GUILTY CA - Michelle Hoang Thi Le, 26, Hayward, 27 May 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Do you think this was "the friend" she was going to travel to Reno with, but the woman feigned being over whatever disagreement she had with Michelle in order to get Michelle alone and do something to her?

Do you think this was "the friend" she was going to travel to Reno with, but the woman feigned being over whatever disagreement she had with Michelle in order to get Michelle alone and do something to her?

Interesting theory. I wish we knew the name of her friend and of the woman who was questioned.

According to this SF Chronicle article:
"She didn't call to cancel her trip and she never showed up to meet her friend." according to Hayward police Lt. Roger Keener.
http://tinyurl.com/4yv7am3

I wish we knew more about the Reno trip she was planning.

It has been reported that she was planning on driving to Reno after class on Friday after her shift ended at 10 p.m.

Does that in it self sound unusual, to be heading out so late for something like a 4-hour ride? I just know that for me, it would be. Maybe not for young people in their 20s? I don't know.

If she was doing this, though, then it be logical that her car would be packed with her travel things? So I wonder if they were still in her car.

I hope we can learn more soon, or that she is found! Too much time has passed!

According to this SF Chronicle article:
"She didn't call to cancel her trip and she never showed up to meet her friend." according to Hayward police Lt. Roger Keener.
http://tinyurl.com/4yv7am3

I wish we knew more about the Reno trip she was planning.

It has been reported that she was planning on driving to Reno after class on Friday after her shift ended at 10 p.m.

Does that in it self sound unusual, to be heading out so late for something like a 4-hour ride? I just know that for me, it would be. Maybe not for young people in their 20s? I don't know.

If she was doing this, though, then it be logical that her car would be packed with her travel things? So I wonder if they were still in her car.

I hope we can learn more soon, or that she is found! Too much time has passed!

BBM

It does not sound unusual to me. When I was in college, it was not unusual for me and a few friends to embark on a trip that late at night. In fact we did it often :twocents:

From the link 10news link....
http://www.10news.com/news/28088611/detail.html

"10News learned a 26-year-old woman was arrested and later released in connection with Michelle Le's disappearance. Hayward police searched the East Bay home and car of the woman, who was a former classmate of Michelle's at Mt. Carmel High School. Police took a computer and a cell phone. They said the two women recently had a falling out but that she is not a suspect at this time. "

Now that's an interesting development...

Very interesting...since Mt. Carmel High School is here in San Diego (and just a few miles south of where Chelsea King went missing - so it's inland SD County).

Interesting that her friend from high school is also living up in the Bay Area and that it's with a friend with history that there's been this apparent falling out.

If it really turns out to be a female who was involved, it just surprises me, for some reason, that it's someone that's clearly been a rather long time friend and a recent relational rift - I guess I'd think that's more likely for a guy to do something 'rash' in a situation like that than a female, especially when there are years of friendship prior.

That probably makes no sense but I know what I was trying to say! :crazy:

Could be it, whatever "it" is, was over a guy...seems to be what causes most problems between young women, even if only one of them sees a problem. Perhaps the ex-friend felt that Michelle had attracted or somehow interfered with a relationship.

The fb page is really doing a push today - asking everyone to tag themselves and 20 of their friends on the missing poster....and to change your profile picture to the missing poster, too.

I have lots of friends in the Bay Area so this sounds like a good way for me to spread the word...

I found out about this case today via a coworker who is good friend's with Le's roommate. He sent an e-mail out to our whole company with her Facebook page and recent news articles. We have hundreds of employees all over the Bay Area. Every little bit of visibility for this case helps!

Thanks for the correction, Columbo, I didn't get it right.

I will say, though, that in California, 50-60 miles is not really a great distance. People travel more than that on their commute in to work, you know?

That depends on when/where you commute. But, presuming she was abducted by the same perp from the Vallejo case, kidnapping people isn't 9-5 gig so you're not really worried about a commute per se.

I don't think this one and the Vallejo case are related at all.

/Michelle's posters all over my neighborhood

BBM

It does not sound unusual to me. When I was in college, it was not unusual for me and a few friends to embark on a trip that late at night. In fact we did it often :twocents:

Yeah, that's fairly common here in the bay area...bring your stuff and take off from work, especially if you can leave your car in the parking lot and not have to worry about it getting towed (as is the situation with most of the employers here in the SF Bay Area). 4-5 hours gives you plenty of time to pop some road sodas before you hit Tahoe, then Reno.

They have now released the name of the person of interest....but they're looking at others as well...

Police Declare Persons of Interest in Case of Missing California Nursing Student

"KGO-TV reported Thursday that Le's former friend, Giselle Estaban, is among those considered a person of interest in the case.

Estaban reportedly attended high school with Le in San Diego. Estaban reportedly claimed Le dated her boyfriend and then ruined her relationship with the man, who is also the father of her 5-year-old child, according to the station.

Police reportedly swarmed Estaban's apartment and confiscated her cellphone and computer after executing a search warrant.

"We know she's a former friend of Michelle's ... They've been disgruntled with each other in the past," Hayward Police Lt. Roger Keener told the station.

"Currently, she's the only one we felt we had enough to pursue further," Keener said. "It doesn't mean that more aren't going to come to light."

Estaban has denied any involvement in Le's disappearance and no charges have been filed against her.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/06/0...ing-california-nursing-student/#ixzz1OA45zRRZ
]

They have now released the name of the person of interest....but they're looking at others as well...

Police Declare Persons of Interest in Case of Missing California Nursing Student

"KGO-TV reported Thursday that Le's former friend, Giselle Estaban, is among those considered a person of interest in the case.

Estaban reportedly attended high school with Le in San Diego. Estaban reportedly claimed Le dated her boyfriend and then ruined her relationship with the man, who is also the father of her 5-year-old child, according to the station.

Police reportedly swarmed Estaban's apartment and confiscated her cellphone and computer after executing a search warrant.

"We know she's a former friend of Michelle's ... They've been disgruntled with each other in the past," Hayward Police Lt. Roger Keener told the station.

"Currently, she's the only one we felt we had enough to pursue further," Keener said. "It doesn't mean that more aren't going to come to light."

Estaban has denied any involvement in Le's disappearance and no charges have been filed against her.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/06/0...ing-california-nursing-student/#ixzz1OA45zRRZ
]

Looks like LE is trying to put the heat on with the public declaration of Estaban as a POI.

I wonder if Estaban now lives in the Bay Area? It wasn't really clear from the article.

It sounds like what I thought...something about a man and jealousy...:(

Michelle is our featured hot case on the front page. Hoping this helps find her!

:rose:

This article says she does. Her apartment is in Union City, which is next to Hayward. Also, I'm wondering if her name is actually spelled Esteban.

Thanks, Chili Fries....didn't they say her phone pinged (or was used) in the Union City area after she disappeared (correct me if I am wrong)? Not that there would necessarily be any connection.

I also wondered about the spelling of her last name.

Thanks, Chili Fries....didn't they say her phone pinged (or was used) in the Union City area after she disappeared (correct me if I am wrong)? Not that there would necessarily be any connection.

I also wondered about the spelling of her last name.
You are correct, her phone was traced to Union City. Maybe that is a factor in naming her a POI, maybe there are more phone records connecting her to Michelle.

The most recent article by the local ABC station has changed the spelling to Esteban and says:

Esteban told ABC7 News by phone she "openly hates Michelle" for once stealing her boyfriend in high school but is innocent of anything associated with Le's disappearance.

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/east_bay&id=8167555

Makes me wonder if LE believes they have had conflict over a guy more recently and Esteban is just downplaying it as having happened back in high school. Michelle is 26 so high school was a while ago.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mary0309
Back