers. And still cannot believe LE would ask them to clean it up...hope they photographed it and did forensics, etc...

DLynn, I think it is wonderful the way you are helping ML's family. Thank you for doing all that you are doing for them. You are so good-hearted.

I also have been wondering like the rest of you how the blood evidence has led police to believe with strong conviction that ML is no longer alive.

I mean, even if they have determined that blood left at the scene belonged to ML, why couldn't it mean she could be alive, yet injured?

There must be a lot more that they aren't telling us, I guess...?

bolded by me.

That has to be it.

bolded by me.

Thanks for finding that quote about the blood evidence, DLynn!

As for the part I bolded: I hope you can find out something. It will be interesting--maybe they've been told not to talk about it.
No doubt they have been told to stay hush but I have a good friend in housekeeping that will tell me the truth.

I just have to watch my P's and Q's so I don't lose my job or endanger anyone elses job.

I hate cover-ups. It just rankles me.

FROM WWW.MICHELLELEMISSING.COM
Thought those of you in the area might want to pick up some flyers tommorrow:

We’re going to have a mass flyer distribution tomorrow. We hope to distribute as much flyers as possible. So please bring as many people as you can who are willing to post up flyers in the Bay Area ( Mainly Hayward).
Details:
When: June 12, 2011, 2:00PM
Where: 26231 Mission Blvd, K-Mart Parking Lot, park by the garden dept. facing Mission
Hayward, CA

Ok Assuming the worse.
Scenario 1
Someone parks their car in the garage or close to the scene. Calls Michele to meet her somewhere.
Michelle goes to her car and gets hit in the head which produces min blood.
They put her in the car and drive out. The camera can see a driver but they can be sure its
Not Michelle driving. Also they might have prints in the car from who drove it out or the lack of prints which means it was cleaned.
They drive her in her car wait until dark and do a quick(Sorry so harsh) do a quick dump in the Niles or on Palomares Rd.
If you drive those roads during the day you cant tell where the night lights are .(i.e. Houses etc)
You need to drive the road at night to see where it is darkest .
After they are complete they take her car to the drop spot and go to their car. Possibly in the garage.
If this was the senirio they wouldn’t have done a far drop they would have probably done something quick.

If her family can back track the events of her life it is possible that her car was recently serviced where they took her mileage. Then you could possibly estimate her distance from her home to the hospital then find the mileage now and maybe get a general radius to search.

I don't think she's in Niles Rd or Palomares Rd. They've searched it twice now and with helicopters.

Michelle could have been fighting back, that could account for the blood. So she could very well be alive still. If they wanted to kill her, they would have killed and left her. Why take the body and the trouble of disposing it? I think she was alive while leaving the garage and was transferred to a second car on or near Ponderosa Ct.

When was the last time you heard of gang members kidnapping people? I think it was someone she knew but not G.E. A male she worked or went to school with.

You dont drop the vehicle back at the scene unless you need to go back there.
You drop the vehicle as far away as possible, like the cell phone it could have been
thrown far from her throw a person off the trail. but I bet there is fingerprints on the phone.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KY Cliffhanger
Back