CA CA - Mitrice Richardson, 24, Malibu, 17 Sep 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I really hope that this thread will get more attention and dedicated sleuthing from some of the many awesome folks on this site. I cannot think of a case that haunts me more than that of Mitrice Richardson. I have a lot that I'd like to contribute and again, I'm hopeful to see more eager eyes on this case and some ongoing, open dialogue would be such a great thing. Later, I plan to post some more, but for now, I just feel compelled to give this neglected thread a much-needed, well-deserved BUMP. I pray for answers and as a young woman, I feel so connected in various ways to Mitrice. I mean, this could happen to me or anyone. It's so disturbing and heart wrenching.

So again, BUMP for Mitrice Richardson, for her, her loved ones and for humanity...for JUSTICE.

I really hope that this thread will get more attention and dedicated sleuthing from some of the many awesome folks on this site. I cannot think of a case that haunts me more than that of Mitrice Richardson. I have a lot that I'd like to contribute and again, I'm hopeful to see more eager eyes on this case and some ongoing, open dialogue would be such a great thing. Later, I plan to post some more, but for now, I just feel compelled to give this neglected thread a much-needed, well-deserved BUMP. I pray for answers and as a young woman, I feel so connected in various ways to Mitrice. I mean, this could happen to me or anyone. It's so disturbing and heart wrenching.

So again, BUMP for Mitrice Richardson, for her, her loved ones and for humanity...for JUSTICE.
Bumping for what? Her family got their cash payout for doing zip. Unless you count withholding info about her mental instability. I'd love to see families with mental health issues acknowledge and manage their issues before the time comes where they stick out their hand and demand remittance for the loss of a family member. They were not being responsible for mitrice and they sure as heck weren't looking out for the safety of the community at large. And yep it's quite a bit like taleka Patrick with the finger pointing and blaming others for their failure to realize their situation. BTW in California your hands can be tied by laws and the family members themselves. People will still be there's demanding their payout.

:wagon: to Websleuths, CinnamonToast! :seeya:

It's a shame that she was not held at the station until her mother could pick her up. I commend this family for pursuing the legal action that might hopefully make the PD change their procedures so this doesn't happen to someone else in the future.
This puts the police in tough spot. I'm sure they'd get in trouble for holding someone in jail simply for acting weird. But they also get in trouble for releasing someone who's acting weird.

Unless you count withholding info about her mental instability.
My understanding was she didn't have a history of this level of mental illness. Her mother is heard on the recording telling the police she would come get her if they were going to release her that night because it would not be safe.

Mitrice hadn't arrived at the jail yet. The person on the phone probably thought her mother was afraid they would release her without giving her the opportunity to call for a ride. They didn't think about the possibility of her choosing not to place a call and running out into the night.

:wagon: to Websleuths, CinnamonToast! :seeya:

Thank you so much, NeverLetGo!!! I'm only just now seeing this. I need to learn how to receive notifications to my email when there are replies to threads where I have commented. I love this site so much and the majority of the people here touch my heart with their empathy, passion and hard work.

As for why I was and will continue to "bump" for Mitrice, I don't feel that it's kind to throw Mitrice out just because some people disagree with how her parents have handled this terrible loss. The bottom line: Mitrice was a victim of something really frightening and something I feel could happen to me or most anyone. I don't think that there is anything that anyone could tell me to convince me that she simply wandered off and died where she was finally found. I have read every single article and researched every crevice of this case and I know in my heart that Mitrice Richardson met with something so bad it rivals any horror film I've watched (and I've seen hundreds of them, as Horror is my favorite genre).

As for the mental health of Mitrice, who are we to judge or call what coulda, shoulda, woulda? I suspect that Mitrice was only in the relatively early stages of mental illness and as she was a busy young woman going about her life, it is unfair and unreasonable to expect that her family should've immediately known what to make of everything and then what? Have her committed? When I was in my early 20's, I suffered something of a "breakdown" and this was after never having any significant emotional or mental health issues. I spent over a DECADE misdiagnosed and over a dozen doctors didn't know what the heck to do with me. I was living way out in Los Angeles and my Mom was down in Texas feeling rather helpless to hear my decline in health (both mentally and physically). Long story short, it turns out that I had a crummy autoimmune disease that went undiagnosed until just over 3 years ago. Within months of being on the proper treatment, both my physical and mental health began to rapidly improve and now, I am back to feeling the best I have since I was about 20 or 21 years old! I am very grateful. I suppose that I am sharing all of this because I understand and have great empathy for those folks who suffer with mental illness, as well as the loved ones who don't know what to do or what to make of it all. This whole thing was a terrible sort of "perfect storm" and while I don't feel that suing the SD and all that was what I or my family would do in these circumstances, it really has nothing to do with the fact that Mitrice still deserves and needs justice. So, yes, I will continue to "bump" this for her. I feel a connection to this case and I also feel that Mitrice is someone I would've liked to have befriended.

Definitely one of the most bizarre missing cases. This one strikes me because I used to drive the route near where this whole tragedy happened.

I've settled on my extremely unlikely, ridiculous, silly conclusion because it's the only one that fits: she was somehow dropped from a helicopter or plane that nobody heard. Multiple people that visited her memorial said it was impossible to get where she was in the canyon -- they all needed special gear to get there. It also fits with a resident's statement that a few days after her disappearance he/she heard a long blood curdling scream that abruptly stopped.

It's tragic. So many people had responsibility in this even though the cause is still unknown.

"Six years later, case still haunts her family"

http://thewestsidegazette.com/six-years-later-case-still-haunts-her-family/

Six years after Richardson’s mysterious disappearance from the custody of the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department (LASD), there are still those who believe that law enforcement had a direct hand in Richardson’s death which, to date, remains unsolved.

Michael Rossen, the officer now in charge of the Richardson case, says it is classified as an “open death investigation,” according to Rhonda Hampton. Hampton says Rossen told her that the case is now “lead or clue driven … as clues come in, they will investigate them.”

Hampton does not believe this to be the case.

“Firstly, I don’t believe there are [or will be] that many people calling in with tips after five years; secondly … I personally know of two individuals who repeatedly contacted the sheriff’s department with information. One individual was never contacted. The other was contacted, but there was no follow-up by the sheriff’s on the information provided,” she said.

NNPA-SIX-YEAR-LATER-mitrice.jpg

Mitrice passed many homes and possibly a few 24 hour convenience stores on her walk from the police sub-station to where her body was found. Was her break with reality so far gone as to not stop and ask someone for help or to make a phone call to her family?

Mitrice passed many homes and possibly a few 24 hour convenience stores on her walk from the police sub-station to where her body was found. Was her break with reality so far gone as to not stop and ask someone for help or to make a phone call to her family?
I've always wanted to retrace her steps to see how she could have ended up where she did. I don't believe police where involved. She was having a mental episode from what it sounds. Was she picked up by a passing motorist, a local in a nearby house, or she walked to the location and fell to her death or died from the heat? Or she encountered someone on her walk? Hard to say.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

On YouTube, there is a video of how far it was to walk from where she left the substation to where she was found in that newsman's back yard. No way she could've walked all that way; someone had to have given her a ride at least part of the way. The guy in the video is driving and it's still a long distance, even from behind the wheel.

Mitrice Richards Body Found; No Sign of Murder

“Cece Woods - I wanted to share with you the initial news reports of how Mitrice Richardson's body was found and the way in which the public, as well as family and friends ,was deceived when her remains were discovered. It was a known fact that her partially mummified remains were discovered Naked and that her clothing was found down stream, yet initial reports fail to report that fact. It was also known, as the arresting officer admitted, that he detained her because he was concerned for her safety as she was acting "ditzy" although the focus on the article is on he being arrested for failure to pay her restaurant bill. The first line from the LASD was that there was no indication that she was slain, this is without any investigation and the short article goes on to say that we may never know what happened to her. I guess they made that possible by removing her body against the orders of the coroner's which was also left out of the article. But for local media (Anne Soble) we would not have much of the information that we found out about Mitrice Richardson's death and disappearance. And just for the record, I do not think all officer's are bad; however, any officer who has knowledge of what happened to Mitrice Richardson and any officer who has contributed in any way to covering up any maleficence on the part of the department is not a good officer in my opinion. The LASD can only control the narrative if the media allows them to. Keep doing what you are doing Cece Woods - your work is much needed and appreciated” - Ronda Hampton

I have never understood why they moved the remains and obliterated potential evidence and potential DNA in the process. They received orders from the Coroner to leave the scene intact, and yet LASD disrespected Mitrice even in death.

She didn't want to talk to her family. That's why she left the police station. They told her her mother was going to pick her up later and she demanded to be released, if she wasn't going to be charged. She didn't want to see her family. She could have sat and waited for them if she wanted to. But she didn't.

Does anyone have a link or know where I can find all of her Facebook posts days leading up to when she was arrested.
I work with many people with all types of mental illnesses and if Mitrice hadn’t slept in days beforehand, it would be interesting to see what her state of mind was like in those posts.

I know there was a FB page to help find her but I don't remember if she had one herself. A quick google search did not provide one to me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kcou111
Back