GUILTY CA - Noe Medina, 7 mos, thrown from 4th floor of parking structure, Aug 2011 *mom arrested*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is right by my mom's house. It's the hospital where me and my brothers were born and my family treated throughout the years. It's horrible to drive by it and think of what this woman did to her baby. To squash your own baby like a bug and to do it in such a way that tons of people would see his little body, smashed! I am horrified and repulsed.

Noe, You were one cool little dude...

noe3d.jpg

Loved by your Dad... just the way you were.

noe5.jpg

Adored by your big sisters... you were just their baby brother.

noe6.jpg

You were getting stronger... you were doing well.

noe2p.jpg

You would have been just fine... if you'd been given the chance.

noex.jpg

Your big sisters... your Dad... I don't even want to think about what they are going through. :cry:

Rest in Peace Noe. I am so sorry. You deserved a chance to amaze them all.

noe4.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php...wall#!/profile.php?id=100002692731006&sk=wall

oh & she just had to do something that would cause the poor little guy even more pain than he's already gone through

why didn't she just jump off a building herself ... oh wait, she actually cares about her own life moreso than her helpless little baby

How horribly sad. It makes me want to cry. There are so many people who would have loved to have and raise this beautiful baby boy--including his own father.

I see his little face wearing that little helmet and my heart cries out "Why?" The face of perfection, a heart filled with love!

RIP, Little Noe! And prayers for your Daddy and Sisters!

ArmsOfAnAngel.gif

This is particularly sad because CHOC is just a special place for sick or children with problems. They are just miracle workers there and lovers of children.
It is a wonderful place and they have helped my children more times than once.

Mom's charges have been upgraded to murder.

This is so heartbreaking. Little Noe was beautiful just the way he was. My now 16 yr old son also suffered from plagiocephaly, wore a helmet as a baby and is perfect now in my eyes. My thoughts and prayers are with Noe's father and sisters.

This isn't going to be a popular post so be prepared.

I believe in the diagnosis of post partum depression and psychosis.

During teen years, pms, early in a pregnancy, just after giving birth, and during menopause hormones do make people pretty nuts. Depression, tears and confusion are pretty common. We all hear about most of those, many of us have talked about it. Most of us consider ourselves pretty 'normal'. But the hormonal changes affect each of us to different degrees. For some of us, we get the 'blues'. For others, we spend a lot of time crying. To others it may come out as argumentiveness or agression. When the hormonal levels even up, we go back to normal and secretly wonder why everyone else is making such a big deal of our 'little mood swings'. Or even that maybe it was all their fault, though we might admit to overreacting a little.

But just after birth the homone changes can cause disordered thinking so severe that it can cause psychosis. Usually in a psychosis the mother will either believe that the child is evil or was destined not to be born. She doesn't recognize that the evil is in her, not the child. And the evil is the hormones that are affecting her preceptions and reactions.
Post partum psychosis is a person who has had reactions to hormone levels so extreme that they have lost touch with reality. Meaning they may still know how to conduct the activities of daily living, but they are unable to comprehend that it isn't the fault of the child, only themselves and their own hormone levels.

Yes I also believe that with treatment and medication these women can be rehabilitated. And after treatment they will go through the most horrific time of their lives.... facing up to what has happened.

I suffer from depression normally. And with my first pregnancy they watched me carefully for post partum depression. But actually things worked out that I didn't have any problems.

With my second pregnancy I wasn't under psychiatric care. And I think I did have a period of undiagnosed post partum depression. Which means I was at risk of post partum psychosis. Luckily it didn't go that far. But my history of depression and my experiences with pregnancy does make me believe that post partum depression is reality and that it isn't that big a step to post partum psychosis.

The husband of a woman accused of tossing her disabled 7-month-old son off the fourth story of a hospital parking structure said Wednesday that his wife suffered from postpartum depression and he doesn't blame her for her actions.

snip

Hermosillo's husband, Noe Medina, said in an emotional press conference that he didn't blame his wife and urged women to get treatment if they think they might have postpartum depression.

snip

"My wife was not in her five senses. She didn't know what she was doing," Medina said, choking back tears. "I don't know if many people know what postpartum depression is, but in reality it is something very serious and needs to be treated."

Simmons said Hermosillo's behavior showed she intended to kill her son, regardless of her mental state.

"It's not like she's in a fetal position when the police arrived," he said. "She picks a specific location, drives to the top of the building (and) takes the helmet off. I'm sure she's depressed, the post-partum blues, I'm sure she had some of that."

"It's going to be up to a jury to decide if she had the wherewithal to inform the intent to kill."

Note: Simmons is the DA.

Post partum depression and post partum psychosis are terrible illnesses. I'm going to wait to see what the doctors say, and what the jury says, if there's a trial. PPD and PPP are just different. I will not slam a woman who appears to have had one or the other, and harms her child, without knowing what the doctors say, and knowing the circumstances.

God bless this baby's daddy, who's suffering so much right now. Give him strength.

Postpartum could play role in infant boy's death

"There is no grudge against my wife. Don't judge her poorly. She was truly ill," Noe Medina said tearfully in his native Spanish on Wednesday. "Understand the pain that I am in ... I lost my son and now I don't want to lose my wife. I have to keep going on for my two little girls."

http://www.sfexaminer.com/news/heal...uld-play-role-infant-boys-death#ixzz1W2ZePFSQ

This just breaks my heart. I feel terrible for baby Noe, and for his daddy. It's hard to see such suffering.

He is so cute. Love his smile on one of the fb links album. How could she think he was so awful. His daddy loved him. Her children loved him. What was so hard about it.

I am thinking postpartum is playing a huge part. I wonder if she had any meds to help her. Unless you have been through it, you will not understand. I have not. But read a book, and I felt so bad for the mom, who just wanted her baby gone. After I had both my kids, it took me a year to snap out of more of a protection mode. Hormones can make things go crazy.

I used to work in a mother and baby unit on a psych ward.
I nursed one mum who killed her baby in a horrifically violent way, once she recovered, although her family were supportive, she felt her life was over. She was a different person when she was ill. Truly a terrible disease that needs treatment and understanding, not judgement IMO

I just saw this on the news, and it's so incredibly heart breaking.

RIP Angel.

:'(

Sonia Hermosillo, 31, did not appear in a Santa Ana jail courthouse Thursday because of an unspecified medical condition.

-----------------------------------------

He added that the child's medical condition may be a factor in the prosecution.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2011/08/arraignment-postponed-woman-throwing-baby-death-.html

Prosecutors say the mother of three took her infant son to the garage at Children's Hospital of Orange County on Monday, removed a special helmet he wore for a medical condition and pushed him over the edge — then re-entered the building to validate her parking ticket before driving away.

"There are some facts to suggest she knew exactly what she was doing,"
said Scott Simmons, senior deputy district attorney.

Hermosillo's husband Noe Medina had said his wife suffered from postpartum depression and did not know what she was doing.

When she learned she was expecting a son, she was excited, said Sonia Herrera, a neighbor whose daughter played with Hermosillo's children.

After the boy's birth, Hermosillo became withdrawn and serious,
she said.

Medina said his wife was hospitalized for postpartum depression in June after she said she didn't want the boy.

Hermosillo's husband said his wife took medication after her hospitalization and had seen a therapist for the first time on Monday.

Later that day, she scooped up the baby while her husband was watching their daughters, and left their second-story apartment.

A panicked Medina called 911 to report his wife and son missing.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/artic...23/national/a161521D50.DTL&ao=2#ixzz1W53xlAGV

It makes me sick, but by "it" I haven't decided yet if I mean the illness that caused her to do this or the mother herself. I do believe in PPD as well, and for that reason, yes, I do think that she could have known what she was doing, but not known that it was wrong. Chances are that she did know it was both wrong and evil, and didn't care, but on this one, I'm not sure, and part of it because she was actually suffering from documented PPD, it's not just something that a lawyer is throwing out there after the fact.

Poor Noe. he should have a chance to prove how much of a miracle he could be. This hits me hard, having one child with developmental delays and a two week infant with serious health problems, they have never been any less perfect than my other kids.

This isn't going to be a popular post so be prepared.

I believe in the diagnosis of post partum depression and psychosis.

During teen years, pms, early in a pregnancy, just after giving birth, and during menopause hormones do make people pretty nuts. Depression, tears and confusion are pretty common. We all hear about most of those, many of us have talked about it. Most of us consider ourselves pretty 'normal'. But the hormonal changes affect each of us to different degrees. For some of us, we get the 'blues'. For others, we spend a lot of time crying. To others it may come out as argumentiveness or agression. When the hormonal levels even up, we go back to normal and secretly wonder why everyone else is making such a big deal of our 'little mood swings'. Or even that maybe it was all their fault, though we might admit to overreacting a little.

But just after birth the homone changes can cause disordered thinking so severe that it can cause psychosis. Usually in a psychosis the mother will either believe that the child is evil or was destined not to be born. She doesn't recognize that the evil is in her, not the child. And the evil is the hormones that are affecting her preceptions and reactions.
Post partum psychosis is a person who has had reactions to hormone levels so extreme that they have lost touch with reality. Meaning they may still know how to conduct the activities of daily living, but they are unable to comprehend that it isn't the fault of the child, only themselves and their own hormone levels.

Yes I also believe that with treatment and medication these women can be rehabilitated. And after treatment they will go through the most horrific time of their lives.... facing up to what has happened.

I suffer from depression normally. And with my first pregnancy they watched me carefully for post partum depression. But actually things worked out that I didn't have any problems.

With my second pregnancy I wasn't under psychiatric care. And I think I did have a period of undiagnosed post partum depression. Which means I was at risk of post partum psychosis. Luckily it didn't go that far. But my history of depression and my experiences with pregnancy does make me believe that post partum depression is reality and that it isn't that big a step to post partum psychosis.

It is very hard for me to understand. Like most, I imagine serious psychosis as a person incapable of functioning, or plotting, etc. I also have a very hard time understanding how, in the depths of psychosis like you describe, where the person can function, a mother would not say, "Hey, please just put me in the hospital or take this baby away from me. If you don't, I;m going to kill the baby." Is there no trace of logic left at all? No trace of understanding that they may be ill and need help? No trace of mother's instinct?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missygirl26
Back