CA CA - Mitrice Richardson, 24, Malibu, 17 Sep 2009

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
IMO:
There was something wrong with Mitrice R that night.
She had left odd messages on her My Space page.
Supposedly, she had left same kind of messages with friends.
She went out to a nice dinner house dressed in a black Bob Marley
t shirt and blue jeans.
Her family says she always took great care in how she looked.
She had a full time job. She had at least one part time job.
She had disagreements with her family about her choice in partners.
She was expected to apply for a PhD program, but had not.
Some articles said she expected to meet friends for dinner.
But,
at dinner, alone, she was making peculiar statements,
i.e, avenge Michael Jackson.
at dinner, she joined another table.
She did not have money to pay the bill.
Great grandmother offered to pay, turned down by restaurant.
Police called.
Restaurant thought she was acting different.
Car searched.
Marijuana found, a small amount.
Mitrice is arrested.
She calls family.
They say they will be there to pick her up
either in the morning or as soon as
they were able to get there.
Mitrice leaves the police station
at 12:30a.m., dark,
no car, no cell, no purse,
and wanders off.
Six hours later or so, she is seen by neighbors quite a distance away.
Yes,
Mitrice was having some kind of breakdown,
emotional or psychotic break, but something.
The police really should have handled her
situation better, but they did not.
Legally, probably within what is required.
And now, does it matter?

Where in the world is she?
thank you for this synopsis dreamweaver!

This poor girl! IMO, she was failed by many that night - but not the restaurant. They knew there was something wrong and they did what they could to protect her. I hope she's ok, but I really don't have a good feeling about this.

http://thisblksistaspage.wordpress....bu-area-that-claimed-life-of-actress-husband/

Interesting bit of news about someone else missing in the same canyon years ago.
snipped'
Reality Check: Diahann Carroll’s 3rd Husband, Jet Editor Robert DeLeon, [...] Went Missing, and Found Dead In Same Rural Area of Malibu Canyon That Mitrice Richardson Is Missing

'snipped' for brevity'
In March of 1977, Robert DeLeon was found at the bottom of a canyon in Malibu, close to Topanga Canyon, in the wreckage of his totally destroyed Ferrari. He had been missing for several weeks, in this hilly forest in the countryside of Malibu, California.
This is the same place that Mitrice Richardson has gone missing currently, after the Malibu sheriff callously and carelessly let her wander, by their own account against their advice, while suffering an apparent mental lapse, into the coyote infested, steep deadly cliff area, that awaits those walking around at night. This area is dangerous for these same reasons during the day, as well.
'snipped'

I hope she is found soon. Maybe the full moon will help.

Salem

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-missing-woman8-2009oct08,0,4477292.story

8 Oct 09

Detectives assigned to the case say they believe Mitrice Richardson is alive and not a victim of foul play. They, along with family and friends, are tracking alleged sightings.

Exactly three weeks after Mitrice Richardson apparently vanished in Malibu Canyon, Los Angeles police detectives assigned to her case are convinced that the 24-year-old woman is alive.

"Mitrice is out there," LAPD robbery-homicide Det. Chuck Knolls said. "We don't believe she's a victim of foul play."

and

The missing woman's bank account and credit cards have shown no activity, according to Knolls, and every supposed sighting that has been checked out has led nowhere. If she were injured or dead in Malibu Canyon, rescuers and search dogs would have discovered her during a massive ground and air search two weeks ago, Knolls said.

much more at link; very interesting and tragic (in many ways)

http://thisblksistaspage.wordpress....bu-area-that-claimed-life-of-actress-husband/

Interesting bit of news about someone else missing in the same canyon years ago.
snipped'
Reality Check: Diahann Carroll’s 3rd Husband, Jet Editor Robert DeLeon, [...] Went Missing, and Found Dead In Same Rural Area of Malibu Canyon That Mitrice Richardson Is Missing

'snipped' for brevity'
In March of 1977, Robert DeLeon was found at the bottom of a canyon in Malibu, close to Topanga Canyon, in the wreckage of his totally destroyed Ferrari. He had been missing for several weeks, in this hilly forest in the countryside of Malibu, California.
This is the same place that Mitrice Richardson has gone missing currently, after the Malibu sheriff callously and carelessly let her wander, by their own account against their advice, while suffering an apparent mental lapse, into the coyote infested, steep deadly cliff area, that awaits those walking around at night. This area is dangerous for these same reasons during the day, as well.
'snipped'

I remember another case where a guy who went missing was found in this area - his car had gone off the road and was hidden from view. I'm sure there was a thread on him here - will see if I can find it. I remember thinking it was so unbelievable they hadn't found him sooner....

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82228&highlight=malibu

I remember another case where a guy who went missing was found in this area - his car had gone off the road and was hidden from view. I'm sure there was a thread on him here - will see if I can find it. I remember thinking it was so unbelievable they hadn't found him sooner....

It was a man from Thousand Oaks I think. There was no evidence pointing to where the car went into the canyon (no broken guardrail etc). The car was hidden in very thick brush and some hikers found the car after seeing the sun reflect off the metal.

That is how difficult this canyon area is to search. An article in the LA Times states that LE believe Mitrice is not in the canyon (easily could have missed her though) and foul play is not suspected. She is "out there" according to the article.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-missing-woman8-2009oct08,0,4477292.story

The number of possible sightings is unusual though, and she may have disappeared voluntarily if there was tension with her family.

I have a feeling that Mitrice has had a psychological break with reality, whether it be because she is in the midsts of her first schizophrenic episode or in the midsts of her first manic episode. I am hoping that she managed to wander her way back into the Los Angeles metropolitan area, and is somewhere on the streets, unaware of who she is... Hopefully she will be found very soon... Other possibilities seem to lead to grim outcomes.

Agoura Hills is where I am from. I lived there from the age of 2 yrs old until almost 20 yrs old. It's where I grew up. Where I went to elementary school through high school. I still have friends and family there, and visit quite often. It's my hometown. One of my sisters graduated from Pepperdine University, in Malibu.

Agoura is generally a pretty safe, upper class/ affluent suburb (believe me, as an adult now, I can't afford to live there myself), not known for high crime rates. But, as we all know, crime happens everywhere.

The 101 Freeway runs right through Agoura, and can take someone anywhere.

Yes, I remember. He was from Thousand Oaks (referred to as 'T.O.' by locals). Thousand Oaks is right next door to Agoura Hills.

His car and his remains were found at the beginning of this year (around March), down a culvert, buried underbrush along the side of (I believe) Pacific Coast Highway ( called 'PCH'), which is on the way to the beach. (Beaches, meaning Malibu and Zuma, particularly).

I was in T.O. visiting friends when his car was found. I remember reading about it in the local paper.

The people she had dinner with weren't her friends. Just some people she kind of latched on to at the restaurant. Which is a little bizarre by itself. Would seem kind of odd for a girl this age to go to a restaurant by herself.

Sadly I think they will find this one dead by the elements or something. I think they said there was a canyon in the area. Its just sad and strange. I just wonder what was wrong with this young woman, was she drugged or on drugs, did she have a breakdown?
Actually, there are canyons all through this area. Along with long, dark, lonely canyon roads.

Would not be hard at all to get lost out there in the dark.

Even more frightening though, is to imagine how scared and tired from walking she may have been (and cold, with the ocean breezes winding their way through the canyons, chilling you to the bone at night), if a seemingly nice stranger may have driven past, turned around and offered her a ride. That ride would be very hard to refuse. It would be very tempting to take your chances and accept.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/Yuri-Brown/2009/10/08/Mitrice-Richardson-Still-Missing

52:24 what happened to Mitrice BEFORE she got to G's? Why did she go there? Who was the last to see her before that?????? what was she doing????????????

eta: there are things that her mom knows about this that she "isn't willing to put out there at this point" (not sure if she just feels it is irrelevant or if she thinks it is pertinent and does not want to destroy the investigation???)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3
Back